PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS THE STUPIDEST GAME FOR CLANS

RADiaNtVOiD
Jan 16, 2006, 06:07 PM
oh my gosh pso has to be the worst game to have clans in as far as in game clans. THERE IS NO CONTROL SO WHY EVEN HAVE THEM!!! games like Guild Wars and Ragnarok and other MMORPGs where every body in you clan has the same flag or the same decoration on a cape and that only ONE person can invite them into the clan in the first place. But clans like RNS, SQ, and others like that where all you have to do is name glitch yourself to get in and nobody will ever know the difference and then that entire fake CLAN WARS where if you get in a VERBAL fight the one who loses tells the rest of his clan and then they ALL jump you and are like, "HEY PANZY ASS we heard you were talking shit to one of our members and now all of us want to use our softmodded characters and battle you because one of our panzy ass members started crying because you stood up against his insults towards you and everyone else in the lobby. And since our members can only resort to A VIDEOGAME BATTLE because we cant handle VERBAL CONFRONTATIONS cause we are all retards who got our fathers or neighbors to softmod our xboxs so that we can feel significant in a videogame because of the lack of love we experience in real life from our parents."

Sorry but this is my RANTING you dont have to have an opinion im just getting this off my chest....if this is the wrong place im sorry...just move it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RADiaNtVOiD on 2006-01-16 15:23 ]</font>

Dek
Jan 16, 2006, 06:14 PM
Actually, there IS control when it comes to a team on PSO...

However, that control is determined by the users

KaFKa
Jan 16, 2006, 06:21 PM
I would disagree, but that vomit you just posted made no clear point, so I would be disagreeing with nothing, in turn agreeing with everything, Wich would mean I agree with people I don't like, wich I don't, and...

Well, the point of this post is to point out to you that you are indeed, an idiot.
[edit]
Also, you get a 'guild' of friends and you have perfect control over your games in that you can fill them with guildmates. And if you only want 2-3 people in the game, lock it.

Finally, you should go back to Vega-01. You fit in much better there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2006-01-16 15:22 ]</font>

RADiaNtVOiD
Jan 16, 2006, 06:21 PM
What i mean is when there is a clan and somebody wants to be in it all they have to do is change there name. THEY DONT HAVE TO BE INVITED AND THEY CANT BE FORCED TO LEAVE! an exception would if they were kicked off by the game of course or some other method provided by hacking....that is what i am talking about. ITS CHAOS there is only some selfproclaimed leader and his appointed people to help him or wutever. They may tell you your kicked out but then wut? the person doesnt have to change his name, there is no force. THAT is what i mean by no control. If there was a Clan Guild that inforced rules or something like there is on other games, that would be different.

SirAri
Jan 16, 2006, 06:37 PM
On 2006-01-16 15:21, KaFKa wrote:
I would disagree, but that vomit you just posted made no clear point, so I would be disagreeing with nothing, in turn agreeing with everything, Wich would mean I agree with people I don't like, wich I don't, and...

Well, the point of this post is to point out to you that you are indeed, an idiot.
[edit]
Also, you get a 'guild' of friends and you have perfect control over your games in that you can fill them with guildmates. And if you only want 2-3 people in the game, lock it.

Finally, you should go back to Vega-01. You fit in much better there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2006-01-16 15:22 ]</font>

Also, if someone in your guild acts out, kick them out.

Or if someone pretends to be in your guild who isnt, calmly state to the people offended that the person they saw was not affiliated with your guild.

Also, flipping out never helps anyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirAri on 2006-01-16 15:38 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jan 16, 2006, 06:46 PM
Did anyone ever really claim that PSO was a clan type game? I don't remember the GC/XBox versions being praised for being good to clans.

BB is a bit more clan oriented. If you actually care about clans, try BB.

On this board, the "clan"/team feature is a great way for staying in touch with some friends, and organizing events with those friends without sending singular PMs/IMs.

KodiaX987
Jan 16, 2006, 07:23 PM
You don't know how to operate a clan. If you do, you only know how to operate one type of clan and assume that every single damned clan in the universe works this way.

I've got some tragic news for you and your soon-to-stroke little heart: they don't.

PSO isn't a competitive game. It's a cooperative game. Right there, that should ring a bell inside the nice echo-y cathedral inside your head that things will operate a bit differently. But no. You assumed clans were implemented because they're cool and create competition, and not a single person employed by Sega noticed that aside from deathmatch battles, competition was nonexistent. Feel free to tell me how an entire company full of engineers, programmers and managers could overlook that. Sega might not be the shapest bunch of tools in the shed but they aren't imbeciles either.

Ever played golf? Yeah! It's like PSO except you whack balls instead of monsters. And you do that game in teams of four! What a coincidence. Anyway. When you've played a few games around your neighborhood, you'll realize that there's a place you like a lot because the members of that club are nice people and you like being around them. So what do you do? You join that club. And by doing that, you get a nice little directory of everybody in it so that you can call them up one fine morning and schedule a foursome.

