PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new info

Lord_DS
Jan 11, 2006, 02:14 PM
I found this link by searching some new info about PSU:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/takaomiyoshi_pso/archives/50508438.html

It seems to be another blog of takao miyoshi (i mean another with the one on sega link).

And in the first article he seems to talk about a sort of auction house, a online private store.

Here is the link translated by google:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.livedoor.jp%2Ftakaom iyoshi_pso%2Farchives%2F50508438.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-11 11:21 ]</font>

SirAri
Jan 11, 2006, 02:32 PM
I remember people hoping something like this would happen. So now we have a confirmation of it.

Auctioning off items is a good idea, I just hope the prices don't reach phenominal heights, and only hackers will be able to buy them.

Ryna
Jan 11, 2006, 02:50 PM
That is a nice find Lord_DS. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time making out what the Google-ized English is trying try to say.

Sir Ari, where did you read about auctions on this blog?

Tomeeboy
Jan 11, 2006, 03:16 PM
Sounds more like the personal shop feature in FFXI than an auction house, with a bit of a twist. From the translated text, it sounds like you will be able to list items for sale, with a description, in some kind of database that can be viewed by other players and searched through. I didn't see anything about how the actual exchange of goods/money would take place, but it's hopefully an automated process that doesn't require you to sit around wasting your time. I'm also wondering what types of items will be eligible for listing in this online shop (ex: everything? or only player-created items?).

SirAri
Jan 11, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-01-11 11:50, Ryna wrote:
That is a nice find Lord_DS. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time making out what the Google-ized English is trying try to say.

Sir Ari, where did you read about auctions on this blog?

He said something about a search function, and I just assumed that he was talking about something e-bayish.

I guess that was a mistake on my part.

My apologies.

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2006, 05:55 PM
Well, lets just hope that the auction system doesnt go crazy. I remember how it is on EQOA so I know whats good & not good about it. If there can be standard set prices, not dictated by players, it can be fair. Someone mentioned Ebay-like & that might not be a bad idea. The player sets the price & then, others bid on it. Highest bid wins. That way it wont get out of hand.

Lord_DS
Jan 12, 2006, 07:23 AM
Gamefront reported the news (from the last issue of famitsu) today. The players will indeed be able to open their own store and sell what they want. And there will be a search function for other players to find what they want!

http://www.gamefront.de/

SirAri
Jan 12, 2006, 07:52 AM
On 2006-01-12 04:23, Lord_DS wrote:
Gamefront reported the news (from the last issue of famitsu) today. The players will indeed be able to open their own store and sell what they want. And there will be a search function for other players to find what they want!

http://www.gamefront.de/

But its in german! T_T

Lord_DS
Jan 12, 2006, 08:08 AM
Huh, yes. Sorry i don't choose the sources..

I hope we will get the scans soon and more info about this system. Is this automated or will we have to sit around and wait for other players to buy our items? It would be nice if someone could translate the article on the blog to be sure on this o_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-12 05:11 ]</font>

Blobmiester
Jan 12, 2006, 06:50 PM
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.livedoor.jp%2Ftakaom iyoshi_pso%2Farchives%2F50508438.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Here is google's translation, however crapy it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dre_o
Jan 12, 2006, 07:00 PM
Hmm, sounds a little like what I saw on Conquest during the little time I played it..

therealAERO
Jan 13, 2006, 08:27 AM
jesus this game has everything. Might as well forget my real life PSU has everything I need. Cept for food and what not

SirAri
Jan 13, 2006, 08:44 AM
On 2006-01-13 05:27, therealAERO wrote:
jesus this game has everything. Might as well forget my real life PSU has everything I need. Cept for food and what not

Actually, research is being done so that you can order a pizza via online games such as this without leaving your console.

(I'm not specifically refering to PSU, but all online rpgs in general.)

Lets all get fatter! XD

therealAERO
Jan 13, 2006, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah thats right. But how hard is it to use a phone? But still this is all starting to um go against everything in the real world. Its going to turn into the matrix where we will no longer want to be in the outside world.

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2006, 10:25 AM
Yes, but in 'blue pill land', all the food tastes better. You go from steak to slop. WOW! Sign me up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seriously tho, if we were living in a Matrix, Id rather be in the real world myself. Still tho, you see that those that live in the real world STILL go in the Matrix. You cant avoid it! LOL

therealAERO
Jan 13, 2006, 11:36 AM
I'd rather be oblivious and live in the matrix. Maybe we are in the matrix right now? Ooooohh

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2006, 12:02 PM
Look at how our govt. is & tell me we're NOT in The Matrix...something to think about...hmmm...

Shadow_Wing
Jan 14, 2006, 03:43 AM
Ah the infamous /pizza of EQ. Type the command and a menu pops up and the nearest pizza hut will deliver.

Anywho, what is the matrix really? It really is just another reality in the end, and what is reality you ask? Well it what we conceive and believe in, so all for we care we could be living in a matrix designed by some group of people in another dimesion or something @_@;; (reminds me of... SO3 lol)

Ryna
Jan 16, 2006, 09:47 AM
EspioKaos has translated the blog entry. You can find the translation here:
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1454&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Lord_DS
Jan 16, 2006, 11:49 AM
From the translation it seems there is no doubt now that the personal rooms are only situated in the Guardians Colony!

From there, you're able to buy and sell items that you've created yourselfDoes it mean we would only be able to buy or sell created items? o_O'

Ryna
Jan 16, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-01-16 08:49, Lord_DS wrote:

From there, you're able to buy and sell items that you've created yourselfDoes it mean we would only be able to buy or sell created items? o_O'

I figure you'll be able to sell "regular items" like healing agents. However, there probably wouldn't be much interest in buying them using this system.

Based on the blog entry, it sounds like this player-shop feature may not make it into the game. It is fairly late in the process to be testing out something like this.

therealAERO
Jan 16, 2006, 01:39 PM
I hope it does make it in. This game is starting to sound like .hacks "The world" and even .hack games haven't gotten it right. But the world would be an ideal online place...sigh I can't wait till PSU.

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-01-16 10:39, therealAERO wrote:
I hope it does make it in. This game is starting to sound like .hacks "The world" and even .hack games haven't gotten it right. But the world would be an ideal online place...sigh I can't wait till PSU.

The .hack games fucked up big time when they decided to make the game series an offline ordeal.

Making it online would have done nothing but good for its creators.

Kano-Okami
Jan 16, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-01-16 13:46, SirAri wrote:

The .hack games fucked up big time when they decided to make the game series an offline ordeal.

Making it online would have done nothing but good for its creators.

I believe .Hack did made an offline game based on an online game to have a certain degree of controlled chaos, and try something different.

As for the series, I've heard rumors about them developing an actual Online version of the game.

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 06:20 PM
That would redeem them in my eyes, if they did it right.

therealAERO
Jan 17, 2006, 01:14 AM
yep its called ".hack//fragment" and its out in japan right now. It has online play like something you would see on the DS. You connect with other people, and than go partying. No lobbies. Which blows!!

Blackwaltz-R
Jan 17, 2006, 02:04 PM
.hack//fragment basiclly has players set up their own zones on there PC for up to 3 players to connect but to my understanding the game will not be released in the US.

Anyways we can only hope that Items aren't too easily gained like in PSO where you can get money and wepaons(which is also money since your likely to sell most of what you find) from enemies and boxes which dwarves there value, I find turds more valuable.

Lastnight I came to the conclusion that economy makes an online adventure game. If a fleshed out value system isn't established then the value of the game itself isn't worth very much. A game where you can make deals and do business with other players is more important that merely being able to hack and slash for with them for hours.

Back in the day that was the best thing ever for console gamers but now we REQUIRE more diverse means of interacting with other players otherwise PSU will only be yet another display of how formulaic and methodical JP are for polishing up more of the same with some new yet minor elements that will more than likely lose there dazzle after a month or 2.

We can only hope there is a somewhat persistant economy set for this game even tho such things aren't noob-friendly since there'd have to be some tedium for gaining materials to create items and for earning money. Rewards from questing should be the primary form of gaining any money that way they aren't relavively redundant like in PSO Unless you wanted Soul Eater, Akikos frying Pan, enemy weapons(the MAIN reason to do offline quests IF you can't get online) or if you are interested in the story or just can't get online lol

The Weapon shop on PSO is pretty redundant as well since even if you did by a good weapn from the start of that save, you'll eventually find something WAY better in a few runs lol Tho I did find ONE purpose for that shop and that was for a thunder rifles or sniper that I used for the rest of normal mode. My regular attacks tid like 15-20 damage in the caves but when I used the thunder attack it was a gauranteed 60 damage, of course I destroyed mines and I think I wrecked ruins and falz also. You don't get ???? for a while in normal mode and youd be lucky to get thunder. That was one of the only redeeming thing about the Weapons shop and only in normal mode.

the need to lower or just out-right removes item drops from enemies so that our money has more value and make it so some of the rare stuff either need ALOT of money or require doing some convoluted and/or very hard tasks for earning these items or materials. Alot of NOT-so-rare stuff in PSO tended to be just as strong and or stronger than some of the rares, especially on eps1&2 where alot of weapons were gimped like Soul Eater.

Beserk Gungnir is now STRONGER than Soul Eater since they lowered the max grind for Soul Eater from 35 to 9 making it NOT worth the HP drain despite the fact that it's a scythe, automatically making it a tight weapon. Weapons like beserk gungnir don't, or rather didn't have as much value as more rare weapons(atleast back on v1 and v2 before rares became worth 1 meseta on eps1&2) simply because you can eventually get, with some nice percents even.

hopefully they will take better care of the value of items and itd be even better if players had more control of there worth and are able to define there worth if they aren't scammers lol

Kano-Okami
Jan 17, 2006, 03:01 PM
I agree ,Blackwaltz, on the weapons shop was pretty much arbitrary, seeing as they usually sold you weapons below your curtain skill level or ..just plain sucked.
But you hit the nail on the head about how money needs to hold a relavent value. At Higher levels on pso, earning money became redundant seeing as selling armors and other junk got a rather large payback and lack of crucial gave no real urge to spend, except on the basic healing items.
PSU needs to make the shops more enticing and money tighter or selling armory less rewarding..because I could become a millionare in 1 sitting through VH or ULT Ruins on pso..and have nothing to spend it on.

F-o-x
Jan 17, 2006, 03:11 PM
The only thing I think of when I think of a gaming economy is FFXI. I, for one, do not feel like spending hours upon hours gaining money when I log on. I would much rather the economy be exactly like it was in PSO, where money was pretty much worthless.

I agree about the weapon shop though. it was pretty much a waste of space. If you found a weapon there that was useful in normal mode you were pretty lucky.

OdinTyler
Jan 17, 2006, 08:32 PM
Well guys, youre forgetting about something. If youre worried about the value of meseta, heres something to recall. We will be able to feed our PMs & they create items for us. This crafting of sorts may cost money as you need cash to buy said items. Then, when the items are made for us, we can post them up in our shops & make money that way. This constant buying & selling...crafting if you will...is going to take money. Also consider those ppl that want to try various class types. Trying the different weps will mean financial investment to really see what its like. Given what we've seen Im sure meseta will now be something more than a lil yellow box to collect when youre bored.

Brus
Jan 17, 2006, 09:44 PM
On 2006-01-17 12:11, F-o-x wrote:
The only thing I think of when I think of a gaming economy is FFXI. I, for one, do not feel like spending hours upon hours gaining money when I log on. I would much rather the economy be exactly like it was in PSO, where money was pretty much worthless.

I agree about the weapon shop though. it was pretty much a waste of space. If you found a weapon there that was useful in normal mode you were pretty lucky.

I agree. As I've said a million times before, if I wanted to spend 8 hours a day making money through retarded means I'd just get another job. If I had a choice between PSO's economy and FFXI's economy I'd choose PSO's in a heartbeat then crap on FFXI's. Sure people can make the argument that "at least FFXI has an economy" but in my honest opinion that economy makes the game boring and tedius as all hell. I play games to have fun, and fun I think is nonexistant when a game relies too much on a "realistic" economy. Specially considering the fact that gold farmers and botters jack prices up in the auction house to impossible numbers for people who play normally. I'd sacrifice realism for fun any day of the week (which is why I play so many games in the first place).

DeathMachine
Jan 17, 2006, 10:35 PM
Which is why many lose themselfs in games (including myself). If I wanted realism in my games, I would go outside and live life instead of paying $60 to do it inside. I like things that could never happen (i.e.: PSO;Katamari;etc.). If I wanted to make money the hard way, I'd get a job after school. If I want to have fun, I'll play a game.

Yummi
Jan 17, 2006, 10:48 PM
In my opinion any 100% player controlled/manipulated economy equals failure because the rich will always get richer and the poor will always get poorer.

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 08:13 AM
Agreed. Which is why there has to be some sort of order NOT dictated by the players, as Ive said before. Someone suggested an Ebay-like auction & that might not be so bad. A min price is suggested & then players would bid & bid until someone won. Of course, someone with a million meseta would topple anyone who has 10000 or less, naturally. There just has to be a set upper bracket that isnt so outrageous. That way it prevents the unbalance that has plagued online games in the past.

Blackwaltz-R
Jan 19, 2006, 08:00 AM
Those who found the ecomony messed up obviously just weren't cut out for tha game. The inflation was yet another obstacle to over come, it can be percieved as another challenge that adds dimension to the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I found it easier to make money off of alot of cheap crap in the game so I don't see what peoples deal is with the inflation anyway lol If you don't like how FFXI plays its not like its the only MMO out there just move on. You can always go to the WoW which is basiclly a preschool playground in comparison to FFXI, very noob-friendly and not as persistent not that WoW is the only other choice either.

This is why PSO episode 3 died, becuas epeople were looking for a game to migrate to, not something they can play on the side when they get bored of hacking and slashing for a change of pace >:P but I guess thats what epsiode 3 gets for not being noob-friendly :/

People may apply the saying "if it isn't broken don't fix it", this does NOT apply to design. Game developement is design, and like ALL design each of your designs are destinct in style but different in composition, in other words "fresh". Adding somehting in PSU that wasn;t in PSO, such as a fleshed out economy would make the formula "fresher". There are many elements to an economy meaning that their are more activities provided for you such as the crafting in FFXI. You didn;t HAVE to craft but you cannot say it wasn't nice to have the option to do somethign OTHER than kill things and level http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Thats what you call an added dimension or "depth" from a gameplay standpoint.

Unless the game is a niche such as a fighting game like street fighter where all you do is fight, having FEW ways to spend your time in a game makes it less worthwhile. Even if you disagree you can't just go by how you feel since you know everyone has different tastes. So just because YOU don't like or agree with something doesn't mean their aren't people who DO agree or like it menaing there is a market for putting in something people WILL like.

The good that can come from an Economy out-weighs the bad. From a conceptual standpoint an economy cannot be dictated by the developers which is why Squarenix hasn't stepped in, it just wouldn't be prudent since thats is not how an economy works. The only decent solution would be to get rid of the people who cause the issue. Anyways PSU is different in many aspects from FFXI so you can't really use that as an example of why having a fleshed out economy would be a bad idea.

In a videogame the logic of the "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" is BS

There is nothign wrong with a player dictated Economy, the only problem that exists are the people who try to make real money off of a PERSISTEN game. PSU will not be anywhere NEAR as persistent as FFXI so any opinions using FFXI as an example is null. You cna only have issues like that when you are delaing with regions with a mobs of a disitinct power-range meaning their are areas you will NOT be abe to reach withing about 2 months. People bought gil in FFXI so that they could buy the best gear so they could reach areas they would not be able to reach anytime soon.

