PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo WiFi: METROID PRIME HUNTERS

Forte1224
Jan 7, 2006, 12:32 AM
Anyone gunna get? Just interested to see how popular this is compared to animal crossing and MK.

trypticon
Jan 7, 2006, 03:50 AM
I'll probably get it simply because of the online content. I'll put it out flat. Nintendo systems have been starved of online content so far, I'm going to eat up all the games that have it until I'm satiated. So far I'm not, because the wireless settup I have here isn't compatible with Nintendo WiFi, and I don't feel like getting fatter at a McDonalds every day, or some other chowy place.

But I may hold off on getting it for a while because I thought the metroid prime hunters demo that came with my original DS, which I promptly returned to get another one that came with Super Mario 64 DS the next day, SUCKED.

Just wasn't impressed with it. I'm not into that type of game really. However, if there were other players to team up with or against, I could imagine it would be more interesting.

Kent
Jan 7, 2006, 06:21 AM
Hmm... I forgot that was coming out. >_>

2D
Jan 7, 2006, 01:38 PM
I forgot about that game completey.
And yes nintendo slacks in online play.

Link00seven
Jan 7, 2006, 04:58 PM
I'm looking forward to it and do plan on picking it up.

Wyndham
Jan 7, 2006, 08:50 PM
I'll be buying this game when in april if I can find it, because my money from march is all going to my brother's birthday present.
I can't wait for this game.

Skett
Jan 8, 2006, 10:37 PM
It's probably tied with Final Fantasy III in my most wanted DS games. The game is really shaping up and the last trailer they had was awesome.

Dre_o
Jan 9, 2006, 09:28 AM
I'll probably be getting it, I just need to get my freaking WIFI to work....

Eihwaz
Jan 9, 2006, 01:07 PM
I've heard that the demo sucks. Well, it's been quite a period of time since the demo was released, so I'm sure the game has been improved greatly. I'm sure Nintendo wouldldn't want to screw up one of their most popular franchises with a sub-par product.

So, that being said, I do indeed plan to pick up this when it comes out. Portable Metroid Prime game with online play? Dude. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-01-10 16:33 ]</font>

WrathofGOD
Jan 10, 2006, 07:12 PM
There is a member here that is working on that game...

trypticon
Jan 11, 2006, 12:01 AM
Here's some more info on this game.

Nintendo has reported that if Metroid Prime Hunters is a big success, some of the five bounty hunters will have a game of their own. So, yay! More spinoffs!

The main story takes place on five planets with 25 areas. Samus must collect special Alimbic artifacts from the other bounty hunters. If one of the bounty hunters captures one of these artifacts, Samus needs to board her ship, force the other bounty hunter down on a planet and steal the artifact. Yay! Stealing!!

Each bounty hunter has their own ship and the ships are closely modelled on the corresponding bounty hunter's armor. Yay! Fashion sense!

The storyline takes place between Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime: Echoes, and the game is set to be released March 20th, 2006.

Source: http://www.fwoun.com

PJ
Jan 11, 2006, 01:12 AM
Finally, a DS game I can be excited about! Schwa!

I loved the Metroid demo for the DS, it was just a bit confusing for a bit.