PDA

View Full Version : March 30th?! Now what do we do?

Atayin
Jan 6, 2006, 03:51 PM
I'm sure we're all a little bit irritated that we'll need to wait even LONGER to play PSU. I'll speak for myself.. even though it's a positive thing that we'll be getting more content in-game, we still have to wait for it. Waiting still sucks.

So, while trying to make the best of this news, the question is.. What are you going to do to pass the time while we wait to play?

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2006, 04:05 PM
We wait. Try to play other games. Find other things to do to pass the time. Basically, live life, doing whatever. Same as always til the prize arrives.

ajenteks
Jan 6, 2006, 04:09 PM
Brace for another delay.

Dre_o
Jan 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
I will...write poems, draw, sit here thinking of women (where did that come from?), play games, and overall, grow very irritated as time inches by.

Atayin
Jan 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-01-06 13:09, ajenteks wrote:
Brace for another delay.

Hahaha. Does anybody remember waiting for the PSO release on Dreamcast? A lot of us had to brace for quite a few delays.. I sure hope it won't be like that for PSU.

Personally, I've been playing the origional Phantasy Star games lately (which I had never played until now) to help me kind of forget about PSU. I'm making my way through PSIV and I'm pretty impressed so far. If I had known it was so good, I'd have tried it much sooner.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2006, 04:28 PM
Just a bit of advice: take your time with PSIV. Its not as long as the previous games. Oh & dont try to max out your char lvls. Theres a SERIOUS bug in the game where you lose lvls stats & abilities. Im not making this up. It happened to me & I still get mad every time I think about it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
Jan 6, 2006, 04:28 PM
I am going to work on putting together additional PSU guides and updating existing ones as more information. If I ever get caught up on that, I have a large backlog of Blue Burst guides to put together.

Ryna
Jan 6, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-01-06 13:28, OdinTyler wrote:
Oh & dont try to max out your char lvls. Theres a SERIOUS bug in the game where you lose lvls stats & abilities. Im not making this up. It happened to me & I still get mad every time I think about it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Poor Rika, she is usually the first character to suffer from that problem.

ajenteks
Jan 6, 2006, 04:33 PM
On 2006-01-06 13:16, Atayin wrote:

Hahaha. Does anybody remember waiting for the PSO release on Dreamcast? A lot of us had to brace for quite a few delays.. I sure hope it won't be like that for PSU.

Heh, the only PSO release that I haven't cringed over each delay for was Ep. III, which really doesn't count. The rich history of releases proves that the waiting has almost always been worth the end result though.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2006, 04:34 PM
Actually, my bigger probs were with Rune & Wren. To think, you spend time playing a game, even in PSIV where you can gain lvls fairly easily. Then, to have chars de-level, lose points on their abilities & sometimes, were even set to 0 permanently. If it werent a PS game, I wouldve smashed it!

Atayin
Jan 6, 2006, 04:37 PM
Woah. I had no idea about those glitches in PSIV. Thanks a bunch for the heads up, guys. That would get me pretty frustrated too, if I leveled up just to get bugged.

On 2006-01-06 13:33, ajenteks wrote:

The rich history of releases proves that the waiting has almost always been worth the end result though.

Well said, man. My expectations for PSU are even higher now that the release date has been pushed back. I just need to stay busy during my free-time(or try to), otherwise I'll go crazy with anticipation.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2006, 04:40 PM
Just to be safe, start checking your lvls around 80 or so. If you notice any occuring glitches, immediately reset & try again. You start noticing probs around then but they tend to vanish. By 90, they become permanent if youve saved after theyve occurred. So just be careful.

Blobmiester
Jan 6, 2006, 07:08 PM
Me... IMA go through the old Phantasy Star games. About time I did that. Barely Started PS1, as of now. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niki
Jan 6, 2006, 07:13 PM
Hm, for me, it'll be privately hosted, hack-free Episode I & II to try to hit level 200. [Yeah, right.]

uhawww
Jan 6, 2006, 08:06 PM
Seriously...
Monster Hunter 2...

Niki
Jan 6, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-01-06 17:06, uhawww wrote:
Seriously...
Monster Hunter 2...
Release date = Decembre 31 2006?

i see, the JP release is next month. Well, i'll pass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niki on 2006-01-06 17:57 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2006, 08:49 PM
Im with you Niki. Idk if Ill ever hit Lv200 on PSO. Maybe on PSU with enough groups. I have 14 lvls to go to try this armor Ive been waiting on. Then, 56 more lvls til 200. I just dont see it all happening. LOL

Atayin
Jan 6, 2006, 09:20 PM
Here is why I absolutely loved PSO.
In any MMORPG you have what is commonly referred to as the "Grind". You go to buy weps/items/armr.. get what you need. Sell what loot you got. Head on out into the field and start killing endlessly to gain XP.

Now, when you break it down.. yeah.. I guess PSO was kinda like that. But it never felt that way at all. Probably because of the emphasis on teamwork. I always had cool people to keep me company and we'd chat away, laughing at whatever we fought.

Before I knew it, I was lvl 97 (this was back on Dreamcast, few years ago). I never even made the goal to hit 97. I never cared. It just happened as a side effect of hanging out and having a good time, chatting away while bashing enemies. Gaining levels was just kinda a bonus. It was like "Wow.. I'm lvl 97 already?? Sweet!!!"

The online Phantasy Star games have always given us a lot of room to progress and plenty of goals to reach, but the pressure to get there is never too much or overwhelming (or atleast I didn't think so) as opposed to your typical "I need to be lvl 52 before I can do anything cool at all" MMORPG.

All the more reason to look forward to ... whatever the U.S. release date is.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2006, 09:24 PM
I can understand where youre coming from. However, 200 levels is an insane amt to work on, especially given how much XP you need or rather, how little XP you get from Ultimate enemies. If the XP were boosted up, it would go quicker. I agree about meeting ppl online & teamwork being vital for PSO being fun. I just hope that not only carries over but improves in PSU.

therealAERO
Jan 6, 2006, 10:23 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 will be out by than. That should hold ya over.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2006, 11:09 PM
Nope, I didnt play the 1st one. Besides, money's tight so Im only getting what I can swing for now. Besides, Im selective about what RPGs I get into.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 7, 2006, 12:28 AM
It is seriously time i worked on PS3 and PSGaiden

Sinue_v2
Jan 7, 2006, 12:58 AM
As far as PSIV goes - it's one of the easier PS games out there. You should have no problem defeating the final boss at around lvl 60. So the worry about leveling too much isn't really that big of a concern since the glitch only happens at the upper levels. (I've never made it up that high in lvls, too impatient, but I thought I recalled that the glitch is just a lvl 99 thing.)

As for PSU - I have plenty of other things to do. I hear there's a few pre-requesites to complete in Phantasy Star Generation: 1 which, if you meet them, will unlock a way to keep Nei alive in Phantasy Star Generation II.

King's Quest IX will hopefully be out soon, as will Quest for Glory II Remake... so those should keep me busy for awhile. Then there's several other Adventure games I'd like to revisit - not to mention other new game releases I'm looking forward to.

Espilonarge
Jan 7, 2006, 01:12 AM
I bet someones gunna go out of there league and do a "Half-Life2/DooM3" stunt by yanking the demo version of PSU. I can so see it happening. c.c

Brus
Jan 7, 2006, 02:01 AM
As for PSU - I have plenty of other things to do. I hear there's a few pre-requesites to complete in Phantasy Star Generation: 1 which, if you meet them, will unlock a way to keep Nei alive in Phantasy Star Generation II.

Oh man, I didn't know that! I always wondered about the pictures with nei being alive towards the end. Could you by any chance PM me the prereqs or post them?

Atayin
Jan 7, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-01-06 22:12, Espilonarge wrote:
I bet someones gunna go out of there league and do a "Half-Life2/DooM3" stunt by yanking the demo version of PSU. I can so see it happening. c.c

...One could only hope http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

F-o-x
Jan 7, 2006, 03:05 AM
Three words. Shining Force Three. I played through the first of three parts earlier last month and I'm looking forward to going through the entire three scenarios. If that doesn't hold me I have a few other RPGs I need to work on before PSU hits.

I might also check out this thing called "school". I've never heard of it but it sounds like its going to suck...

Shadow_Wing
Jan 7, 2006, 03:24 AM
Well I've taken up playing though the following again...

PSIV (weee... 5th run?)
Chrono Trigger (uhh.... 16th run now?)
Final Fantasy 3/6 (3rd run =o)

The above poster reminds me, Shining force goodness, god the best tatics game I've ever played.

Inazuma
Jan 7, 2006, 03:49 AM
i LOVE shining force III. must have played thru the first scenario about 5 times.

2D
Jan 7, 2006, 06:41 AM
On 2006-01-06 17:06, uhawww wrote:
Seriously...
Monster Hunter 2...

I simply love that game.
Well life will keep me busy.
My music and such.Girlfriend always snatching at you.But when PSU comes out..My social life is going down the train.

Espilonarge
Jan 7, 2006, 07:26 AM
On 2006-01-07 03:41, 2D wrote:
I simply love that game.
Well life will keep me busy.
My music and such.Girlfriend always snatching at you.But when PSU comes out..My social life is going down the train.
So will your spelling skills. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 7, 2006, 12:10 PM
LOL He meant going down the drain. As for Nei being alive in PSII, there is a way, but, not in the way you think:

1. When Neifirst kills Nei & you go to battle her, use a Moon Dew on Nei & she will be resurrected. You can do this for as long as the battle lasts. When it ends, Nei dies, for good.

2. I never played these Generation remakes. However, I heard of a rumor involving Nei being able to last the whole game. Its a glitch & not normally possible. Dont expect to pull it off as its not possible to have Nei return. When Neifirst is defeated, the reason is explained why.

Brus
Jan 7, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-01-07 09:10, OdinTyler wrote:
LOL He meant going down the drain. As for Nei being alive in PSII, there is a way, but, not in the way you think:

1. When Neifirst kills Nei & you go to battle her, use a Moon Dew on Nei & she will be resurrected. You can do this for as long as the battle lasts. When it ends, Nei dies, for good.

2. I never played these Generation remakes. However, I heard of a rumor involving Nei being able to last the whole game. Its a glitch & not normally possible. Dont expect to pull it off as its not possible to have Nei return. When Neifirst is defeated, the reason is explained why.

In generation 2, I'm pretty sure that the method keeping Nei alive is less a glitch and more of an easter egg, considering that is that she now has ending art. ALthough, it is 100% a glitch in the original... but you knew that.

_Tek_
Jan 7, 2006, 08:18 PM
Well, I'm going to get my pstwo repaied and buy a bunch of games, because I probably wont be seeing PSU until late summer.

I'm just not going to bother with any of it. Bye, see you all in like 6 months.

Sinue_v2
Jan 7, 2006, 09:23 PM
Its a glitch & not normally possible. Dont expect to pull it off as its not possible to have Nei return.

Yeah, in the remakes it's a bonus for meeting certain prerequisites in Phantasy Star Generation I. It's not a glitch.. but I've never considered trying it up until now since Nei's death is pretty intregal to the storyline, and it would loose a lot of it's meaning having her live through it. Still, it is in there... and yeah, there's a whole new ending for when she lives.

Unfortunately Brus, I'm not sure of the method. I'd have to go look it up on the net. A guy over at GameFaqs named Jack Power is apperantly trying to make a guide for the method, but I have no idea what kind of progress he's made on it.

OdinTyler
Jan 7, 2006, 11:18 PM
1. Does anyone have pics of Nei from this ending & such?

2. Is this from the PS2 remake or the Gameboy one?

Sinue_v2
Jan 8, 2006, 12:13 AM
I'll look around, but I'm not sure off-hand where to find screenshots of the extra ending.

And yeah.. it's only in the PS2 remake.

OdinTyler
Jan 8, 2006, 12:42 AM
Oh? So it came out then? When? I never saw it in stores or heard official info on it.

Brus
Jan 8, 2006, 02:52 AM
It actually came out about a year ago, but it was a JP only release, as for the nei ending pic, lemme find it and i'll post it.

Ansatsu
Jan 8, 2006, 11:15 AM
I just got ps2 online, a new slimline and a preorder of PSU (muahahahahha) so im just bracing for the release date. For now ill have to stick with burnout revenge to pass the time.