PDA

View Full Version : PSU for the last Quarter of 2006 in US

Lord_DS
Jan 9, 2006, 07:15 AM
Sega have just announced a couple of dates for its games in USA, and there is PSU:
Phantasy Star Universe: last 2006 quarter

The Rub Rabbits !: 7 february
Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll and Sonic Riders: 21 february
Full Auto: february
Chromehounds : spring

Yup, very sad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-09 06:12 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 9, 2006, 07:39 AM
Can you cite a source for your news?

Lord_DS
Jan 9, 2006, 07:46 AM
A serious video games' french site

here is the link:
http://www.gamekult.com/tout/actus/articles/A0000045743.html

We will surely find this news on a lot of others sites in the day http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-09 04:57 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 9, 2006, 08:08 AM
I was just wondering since the sega.com page's date seems not to have changed. Of course, "Winter 2006" would correspond with the date that the French site published. Still, I am wondering if all they did was to look at the release date on the site and interpret that to mean the end of this year...

If you see any other places posting this news, could you post links in this thread so we can make sure there wasn't an interpretation mistake? I just like to have multiple sources before posting date information on the front page.

Olskooldatru
Jan 9, 2006, 08:34 AM
Ok I dont see where it is talkin about the release date on the site so u mean we will not have it until Last Quarter 2006, like in Nov. Oct. or/and Dec.?

Dre_o
Jan 9, 2006, 08:39 AM
On 2006-01-09 05:34, Olskooldatru wrote:
Ok I dont see where it is talkin about the release date on the site so u mean we will not have it until Last Quarter 2006, like in Nov. Oct. or/and Dec.?

No, what Ryna means is that the site might (and in my opinion, has) mis-interpreted the date that ST set of "Winter 06" as last quarter winter, not January and February.

EDIT: Cause technically, January and February are winter months.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-09 05:40 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 9, 2006, 08:45 AM
On 2006-01-09 05:34, Olskooldatru wrote:

For those that cannot read French, use this link (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamekult.com%2Ftout%2 Factus%2Farticles%2FA0000045743.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools).

According to it, PSU will not be released until Quarter 4 of 2006.

Lord_DS
Jan 9, 2006, 08:48 AM
Still, I am wondering if all they did was to look at the release date on the site and interpret that to mean the end of this year... They already talked about psu and announced it for winter 2006 (as january - february - march) a long time ago. Today they got the info from sega or another good source, thats for sure.

But yes, its better to wait for others sites that report the news.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-09 05:50 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 9, 2006, 09:21 AM
On 2006-01-09 05:48, Lord_DS wrote:
But yes, its better to wait for others sites that report the news.

I am not trying to discredit your source. In fact, the dates for all the other games match up with what is posted on sega.com. I am just being cautious since the PSU US release date has always been ambigious. We've seen dates ranging from early to late 2006. I just want to make sure the announcement is correct for PSU. If the sega.com webpage said "Q4", that would help out a lot.

While searching for PSU news, I came across this:
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060109005337&newsLang=en

Sega is installing some new core routers in their gaming center for games like PSU.

Olskooldatru
Jan 9, 2006, 10:25 AM
Ok I see where they are coming from. Now for the waiting we are doing I say we shouldnt have to pay at all are get some free months of online play, but the wait is good if you have some cool rares and they bring the Lavis Cannon back for me ^_^

OdinTyler
Jan 9, 2006, 11:14 AM
I had a feeling this topic might come up one day. Ive seen 'Winter 2006' before. To me, that means January or February. True, December 2006 would be Winter, but, when seasons/quarters are considered for anything: games or otherwise, its usually the earlier months. Until its confirmed, I wont say it will be THAT late. Besides, why should it come out in one country in March, another in December, & God knows when elsewhere? Doesnt make any sense.

Olskooldatru
Jan 9, 2006, 11:27 AM
I agree wit Odin on that because it would be stupid if it went like that.

Para
Jan 9, 2006, 12:05 PM
I must say that it is probably retarded to release a PS2 game when PS3 and Nintendo Revolution are on the verge of a debut.

2D
Jan 9, 2006, 01:30 PM
On 2006-01-09 09:05, Nites wrote:
I must say that it is probably retarded to release a PS2 game when PS3 and Nintendo Revolution are on the verge of a debut.

Naw.They will stick make loads of money...

Most of of the time when a game is released in japan it is the max of 3 months until it comes here.Not always but most of the time.And as here i mean US.

PhishManiac
Jan 9, 2006, 02:35 PM
God forbid you wait a little longer to play PSU.

Kano-Okami
Jan 9, 2006, 03:07 PM

Not quite. The ps2 has the largest user base of all the current consoles and new Next-Gen consoles wouldn't have nearly the same number of players for quite some time. Besides, the PS3 hasn't shown a playable demoand the Revolution has yet to show a game period...but this is another topic in itself.

OdinTyler
Jan 9, 2006, 03:23 PM
Agreed. We dont need to revisit the topic of: What about the next gen systems? Its been slated for PS2 & PC. If ppl cant accept that, that is their choice. Besides, if the PS3 does come out (& yes, thats an if because theres no official word), PSU will still be playable on that system as the PS3 is backwards compatible. As for the Rev, its further behind than Sony is. PSU is where it is & as the topic states, we should focus on the 'When?' for the current consoles.

ajenteks
Jan 9, 2006, 05:23 PM
It's a PSO game, and more PS than any of the other PSO titles have been. PSU will still make money, despite not being on the "coolest consoles."

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm going for the release date for the US version to be May 6.

Kimil
Jan 9, 2006, 07:27 PM
Okay, this is my theory:

K, when they originally said Winter 2006, that was before they set back the Japanese Realese from febuary 16th (winter) to march 30th (where I live, its still winter... -.-) right? Maybe the North American date was with the japanese one, but like a moth afterwards in march (that could explain the 4 week period where the japanese players would have to pay more money, because that would be four weeks before they'd be getting income from North America, meaning they could have been planning to release it after a 'trial' in Japan) So if the game was going to be released in March, and now they delayed the Japanese game for changes (probably network stuff, antihacker stuff) That could mean that the North American Date is being delayed with the japanese, or the translations won't be effected at all, and the date is still set for when ever it was (hopefully May 30th...

And on the Winter subject, where I live, October to May is winter... So the release date in my eyes could be in anyone of those months... >.<

Lord_DS
Jan 9, 2006, 08:39 PM
another french source :
http://www.jeux-france.com/news13922_sega-devoile-son-planning-2006.html

Title : Sega puts on line its American Northern planning for the year 2006.

Phantasy Star Universe (PS2) [Winter 2006]

And everybody know that winter 2006 now means last quarter of 2006 for a US release :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-09 18:00 ]</font>

Niki
Jan 9, 2006, 09:03 PM
i guess this means i will be importing after all. Which means rebuying all the japanese textbooks i just returned.

i'm such a fool for you, ST.

ajenteks
Jan 9, 2006, 09:07 PM
Why would anyone trust French websites to interpret NA releases dates of Japanese game companies correctly? Maybe if these sites had a track-record of breaking news on PSU/ST games it could hold some merit in my mind, but this is seemingly coming out of left field in a region that hasn't to my knowledge demonstrated having any sources that can and will get it exclusive information.

Espilonarge
Jan 9, 2006, 09:17 PM
Unless otherwise stated, I still won't believe ANYTHING the media says unless its from an offical source such as Sega and Sonic Team themselves, all other claims are nothing but rumors.

Ryna
Jan 9, 2006, 09:33 PM
Actually, Jeux-France has posted a number of PSU stories. They often have the latest Famitsu scans before anyone else does.

Parn
Jan 9, 2006, 09:59 PM
Well, for the record, they're run by people just like you and me. After all, I used to work at RPGFan. They're just as prone to misintepret information like anyone else.

A good example is Gamespot posting an April Fools news story from The GIA several years ago as official news. That was pretty amusing.

Olskooldatru
Jan 9, 2006, 10:47 PM
Ok but I speak for everyone we want the offical release date for the US

Shadow_Wing
Jan 10, 2006, 12:53 AM
Yes official date pwease ;_;

Anyways Jeux-France isn't making PSU, unless we were all ilinformed >_>;;, so unless I get something more substantial than a site saying a general quarter (which is just as good as the none updating US site for PSU >_<) I'm not saying this is the actual date it will be realesed. Keep hoping guys http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifb.

Alisha
Jan 10, 2006, 11:38 AM

pso ver1 shipped the day sega announced they were bowing out of the hardware buisiness http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

if quater 4 2006 is true i will slit my wrists -_-

DeathMachine
Jan 10, 2006, 11:45 AM
No need to kill yourself. As my friend says to me,"Homocide before suicide, and if homocide don't work, there's always panocide!" BTW, panocide is killing everyone, not just a specific group, like genocide.

Olskooldatru
Jan 10, 2006, 01:35 PM
Okay I might be kinda late but from what im seeing is that PSU will be out on May 2006 and JP version still March 30

Ryna
Jan 10, 2006, 02:29 PM
On 2006-01-10 10:35, Olskooldatru wrote:
Okay I might be kinda late but from what im seeing is that PSU will be out on May 2006 and JP version still March 30

The only release date we know about is the JP launch. It is set for March 30. Nothing concrete has been announced for the US launch yet. The US webpage is saying Winter 2006 (which is open to interpretation). Two serious French gaming sites have announced it as coming out in Quarter 4. Several online game stores have PSU set to come out in May. As such, it is hard to know who to believe when it comes to the US launch.

I'll start looking around to see if there are any methods for getting an official response from Sega of America.

DizzyDi
Jan 10, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-01-09 21:53, Shadow_Wing wrote:
Yes official date pwease ;_;

Anyways Jeux-France isn't making PSU, unless we were all ilinformed >_>;;, so unless I get something more substantial than a site saying a general quarter (which is just as good as the none updating US site for PSU >_<) I'm not saying this is the actual date it will be realesed. Keep hoping guys http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifb.

BTW whats up with that US site? Does Sega not care for its american PS fans? Are they purporsely doing this to us? The torture, the anticipation, its killin me.

littleman2347
Jan 10, 2006, 04:37 PM
Thats the thing we cant wait how long has everyone been waiting for PSU and it's so close i can al ready feel me personal life sliping away. i allready have playing time on how long im gonna play then break then play agin. YES mabey im a little crazy about it. sooo dont make fun of me ........... jkjk

OdinTyler
Jan 10, 2006, 06:04 PM
Why is it almost no one is willing to believe the OBVIOUS source? That being ST. If ST hasnt announced an official date, why would other sources be trusted? The Mar30 date was released by Sega so we know thats credible. But going on May, July, December & onward...cmon, ppl. Dont believe everything you read. If the bigwigs dont confirm it, why should you? I know we're all anxious about the game, but, as confused as we already are, we shouldnt go around telling ppl dates left & right. Thats only making matters worse & it becomes a serious waste of time & energy.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 10, 2006, 06:57 PM
BTW whats up with that US site? Does Sega not care for its american PS fans? Are they purporsely doing this to us? The torture, the anticipation, its killin me.

I think they're just not showing any specific date till they have a more concrete belief on their US release date, that could be why it hasn't been updated yet. They still got a lot of work ahead of themselves, and its still unknown if the Japan release will be set back again. I'm pretty sure FF:AC was like this, that the US date wasn't set in stone till after the Japan release

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-01-10 15:58 ]</font>

Alisha
Jan 11, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-01-10 15:04, OdinTyler wrote:
Why is it almost no one is willing to believe the OBVIOUS source? That being ST. If ST hasnt announced an official date, why would other sources be trusted? The Mar30 date was released by Sega so we know thats credible. But going on May, July, December & onward...cmon, ppl. Dont believe everything you read. If the bigwigs dont confirm it, why should you? I know we're all anxious about the game, but, as confused as we already are, we shouldnt go around telling ppl dates left & right. Thats only making matters worse & it becomes a serious waste of time & energy.

um were you around for the hell that was pso ver2?

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 10:19 AM
Yes, Alisha I was. LOL I started on V1. I remember Hell on V1 & V2. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif However, I also remember good times too. I just would hope the good will now outweigh the bad. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif