PDA

View Full Version : BB gun

Charmander02
Jan 12, 2006, 08:51 PM
so yeah i want one but my dad says that i "only want one cuz my friend has one" and im like WTF i dont care what my friends got. Then on top of that he's all "besides that im not giving you my credit card # cuz i dont want you to order it online cuz they might steal my credit card #" and more crap like that. The site i want to get it from seems pretty trustworthy too: wwww.speedytoys.com. So yeah then i tell my mom and she's all "well it's still a gun it can hurt someone" WTF? the thing cant even kill anybody and what does she think im going to do just run around and shoot people? Stupid retard parents.

Ketchup345
Jan 12, 2006, 08:58 PM
Mandatory:

From the movie: A Christmas Story (1983)
Santa Claus: You'll shoot your eye out kid. Merry Christmas. Ho! Ho! Ho!

How old are you? Your dad seriously thinks you'd steal his credit card number? Ask him to order it then, assuming you eventually get permission.

WraithVerge
Jan 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
Ah, your father played the 'identity theft' card. That's always a good one.

Get your dad a Capital One card. Other than that, I don't have much good to offer you other than

What's in your wallet?!

ABDUR101
Jan 12, 2006, 09:37 PM
Actually, yeah, it can kill someone. A neighborhood kid shot his friend in the back of the head with one years back, luckily it lodged itself in the bone behind his ear.

Besides, maybe they know you better than we do, and their reasons are their way of saying they don't think you're mature enough for one yet.

They's the parents, they's got the moneys, they's make the rules.

space_butler
Jan 13, 2006, 07:36 AM
On 2006-01-12 18:37, ABDUR101 wrote:
Actually, yeah, it can kill someone. A neighborhood kid shot his friend in the back of the head with one years back, luckily it lodged itself in the bone behind his ear.

Besides, maybe they know you better than we do, and their reasons are their way of saying they don't think you're mature enough for one yet.

They's the parents, they's got the moneys, they's make the rules.

how the hell did a plastic pellet do that?

aaanyway, If you cant use your parents card tcheat. find a friend/friends parents who feel nice and get them to buy it for you, maybe chuck them some extra money as well or something. or failling that, find a shop/market/crazy hobo somewhere near yoiu and buy one there instead (thats what I did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 13, 2006, 09:32 AM
On 2006-01-13 04:36, space_butler wrote:

On 2006-01-12 18:37, ABDUR101 wrote:
A neighborhood kid shot his friend in the back of the head with one years back, luckily it lodged itself in the bone behind his ear.

Well BB guns can use metal bullets as well ya know.

If he does go the behind the parents back route, he'll be in more trouble for disobeying direct orders.

What are your plans for the BB gun is a good question here. If its for being cool or just to shoot things when you're bored, of course your parents' answer is No and they're assuming that.

If you're really interested in shooting as a hobby, learn about hunting arms, shooting ranges, outdoor target practice and or competition. Do it by the books under supervision, with encouragement to do well.

That, or get a slingshot a la Dennis The Menace or Bart Simpson and go nuts. Its the same to you anyway right?

ABDUR101
Jan 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-01-13 04:36, space_butler wrote:
[quote]

Plastic? Please, people around here don't use pussified fire-arms, even when it's a BB-gun. =]

And yeah, whats the use of going behind your parents back and ordering it? I doubt any of your friends' parents will want to risk getting you a gun, and you hurting someone with it, they'd be held responsible. As well, you intend to hide it constantly?

And by going behind your parents backs with it, you're not showing any maturity, and you certainly need to prove that quality before you get a gun of any kind.

Dangerous55
Jan 13, 2006, 02:11 PM
A BB gun is a good way to start out in the shooting sports/collecting. Just tell them it will teach you responsibility. Once you're 18 you can buy a full powered rifle.

Charmander02
Jan 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
Im like 14, and im not soome kid that going to just run around and shoot people, i use a paintball mask and a long sleeve shirt for protection. but they still wont let me get one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charmander02 on 2006-01-13 12:36 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 13, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-01-13 12:35, Charmander02 wrote:
Im like 14, and im not soome kid that going to just run around and shoot people, i use a paintball mask and a long sleeve shirt for protection. but they still wont let me get one

Ask again in a year. Be mature, accept their 'No" as meaning 'No".

Otherwise I'm going to end up getting cheese to go with all of this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2006-01-13 13:02 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jan 13, 2006, 04:22 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charmander02 on 2006-01-13 12:36 ]</font>

Protection? From what?

ABDUR101
Jan 13, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-01-13 13:22, Dangerous55 wrote:
Protection? From what?

Richochets and backfires.
*snickers*

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 14, 2006, 08:32 AM
It seems a Paintball gun is a good subsitute here for the BB gun.

Look into that.

Also if you're already using paintball guns, whats the big draw of having a BB gun instead?

Blue-Hawk
Jan 15, 2006, 01:54 PM
Maybe the reason they won't let you have one is because of the recent events in Florida.

Derek0660
Jan 16, 2006, 03:20 PM
On 2006-01-15 10:54, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Maybe the reason they won't let you have one is because of the recent events in Florida.

Elaborate, please.

Lenard
Jan 23, 2006, 10:42 PM
Like I have always said: "Every child upon birth shall be endowed with four enalienable right; the right to life, the right to liberty, the right to happiness, and the right to a nickle-plated .45 for pwning n00bs." But in all seriousness, it sounds like you are talking about an airsoft gun that shoots plastice bbs at lower velocities than a regular bb gun that shoots metal bbs or pellets. With proper eye protection during gameplay, it is vitually impossible to be seriously injured by an airsoft gun. You should outline this difference to your parents and see if it makes a difference. Also, bring up what dangerous55 said; bb guns are a good and maginally safer way to begin your path through the wonderful world of firearms.

princejake2
Jan 24, 2006, 05:54 PM
Sounds kind of like my mom and my blades. She wouldn't allow me to get any swords beacuse she thought I would hurt myself... well, my friend got me a katana for my birthday, and I had to explain to mom that I would be careful and everything with it before she would let me keep it in my room.

I showed her how responsible I can be with it, and now she lets me order them online (when I can pay for them).

By the by, I'm 16, so yeah.

REJ-
Jan 25, 2006, 03:08 PM
"well it's still a gun it can hurt someone"

Thats something that most people's mom would say. And the "Credit Card # theft" line, always works so I don't think you'll be able to get a BB Gun. Try getting an airsoft gun instead, it's less expensive, and it isn't as dangerous.

KaFKa
Jan 25, 2006, 11:47 PM

This, this right here is why they wont let you have the BB gun.

Your planning on firing it AT PEOPLE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2006-01-25 20:48 ]</font>