PDA

View Full Version : Equipment?

Brus
Jan 7, 2006, 07:39 PM
I dont know if this has been brought up before, and if it has just go ahead and lock this but... Does anyone know to what extent we get to equip our characters? For example, in PSO you had, weapon - armor - 4 units (possible) - shield - mag. I know for sure you can't equip mags anymore, but will we see the return of units or something of the like? Perhaps even more equipment like headgear/boots/underarmor?

Ryna
Jan 7, 2006, 09:39 PM
We know that you'll be able to equip weapons, armor, and partner machinery. Weapons and Partner Machinery will probably be the most visible of the three. Look at the Weapons guide to be able to see what you'll be able to equip. Also, we've seen a mini-maid Partner Machinery fighting alongside Ethan in a recent video. It is unknown whether you'll be able to switch Partner Machinery when you are in the field. As for armor, the only thing we've seen so far is the Shield Line System. It looks like it integrates into your character's clothing. As for other things like slots, nothing has been mentioned yet.

OdinTyler
Jan 7, 2006, 10:55 PM
Well, given that PMs can be used to fill a group member slot in battle, I doubt you could switch when in the field. But, maybe if it 'dies' or you port back up, you could switch out then. It would be GREAT if you could switch in field. Im not holding my breath on that. As for mentioning visible items: weapon, shield, armor & PM. Well, maybe all those wont be visible right away, but, like in PSO, later ones should give some sort of visible image.

Brus
Jan 7, 2006, 11:14 PM
Wasn't it stated before that PM's would give no real stat boosts though? I could be wrong, but thats why I'm asking.

OdinTyler
Jan 8, 2006, 12:44 AM
That wasnt confirmed. Its possible, but, who knows. What is confirmed is that at least a more evolved PM can take the place of a group member in battle & actually fight alongside you. Also, its item-making abilities are confirmed. Maybe in some indirect way, it makes items that aide your stats so it helps your stats in THAT way?

littleman2347
Jan 9, 2006, 09:33 AM
Do you think that you could equip you PM's with stuff since they can fight with you?

Ryna
Jan 9, 2006, 09:36 AM
On 2006-01-09 06:33, littleman2347 wrote:
Do you think that you could equip you PM's with stuff since they can fight with you?

It is possible. We see the mini-maid partner machinery running around with a Saber in one of the streaming videos. It might be possible to equip it with other "small" weapons like handguns and daggers.

PhishManiac
Jan 9, 2006, 09:54 AM
I doubt Sega is taking the effort to make every piece of armor or shield visible. As OdinTyler said probably some of the harder to find armors or shields will be visible.

OdinTyler
Jan 9, 2006, 11:23 AM
Given that a PM will fill in for a group member, I dont see why it wouldnt truly become so. The Elenor one can hold a saber (so probably other weps too). She can attack & I think I saw some sort of Photon Arts in a video. Think of the PM as another bank of sorts. If you find new equipment, put it on your PM. That way if he/she 'dies', you can automatically have the items sent back to your bank as the PM will be there already.

Brus
Jan 9, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-01-09 06:54, PhishManiac wrote:
I doubt Sega is taking the effort to make every piece of armor or shield visible. As OdinTyler said probably some of the harder to find armors or shields will be visible.

I remember reading that sega, because they wanted your character to look the way you customized it, described shields and armors as becoming advanced technology that is it just an invisible nanofield around your body. This would explain why your character's armor and shields never look different, which personally I think is a good thing, unlike other online RPGS in which you look like a complete and utter flaming moron for the first 50 levels because of crappy gear. In terms of effort, for this game I don't really think its an issue, it really looks like ST is going balls to the wall.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-09 09:43 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 9, 2006, 03:26 PM
You could also look at the flip side of this. That being you eventually get bored with the look of your armor & would want something visible to show some sort of gradual change. Yes, you could always customize your look again, but, thats not exactly the same thing. Despite me saying what I just did, having seen the level of customization thats so far been presented, Im not worried. Im sure it will work out just fine however it turns out.

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 9, 2006, 03:44 PM
On 2006-01-09 09:42, Brus wrote:

On 2006-01-09 06:54, PhishManiac wrote:

I remember reading that sega, because they wanted your character to look the way you customized it, described shields and armors as becoming advanced technology that is it just an invisible nanofield around your body. This would explain why your character's armor and shields never look different, which personally I think is a good thing, unlike other online RPGS in which you look like a complete and utter flaming moron for the first 50 levels because of crappy gear. In terms of effort, for this game I don't really think its an issue, it really looks like ST is going balls to the wall.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-09 09:43 ]</font>

This is what i've always liked about PSO versus other MMOs.

Brus
Jan 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-01-09 12:26, OdinTyler wrote:
You could also look at the flip side of this. That being you eventually get bored with the look of your armor & would want something visible to show some sort of gradual change. Yes, you could always customize your look again, but, thats not exactly the same thing. Despite me saying what I just did, having seen the level of customization thats so far been presented, Im not worried. Im sure it will work out just fine however it turns out.

I think it'd be pretty cool if for some later level or rare shields or things, that maybe there would be an option to materialize to get some sort of visual change and the option to keep it invisible if you don't want that change.

littleman2347
Jan 10, 2006, 04:42 PM
ill go with brus on that one i like to be able to see some of the higher lvl shields that you equip.

SirAri
Jan 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
Do you think we will be able to have multiple pms? Like in case I have no one with me, but would like to assemble a team due to my lonelyness?

OdinTyler
Jan 10, 2006, 06:00 PM
You can probably raise more than 1 PM. However, like mags, you can only use/equip 1 at a time. No way theyd let us use more than 1. That would defeat the purpose of a group.

SirAri
Jan 10, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-01-10 15:00, OdinTyler wrote:
You can probably raise more than 1 PM. However, like mags, you can only use/equip 1 at a time. No way theyd let us use more than 1. That would defeat the purpose of a group.

O_O But... but... there go my dreams of having a robot girl army... T_T

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 10:31 AM
LOL Now now, you can probably group up with ppl who have Elenor PMs. Three players, three PMs. It wont be so bad. I did watch the Elenor one fight. Shes not bad. She can do what look like Photon Arts as well (I was impressed!) so I wouldnt worry much. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DeathMachine
Jan 11, 2006, 11:37 AM
Now my PM will be stronger than I am, and force me to be the Pack Mule. I'll have to forge weapons for it. If I try to put it in its place, I'll get in trouble for PM abuse!

SirAri
Jan 11, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-01-11 08:37, DeathMachine wrote:
Now my PM will be stronger than I am, and force me to be the Pack Mule. I'll have to forge weapons for it. If I try to put it in its place, I'll get in trouble for PM abuse!

I'd have no problem with that happening to me, as long as my pm was attractive and female.

ajenteks
Jan 11, 2006, 05:24 PM
I just want a Kireek PM.

Mini-Kireek: "i'LL SWaLLOW YoUR SOuL!"
Me: "Bad Partner Machine! Bad! Back in your cage!"

Yeah, could be good times.

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 05:43 PM
Who wants a Mome PM? Cool right? LOL NO! Just being sarcastic, dont mind me.

DeathMachine
Jan 11, 2006, 09:21 PM
I'd rather have a mini-Kireek than a mini-Mome! Jeez. I didn't want an Ass-pain Machinery.

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 10:47 PM
I just think 1 of the coolest PMs would be it takes a generic humanoid shape. Then, it covers itself in a holographic image & takes on your appearance. It will be a reduced scale version of yourself. Everytime you alter yourself, it will take on your appearance. Idk how much memory that would take, but, having a Mini Me PM would be sweet!