PDA

View Full Version : Should PSU have more bosses then what they shown?

Olskooldatru
Jan 10, 2006, 01:19 PM
I think PSU should be loaded wit bosses on planets like 3 or 4 pre planet and to have the server load new bosses every week.

Dhylec
Jan 10, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well, I think it's obvious that the game will have more than 4 bosses. ST can't spoil eager players with too many bosses before the anticipation/fun is gone. ;]

Ryna
Jan 10, 2006, 02:24 PM
Several sources have stated there will be around 20 bosses in the game.

It is unlikely we will see many new bosses added to the game after it is released. This is due to the fact that Sonic Team plans to store updates on the PS2's memory card. The size of the PS2 memory card precludes any major game additions. Afterall it is likely that a new boss would take take up quite a bit of space.

lostinseganet
Jan 10, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-01-10 11:24, Ryna wrote:

It is unlikely we will see many new bosses added to the game after it is released. This is due to the fact that Sonic Team plans to store updates on the PS2's memory card. The size of the PS2 memory card precludes any major game additions. Afterall it is likely that a new boss would take take up quite a bit of space.

Unless they are using this time to put in secret rare bosses we will not see for a year or so.

SirAri
Jan 10, 2006, 03:23 PM
Also, as with any rpg, there has to be one ULTIIMATE final boss of DOOM!

They havent shown a boss of collossal size yet, so its save to assume that there will be at least one more than the ones they've shown.

Ryna
Jan 10, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-01-10 12:23, lostinseganet wrote:
Unless they are using this time to put in secret rare bosses we will not see for a year or so.

I figure there will be a couple of hidden bosses that will be unlocked via online quests, sort of like the Tower quests on PSO. If there are any hidden bosses, we'll probably find out after people start looking at the data files.

DizzyDi
Jan 10, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-01-10 11:24, Ryna wrote:

This sorta brings up a question. If they plan on storing updates on the PS2s memory, and as you say it the memory card isn't that big to begin, does that mean we shouldn't have our hopes up for any big updates? Or...Do we have to wait for them to put enough updates together into one big disk and call it an expansion pack? Damn, the game isn't even out in japan yet and I'm already thinkin about updates and expasions. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
Jan 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
On 2006-01-10 13:05, DizzyDi wrote:
This sorta brings up a question. If they plan on storing updates on the PS2s memory, and as you say it the memory card isn't that big to begin, does that mean we shouldn't have our hopes up for any big updates? Or...Do we have to wait for them to put enough updates together into one big disk and call it an expansion pack? Damn, the game isn't even out in japan yet and I'm already thinkin about updates and expasions. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Most people speculate that the quest system's mechanics will be very similar to the way PSO's works.

For PSO, all of the monsters, items, bosses, and textures are stored on the disc. When you go to load a quest, you are actually just loading a script. The script contains the level layouts, monsters spawns, and quest triggers. The game interprets the script and assembles the quest using the files on disc. You can think of it being like a Lego set. The files on the disc are the Legos. The game is provided with instructions (the script) on how to put them together. By changing the instructions, you can put together a wise assortment of quests.

If the game sells well enough, there is a chance that an expansion could be released. That would increase the number of Legos that Sonic Team could use to build quests and events.

littleman2347
Jan 10, 2006, 04:29 PM
Hey the sega site sayes ther will be 15 major bosses and 20 enormous dungeons not 20 bosses, but im not saying that there isnt a chance for there to more little mini bosses.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 10, 2006, 07:06 PM
Well in all technicality, with the ever increasing amount of people moving to broadband (whats dial-up O,o) and faster connections they can easily place certain scrips that can intiate models, and the such on the server side, this of course is rather strenious to the server however with the new upgrade to a 10gigabit line it might be possible. (however if the PS2 capable to do such things is a bit iffy)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-01-10 16:07 ]</font>

DamonKatu
Jan 10, 2006, 11:00 PM
And remember, the flow race isnt truely eliminated. I beleave that Flow is still hiding, ploting a new way to take over the universe...AGEAN!! Man, he's getting too old for this *beep*...

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 10:24 AM
Flow race? There is no Flow race. Heathcliff Flowen was a person who was overcame by a DarkFalz. Merged with that & the Olga AI, he became OlgaFlow. If you mean Darkfalz isnt out for the count, thats correct. A DarkFalz is in every PS game & you know sooner or later, we'll be dealing with one. I cant wait to see how he looks in PSU. I didnt care much for the 1st form in EpI, but, in II, OlgaFlow was pretty badass. Maybe in going retro, going through 3 planets, we'll get a Darkfalz that more resembles the older ones? He needs to be REAL big tho.

lostinseganet
Jan 11, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-01-10 12:28, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-01-10 12:23, lostinseganet wrote:

I figure there will be a couple of hidden bosses that will be unlocked via online quests, sort of like the Tower quests on PSO. If there are any hidden bosses, we'll probably find out after people start looking at the data files.

God freaking hackers, and what not. Game makers can not give us any surprises anymore...

DamonKatu
Jan 11, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-01-11 07:24, OdinTyler wrote:
Flow race? There is no Flow race. Heathcliff Flowen was a person who was overcame by a DarkFalz. Merged with that & the Olga AI, he became OlgaFlow. If you mean Darkfalz isnt out for the count, thats correct. A DarkFalz is in every PS game & you know sooner or later, we'll be dealing with one. I cant wait to see how he looks in PSU. I didnt care much for the 1st form in EpI, but, in II, OlgaFlow was pretty badass. Maybe in going retro, going through 3 planets, we'll get a Darkfalz that more resembles the older ones? He needs to be REAL big tho.

DOF! well, you know who I mean. Yea, some retro bosses would be sweet. One that small must have a big surprize. Like, for instance, if Flaz infects an android, you might not think he's though untill he blasts you into space with one punch.

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 05:59 PM
You know youre not the only one who calls him Flaz, right? A friend of mine & I do too. I just told him someone else says it. LOL He claims he started it. I wont correct him...I cant exactly remember who did, but, between him & I, I know he started it. For the record among others, I cant say.

therealAERO
Jan 13, 2006, 08:30 AM
15 bosses and 20 stages is way way more than PSO. Atleast I'm pretty sure it does.

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2006, 10:27 AM
Oh it is. If you add up whats in Episodes I&II, PSU beats it. Idk about III as I havent played it. Still tho, you have to think about 2 things:

1. Does the boss count include midbosses as well? If not, thats more.

2. Does the dungeon count include various open running fields as well? If not, thats more.

therealAERO
Jan 13, 2006, 11:34 AM
no it doesn't include sub bosses. We are talking real bosses and full stages. I knew someone would say that. I was trying to count them in PSO but I just totally forgot all of them. Haven't played it in along while.

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2006, 11:58 AM
OK, well, Ive been wondering that since I played PSU. I fought a real boss (dragon, called De Ragan in the demo) & a midboss (a guy who'd kick the crap out of ANY Delsaber). As for the fields, open fields I doubt would count as dungeons. From what I saw, a pretty decent size. If they dont count as dungeons (a good thing), then this game is even bigger than we know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif