PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testing??

vox3om
Jan 16, 2006, 11:30 AM
Well I dont think that anyone has posted anything about this. I just figured that since it is a PC MMORPG now...does anyone think they will conduct a beta test?

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 11:35 AM
On 2006-01-16 08:30, vox3om wrote:
Well I dont think that anyone has posted anything about this. I just figured that since it is a PC MMORPG now...does anyone think they will conduct a beta test?

Yes.

In japan.

Several months ago.

There would not be an american beta testing, as it was not developed here.

Nice thought though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

vox3om
Jan 16, 2006, 11:58 AM
Of course it's a nice thought. But oh well. Doesn't matter, I just can't wait till the game officially comes out and part of me is not disappointed by the later release date. I want an amazing PSO MMO to play and I don't care if it doesn't come out till 2007. It'll be even better the later it is released. Plus there may be a possibility of it being on some of the next-gen consoles.

DeathMachine
Jan 16, 2006, 12:03 PM
We complained about there not being an American Beta months ago. (MOOOOOOOOOOOM! Stupid Japan isn't sharing with us!)

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 12:13 PM
On 2006-01-16 09:03, DeathMachine wrote:
We complained about there not being an American Beta months ago. (MOOOOOOOOOOOM! Stupid Japan isn't sharing with us!)

Those crazy japanese and their technology...

We shared Grand Theft Auto with them, why cant they share their Psu and their grotesque vending machines?

DeathMachine
Jan 16, 2006, 12:25 PM
Shame shame. Wanting those pantie vendors, and asking Japan to share...you know they will never do either for Americans.

Yummi
Jan 16, 2006, 04:19 PM

A few offshoot, nonmainstream games do two beta tests in their original countries and in US. One game that I know have that was developed in Japan has done a beta test in both Jpn and US, ffxi. I wouldn't rule a US beta out entirely considering we have until summer or winter, beta probably wouldn't be more than 2 months anyway.

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-01-16 13:19, Yummi wrote:

A few offshoot, nonmainstream games do two beta tests in their original countries and in US. One game that I know have that was developed in Japan has done a beta test in both Jpn and US, ffxi. I wouldn't rule a US beta out entirely considering we have until summer or winter, beta probably wouldn't be more than 2 months anyway.

I suppose you may be right...

I did once beta test this one korean game...

So where would we look to participate in a beta test if there was one at all?

GaijinPUnch
Jan 16, 2006, 08:45 PM
No public beta test this time. In Japan, or the US. It was apparently done internally... which is damn scary, b/c I remember the days of the DC version 1 beta test, and I disconnected like a million times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-01-16 17:46 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 16, 2006, 11:18 PM
On 2006-01-16 09:25, DeathMachine wrote:
Shame shame. Wanting those pantie vendors, and asking Japan to share...you know they will never do either for Americans.

Don't you have the willpower to create your own said vending machines?

Surely US players can join in the beta sooner or later, same as DC, same as GC.

It will take some manuevering around the input fields for personal info- such as a mailing address and phone number in Japan, to get in, but people have and will do it if highly motivated.

The PSOW Episode 1&2 beta media wouldn't have been made without it!

And as such the guides to learning how to join the betas as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GaijinPUnch
Jan 17, 2006, 09:47 PM
Surely US players can join in the beta sooner or later,

Read the part in my previous post about no public beta test.

_Tek_
Jan 17, 2006, 11:38 PM
WHY DONT THEY JSUT RELEASE A DEMO!

I'd be satisfied with a character creation demo.

Brus
Jan 18, 2006, 12:43 AM
On 2006-01-17 20:38, _Tek_ wrote:
WHY DONT THEY JSUT RELEASE A DEMO!

I'd be satisfied with a character creation demo.

Yes, and Yes.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 18, 2006, 02:44 AM
On 2006-01-17 18:47, GaijinPUnch wrote:

Read the part in my previous post about no public beta test.

I saw that part

Prove the part about there not being one with anything, then I'm satisfied. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 18, 2006, 03:34 AM
if there had been a beta test, i'd have known about it. there hasn't been one in us or jp

GaijinPUnch
Jan 19, 2006, 12:18 AM
What Jonathan_F said. Why don't you prove there was one to satisfy yourself.

SirAri
Jan 19, 2006, 06:21 AM
Hooray for logical fallacies! Lack of proof is not proof! *Dances in circles* Weeeeee! XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirAri on 2006-01-19 05:29 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 10:44 AM
LMAO Ari, I couldnt have said it better. I wouldnt have come up with that. That post was great! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif