PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the Human & Newman Specials are?

THE1
Jan 7, 2006, 09:47 PM
Ok, cast has the SUV-gun and the beast has the powerfull form, but what do you guys think the humans and newmans will get?

Ryna
Jan 7, 2006, 09:49 PM
On 2006-01-07 18:47, THE1 wrote:
Ok, cast has the SUV-gun and the beast has the powerfull form, but what do you guys think the humans and newmans will get?

Since Humans are supposed to be the "balanced" class, I find it doubtful that they will have a special ability.

As for the Newmans, look at this thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=106601&forum=20&46

THE1
Jan 7, 2006, 11:35 PM
yes but there is an inbalance if the humans dont get anything like a special attack? maybe its defined by the weapon they are using?

Uncle_bob
Jan 7, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-01-07 20:35, THE1 wrote:
yes but there is an inbalance if the humans dont get anything like a special attack? maybe its defined by the weapon they are using?

What Ryna said. Humans = balanced. There's no reason for them to have a special ability. Unless you consider their special ability to be..average. If every race had a special ability, then it wouldn't really be too special

Kent
Jan 8, 2006, 12:02 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Seeing as Beasts and Casts have almost no proficiency with Techniques, they're getting their special abilities to make up for it. Casts and Beasts get to do something excessively powerful once every hour, whereas Humans and (even moreso) Newmen get to be very, very good with techniques, in comparison.

Therefore, in comparison to Newmen, Humans must be a little better with melee weapons and guns.

I can see how it's easy to underestimate the impact of being very proficient in usage of Techniques, but still, it's very possible, and probable, that this is the way the game will be balanced.

Spellbinder
Jan 8, 2006, 12:22 AM
On 2006-01-07 21:02, Kent wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Seeing as Beasts and Casts have almost no proficiency with Techniques, they're getting their special abilities to make up for it. Casts and Beasts get to do something excessively powerful once every hour, whereas Humans and (even moreso) Newmen get to be very, very good with techniques, in comparison.

Therefore, in comparison to Newmen, Humans must be a little better with melee weapons and guns.

I can see how it's easy to underestimate the impact of being very proficient in usage of Techniques, but still, it's very possible, and probable, that this is the way the game will be balanced.

I'm sorry to say, but I really don't think this is the case.

While Beasts are not as proficient in the use of Techniques, there is no specified "Force" class so if one should choose to they can try to use Techniques. How well will they work? I don't know, but the point is they can. The field they excel in however seems to be hand to hand combat and their special ability plays strongly on that.

It would seem Casts take well to guns, which would explain the SUV which plays on that fact.

Beasts and casts do something excessive once every hour that fleshes out their strongpoints into something that sets them apart from the rest. Beasts with their raw melee capacity, and Casts with their unparalleled ranged attack power. It's only natural that the Newmans and Humans will gain an ability that plays on their strong points.

You sound as if Newmans and Humans don't deserve abilities due to their greater prowess with Techniques, but if you look back at previous online installments of Phantasy Star, you'd remember that the power of Techniques wasn't exactly awe inspiring when compared to the damage capacity of a well equipped Hunter or Ranger. They each had their strongpoints and a place in which they shined. In some cases enemies heavily.. and I mean heavily resisted Techniques, in others enemies would perhaps fly or be evasive to melee attacks giving Rangers and Forces a chance to prove their merit. They were all balanced in some way, and denieing Humans and Newmans an ability to set themselves apart from the rest does not sound like an answer.

Because of a Newman's prowess with techniques it would only be natural for them to gain an ability in relation to that. Perhaps they will temporarily gain an increase in power with Techniques or use of Techniques without depleting PP for a short while.

Humans? I really can't say, they are the average class so if anything, they will gain ability that shows how they are truly a jack of all trades but a master of none. Perhaps they will gain a boost in ability that depends on what weapon they are wielding, showing their proficiency in all fields without necessarily rivaling the power of the other races abilities.

Bottomline, saying Newmans and Humans will have no ability because they're better at Techniques sounds like a load of crap.

Blobmiester
Jan 8, 2006, 01:11 AM
I belive this was mentioned in another thread, but ill say it again.

Human's Special ability is that they have NO WEAKNESS. Yes, this is actually an extremly good special if you think about it.

I guess, newman's special could be that they have an overwhelming tech. proficentcy(sp?). And yes this can be good, seeing as how techs evolve in power the more you use them.(and we do not know the limit of this form of growth.)

There you have it, the humans im posivite, the newmans not so much, but still they are both speculation. But I think they are very close to what it might be.

DizzyDi
Jan 8, 2006, 01:22 AM
Someone in another topic that dealt with the races' special abilities. The reason that sonic team is giving Casts and Beasts speacial abilities and (possibly) not Humans and Numans because ST knows that most people are gunna choose Humans and Numans. The special abilities are a way to tempt people into choosing Beast or Casts. IMO I think Humans being the jack-of-all-trades and master-of-none and Numans being very adept at magic is great for balance. Beast and Casts have VERY low mental power which would make it hard for them to be Force-like, and damn-near impossible for them to even try to match Numans at magic-casting. We don't know what kinda techniques ST is adding. For all we know the techniques in this game could be amazing and Beast and Casts having low mental power might turn out to be crippling.

Spellbinder
Jan 8, 2006, 04:02 AM
Special abilities aside, the races are balanced and it doesn't seem right to give such awesome abilities to some but not all.

Beasts while they have low mental strength for technique casting, excel in melee combat to make up for that lacking, and in turn their special ability Nanoblasting exploits their prowess turning them into a feral form with even greater strength.

Casts again having low mental strength for techniques make up for it with their incredible accuracy and prowess with guns. And naturally, their special ability Nanotrancing plays up to that by giving them the SUV leaving their ability to use ranged attacks even further ahead of any other race as if it wasn't to begin with.

I can't speak in the case of Humans, but what about the Newman? They have low physical strength and presumably accuracy for use of guns and make up for it with their mental prowess. You say that it'd be near impossible for Beasts and Casts to match a Newman in Technique usage, and this is probably true. But with a Newman's inferior physical ability as their description suggests, don't you think it will be near impossible for them to match Beasts and Casts in melee or ranged combat? That's where the balance is, and the special abilities should only be extra flavor to make every race appealing, not just Beasts and Casts.

But because they can use techniques more proficiently than Casts or Beasts they dont' deserve a special? Could I not ask the same that because Beasts outclass Newmans in melee ability they deserve no special? Since Casts outclass Newmans with guns should they not get a special? If they really were to deny Newmans a special ability, I'd expect Techniques to be near jawdropping to give Casts and Beasts such amazing powers. More times than not, however, magics and techniques in most games aren't the all powerful awe inspiring things people make them out to be. Comparing a high level Hunter to a high level Force in the previous installments is proof enough that they balanced out without the Hunter turning into some super being with even greater power.

Brus
Jan 8, 2006, 04:22 AM
Despite being fair or not, depending how you see it. At the moment, unless they decide to change it ONLY beasts and Casts have a PB-like special. Humans and Newmans DO NOT. AT ALL. People can imagine as much as they like that newmans will regain PP and humans will have the ability to fly and shoot lasers from their nipples, but it doesnt change the fact that the last we heard from st, ONLY beasts and casts have specials. In an earlier IGN interview I posted ST went as far as to say that, Humans and Newmans DO NOT and WILL NOT have specials.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-08 01:24 ]</font>

2D
Jan 8, 2006, 12:25 PM
Simple.
Humans don't need anything special there all around average? No flaw in there stats point.What kind of special ablity would they have to make sure balance is kept? Stupid two class's haveing ablity..No..For all you know magic can end up being stronger by much.It grows as you use it..Good advtange right there.

OdinTyler
Jan 8, 2006, 12:34 PM
On 2006-01-08 01:22, Brus wrote:
Despite being fair or not, depending how you see it. At the moment, unless they decide to change it ONLY beasts and Casts have a PB-like special. Humans and Newmans DO NOT. AT ALL. People can imagine as much as they like that newmans will regain PP and humans will have the ability to fly and shoot lasers from their nipples, but it doesnt change the fact that the last we heard from st, ONLY beasts and casts have specials. In an earlier IGN interview I posted ST went as far as to say that, Humans and Newmans DO NOT and WILL NOT have specials.

LMAO This post was hilarious (especially humans 'special ability'. I happen to agree with you tho. It would be nice for newmans to have a special ability, but, its not a must. As for humans, Ive already said why they shouldnt have one. Ppl may not view it as fair. However, when you consider basic elements for an RPG, it IS fair.

DizzyDi
Jan 8, 2006, 02:02 PM
On 2006-01-08 01:02, Spellbinder wrote:
Special abilities aside, the races are balanced and it doesn't seem right to give such awesome abilities to some but not all.

Beasts while they have low mental strength for technique casting, excel in melee combat to make up for that lacking, and in turn their special ability Nanoblasting exploits their prowess turning them into a feral form with even greater strength.

Casts again having low mental strength for techniques make up for it with their incredible accuracy and prowess with guns. And naturally, their special ability Nanotrancing plays up to that by giving them the SUV leaving their ability to use ranged attacks even further ahead of any other race as if it wasn't to begin with.

I can't speak in the case of Humans, but what about the Newman? They have low physical strength and presumably accuracy for use of guns and make up for it with their mental prowess. You say that it'd be near impossible for Beasts and Casts to match a Newman in Technique usage, and this is probably true. But with a Newman's inferior physical ability as their description suggests, don't you think it will be near impossible for them to match Beasts and Casts in melee or ranged combat? That's where the balance is, and the special abilities should only be extra flavor to make every race appealing, not just Beasts and Casts.

But because they can use techniques more proficiently than Casts or Beasts they dont' deserve a special? Could I not ask the same that because Beasts outclass Newmans in melee ability they deserve no special? Since Casts outclass Newmans with guns should they not get a special? If they really were to deny Newmans a special ability, I'd expect Techniques to be near jawdropping to give Casts and Beasts such amazing powers. More times than not, however, magics and techniques in most games aren't the all powerful awe inspiring things people make them out to be. Comparing a high level Hunter to a high level Force in the previous installments is proof enough that they balanced out without the Hunter turning into some super being with even greater power.

Alright. Even though Numan's won't be able to match Beasts in melee, I don't think thats much of a valid point. Melee isn't NEARLY as versitile as techniques. All you can do with melee is attackattackattackattackattack 'till the cows come home. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT with magic you can blow stuff up, heal yourself, cure negative effects, revive fallen teammates, warp outside back to town, and probably even more (we don't know yet).

Atayin
Jan 8, 2006, 02:05 PM
On 2006-01-08 01:22, Brus wrote:
People can imagine as much as they like that newmans will regain PP and humans will have the ability to fly and shoot lasers from their nipples, but it doesnt change the fact that the last we heard from st, ONLY beasts and casts have specials.

Yeah, I don't anticipate Humans getting a special ability. But wouldn't it be cool? Feral beasts, huge sattelite transmitted SUVs, Humans floating around with laser-nipples and a group of Newmans counting down and then doing the Rainbow Colored Care-Bear-Stare (of doom).

I'm sure that in the distance, we'd find monsters combining to transform into the limbs and torsos of bigger monsters, followed by a pack of angry Rag-Happies going Super Saiyan 3.

In all seriousness.. my point is that, not everybody needs a super-form. The variety would be awesome, but maybe things would get a little too rediculous...

Kent
Jan 9, 2006, 03:44 AM
I'd take the utility of being somewhat proficient with techniques over having an uber attack/mode once an hour. No doubt, Sonic Team will do their best to keep things balanced, I'm just saying, it's entirely possible for Humans and Newmen to be balanced, while still having no uber move (which is, most likely, how things are going to be).

ajenteks
Jan 9, 2006, 06:29 PM
Humans, it seems can get bored of guns, swords, or techs and switch to the other branches fairly easily and still be somewhat functional. From a gameplay standard, I think it's the best "ability" of all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ajenteks on 2006-01-09 15:29 ]</font>

DeathMachine
Jan 9, 2006, 06:33 PM
I guess...but I like big SUVs and laser nipples http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 9, 2006, 06:36 PM
Bah, youre a cast. You wont get those. HA HA! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DeathMachine
Jan 9, 2006, 11:04 PM
Unless I can mod my SUV into...

