PDA

View Full Version : Section ID

vox3om
Jan 16, 2006, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know if there are going to be Section ID's in PSU. And if there are, what affects the Section ID that you receive?

ajenteks
Jan 16, 2006, 06:10 PM
On 2006-01-16 15:03, vox3om wrote:
Does anyone know if there are going to be Section ID's in PSU. And if there are, what affects the Section ID that you receive?

Bleh, I really hope they aren't brought over.

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 06:19 PM
Nothing was more annoying than creating the most badass character alive, and then being classified as a pinkal. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirAri on 2006-01-16 15:19 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jan 16, 2006, 06:22 PM
On 2006-01-16 15:19, SirAri wrote:
Nothing was more annoying than creating the most badass character alive, and then being classified as a pinkal. XD

Heh, you and about 2000 other people who made an all black character named "Death Hunter" then had to add 00118 at the end.

But anyways, not necessarily "Section ID" but some kind of classification system. I want access to all normal items, but perhaps the REALLY rare items or special PM things will help to have an ID.

DamonKatu
Jan 16, 2006, 06:52 PM
On 2006-01-16 15:22, Dre_o wrote:

On 2006-01-16 15:19, SirAri wrote:

Heh, you and about 2000 other people who made an all black character named "Death Hunter" then had to add 00118 at the end.

But anyways, not necessarily "Section ID" but some kind of classification system. I want access to all normal items, but perhaps the REALLY rare items or special PM things will help to have an ID.

ROFL that's a funny and true fact. lol I love my redria hehehe

I agree. I like the weapons but love the rare items. (dont we all?)

OdinTyler
Jan 16, 2006, 10:22 PM
We had a LONG topic about this before. A return of SectionIDs would be a horrible idea. Now with more ppl potentially on this game than before, its not going to work out. It really wouldnt pay to have it done. Besides, the customization for char is more than likely based on how you raise your char, with the trees that we know of. To add on SectID would just add to the complexity unnecessarily.

littleman2347
Jan 17, 2006, 04:17 PM
I like them ,but I would like to pick my own section id or be able to customize it to make it look cool like on halo2 sorta kinda.

Nash
Jan 17, 2006, 05:03 PM
I didn't mind section ID's.

It just emphasised the teamwork aspect of the game, and meant you could vary things by having a 'Redria game' or whatever depending on who created the team. It encouraged people to seek out other players of different ID's.

If they are going to make solo-ing possible online, by using the PM's, then I hope we do have something like section ID's. If everyone could find everything then things just wouldn't be as interesting. It's nice to know that your type of character stands more chance of finding that certain weapon you want.

There'd be a real reason for having the player shops then as well, to obtain the items you can't find. And you know which items a player would have more of based on his ID.

DizzyDi
Jan 17, 2006, 09:37 PM
I'm kinda on the fence about having section IDs on PSU. On one hand, like Nash said, sections IDs would promote trading and player shops amongst the different IDs. OOOOOON the other hand, I'unno why the idea just seems kinda lame to me, and redundant with all the character customization. Pretty much all the aspects of your character are up to you, but you're stuck with some lame computer-generated ID? WUTEV.

DeathMachine
Jan 17, 2006, 10:41 PM
I have Viridia. I never find anything good. All I find are METEOR SMASH or FINAL IMPACT. I have a HUcast. THEY DO ME NO GOOD. Sec IDs would only hold back certain characters, while benefiting a few who take advantage of it.

_Tek_
Jan 17, 2006, 11:36 PM
if only certain rare drop were related to how you build your character. So in PSU if you went all guns, and got a high level in that your chances of finding rares may increase, or if it quest based. Beat the quest gain a rare.

Dre_o
Jan 17, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-01-17 20:36, _Tek_ wrote:
or if it quest based. Beat the quest gain a rare.

Nah, if it was like that, the rares would have to be crappy usually, (which we can ALL agree that we don't want) or the mission would have to be INSANELY difficult. But still.

BeatZero
Jan 18, 2006, 12:28 AM
I kinda liked the rare drop system of PSO, it made you play with others to get the stuff you want, but I would want to be able to pick my ID, instead of it being assigned based on name, it limited me to using names that wouldn't be my first choice so I could get a good ID.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 18, 2006, 12:53 AM
I liked section ID's in the sense that they could make you unique.... For example... I was one of very few people to use an Imperial Pick as one of my main weapons. why? because no one likes bluefull, and most people usually prefer swords to partisans... And why use the Pick when there are clearly better partisans? Because you are Bluefull, and no one else has it! thats why =)

But they really do need a method other than your name to decide on which ID you get...