PDA

View Full Version : First Person Shooter mode? Mastah Cheif time!

Kimil
Jan 3, 2006, 06:29 PM
What's the point of the first person mode with Guns that they mention... wouldn't it just be easier to let the auto aim aim for you? or does it bypass your characters accuracy and make headshot instant Kills?
Head Shot

hmm... would this mode make ATA useless? or would having a low ATA make your gun fire crappily aimed shots?

Brus
Jan 3, 2006, 06:31 PM
You can hit enemy weak spots that would be unavailable otherwise... or so I've heard.

F-o-x
Jan 3, 2006, 06:46 PM
As Brus said you can hit enemy weakspots for more damage, but I'm sure it won't make ATA useless. I'm sure, just like PSO, we'll be seeing "Miss" if our ATA sucks even if we're aiming ourselves.

Kano-Okami
Jan 3, 2006, 07:25 PM
I've wondered about that too, and I think that the accuracy will be boosted a bit while in that mode, It only makes sense to. It'd suck to be at point-blank range shooting at an enemy big as the broad side of a barn and ring up nothing but MISS!,..kinda like in pso with my fomar against the monkeys in the Mountain area.
..I swore he was blind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-01-03 16:26 ]</font>

Brus
Jan 3, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-01-03 16:25, Kano-Okami wrote:
I've wondered about that too, and I think that the accuracy will be boosted a bit while in that mode, It only makes sense to. It'd suck to be at point-blank range shooting at an enemy big as the broad side of a barn and ring up nothing but MISS!,..kinda like in pso with my fomar against the monkeys in the Mountain area.
..I swore he was blind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-01-03 16:26 ]</font>

I'll never understand why the melee force had the WORST ata out of all the forces. I mean come on, the other forces didnt even NEED ata (well not as much).

But yeah, I hope there is at least some sort of sniping that can be done to get a few early points of damage in.

Blobmiester
Jan 3, 2006, 08:09 PM
I think it should be 2x your accuarcy. Then again, that might get a little outragous, with thoose lv.200 casts, and their super ATA+ Weapons.. lol

_Tek_
Jan 3, 2006, 08:20 PM
FPS is also required to hit flying enemies.

You defult aim range is mostly for ground targets.

littleman2347
Jan 3, 2006, 08:35 PM
it might have somthing to do with the flying type monsters i think just a thought and the weak points : p just a thought

Espilonarge
Jan 3, 2006, 09:46 PM
I know the bosses tend to like flying around so I'm guessing 1st person mode is best used in those situations. Unfortunly you can't strafe in 1st person mode so 1st person shooter fanatics will be dissipointed.. v.v

OdinTyler
Jan 3, 2006, 10:38 PM
1. As said, FPS mode helps target weak spots. One particular such boss is reported as you need to take out his wings then focus on the body.

2. The auto lock on is for when youre meleeing. Think of Zelda: Windwaker. Unlike this melee action, FPS will have limited range due to the lack of strafing in this mode. Damn shame, but, we gotta protect our rangers while they cover us.

Forte1224
Jan 3, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yea. I'd laugh if you somehow aimed for the monster and missed, hitting your teammate who's behind you.

OdinTyler
Jan 3, 2006, 10:42 PM
I doubt theres a Friendly Fire option. This isnt SOCOM. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Jan 4, 2006, 01:54 AM
You can't move while aiming in first-person.

First person is there, so you can more accurately target the enemy you want, and hit its weak spots. I'm guessing that it's just that; targetting, and it'll still calculate ATA/EVP to determine whether or not the shot hits the enemy or not. That'd probably be the best way to do it.

littleman2347
Jan 4, 2006, 12:24 PM
Your shooting at the monster "bang bang bang'you shoot ur friend' aaaaaaaaaa my eye . SRRY!!............"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2006-01-04 15:18 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 4, 2006, 04:44 PM
Nah, its not THAT accurate. But, it will be effective to get the job done.

zandra117
Jan 4, 2006, 10:27 PM
Just think of it like Metal Gear Solid.

DeathMachine
Jan 4, 2006, 10:39 PM
The way I see it, is that it will be good for targeting crucial points on enemies, might have something to do with area puzzles (shoot a rock formation to make a bootleg bridge), and will slightly boost ATA. That's why you can't move when doing it. It would mess up your concentration.

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2006, 12:41 AM
Yes, we've talked about it helping for puzzles. Im sure that will be implemented. If this is true, I want it to also work with a bow & arrow. I plan to use it as my ranged wep for my main, so any beneficial possibility as such, Id like to go for it.