PDA

View Full Version : HA! I think I have found a link in the offline and online ga

DavidNel
Jan 15, 2006, 10:03 PM
I was surfing the site (nothing new) and I had an interesting thought. In picture, it shows Eathen holding a PM, and in online you can substatute a PM for a player. That MAY be a connection. Hince MAY. I think it would be a plauseable idea, becasue if someone made it super strong, then online it would get all the kills. If you wern't strong enough to keep up with the machine, it would kill everything before you could get to it.

This is just a random thought, please tell me what you think. [small]Don't kill me....

ajenteks
Jan 15, 2006, 10:06 PM
Uh... wha?

If you mean that you can use a PM from offline mode with your online characters, I highly doubt it. That'd be one heck of a security hole.

DavidNel
Jan 15, 2006, 10:09 PM
not neccesarily *dang i cant spell today...*

I dont think the Partner robot inhances your stats, just fights with you. And if the robot was better than you, you couldn't kill anything, the robot would have already done it. It could get anoying for other players, but then you can just leave the lobby and report that person....

Brus
Jan 15, 2006, 10:30 PM
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I dont get what this topic is about.

Dre_o
Jan 15, 2006, 10:36 PM
On 2006-01-15 19:30, Brus wrote:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I dont get what this topic is about.

Neither do I. What I think he means it what we know already, you can use a PM as a partner in combat, once it becomes more advance, but I realllly don't know..

DeathMachine
Jan 15, 2006, 11:02 PM
You can use PMs offline and online, if that's what you mean. Take your time and refrase it. Please.

OdinTyler
Jan 15, 2006, 11:26 PM
Also, PMs can replace slots in groups because ST is really trying to emphasize the need to group up with other ppl. In offline mode, situations will dictate who is in your group. However, in online mode its left up to chance. You could group with up to 6 ppl. Monsters need to be tough to necessitate having that many in a group. They probably included a battle-ready PM for those who wished to solo & gave them a partial ability to do so. However, teamwork is the key here.

DeathMachine
Jan 15, 2006, 11:36 PM
I don't believe they can do that in the begining, due to the fact that you have to raise PMs to combat capabilities.

Brus
Jan 15, 2006, 11:43 PM
This is just a wild guess, but maybe it'll be based on the final forms of the PMS... such as maybe a forge, combat, or LOVE type I mean with the inclusion of your own room and such. Ok I just wanted to make reference to a LOVE PM, ignore me. Although I'm just about 100% positive that your offline/online PMs will be completely different.

DeathMachine
Jan 15, 2006, 11:44 PM
Heh heh...he said PMS...what, am I seven?

Dre_o
Jan 15, 2006, 11:58 PM
The idea of making one a FORGE type, COMBAT type and instead of LOVE type it could be SUPPORT type (like stat augmentation.) Is an intersting thought.

DavidNel
Jan 16, 2006, 09:02 PM
OK, what I mean is that you MAY be able to take your offline partner (with his stats) to the online mode. This would be a link between the two modes. It is just a random guess of what could be. I know PMs are in both modes, and thats why I think that your same partner machine can be taken online to play with.

Dre_o
Jan 16, 2006, 09:17 PM
On 2006-01-16 18:02, DavidNel wrote:
OK, what I mean is that you MAY be able to take your offline partner (with his stats) to the online mode. This would be a link between the two modes. It is just a random guess of what could be. I know PMs are in both modes, and thats why I think that your same partner machine can be taken online to play with.

No. ST has already said that there will be no form of item sharing between online and offline. Sorry about bluntness.

EDIT: Of course this is from what I know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-16 18:17 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 16, 2006, 10:23 PM
Its already been stated for a fact by ST. Idk why ppl just wont accept it. The 2 modes are VERY different. Understand that what you do offline has no relevance or connection to online & vice versa. No one has to play both modes. However, if you choose to, it is something you must be willing to accept. Its not really such a bad thing. Just view each mode as it is & it wont be as big a problem as some view it to be.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 18, 2006, 03:39 AM
you know, back in that podcast, there was some mention of a third mode. maybe solo online mode?

Dre_o
Jan 18, 2006, 08:02 AM
On 2006-01-18 00:39, Jonathan_F wrote:
you know, back in that podcast, there was some mention of a third mode. maybe solo online mode?

....uhhhh.....Where was this? Solo online would qualify as ONLINE. And unless you mean playing offline's story, online, it has already been said that online is custom characters that are online only.