PSO? Exactly the same. A Team is like a super-party where everyone knows they'll get along with each other. You're up for a game, you open the team directory, see who's online and ask if they want to get it on. Simple as that. There's no flag, there's no patriotism or some other form of stupid fanboy pride. It's "Hey, want to start a game?"

If you downloaded PSO just to player-kill, you most likely didn't browse through the website well enough.

Zelutos
Jan 17, 2006, 02:05 AM
It's about bringing people together to play. Doesn't matter if there's not *real* way to create teams in the game. Remember that for next time.

Skorpius
Jan 17, 2006, 02:25 AM
http://www.psobb.com/guide/team/index.php
^_^

Zelutos
Jan 17, 2006, 03:02 AM
On 2006-01-16 23:25, Skorpius wrote:
http://www.psobb.com/guide/team/index.php
^_^

You and all your linking today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Mixfortune
Jan 18, 2006, 08:28 AM
What the OP is referring to is when there is either no automatic guild system within the game and it goes off of names, or when some random player decides its fun to switch their name/guild tag by a glitch or other means, into a certain guild and then go about destroying that guild's reputation.

It could be someone who has an issue with that guild, or someone who justs wants to mess around and cause problems and drama and seeing how everyone makes it unfold.

Basically all that can be done is to tell others that this random person is not really affiliated with your guild, but online games and the internet in particular tend to pose an environment where once something begins it can be difficult to cease. Some may simply not believe that guild, or choose to ignore it in order to continue said drama.

And you can't kick the offender out. They're not even in the guild in the first place. They just appear to be. That's what the OP is talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2006-01-18 05:30 ]</font>

Lusky
Jan 19, 2006, 06:04 PM
Solo? You don't have to join a team. Or you can make a temp. team?

RADiaNtVOiD
Jan 19, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-01-18 05:28, Mixfortune wrote:
What the OP is referring to is when there is either no automatic guild system within the game and it goes off of names, or when some random player decides its fun to switch their name/guild tag by a glitch or other means, into a certain guild and then go about destroying that guild's reputation.

It could be someone who has an issue with that guild, or someone who justs wants to mess around and cause problems and drama and seeing how everyone makes it unfold.

Basically all that can be done is to tell others that this random person is not really affiliated with your guild, but online games and the internet in particular tend to pose an environment where once something begins it can be difficult to cease. Some may simply not believe that guild, or choose to ignore it in order to continue said drama.

And you can't kick the offender out. They're not even in the guild in the first place. They just appear to be. That's what the OP is talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2006-01-18 05:30 ]</font>

this is my point exactly thank you

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2006, 01:29 PM

But PSOW had the team system, on the boards, before BB was even announced. I also know of many groups of players that started their own forums. Even on the boards accessable through the GC web browser, there were little usergroups that were groups of people that played together.

Just because there was no official guild system doesn't mean it's impossible to make a system yourself. And even without these systems, you could still do it. The biggest 'guild' I can think of, on GC, were the "BA6ers", a group of short, ponytailed HUmars that only played Battle Rule 6.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 04:51 PM
I could do the noob thing and come back with a "OMG, J00 4r3 d4 //ub, f0r r3415! l4//1!", because I happen to like PSO BB, but you're right. The Clan system is a bit odd and un needed.

Derek0660
Jan 27, 2006, 06:09 PM
There is a racing game that I play that has clans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mixfortune
Jan 28, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-01-20 10:29, Skorpius wrote:

But PSOW had the team system, on the boards, before BB was even announced. I also know of many groups of players that started their own forums. Even on the boards accessable through the GC web browser, there were little usergroups that were groups of people that played together.

Just because there was no official guild system doesn't mean it's impossible to make a system yourself. And even without these systems, you could still do it. The biggest 'guild' I can think of, on GC, were the "BA6ers", a group of short, ponytailed HUmars that only played Battle Rule 6.

You're correct.
As far as PSO goes, it's not as bad, definitely. He seemed to go on to continue more towards other games as well, though.

It's also true my post was directed more towards some of the other posts. You can't "remove" them or anything like what some of the posts were suggesting.

And well, everyone else would have to know about the usergroups and such as well... but anyways, the whole "whoa he made his name look like he was part of my clan or haxed his clan tag into mine" seems to be more often in certain other games anyways, not so much PSO.

Tkinc
Feb 6, 2006, 02:46 PM
I'm not too particular if the game was designed for clans. Hey! It's not like Kal Online where you would have guild wars right! It all comes down to this. PSO is a game where you play online with friends together and chat- rather than being in a 'clan'- heck- in reality, do you see everyone in some particular clan? No. This game was specifically designed for playing with friends and was OBVIOUSLY not given the great benefits of using a guild. What do you get off of a guild anyway- recognition? Pfff, yeah...

Eanae
Feb 7, 2006, 04:23 PM
I do enjoy in depth clan play. Lineage II (http://7of12.co.uk/coppertowncastle/images/clan%2Dw00t.JPG) is probably my favorite clan system in a game. The entire game is very clan based with raids on castles, pvp wars, quests, etc. The PSOBB system wasn't THAT bad thought. If you compare it to systems like FFXI and there isn't much to complain about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif