PDA

View Full Version : Wait until Summer?.. OH NOES!!1!

Kano-Okami
Jan 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
I know we've all heard this one before but I'll fan the flames. According to Playstation Magazine, PSU should be coming out some time around Summer..but the vague release date isn't my delima..the thing that gets my goat is that they put it up as "Something to tide you over until Final Fantasy XII"..well I say.. SKREW FFXII! PSU WILL TRUMP ALL!!1!
...oh yeah, the article can be found here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/th_pm1.jpg (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/pm1.jpg) and http://photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/th_pm2.jpg (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/pm2.jpg)

p.s. no offense to FF fans, I'm just being overly-critical, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif.

F-o-x
Jan 15, 2006, 04:41 PM
Tide me over? What the heck are they talking about? I'm pretty sure I'll be playing PSU looooong after I'm done with FFXII.

Kupi
Jan 15, 2006, 04:48 PM
"Space elves"? Hnya ha ha ha!

It's true, though...

Summer, eh? Guess I'd better find another game to play in the meantime...

Yummi
Jan 15, 2006, 04:51 PM
I just hope it is in the summer, far better than winter of '06. Besides it gives me a reason to be good this summer if im distracted by psu o.O

SirAri
Jan 15, 2006, 04:53 PM
I'm with you.

Fuck the next final fanatasy.

Psu shall put all to shame.

Skuda
Jan 15, 2006, 05:31 PM
If FFXII was coming out before PSU, I'd say it'd have to be the other way around.

FFXII doesn't appear to be hyped that well.

Sega on the otherhand has been giving us info on the game piece by piece to catch our attantion.

PSU is going to rock FFXII, hands down.

Brus
Jan 15, 2006, 05:46 PM
tide me over? more like 1 thing that would make me ingore FFXII completely... that is, besides everything else in the world. FFXII is an offline version of FFXI, being as clairvoyant as I am, I see a gun to my head after 5 minutes of that damn game. Leave it to playstation magazine to be a completely brand whore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-15 14:47 ]</font>

DamonKatu
Jan 15, 2006, 05:46 PM
Yea, PSU is better than...*Gets hammered by his GF* OWW!! Well, it is better sence they dont have the level downgrade rule. plus the not limit weapon deal is quite a bargan.

Hotsuma
Jan 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
Oh please... if FFXII is anything like previous FF games it won't last but a week in my "now playing list". I mean knowing square the game won't be all that amazing, and from the looks of it the main character is another feminine pretty boy like Tidus.. Pfft.. no way in hell am I going to put down PSU for a p*ssy whacked Final Fantasy rpg, with what seems like sissy lead characters. I love Final Fantasy series and everything, but lately they just aren't cutting it. SEGA on the other hand is gonna be like a weed-whacker 2000 in a garden of trashy overrated games this summer. Long live PSU and SEGA, and may the drugged out editors at OPM learn what the true gamer isn't interested in, not the same old sissy main character who goes emo every few minutes and some hardcore monster ravaging action with a deepening story that makes you think. I mean c'mon.. even the midget FOmars in PSO are more threatening than an emo blonde haired pretty boy, lol. I'm more afraid of a blast of Rafoie Lv.30 then a hissy fit.

Edit: And Casts are androids, get it straight you OPM idiots!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotsuma on 2006-01-15 15:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotsuma on 2006-01-15 15:41 ]</font>

Lovejuice
Jan 15, 2006, 08:16 PM
I'm actually quite looking forward to FFXII. As girly as Vaan may be, it's actually looking to be quite a nice gaming trip, and a semi-variant from the normal LOVELOVEHEADCONFUSIONWORLDTHREAT stuff. Infact, the general attitude seems very Skies of Arcadia-ish, which is perhaps one of the lowest 'Emo'-starred RPGs ever (and is all kinds of wonderful in the process). And Fran is just lovely. I'm also looking forward to (another) soundtrack that isn't totally drenched in Mr. Uematsu, as lovely as he is, it's nice to see a few others get a shoe in. They pulled it off in FFXI! <3 Kumi Tanioka!

Anyway, that's for somewhere else, but it's great to see Phantasy Star Universe getting some much-needed coverage. Still, that's not right what the scan says, is it - that the online portion is set five years later?

Kimil
Jan 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
wow... are video games your guys' life or something? calm the fuck down O__________O''

Kano-Okami
Jan 15, 2006, 09:48 PM
On 2006-01-15 18:06, Kimil wrote:
wow... are video games your guys' life or something? calm the fuck down O__________O''

The short answer to that is...Yup. Pretty much. Most of us are pretty neurotic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif. We try to keep it to a minimum, but we can't help but just show a little pride in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-01-15 19:07 ]</font>

ajenteks
Jan 15, 2006, 09:56 PM

I like this XD

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2006, 11:12 PM

The ultimate irony. You post this on a website about a VIDEO GAME series. So excuse us if we discuss games e'rynow and then.

Edit: Also about FFXI, I've played the demo and it seems like an ok game. The battle system was a lil boring on the demo, but I'm hoping its a little meatier in the full version. Yeah the main character is a lil puss, but thats what the supporting characters are for, to uhm...supporting the weakling pre-pubescant main character. It is A LOT like an offline FFXI but thats not such a bad thing. FFXI isn't a bad game, it just has a lot of problems, as do most MMOs. FFXII being offline automatically eliminates a lot of the stuff that plagued XI. Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike a horrible fhkn economy, waiting hours for a party, finally getting a party but it turns out to be a horrible on...So on and so forth. I'm kinda lookin foward to it, but not nearly as much as PSU and Rouge Galaxy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-01-15 20:17 ]</font>

DeathMachine
Jan 15, 2006, 11:40 PM
PSU! RAWK OOOOOOOOOON! (Not really looking forward to FFXII. Stopped caring after 6)

OdinTyler
Jan 16, 2006, 12:28 AM
DM you should try VIII, its pretty good. VII & the others, Idk about. I mean I tried X but the classic FF games & VIII are it for me. If I dont like the main char, I probably wont like the game. Guys like Cloud & whats his face from IX...Idk, I just dont care for them. The new game could be good but Ill be far too busy with a game Ive waited for much longer: PSU.

Blitzkommando
Jan 16, 2006, 01:19 AM
Tough choice for me really. PSU looks like another PSO. Don't get me wrong, I loved PSO. It's that loving PSO was a problem.

Final Fantasy XII on the other hand will probably take up maybe 40-60 hours, total. I loved the small community I came to know and talk with on PSO but I hated how it sucked up so much time. Guess that's what happens when you realize that this is your senior year of high school. In any event, I'll likely get both, if just for the offline mode or to check out exactly how many people joined up to start this PS online game.

Sinue_v2
Jan 16, 2006, 05:51 AM
no way in hell am I going to put down PSU for a p*ssy whacked Final Fantasy rpg, with what seems like sissy lead characters.

*Cough Cough*

http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psiv/chazsword.gif

http://pscave.com/com/psfan/cabinet.JPG

http://pscave.com/com/psfan/present.JPG

Aaaaanyhow... I agree with most people here. FFXII will most likely be a minor "bump" in the road once I start playing PSU. I probably won't even give it a serious effort until I either get some free time from PSU - or am sick enough of it to where I can stand to spend a few hours of my gametime away from PSU... which will probably be quite a while.

kazuma56
Jan 16, 2006, 08:24 AM
Aaaaanyhow... I agree with most people here. FFXII will most likely be a minor "bump" in the road once I start playing PSU. I probably won't even give it a serious effort until I either get some free time from PSU - or am sick enough of it to where I can stand to spend a few hours of my gametime away from PSU... which will probably be quite a while.

This is my exact feeling towards this as well, I'll have enough money to buy both games so FF12 will only ne a minor detterance I get my hands on PSU....but in the mean time, I can't wait to get my hands on Kingdom Hearts 2, grandia 3 and Suikoden V (if its anything like III that is) which are only a month and abit away.

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 09:31 AM
On 2006-01-15 14:58, Hotsuma wrote:
Oh please... if FFXII is anything like previous FF games it won't last but a week in my "now playing list". I mean knowing square the game won't be all that amazing, and from the looks of it the main character is another feminine pretty boy like Tidus.. Pfft.. no way in hell am I going to put down PSU for a p*ssy whacked Final Fantasy rpg, with what seems like sissy lead characters.

People who post things like this are generally fans of the devil may cry series due to the fact that the lead character is an uber bad ass who never ever dies.

Uber bad asses get boring, steriotypical and overplayed as far as I'm concerned.

DeathMachine
Jan 16, 2006, 11:47 AM
So does the stereotypical effeminate(sp?) underage teen saving the world and overcoming his problems, including his inability to speak to the female characters he likes. I never played DMC, but I don't like the idea of a character that has no flaws and is invincible. It asks the question,"why play if I won't lose, unless it's my first time?" Usually, these games are ridiculously repetitious, and end up being boring. This is why people like Auron from FFX. He's badass, but not invincible.

Edit: My spelling needs work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DeathMachine on 2006-01-16 08:52 ]</font>

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 05:02 PM
On 2006-01-16 08:47, DeathMachine wrote:
So does the stereotypical effeminate(sp?) underage teen saving the world and overcoming his problems, including his inability to speak to the female characters he likes. I never played DMC, but I don't like the idea of a character that has no flaws and is invincible. It asks the question,"why play if I won't lose, unless it's my first time?" Usually, these games are ridiculously repetitious, and end up being boring. This is why people like Auron from FFX. He's badass, but not invincible.

Edit: My spelling needs work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DeathMachine on 2006-01-16 08:52 ]</font>

Touche', my good man.

I suppose I find a character I can relate with alot more interesting than one that seems highly unrealistic, and overblown.

Also, I cant stand the real life personality type that just stands around throwing the "EMO" label all about the place like the person I was responding to did. Fools like this are on practically every online community I visit. It grows tiresome after awhile, you know?

Also, dmc is pretty cool, I just hate people who act like these types are characters are the only ones that matter.

Also, Auron = t3h coolness.

Yummi
Jan 16, 2006, 05:12 PM
The funniest thing is, everyone has a type of character they hate. I hate people on games that seem to be way too lucky for their own good, and then get a happy ending, but when writers sit down and concept these things I think they aim for characters not to be exactly likable, but a character that can evoke emotion from the player. Good or bad, any emotion is good. If you hate a character, or even mildly dislike him or her, the character has done its job in the story lol. If you can play a game without no judgement on the characters then they need a few personality tweaks.

I also think the recent ff's focus on the feminine EMO guys because they also have a culture trend. FF is cult status in japan so it's like their soap operas. My real deal is why in all the sequels do the characters go postal. Yuna with her pistols, and now Vincent with his. I wonder if he'll get a skanky new uniform too.

Hotsuma
Jan 16, 2006, 05:14 PM
I just believe a main lead male role should be more... well male-like.. And no I was never a fan of DMC, so that's not where my influences stand. I just believe that if you are going to be a leader, be strong and atleast try too look the part, don't go emo every time things go wrong(i.e. Tidus). Life sucks sometimes that's why you have to be strong and keep moving foward, don't dwell on shit, but anyway I'm getting off subject. PSU I believe will be the real meat on the bones for most people, so I strongly disagree with it being categorized with games to "tide" you over until FFXII lol; a game that will last around 50 hours before you get tired and shove it off in your RPG or gaming archive. My main point is, lead characters should be leaders, not invincible but definitely worthy of being a main character; and that FFXII will most likely be the detour not the other way around.And yes I love FF games I just don't like p*ssy pretty boy characters being the supposed "badass" that saves the world lol. Most of the time is the not so pretty people who have iron wills that truely do the work.

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 06:17 PM
The point of Tidus was to show the growing up of a character, if you even bothered to play it for more than an hour.

Beat the game.

He isnt so much of a whiny prissy boy near the end.

OdinTyler
Jan 16, 2006, 10:31 PM
OK guys before we get WAY off topic, how about characters that are more complex? The consensus is that 'wussy looking chars' arent as well looked at as 'tough guys'. How about ppl that seem like theyve been alot? Complex personalities. Tormented individiduals. Ill give you a good example of a good lead hero. I know, its a FF reference, but, hes a good char: Squall from FF VIII. You dont always agree with his frame of thinking. However, he does mean well. You see hes been through alot & he tries to amend things. Sometimes for someone to become a hero, they must start at a great disadvantage & somehow, overcome it or at least accept it.

Brus
Jan 16, 2006, 11:13 PM
I have a hard time liking characters that I think look stupid. I think the last FF to have an ok looking lead character was FFVIII with squall. Tidus just pushed it over the edge with his half shirt and overalls and now VAAN(?) looks like a transvestite's worst nightmare. This is why when I get PSU, the first I will do will be making as much money as I can offline and buying Ethan a shirt that will cover that awful belly. I think he looks ok except that belly really just ruins it. WHAT IS WITH MALE LEAD RPG CHARACTERS HAVING TO SHOW OFF THEIR BELLIES IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. ITS HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE.

Note: I'm not arguing whether the games or good or not, merely the fact that I think the main characters look terrible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brus on 2006-01-16 20:15 ]</font>

Atayin
Jan 17, 2006, 11:59 PM
Tide me over? That's funny.. in a crazy, irritating way. I haven't looked forward to a Final Fantasy game since FFVIII, which I ended up hating. Square-Enix constantly trying to appeal to the mainstream by creating watered down and youth-stereotypical main characters is something I've found pretty disgusting for quite some time now. And to think that at one time, I was a "fanboy".

Some people still love the FF series anyhow, which is good for them. To each his own. And I do mean that. But as for me, I don't expect FFXII will be game enough to tide me over for something else... let alone be worth finding games to tide me over to play IT.

Sometimes I just want to shoot the video game press http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
"I wouldn't expect an overnight change from the current superficial to a superfluous model of videogame journalism, but a gradual expunging of the arrogant, child-minded and ultimately pointless style of writing and mindset would be more than welcome, and perhaps essential if the videogame press is to survive as videogamers grow up and mature past the age of 16"
^
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/07/the_pointlessness_of_current_videogame_journalism/

Great little article.

Oh well. Maybe I let myself get too worked up over this stuff.
...Final Fantasy XII (laughs)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-01-17 21:04 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 18, 2006, 03:36 AM
not hyped? there was a free demo with dragon quest VIII. that seems enough hype to me/.

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 06:47 PM
Yes, theyre just sneaking a demo in there. I see alot of ppl jumping on this forum just to learn & talk about PSU. I see no commercials or any real ads for FFXII. Of course, I havent been able to keep up with the mags for awhile so they could be advertising like crazy there. Last I heard, the major PS2 rpg with blitzing advertising was Dragon Quest VIII.

Neith
Jan 18, 2006, 07:15 PM
Sneaking a demo is is a great way to get hype- Back when Zone of the Enders was released, people bought it to play the MGS2 demo, then sent it back.

I am looking forward to PSU, and to a certain degree, FFXII. I'm a massive FF fan, but I think they're trying to stretch the series too much now- FFXII doesn't appear to be THAT much different from previous installments, except for a couple of new features. I'll probably buy it, maybe complete it, I don't know. Should have stopped after VIII in my opinion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's obvious that Playstation Magazine are going to hype FFXII for all it's worth- even if it sucked badly, it would still sell loads of copies, because of the whole franchise. PSU however, while big from Phantasy Star, 'probably' (I'm not sure) has a smaller fanbase than Final Fantasy.

Regardless of when they're both releases though, I'll play PSU more.

Although I'll play Guild Wars: Factions even more than both combined http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hotsuma
Jan 18, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-01-16 15:17, SirAri wrote:
The point of Tidus was to show the growing up of a character, if you even bothered to play it for more than an hour.

Beat the game.

Actually, every RPG I play 'til the end, especially Final Fantasy series based RPGs. So that is not even in issue here. He matured a bit but not really as much as he should and I really don't blame him, I blame SE because they made him that way in a way to make him to a more down to earth character but pushed the envelope too far, but either way I don't expect FFXII to be more of a game than PSU in terms of lasting effect. And to tell you the truth, I think Tales of Legendia will be more of a game to tide me over until PSU, because atleast the Tales of series has action packed battles and fascinating stories, so I don't even think I will even play FFXII until maybe next year when the price goes down... maybe even later.(I'll be too busy with PSU and college lol.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotsuma on 2006-01-18 16:37 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 10:25 PM
Well, it seems to me that PSU is winning out here. So why are other games being considered for when PSU comes out? Its pretty apparent that regardless what game(s) we're working on, PSU will take our attention from that point forth. Personally, I welcome it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kano-Okami
Feb 2, 2006, 11:49 PM
Hmm...with the 'Emo fad' going around in the rpg genre, I hope Ethan isn't a whinner, he doesn't look it..
..well then again, look at that shirt..
I just hope he has more mettle to him then the rest of his creed.

Dre_o
Feb 3, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-02-02 20:49, Kano-Okami wrote:

Hmm...with the 'Emo fad' going around in the rpg genre, I hope Ethan isn't a whinner, he doesn't look it..
..well then again, look at that shirt..
I just hope he has more mettle to him then the rest of his creed.

Well said. Curse EMOS, always whining about their lives....I could think of thousands of ways to make it worse.

Tkinc
Feb 3, 2006, 04:36 AM
Lol. Don't play PSU ALL the time, give urself some time to rest and do other things- like work and socialize- because in the end- it's gonna come back to you as: 'Da%# I can't believe I wasted so much of time...' Remember we only have one shot at life- make the most of it and still have fun... cause you can't play PSU when you're in the grave http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I play smart for the few hours my father permisses me to play on the computer and the gamecube. To think about it the restrictions are actually good- If I was as free as the rest of you guys, I'd probably become a PSO/PSU drone- doing nothing but wasting pretty time and doing not much anything else like learning Pyrokenisis (yes, it is POSSIBLE to learn this in real life but it is VERRY VERRY HARD) or just learning something new, OR creating a new game on Rm2K3 (looks at my title http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) so... just keep a balance... have fun, but please dont be obsessed... you'll just end up like the Kal-freaks on Kal-online (Free MMO at kalonline.com NOTE: Getting to 89 (final level in that game) is about 2,000,000,000 exp points with the highest bad guy only dropping 15k exp WITHOUT HELP) or the WoW guys who are complete FREAKS.

vox3om
Feb 3, 2006, 08:58 AM
Well if it were coming from me, a Psychology major in a prestigous college http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, I would have to say that the reason they placed that line "something to tide you over till FFXII" is because think about how many people would buy PSU if they didn't.

We read the line thinking "WOW I can't believe they are actually bashing PSU!" but in reality one should realize that this is only a marketing strategy. By saying that it will tide you over, many people will buy it and get hooked on it. And since FFXI is one of the top ranking games that brings in a ton of money for ST they know that many people will look right past the PSU release with their eyes only focused on FFXII.

Therefore this statement is not derogitory. It is actually in support of the company and its sales AND its ability to hook people on PSU and keep them there even DURING FFXII.

Atayin
Feb 3, 2006, 10:22 AM
You don't need to have majored in a prestigeous college to understand that a statement can be derogitory, regardless of good intentions. There's plenty to gripe about in how they went about promoting PSU, even though it's already obvious to many (if not all of us) that it was the result of a marketing strategy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-03 07:23 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 3, 2006, 10:42 AM
Personally, Idk why this particular topic is still open. We know the game's not coming out in the Summer anymore. We could still discuss their horrid marketing strategies in another topic.

Atayin
Feb 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
On 2006-02-03 07:42, OdinTyler wrote:
Personally, Idk why this particular topic is still open. We know the game's not coming out in the Summer anymore. We could still discuss their horrid marketing strategies in another topic.

The topic is primarily about a magazine article, despite the word Summer being involved.

Personally, I'd really like to see the Phantasy Star series somehow get more popular then Final Fantasy. I really like the mix of sci-fi and fantasy, so when a magazine article is published that talks about PSU being something to tie you over for what I consider to be a very much lesser title, naturally I'm gonna have things I like to say about it. I'm sure plenty of others who have posted on this thread agree.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-03 07:54 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 3, 2006, 11:02 AM
Like I said, for someone to say something like that, comparing PS & FF in that way, they need to remove their head from their ass, come out of the cave, & get with reality, cause the series are completely different & cant be compared as such. If anything, we should write letters to them explaining why FF has copied PS before. Maybe FF wouldnt have been as popular if they didnt use other ppl's ideas.

Atayin
Feb 3, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-02-03 08:02, OdinTyler wrote:
Like I said, for someone to say something like that, comparing PS & FF in that way, they need to remove their head from their ass, come out of the cave, & get with reality, cause the series are completely different & cant be compared as such. If anything, we should write letters to them explaining why FF has copied PS before. Maybe FF wouldnt have been as popular if they didnt use other ppl's ideas.

If you're telling me to take my head out of my ass then ouch. I think that's a little harsh.

But, if you meant for whoever's responsible for that article to take their heads out, then amen to that, brother. More people need to recognize what has given so many popular titles their success and give credit where credit is due. Maybe then we wouldn't end up with so many atrocities when the good titles seem to dissapear and bite the dust and other titles like Final Fantasy have nothing left to copy off of or "be influenced by".

DamonKatu
Feb 3, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-01-18 16:28, Hotsuma wrote:

On 2006-01-16 15:17, SirAri wrote:

Beat the game.

Actually, every RPG I play 'til the end, especially Final Fantasy series based RPGs. So that is not even in issue here. He matured a bit but not really as much as he should and I really don't blame him, I blame SE because they made him that way in a way to make him to a more down to earth character but pushed the envelope too far, but either way I don't expect FFXII to be more of a game than PSU in terms of lasting effect. And to tell you the truth, I think Tales of Legendia will be more of a game to tide me over until PSU, because atleast the Tales of series has action packed battles and fascinating stories, so I don't even think I will even play FFXII until maybe next year when the price goes down... maybe even later.(I'll be too busy with PSU and college lol.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotsuma on 2006-01-18 16:37 ]</font>

Not everyone can grow up you know. Some charters can be crazy and wacky just forcomic releaf but hay this is a RPG, not the familly guy. Looks like college can be a pain but its worth getting a better job. I REALLY cant wait till PSU's release. *see kafie going twords him* Woa, he knows nonthing kafie. We'll find her.

OdinTyler
Feb 3, 2006, 03:31 PM
No, Atayin, not you. I meant whoever would advertise such a thing, just to cause rifts between players.

hypersaxon
Feb 11, 2006, 11:39 PM
I'm playing the Final Fantasy XI beta on 360, it's alright but I have a feeling that PSU is gonna blow it away. If it comes to 360, I'm so ditching FFXI and getting that instead. From what I've read about PSU, it's shaping up to be a helluva lot funner than my experience with FFXI so far. It's okay but too slow and I never have enough money, plus you have to rely on having a good party in order to get anywhere in that game, and I always get stuck in a team with a sucky Red Mage and no White Mage, and I end up dying in the first 10 minutes.

Anyway, sucks that it's been delayed until later this year http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-02-11 20:40 ]</font>

Spacepest
Feb 13, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-02-11 20:39, hypersaxon wrote:
I'm playing the Final Fantasy XI beta on 360, it's alright but I have a feeling that PSU is gonna blow it away. If it comes to 360, I'm so ditching FFXI and getting that instead. From what I've read about PSU, it's shaping up to be a helluva lot funner than my experience with FFXI so far. It's okay but too slow and I never have enough money, plus you have to rely on having a good party in order to get anywhere in that game, and I always get stuck in a team with a sucky Red Mage and no White Mage, and I end up dying in the first 10 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-02-11 20:40 ]</font>

Psst! Hint about FFXI-the entire game is that way! I had way more fun playing the PSO games than I did FFXI.

I can't wait for PSU to come out either. Such a long wait....

Grigori
Feb 13, 2006, 07:23 PM
Games Im looking forward to:

PSU
KH II
.hack//G.U.
Disgaea 2
Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou

FF XII Im kinda "meh" about. I'll most likely get it, but I've been disappointed with the whole "sell-out-to-the-fans" angle the series has been going towards. IMO, VII, VIII, X, X-2, and XI all sucked. IX and FFTA were the last ones I played that I actually liked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grigori on 2006-02-13 16:27 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 13, 2006, 09:59 PM
Other than juicing the FF7 franchise, I don't think FF7 is sell out series. And please tell me you've heard about .hack//fragment...
You know, the online one?