PDA

View Full Version : magic

DLShAdOw
Jan 5, 2006, 08:16 PM
teh gathering. Who plays? I thought i quit a while ago but i was bored so i made a deck tonight.

geewj
Jan 5, 2006, 09:22 PM
I played it for like 6 year, but I quit like 5 years ago.

It's a great game, just it eats too much time and money. Plus the newer decks were getting a kinda funky.

But yeah, I love playing blue. Nothing like a good control deck.

FIDELCASTRO
Jan 5, 2006, 11:07 PM
i remember back in the day, my friend and i would make fun decks because we were bored.

longest match ever. we played a 3 v. 3 two people on my team got eliminated, including myself. so it became the aforementioned friend against three direct damage fire decks.

his deck was the aptly named "Life Gain" deck

this was in May 2002, so whatever was out then is what was being used...

4 1/2 hours later, my friend was still playing(they let him start his deck over again)

LIFE
them combined: 21
him alone: 437

they got bored and quit

Wyndham
Jan 5, 2006, 11:16 PM
I used to play with my brothers.
one time, my younger brother used a card (lord of the pit, i think), and every turn it took one creature or one life counter. he ran out of creatures, and my older brother just used a solid defense.
guess who won.

Solstis
Jan 5, 2006, 11:34 PM
Frink understood the values of a good counterspell.

Yeah, I don't understand half the rules of the newer releases.

I did have a really fun Black/White Health Regain/Destroy all Lands deck. Desolation Angel!

Sock
Jan 6, 2006, 02:24 AM
I used to play, but I had about $700 worth of cards stolen from me, never got my collection rebuilt. By the looks of things, it's gotten too expensive, and they're launching too many sets for me to pick it up again. I've read all but five books in the line of Magic: The Gathering novels, though. I'm currently on the Ravnica cycle, the first book of that series was pretty meager.

Madzozs
Jan 6, 2006, 10:30 AM
I played for a long time. I had a really fast burn deck which was used for random tourneys. Most of the time it won since 20 could be done in 3 turns.

My 2 other favorites were my Red/Black Land Destruction deck. At the time I played, I used it in Extended Tourneys. People hated me for it. I would thin out my deck with land searching, and just drop all there land they had, plus if they got a creature out, it'd die fast. The kill was a red creature who had Haste and his P/T was equal to the number of sorceries in my graveyard. Basically, when he came into play, they didnt have more than 2 turns.

Lastly, White life gain. I would win by having over 50 Life. Can't remember the name of the Enchantment that did it. Howling Mine + Grafted Skullcap + Ensnaring Bridge + Words of Worship.

PIT
Jan 6, 2006, 11:04 AM
i love this game, but i'll tell you - for me there wasn't any better edition, than the mirrodin block.

btw. i'm a golem collector and the mirrodin golems are really kick-ass

Saiffy
Jan 6, 2006, 11:24 AM
On 2006-01-06 07:30, Madzozs wrote:
Lastly, White life gain. I would win by having over 50 Life. Can't remember the name of the Enchantment that did it. Howling Mine + Grafted Skullcap + Ensnaring Bridge + Words of Worship.

Test of Endurance I think it is, I got a "shiney" card of it, but hardly ever used it.

I used to play and often buy, but I just stopped suddenly, too few people to play with, and I didn't care to keep wasting money on cards.

Mind control, ftw.

geewj
Jan 6, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-01-05 20:34, Solstis wrote:
Frink understood the values of a good counterspell.

4 force of wills in that deck.

http://www.cardshark.com/images_magic/03107.jpg

I could counter things before I even had my first turn.

Sayara
Jan 6, 2006, 12:06 PM
I only played my friends wall deck, which allowed creatures to die, just to give power to that +x/+x monster, with x being # of dead creatures. (It was green)

Then another deck of black, any card discarded = 2 damage, And every attack i'd do causes a discarded card.
Needless to say i was quickly taken out XD