PSUs areas are WAY different since you don't do any traveling, its just a run from point A to point B type of afair. FFXI is an MMOG and PSU is a MOG, keep this is mind. >.<

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 10:41 AM
BW have you really played an MMO from both ends? If so, you wouldnt be quick to say what you have. When admins dont step in, the few are able collect vast sums of money while everyone else is forced to pay whatever prices to get items or do without. Just because thats how it is in reality, in today's world, doesnt mean that should apply in a fantasy setting game. A govt sets the worth of money IRL. The closest thing in a game would be those that maintain the game: admins. If they dont do it, it doesnt give the first ppl on the game the right to do so.
Ive played games where I was financially ok. However, I was far from rich. I do remember what it was like to have no cash at all & can sympathize that those that struggle in game as well. Unless youve really seen it from the inside, you cant maintain that player-run economies are ok. Its not an obstacle to overcome because its more persistent than the world you play in. When youre dealing with players that are heartless & admins that are apathetic as well, 1 of 2 major changes need to occur:

1. Those admins need to be replaced.
2. Its time to switch to a new game.

As popular as ppl believe FFXI to be, many more ppl still migrate to other games, including WoW. If ppl are so in a rush to see everything a game has to offer, including use cheat devices or cheat others out of their cash by charging outrageous prices, that not only hurts other ppl, it hurts yourself. You take away from your own game experience & thus, you bring yourself quicker to boredom. When you place higher value on accumulating money at any cost & hoarding something over other ppl's heads, not willing to socialize with others except to mock them, one thing is very clear: YOU DONT BELONG PLAYING ONLINE WITH OTHER PEOPLE.
How can I say this? Well, have you talked with some of these people? These are the types that only socialize with select few (if any) & really dont like dealing with people as a whole. I hate to break reality to them, but, playing online = interaction. Interaction with other people just as much as the environment around you. If youre not willing to at least try to make it a good all around experience, why are you online? Theres plenty of traditional RPGs that are offline where you can make all the money you want & not worry about other people. Seriously, IRL can be bad at times & ppl dont care about other ppl. We're in a game setting. Why not just have fun, but, NOT fun at other ppl's expense (sometimes LITERALLY)?
I read through your post & I must disagree. Youre looking at MMOs from a certain perspective (which I understand). However, if you dont notice a trend, then, you really should pay heed to my post. More ppl need to wake up to whats been out there so far & see to it, for themselves, that it NOT continue.

Blackwaltz-R
Jan 20, 2006, 04:27 AM
Yeah I am looking at it more from a conceptual perspective but using ffxi as an example of th follies of a player dictated economy isn't a proper comparison since the games are too different in there aspects and implementation plsu they use auciton houses which can easily be "exploited". In PSU you'll be setting up shops from your Rooms so that means your gonna have to "shop around" to my understanding but we prolly gotta here more info on that. The level of persistence differ greatly which is the main variable for how the ecomomy will work. PSU will be alot easier/less strenuous to progress thru than ffxi so the demand for new items won;t be that great in the sense of neccesity. Plus cretaing items should be alot more simplified in comparison to ffxi so if people really want to aquire certain items it won't be as tedious to attain.

Anyways I feel that ALL games that utilizies a system where you have to level grind is already bad. Level grinding is the worst aspect in any game ever, after playing a skill-based game like Monster Hunter and Guild Wars despite how I quit GW for FFXI lol You have more to be proud of in a skillbased game since any fool can keep killing things over an over to get stronger making there progression effortless since anyone with time on their hands can progress in such a game depending on how persistent it is. 2 general comclusions I came to is to have a fleshed out economy and to have a skill-based aspect for progression. On a conceptual level these are the roads to a great game, the other aspect would be to actually implement them.

kazuma56
Jan 20, 2006, 04:38 AM
If they mimic the way it is in WOW's Auction House (player makes price, and then sets an option for it to be boughtout or make it ride through a 2-24 hour auction) then it will be fine, that way, those that a rich, can automatically "buyout" things that have excessive prices (like a real auction kinda) or you can force them to "bid" on said item through regular means by not setting a "buyout" price.

