PDA

View Full Version : The PSU Rare Weapons List?

PhruitBaskit
Jan 13, 2006, 04:48 PM
Okay I've got two questions for this topic...
1.) How long did it take two make a complete Rare Weapons List for PSO?
2.) And how long does everone think it'll take to make a complete list for PSU?
I really don't know cuz I don't know how long it took to make the complete PSO list. Maybe a mod could answer that one. Anyone else have an opinion? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ajenteks
Jan 13, 2006, 04:55 PM
As for how long it will take for the PSU ver., I'm guessing not long. Somebody will probably go through the game code within 24 hrs. of the release and spoil the spirit of discovery for the rest of the community.

SirAri
Jan 13, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-01-13 13:55, ajenteks wrote:
As for how long it will take for the PSU ver., I'm guessing not long. Somebody will probably go through the game code within 24 hrs. of the release and spoil the spirit of discovery for the rest of the community.

You don't have to read such information,if you don't want to.

Ryna
Jan 13, 2006, 06:04 PM
In regards to PSO, it depends on which version you are talking about. For V1, it didn't take too long. On Blue Burst, we are still trying to find information on certain weapons.

It is impossible to say how long it will take for PSU. We will probably have some idea of what most of the items are within a month of the release. Putting together a complete list will probably take far longer.

When PSU comes out, PSOW will need a lot of help compiling a database. So if you import the game and find something unusual, make a post and let us know about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-01-13 15:54 ]</font>

ajenteks
Jan 13, 2006, 06:53 PM
On 2006-01-13 13:59, SirAri wrote:

I've got no problem with community created databases and using them. I'd rather find out about a weapon that somebody stumbles upon in-game though, and while playing the game, rather then what somebody gathers from reading through a data dump and presents like it's some kind of great accomplishment.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 13, 2006, 08:15 PM
On 2006-01-13 15:53, ajenteks wrote:
I've got no problem with community created databases and using them. I'd rather find out about a weapon that somebody stumbles upon in-game though, and while playing the game, rather then what somebody gathers from reading through a data dump and presents like it's some kind of great accomplishment.

I definately agree with that. I think it'd a lot funner to find out about weapons by means of people finding them. Plus we'd gain knowledge of new weps little by little instead of finding out about them in one huge list. Please people, no data dump reading...At least not for a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
Well Phruit, if you want, we can come up with a weapon list on our forum, based on what we find. That way nothing is spoiled. It would all based on info each of us contributed to & theres still room to adventure & discover new items.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 13, 2006, 08:34 PM
That wouldn't be so bad. But holy shit it would take a long time to finish with only 10 people working on it LOL Besides the time it would take, it sounds good to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SirAri
Jan 13, 2006, 08:42 PM
On 2006-01-13 15:53, ajenteks wrote:

On 2006-01-13 13:59, SirAri wrote:

I suppose that is true.

I to, would rather slowly discover new things about the game than to just have a mass if spoliers set out before my eyes.

A couple of spoilers = Okay.

A mass of them = Not so much.

F-o-x
Jan 13, 2006, 08:53 PM
This reminds me of my early days on PSO v1. My friend and I who had gotten the game had no idea that there were even "rare" weapons in the game! It was awesome finding out things little by little. I remember the period where a double saber was the "hot item" and there were rumors flying about a black version.

In short I'd prefer to find out things slowly as well, rather than all at once.

ajenteks
Jan 13, 2006, 08:56 PM
I remember getting mail like:

D00d I just found a sword that looks and sounds liek a chainsaw!

Those were the good days...

PhruitBaskit
Jan 13, 2006, 09:00 PM
Oh those were the good ol' days. I remember when my level 17 Sniper was the most powerful gun my friends and I had ever seen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Olskooldatru
Jan 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
I remember when me and some of my friends got to Falz and I had a Lord Gladus +8. I felt unbeatable but when I saw the Lavis Cannon I cried but Im okay. *starts crying*

Blitzkommando
Jan 14, 2006, 10:36 PM
Seeing at how readily available hacking utilities for PS2 are right now, I would probably give it less than a week for a full decompile of the game. PS2 has been around so long, and so many games have been broken down to source, that it would be surprising to have a list not show up quickly, if even just a partial list.

Fredrick
Jan 15, 2006, 01:53 PM
^That sounds scary...

Well I dont care what people do in order to get info. Its when they start cheating I get angry... *shakes fist at all the PSO cheaters*