OdinTyler
Jan 10, 2006, 01:47 AM
Nope. No good. SUV ports guns only. Just deal with it. No laser nipples for you. Geez why are we still talking about this anyway? LOL

Shadow_Wing
Jan 10, 2006, 02:38 AM
Cause Laser Nipples would be the bomb. Be walking with you friends and suddenly spin out in laser nipple pose to shoot down your enemies with laser nipple power... ok I'll shut up now.

DizzyDi
Jan 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
Combine laser nipples and hover go-go spaceball and you have the best game evar. I hope someone from ST reads these forums and decides to add these, it'd make the delay worth it. /sigh Oh wishful thinking...

Brus
Jan 10, 2006, 06:02 PM
Oh dear lord what have I started. Oh well, I guess I can't help but hope for laser nipples anyway.

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 10:35 AM
Actually, you didnt start it. I read that Atayin started the 'laser nipple' reference. Blame him! Aww man, now I said it again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Ugh, it will never end! LOL

DeathMachine
Jan 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
Brus made mention of..."them," and atayin only perpetuated it. HA! I didn't say it! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Wait...it's in my sig. Krap. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 06:20 PM
To paraphrase the old Lambchop song:

"This is the gag that never ends. It just runs on & on, my friends..."

DamonKatu
Jan 11, 2006, 08:00 PM
Eather you change the subject or the admit will lock it up. WHo feels like disasimbling androids? :evil laughter:

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
Im TRYING to warn them...at least Ive tried to before. Its an unending joke, its old, its past its time. Back to topic please, guys...not that the topic will get resolved for awhile anyway! LOL

Russ2576
Jan 18, 2006, 10:16 AM
I ask you this: If the reason for the Nanoblasts and SUV-Weapons is to get people to use Beasts or Casts, and prevent the populace from being overrun with Humans and Newmans, then where's the incentive to go Human or Newman, keep the population balanced, and keep the populace from being overrun with Beasts and Casts cuz everybody wants the characters with the extra flashy ability?

Case in point: I was on the fence about going Human or Cast before reading everything this site has about PSU, and now I'm swayed to going Cast cuz of the SUV-Weapons. I can still fight the way I like to, Melee-type, with either race, but Cast's extra ability won me over. Now multiply that by a few thousand people, and well...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-01-18 07:22 ]</font>

Kupi
Jan 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
Multiply that by a few thousand people, and you've STILL got buckets and truckloads of people who won't be convinced by an extra special attack to change. I know there are tons of people who just can't empathize with anything but a human avatar. Or have a maniacal hatred of furries. Or whose parents were killed by robots. Or whatever other reason they come up with for staying with a Human or Newman.

If you look at the "What class are you going to play" thread, the majority response was Human, followed by Newman, followed by Cast, followed by Beast (I could be wrong on the order of Beast and Cast). While we didn't know the specifics at the time, we all still knew that the Casts and Beasts would be getting special moves, and Humans and Newmen still came out on top. SUVs and Nanoblasts are a strong incentive for people on the fence, but for people who had already made up their minds, it's not going to change their decision.

DamonKatu
Jan 18, 2006, 12:48 PM
I beleave that one Forces specal abbilites should be a healing teck that fully recovers everyone on the team no matter what happens to them (parilized, posioned, death, ect.) I wouldnt be surprized if they made a specal abbility is an energy wave attack. :rolls eyes:

Yummi
Jan 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
I'd be fine with a TP regen like before or maybe a price cut for the use of techniques for a certain amount of time. Or maybe TP free techs for amount of time.

Alisha
Jan 18, 2006, 01:45 PM
newmans should be able to use real magic instead of wimpy techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kano-Okami
Jan 18, 2006, 04:19 PM
Wha? Techs and magic are the same difference..As for the Regen, its a hard call. I could see the androids regenerating hp but since they've done away with tp and its based on weapons, I can't see a pp regen..unless the weapons hook up to the newman like IVs...although that'd be quite the sight, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dre_o
Jan 18, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-01-18 13:19, Kano-Okami wrote:
Wha? Techs and magic are the same difference..As for the Regen, its a hard call. I could see the androids regenerating hp but since they've done away with tp and its based on weapons, I can't see a pp regen..unless the weapons hook up to the newman like IVs...although that'd be quite the sight, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Quite correct. And lets stop the Magic/ Techs thing here before it gets out of control. With the Techs using a weapon's PP now instead of TP, Newmans are going to have to be given something (no matter how small) in order to balance things out.

Brus
Jan 18, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-01-18 13:19, Kano-Okami wrote:
Wha? Techs and magic are the same difference..

Not in the phantasy star universe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-18 14:34 ]</font>

therealAERO
Jan 18, 2006, 07:52 PM
Please god no super healing thing remember Leilla? The worst PB in PSO. Man what a waste especially if you are a Force. Anyway after a lot of thought I do believe humans and numans don't need a special attack. if they did why would anyone else be anything but Nu/human? Also its not like all the crazy combos and stuff we saw ethan do is going to be taken away from humans. We will have so much power we won't know what to do with it.

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-01-18 16:52, therealAERO wrote:
Please god no super healing thing remember Leilla? The worst PB in PSO. Man what a waste especially if you are a Force. Anyway after a lot of thought I do believe humans and numans don't need a special attack. if they did why would anyone else be anything but Nu/human? Also its not like all the crazy combos and stuff we saw ethan do is going to be taken away from humans. We will have so much power we won't know what to do with it.

FINALLY! To anyone who wonders if humans/newmans need a special ability, please refer to this post! I was beginning to think I was the only one willing to think about stuff like this...

Spellbinder
Jan 19, 2006, 12:09 AM
We can still dream can't we? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Brus
Jan 19, 2006, 12:40 AM
On 2006-01-18 21:09, Spellbinder wrote:
We can still dream can't we? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dreaming isnt allowed! Roar!

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 10:49 AM
On 2006-01-18 21:40, Brus wrote:

On 2006-01-18 21:09, Spellbinder wrote:

Dreaming isnt allowed! Roar!

1. Who said you could dream? No, we cant. LOL J/K.
2. Dreaming is allowed...to a select few. Again, J/K.
3. No, I dont wanna touch the Brus! STOP ASKING! LMAO

Sinue_v2
Jan 19, 2006, 11:10 AM
I wouldnt be surprized if they made a specal abbility is an energy wave attack.

I would -SO- make a Zio character just so I could go around smacking things with my Black Energy Wave.

Wha? Techs and magic are the same difference..

Not according to PS mythology. Magic is energy drawn from the ether of the universe. Techs are a sort of bio-energy you learn to control through meditation and movements. Anyone with proper training can learn techs, but only those with special innate talent can learn magic.

Techs are more like the Force from Star Wars (which is where you get the term "Force" to begin with). Magic is more like, well, Magic and Alchemy in the Merlin-esque sence.

2. Dreaming is allowed...to a select few.

However, you much own a DREAMcast to be considered eligable.

3. No, I dont wanna touch the Brus!

*Uses the FOrce persuasion on Odin*

Touch the Brus... Touch the Brus... you know you want to.

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 11:16 AM
1. Lets not get into the discussion of magic & techs again. That went too far & we'll never agree. So, lets leave it at that.

2. It helps to own a Dreamcast & many ppl did start PS with PSO. However, was it with DC or GC/Xbox?

3. Your Dark Jedi powers dont work on me. Remember, it only works on the 'feeble minded' & I am far from feeble minded. The Brus will stay away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Jan 19, 2006, 11:20 AM
Your Dark Jedi powers dont work on me. Remember, it only works on the 'feeble minded' & I am far from feeble minded.

Well, ok.. if that won't work.

*Uses FOrce push to hoist Odin up in the air and then zaps him repeatedly with Force Lighting*

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 12:26 PM
I counter your force push with my own.

"Your faith in your powers, misplaced they may be."

Sinue_v2
Jan 19, 2006, 12:42 PM
*Calls on the Borg ship to fire a volley of Neurton Torpedos on Odin's position*

Resistance is futile, young Jedi. Embrace the Dark Side, or be Assimilated.

Brus
Jan 19, 2006, 01:41 PM
TOUCH ME! It's the COOL thing to do...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-19 10:44 ]</font>

zandra117
Jan 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
*touches Brus* Odin I touched him for you... with my Megid mwahahaha!!!

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 03:02 PM
*Calls on the Borg ship to fire a volley of Neurton Torpedos on Odin's position*

Resistance is futile, young Jedi. Embrace the Dark Side, or be Assimilated.

1. I dont think that would happen. Neurton torpedoes dont exist. You meant NEUTRON & besides, they use PHOTON torpedoes in Star Trek.
2. Resistance is futile? Ive said it before & Ill say it again: THE BORG CAN KISS MY ASS! LOL Embrace this (holds up a finger, guess which one? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )
3. No, its NOT the coolest thing to do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
4. Thanks, but, dont forget, I wanna hit him with my Megid too. LOL

zandra117
Jan 19, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-01-19 12:02, OdinTyler wrote:

*uses Moon Atomizer on Brus so Odin can hit him with Megid too*

Dre_o
Jan 19, 2006, 05:07 PM
*considers whether or not Megid will even be IN PSU, due to lack of evidence...*

PS: WAY OFF TOPIC!!! WE MUST STOP NOW.

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-01-19 13:46, zandra117 wrote:

On 2006-01-19 12:02, OdinTyler wrote:

*uses Moon Atomizer on Brus so Odin can hit him with Megid too*

Thanks. Glad to know I have some help here. Watch it, Dre. Youre already on the list for a healthy serving of Megid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So as to keep on topic, if the regens arent in the game, it would be weird. However, its something ppl might have to accept. If newmen get TP regen & casts get HP regen, maybe beasts could get some type of regen/boost unique to their racial chemistry. In other words, humans are the only one not to get a regen. I have a human main & Im ok with that. I dont see why anyone else should complain then.

Brus
Jan 19, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-01-19 14:07, Dre_o wrote:
*considers whether or not Megid will even be IN PSU, due to lack of evidence...*

PS: WAY OFF TOPIC!!! WE MUST STOP NOW.

Actually there is some evidence. For the elemental shields that you're able to put on or whatever the choices were fire, ice, lightning, earth, light, dark, and general. I cant remember if there were more, but the presence of a dark shield leans toward the fact that there will be megid.

Dre_o
Jan 19, 2006, 08:21 PM
On 2006-01-19 17:16, Brus wrote:

Actually there is some evidence. For the elemental shields that you're able to put on or whatever the choices were fire, ice, lightning, earth, light, dark, and general. I cant remember if there were more, but the presence of a dark shield leans toward the fact that there will be megid.

Not quite, cause there are many other kinds of dark attacks other than Megid. (Not that I am disagreeing cause I see your point) Cause attacks like Demi or Quarter or any kind of Ultima magic is considered Dark. There are also blinding spells, silencing spells, darkness spells. All of which would also be considered dark.

Then they might just have some huge evil enemy that shoots Dark Energy Bolts. But again, you make a good point. And at that part, I doubt players would be able to use many if not any of the above spells, due to their potency.

EDIT: And by evidence, I kind of meant player used spells but all is cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
EDIT 2: CRAP! I'm going off topic myself!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-19 17:23 ]</font>

DeathMachine
Jan 19, 2006, 11:05 PM
Ultima: White magic
Demi, Quarter, silence, etc.:Time magic
Megid is the darkness (cheap) and Grants is light(kick ass/expensive)

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 11:16 PM
Ugh, stop with the FF references. No FF magic in PS & vice versa. As disturbing as it was to see an evil being like DarkFalz use a light attack like Grantz, the dark mentioned may or may not be Megid. Remember, in the past Megid was once Megido & was used by the forces of good. Tho a destructive ability, it was used in a good way. Also, in PSIII, Grants was a teleportational ability. Why it changed I have no idea.
It seems that like weapons, we can add elemental abilities to our armor/shields to protect us from various attacks (like in PSO). If we can add dark to protect us from dark attacks, it could mean against creatures of the dark or some new dark attack or our old favorite, Megid. I wouldnt be quick to rule it out. Personally, Id love to see some old abilities from PSII or maybe even III or IV make a comeback. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DeathMachine
Jan 19, 2006, 11:18 PM
I knew that they wouldn't be put in this game, but I had to explain to the n00b...

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 11:20 PM
Uh oh, dont call him that. Otherwise he might forget his imaginary Battle Mode vendetta against me & go for you, DM. LMAO

DeathMachine
Jan 19, 2006, 11:22 PM
Ooooh...I'm afraid of the meatbag! :extreme sarcasm:

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 11:24 PM
LMAO Let's get it on! Ooooh, can I be the ref? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Ranger VS Ranger. This should be interesting!

Dre_o
Jan 19, 2006, 11:59 PM
OK, I don't want to have to intervine but here is what I meant

1) DM, get your freaking head out of FF. I meant those abilities as what they would most likely be in Phantasy Star.

2) Odin speaks the truth. Destroying you would bring me little joy but I will do it, unless I get to tear your android apart from all 32 of your weaknesses. (For the egoatistical people out there, that means that androids aren't invincible, but off the already off topic, topic.)

3) Odin? I don't use Rangers? Or is that what you meant?

4) Pardon me for making FF references, but I couldn't think of any other names for things like that to be. Draining health and blinding targets are somethings BESIDES Megid that could be dark.

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
1) LOL Not gonna comment about FF here.

2) I didnt say I sided with you, Dre. I know better than 2 get between 2 guildies preparing for Battle Mode. Im much smarter than that. If you 2 are gonna go VS, thats between you. LOL

3) I thought you were planning a Ranger. Your talk of sniping & such led me to that.

4. You know that PS techs are known for being elemental. Mentioning Blind & stuff I doubt will ever see the light of day in a PS game. Its just not the same play engine.

Dre_o
Jan 20, 2006, 08:44 AM
On 2006-01-19 21:29, OdinTyler wrote:
3) I thought you were planning a Ranger. Your talk of sniping & such led me to that.

4. You know that PS techs are known for being elemental. Mentioning Blind & stuff I doubt will ever see the light of day in a PS game. Its just not the same play engine.

3) Nope. I just like sniping but I like melee just as well. And besides, I have never been much of a Ranger on PSO. It just doesn't suit my character.

4)Yes, the techs have been know to be elemental, But; what about the Lily's poison attack and disabling attack? Those really aren't elemental. And those abilities were the most annoying to have to deal with (at least for me, it took up my time). So, if ST knows what it is doing, it will add more of those kinds of attack, in order to make the game more challenging.

Cause just admit it, what would get your heart pumping more than facing many monsters, and one of them cast something like Darkness on you? Your map disappears and your vision becomes limited! That would make things much more intense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-20 05:45 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2006, 09:58 AM
On 2006-01-20 05:44, Dre_o wrote:
Cause just admit it, what would get your heart pumping more than facing many monsters, and one of them cast something like Darkness on you? Your map disappears and your vision becomes limited! That would make things much more intense.

Like you told DM, Im gonna tell you:

"Get your head out of FF!"

LOL Theres not gonna be any blind spells in PS. I KNOW thats what youre talking about.

DeathMachine
Jan 20, 2006, 11:50 AM
Get MY head out of FF? You are the one who BROUGHT IT UP IN THE FIRST PLACE! I only corrected the catagory you put the FF spells under. I am not a fanboy who would bring stuff like that up in the first place. YOU went off topic. Darkness in PSU will probably be the same as PSO, where you only have to flick the light switch to remedy the problem. Not a status ailment. So don't try to put it in the same catagory as megid. Silence, maybe, but not dark. Only another non-elemental status ailment. The only elemental ailments were/are freeze and shock. So pull your head out of where you have it before acting pissy at me...Jerk.

Genoa
Jan 21, 2006, 07:19 PM
Now now... come on. =/
We all know they're going to have Ultima for newman special >_> Geez, you buncha n00bs >_>
Hah... jp

But I was thinking something like... INVUL but it's for TP!... yeah >_> In other words limited free-cast that lasts as long as Invul.

Hopefully they will have one. But it's nothing to argue about since it's not even proven there will be or not.