PDA

View Full Version : High School Musicals

FIDELCASTRO
Jan 7, 2006, 01:48 PM
Do your schools do musical productions? Just wondering, because I just really started getting invloved with theater this year.

Not sure if anyone remembers, but I got redistricted to a brand new high school where there are only sophmores and freshmen(I'm a sophmore).

Since we don't have enough for a real musical, the performing arts teachers(dance, choir, drama, band) got together and decided to do this Rock N' Roll Time Machine. Basically an exploration of Rock n Roll in the 20th Century.

Just got the e-mail today that I made it, so I'm pretty excited. Since the director wants to do live music, I also get to play guitar with a band on stage.

Since I was redistricted, my brothers, who's a junior, and I go to different schools(messed up, but what can you do). His school(my old school) did Guys&Dolls in the fall, and are doing Pippin in the spring.

Thought I'd share...anyone else?

Stan
Jan 7, 2006, 03:59 PM
My school does ancient greek plays (not really musicals). We did Medea last month, in a roman bathhouse (Heerlen was a roman city, Coriovallum). Weird combination, but since most people don't know the difference, it was ok http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.
It's custom here for the the last year kids at the basic school (system is different here) to perform a musical. I got the lead http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (four years ago)

Kent
Jan 7, 2006, 05:56 PM
Not unless you count me playing the Imperial March from my laptop, as a classmate walks to the front of the class decked-out in Clone Trooper armor, and gives a speech on why camping is bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2006-01-07 20:56 ]</font>

Wyndham
Jan 7, 2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure if it counts, but my friend's school did a rap version of Macbeth.
I unfortunately am home schooled, so I don't have such oppertunities.

PJ
Jan 7, 2006, 10:25 PM
The School I go to is an art-oriented high school (All areas, drama, visual art, music, dance, etc. etc.). In first semester, the Drama Focus, Band and Dance students perform for a variety show before Christmas, and there are 2 other shows that are just Drama Focus (One is the Grade 12 Drama Focus show, then the one in January is Grade 10/11 show)

In Second Semester, it's more, "Professional," with classes like music theatre and stage band. Every year, our school puts on a show (Last year it was Pirates of Penzance, dunno what it will be this year), then there's another variety show close to the end of the year.

During all of my high school career, I've always been in the regular Band class (First semester stuff), but this year I'm also doing Stage Band.

Sayara
Jan 7, 2006, 10:34 PM
Our (old) school did 3 shows a year.

1. Fall Musical, I acted in the 2003-04 show as Show Manager in Gypsy (who's name slips me)

2. Dinner Theater, all student directed. I worked in 4 in 2 years, (1 and 3.)

3. Spring Play.

2D
Jan 9, 2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah i am homeschooled to.
But im in a band i play bass guitar. =P

But homeschooled has alot of advtanges with disadvtanges but all disadvtanges just lean towards how social you can be.
((Spell check))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 2D on 2006-01-09 12:46 ]</font>