Brus
Jan 20, 2006, 04:45 AM
You have more to be proud of in a skillbased game since any fool can keep killing things over an over to get stronger making there progression effortless

2 general comclusions I came to is to have a fleshed out economy and to have a skill-based aspect for progression. On a conceptual level these are the roads to a great game, the other aspect would be to actually implement them.

I do admit and I'm pretty sure that I stated that my opinion of FFXI is just that... purely my opinion. (and frankly after playing 700-800hours of the game, I honestly do not find the game to be very skillbased compared to other MMO's, the only thing that kept me on the game were my friends and that was it) I must say, I dont really play games to ever feel proud of myself and any fool who keeps killing the same things over and over to get stronger probably isnt having fun, which is why I dont do that either. FFXI already left a bad taste in my mouth when at lvl 30 you could get killed by a rabbit you had been fighting since you were lvl 13. Note I said could. This doesnt really implicate skill either because by could get killed I mean it is completely by chance if your 15 minute cool down attack didnt cool down and you were ambushed. The time released attacks I think are complete crap. I think what makes a good online game is to make it, of course, very easily community oriented but not completely DEPENDENT, a vast level of interactivity in battles (or some sort) and of course just giving the player the ability to have fun whenever he switches it on. searching for a party for 4 hours before finally giving up because if you try to kill a rabbit by yourself you'll be slaughtered is what I would consider not fun. When I switch on my console or pc game I want to do something and not have to wait ridiculous times before I can do it. Note this is all completely opinionated and not at all meant to be forced down anyone's throat.

Russ2576
Jan 20, 2006, 05:15 AM
Player run economies can work, as long as it isn't artificially altered by money farmers who just play the game to gain an actual profit in real life. Honestly, I think SquareEnix should be ashamed of themselves for letting those people dominate the auction houses like they have.

I don't anticipate PSU having that problem, or any major price problems. For one, there won't(as far as we know)be any rare monsters that always spawn at certain places, at certain intervals for people to camp. Plus it seems everybody will have the same fair means of creating items. At the moment I really don't see any "loopholes" for people to exploit.

Alisha
Jan 20, 2006, 01:13 PM
um.. NO! its not gilsellers that cause the economy to inflate its the people that mass farm,bot fish etc. then npc those items that cause the economy to inflate

read this

Hiya, posted this on my server forums but though I might update it and add some usefull info.

You should know that inflation are caused when more gil are introdused to your server.
Gilsellers only farm items sell for Gil and sell that Gil to Gilbuyers. In that prosses no more gil are introduced to the server, thus Gilsellers are NOT the cause for overall inflation.

HOWEVER, RMTing can cause "lagg" in the stable inlation. An example of this can be described as such: "You can say that each day 10 million gil is introduced to your server. Gilsellers (or IGE), Stack up on gil while the normal inflaion are reduced to 5 million each day. When 100 days pass 500 million Gil has been stocked up for a massive Holliday sale at IGE and those 500 Million will increese the inflation in a small period of time, but the overall inflation is the same."

Three main stages for it can be described as such;

STAGE #1
24 hours a day there are players (even you maybe) and even bots that constantly sells items to NPCs. Items that goes for like 200 Gil that you can fished up in y.grotto are farmed on a LARGE scale. There are also players who "hack" items and NPC them (some methods has been patched). The amount of gil obtained by selling these items to NPCs are in total alot more then the whole servers AH fees are put together. That beeing said we can agree on that there is an inflation and not a deflation. So every day there are more and more gil introduced to the server. And prices grow slowly.

STAGE #2
Gilsellers farm items such as Darksteel ore, craft them into Ingots and convert their Ingots on AH into Gil.
The gil they are making are sold to IGE. IGE stacks up on billions of Gil.

STAGE #3
As prices grow slowly on our server due to a normal inflation; IGE decides to have a massive holliday gil sale. Now most of the Gil that IGE hold are now rushed into a market. Players will now realize that other players have more gil between their hands, and rise the prices. A big inflation happends over jsut a few days.

Now here is the truth. The prices will ALWAYS rise, if IGE didnt exist the prices whould still be this high. But when IGE exist they stock up on Gil, REDUCING the NORMAL INFLATION. If IGE didn't exist the NORMAL INFLATION whould be much greater.

So in the end, you are screwed and have to accept the inflation

Hope this might shed some light on the issue. But keep in mind RMTs are only delaying the inflation to a point where it is heavily loaded. If you REALLY want to point the finger you should point it at those who "hack" gil, or even your best friend that makes his gil selling items to NPC's.

-Madawc

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2006, 03:10 PM
On 2006-01-20 01:27, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
Anyways I feel that ALL games that utilizies a system where you have to level grind is already bad. Level grinding is the worst aspect in any game ever

Welcome to the world of role-playing! LOL Seriously, lvling up can suck as it gets boring, but, its basically the backbone of playing. An RPG isnt an RPG without going through some sort of experience to gain lvls. Regardless of what game you play, how the abilities work, no matter what theyre called, grinding is a part of the game. Be it online or offline, pc or console, electronic or pencil and paper. Id sit & lmao here about this but I really dont have the time. I just felt the need to reply to this bit.

Yummi
Jan 20, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-01-20 10:13, Alisha wrote:
um.. NO! its not gilsellers that cause the economy to inflate its the people that mass farm,bot fish etc. then npc those items that cause the economy to inflate

I'll agree, and disagree. Yes, it WAS mass farming. Mostly of popular farming enriched areas occupied by gilfarmers so normal players had to find less obvious ways of making really good money. Fishbotting/lightcrystal/selling to npc scam did make alot of people rich. That was Square's fault for making this exploit last so long. One year after NA release, and it gets fixed? Bullocks. NPCing of most items was really worthless considering the auction house price was alot higher. Farming in beadeaux is not what caused high inflation, the fishing bot scam did.

Now I'm going to disagree. Gilfarmers were a huge part in FFxi's inflation simply because they took up space, mob, and items that can be used by other players, but that's honestly not touching anywhere near where the inflation came from. We can argue al day about which came first, the chicken or the egg, and we can do the same about the gilseller or the gilbuyer. Fact is, the games economy was always ran by a few. The collapse of the economy has everything to do with those who controlled it. To spell it out for everyone, crafters. No one wants to see this and its a shame. Sometimes the ingredients are much much less than the item because too many chiefs not enough indians. Everyone somehow has enough money to craft, and no one wants to take the time to farm for it. The competition of the market drives up and down prices. Making highquality goods more abundant, and more expensive yes, but also making lowquality gear inexpensive and a loss of profit.

I feel a game should be careful before making such an equipment based game with a player controlled economy, especially if the players are usually the main creators of most of the relevant end game gear. Final fantasy's economy is really poor not because of anyones fault, it was poor design on behalf of square. If they had made most of the ex/rare gear and didn't allow for the same avid campers, or botters of an NM for so many years the economy wouldn't be so bad. I personally knew a japanese guy on my server who botted argus so much he had an entire system laid out. He had to have made atleast eight hundred million gil off peacock charms and bloodbead earrings if not more, but that's talking in the sense of a small few. Really look at it, and the solution to the insane economy of ffxi is found in crafting. Too many people can do it, no one farms anymore and gilbuyers aren't helping it.

I hope PSU chooses not to make the player made equipment so much of a neccessity than it is just a rare, and I hope they still have an adequate amount of dropped rares. Putting players incharge of another players personal advancement always turns out for the worse.

Xherziu
Jan 21, 2006, 08:20 PM
The only thing that would kill economy in PSU, is hackers.

Blackwaltz-R
Jan 22, 2006, 03:23 AM
"after playing a skill-based game like Monster Hunter"

http://ww2.capcom.com/monster/

I wasn't reffering to ffxi.

edit:

and the up-coming Monster Hunter Dos

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/2/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2006-01-22 00:26 ]</font>