PDA

View Full Version : A Theory about PSO/PSU Link

zandra117
Jan 4, 2006, 10:41 PM
I think I may have found the link between PSO and PSU.
I think Pioneer 1, 2, and 3 escaped the Graal system during the 500 Year War to get away from the conflict and settle where they could live in peace. In PSO they talk about their homeworld "Coral". Try saying "Coral" without the "o" it sounds alot like "Graal". If they evacuated Graal then they probably would have launched from Parum because the head government is located there. Most of Parum's population is Human and Cast. That would explain why there are no Beasts on Pioneer 2 because Beasts dont get along with Casts.

We will never know for sure until Febuary 16th though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-01-04 20:00 ]</font>

DeathMachine
Jan 4, 2006, 10:43 PM
Deep. I personally don't endorse this theory, but it is possible.

Uncle_bob
Jan 4, 2006, 10:59 PM
Haven't they already stated that there is no direct link between PSU and PSO? But hey, still a nice theory. :>

Ryna
Jan 4, 2006, 11:08 PM
Phantasy Star Universe borrows concepts from previous Phantasy Star games, but it is not connected with any of them. This was stated in an interview a few months ago that was on IGN.

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2006, 12:28 AM
Also, keep in mind that Coral was the planet they escaped from for the Pioneer project. Graal is the name of the system in which the 3 new planets are. This new system has closer ties to the origins of Phantasy Star, that being Algol. There was a theory floating around that Coral was a colony founded by Alis Landale's daughter, Mina (I think it was). So, theres a possible connection there.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 5, 2006, 12:46 AM
copto

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2006, 12:51 AM
On 2006-01-04 21:46, Jonathan_F wrote:
copto

What does that mean? Is that a dialect of Dezorian that I dont know?

Sinue_v2
Jan 5, 2006, 12:57 AM
There was a theory floating around that Coral was a colony founded by Alis Landale's daughter, Mina (I think it was).

It was Alissa Landale herself who founded the colony, which is why the colony has the nickname "AlisLand". Yeah, the name of the colony is "Copto" - but that's a BAD romanization on the part of the translation team from what I heard. Alot of fans were upset at the translation, and there were plans to re-translate the PSGaiden due to the errors and unnecessary storyline changes. Not sure of whatever happened to that project...

As for a PSU-PSO connection, that's a pretty weak link and already I can see a lot of contradictory information between making a connection going that route. There's no real smoking gun there, like there was with PSO's connection to PSIII. So we'll just have to wait until we actually get to play the game and dissect the storyline to see if Sonic Team left any "clues" to link it to the past games - despite offically being a seperate continuity.

Espilonarge
Jan 5, 2006, 04:05 AM
Heres a "linkup" for ya.

In a video at IGN you see the group wondering around in a "Forest Plains" area but theres no music. When Ethen and the gang attack with Sabres, the same sound can be heard being used for the PSO Ep4 weapons.

Now I wonder if PSO Ep4 was just a teaser for PSU.. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2006, 10:29 AM
Well, as I said, it was something I read in passing. Other ppl claimed that there was a clone of Alis. I know, weird stuff. Idk, I just think it would help us if there were some connection between the various series, if at all possible.

zandra117
Jan 5, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-01-05 01:05, Espilonarge wrote:
Heres a "linkup" for ya.

In a video at IGN you see the group wondering around in a "Forest Plains" area but theres no music. When Ethen and the gang attack with Sabres, the same sound can be heard being used for the PSO Ep4 weapons.

Now I wonder if PSO Ep4 was just a teaser for PSU.. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

The meteor that hit Ragol in episode IV could have been a stray meteor from SEED. Or it could have been a piece of debris from Parma that was infected by dark falz dna.

OdinTyler
Jan 5, 2006, 01:36 PM
Parma or Parum? See? This is why PSU should just take place in Algol. The names are so close to the original names that everyone's getting confused. As Ive never played EpisodeIV, did the story behind this meteor ever really get explained?