PDA

View Full Version : The 2 last Famitsu scans !

Lord_DS
Jan 15, 2006, 02:26 PM
Jeux-France has posted the 2 last Famitsu scans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/3056620060115_150417_1_big.jpg

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/3056620060115_150416_0_big.jpg

Kimil
Jan 15, 2006, 02:45 PM
Someone translate please... ><

But hell, the cut in chat actually looks pretty good to me now... and if those towns were all online lobies, thn sweet. It's looking better and better

Fredrick
Jan 15, 2006, 02:46 PM
Hmm very nice...

Im sad that the bot things are a boss. The bosses in PSU seem like mini bosses. Kind of lame.

Kimil
Jan 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
SOMEBODY TRANSLATE!!! >.<
pretty plesae witha cherry on top

OdinTyler
Jan 15, 2006, 02:53 PM
Well, its not actually that bad if you look at the pics more closely. Magashi rules a faction of machines so he is a boss. It only makes sense hed send out some machines to take care of Ethan & crew. The fact that you see 3 Grina Beats at once can be a boss fight. Also, it doesnt mean that theyre only bosses. Theyre just another obstacle to overcome before fighting Magashi. Makes perfect sense to me.

therealAERO
Jan 15, 2006, 03:02 PM
Did you see those Dudes just chilling in a "My room" that was soo cooool!!!

Kimil
Jan 15, 2006, 03:19 PM
On 2006-01-15 12:02, therealAERO wrote:

O.o... Hmm... Actually, that reminds me a Gaia Towns

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-01-15 12:20 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 15, 2006, 03:25 PM
If you look on the front page, you'll see translations for most of the first page and half of the second.

The content on the bottom half of the 2nd page is new.

Brus
Jan 15, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-01-15 11:53, OdinTyler wrote:
Well, its not actually that bad if you look at the pics more closely. Magashi rules a faction of machines so he is a boss. It only makes sense hed send out some machines to take care of Ethan & crew. The fact that you see 3 Grina Beats at once can be a boss fight. Also, it doesnt mean that theyre only bosses. Theyre just another obstacle to overcome before fighting Magashi. Makes perfect sense to me.

Very true, I sincerely doubt that the sinows are a boss in themselves.... heck if you even look at the pictures on the front they're shown in different areas which is not a characteristic that bosses usually have. Unless ST is pulling more "Grass assassin in the forest" pics, if you know what I mean.

then again.... I could be wrong and those pics could be 2 sides of the same room...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-15 12:29 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 15, 2006, 03:30 PM
GAs SHOULD have been in the forest. Idk why they relocated them to the caves. They go back to PSII & were clearly not fitting of the caves. The pic you referred to were prototype shots. Obviously, they were changed, sadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Brus
Jan 15, 2006, 03:37 PM
I know that its already been confirmed that the game party size is 6... but I was wondering if it makes anyone else uncomfortable that all the pics they've been showing lately have been max 4 people. I mean there's a few 6 out there but they're older. Someone ease my paranoia.

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2006, 04:03 PM
Uhm, what are you being paranoid about? Its been confirmed that party sizes are going to have a max of 6, just like you said yourself. Wooosah, my friend, calm down.

Kano-Okami
Jan 15, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-01-15 12:19, Kimil wrote:

On 2006-01-15 12:02, therealAERO wrote:

O.o... Hmm... Actually, that reminds me a Gaia Towns

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2006-01-15 12:20 ]</font>
Hmm..I Alpha tested Gaia Towns and I have to say its pretty cool, its not a bad concept. I think that PSU's My Room ,however, will be significantly better..atleast It should. :[

Brus
Jan 15, 2006, 05:48 PM
On 2006-01-15 13:03, DizzyDi wrote:
Uhm, what are you being paranoid about? Its been confirmed that party sizes are going to have a max of 6, just like you said yourself. Wooosah, my friend, calm down.

I swear sometimes I need to go outside, these walls are driving me nuts. Yes, party size is 6...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-15 14:49 ]</font>

Lovejuice
Jan 15, 2006, 08:23 PM
I'm most intrigued by the very bottom-right screenshot on page two. Is that some kind of 'lobby/ship select' or room/instance creation tool (like the PSO counters)? Especially seeing as the party assembled outside of the field area seems to be present. Although I'm none too sure what the 'C, B, A, B' listing could have to do with that.

Dhylec
Jan 15, 2006, 09:09 PM
Lovejuice wrote:
I'm most intrigued by the very bottom-right screenshot on page two. Is that some kind of 'lobby/ship select' or room/instance creation tool (like the PSO counters)? Especially seeing as the party assembled outside of the field area seems to be present. Although I'm none too sure what the 'C, B, A, B' listing could have to do with that.

Heh, would it helps if I tell ya: 1 is City, 2 is Party & 3 is Mission?

PhruitBaskit
Jan 17, 2006, 06:02 PM
Could somebody please put these images up. I can't get them to load up all the way (only like the top 1/4).

EspioKaos
Jan 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
I just now realized that I'd given my translation of this article to Ryna, but I forgot to post it here. Oops. ^_^; I guess, this isn't totally necessary as it's now on the front page, but still, just for the sake of having it in another area, I'll post it here as well. There are actually two spoilers included in the article (one is actually under the "read more" link in the front page article) that I'd rather not post unless there's a decent way to hide it from sight just in case someone comes along and accidentally reads it when they'd rather not have certain aspects of the story ruined.

Moatoob was once a lush, green planet with abundant water sources. During the war, however, the moon that once orbited the planet was destroyed resulting in the gravitational balance it once had with Moatoob to be thrown off. The oceans soon began to ebb and drought spread transforming the planet into a vast desert. In spite of this, many people with dreams of wealth began to immigrate to the planet because of how rich in resources it is.

The text on the second page discusses "My Room" and party formation/mission selection. It says that you can invite your friends to your room, though, just like in the field, there is a six person limit per room. The article also mentions a goods shop where you'll be able to buy items just for decorating your room, as well as the possibility of there being rare room goods sold there.

On the bottom right half of the second page, this section talks about how to form a party. Pretty basic stuff, really. 01. Explore the Guardians Colony and other areas to meet new friends. 02. Exchange partner cards (the equivalent of guild cards) after you've met some people who would like to join your party. Just like in PSO, by having someone's card, you'll be able to send simple mail to them among other things. 03. Go to the mission counter of areas such as the Flyer Base on the Colony to select a mission. As before, only the party leader will be able to select the mission. It's mentioned that missions online will expand on the story of the game and that new missions will be continually added over time.

Ryna
Jan 17, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-01-17 15:02, PhruitBaskit wrote:
Could somebody please put these images up. I can't get them to load up all the way (only like the top 1/4).

I'm planning on putting together a front page news story in a little bit. You'll be able to download the scans there.

EspioKaos wrote:
There are actually two spoilers included in the article (one is actually under the "read more" link in the front page article) that I'd rather not post unless there's a decent way to hide it from sight just in case someone comes along and accidentally reads it when they'd rather not have certain aspects of the story ruined.

Actually, we do have mechanism for hiding spoilers. Just use these tags

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-01-17 16:40 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Jan 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
Give me a minute here I'll put it up.

1st Link (http://members.shaw.ca/shadow_wing/Shadow_Domain/Images/PSUp.1.jpg)

2nd Link (http://members.shaw.ca/shadow_wing/Shadow_Domain/Images/PSUp.2.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-01-17 16:47 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 17, 2006, 09:36 PM
The news story has been posted. It can be found here:
http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1455&mode=&order=0

Please keep in mind there is a large spoiler at the end of it....

PhotonCat
Jan 18, 2006, 01:56 AM
This concerns me a bit:

If you are new to the online world, here are the steps you will have to follow in order to create your first game:
1. Explore the Guardians Colony and other areas to meet new friends.
2. Exchange partner cards (the equivalent of guild cards) after you've met some people who would like to join your party. Just like in PSO, by having someone's card, you'll be able to send simple mail to them among other things.
3. Go to the mission counter to create your game. Only the party leader will be able to select the mission.

I certainly hope you do not HAVE to have a group/full group or other ppls guild cards to start a game.
Because that would just be silly if you can't make a game and just solo or only have less than 6 friends.

I maybe just reading it too literally, but it's still a concern.

ajenteks
Jan 18, 2006, 02:10 AM
I certainly hope you do not HAVE to have a group/full group or other ppls guild cards to start a game.
Because that would just be silly if you can't make a game and just solo or only have less than 6 friends.

I think it's just for your very first time, which kinda makes sense, especially if you have to play through some kind of tutorial quests or something.

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 08:07 AM
You guys read WAY too much into stuff. Its just saying that with any PS game being online. Youd go up to ppl, talk, introduce yourself, etc etc. Then, as you gain ppl's cards, you can start grouping up. It doesnt say you have to get 5 ppl with you. Just reminding you that 6 is the total limit you can have in group. Sure, you could get ONLY 1, but, wouldnt 5 be a safer bet? Its open to however many you can get.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 18, 2006, 05:15 PM
Thx for the link Ryna http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They loaded up just fine. Wonder what the hell was wrong before...