PDA

View Full Version : M4V Conversion

KodiaX987
Jan 16, 2006, 11:31 PM
I downloaded a podcast video clip in M4V format. Unfortunately, my computer can't read it, and thus I'm looking to convert it to a format that's a bit more widespread.

I tried ImTOO Converter. The end result was two seconds of sound. I was supposed to get two and a half minutes of video AND sound.

Then I tried mp4creator. It claimed the original file didn't have a signature and brutally shut down.

I tried looking for something else, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Firocket1690
Jan 17, 2006, 10:43 PM
If I recall, it's an apple format, intended for the newer ipods. Might have better luck poking at apple-related locations. I'm pretty sure the newest quicktime player can probably read it too.

Oh, and instrad of reformatting to something more .. conventional, why not just find winamp plugins and whatever and keep it as is? .. Or is it of ridiciulous quality that it should be compressed?

All else fails, apple.com ftw.

Oh, and If I'm reading this (http://rasterweb.net/raster/2006/01/04/apple-about-this-m4v-thing/) correctly, a simple renaming of the file should make it a bit more conventional. Then again, Isn't mp4 an audio file? Who knows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-01-17 19:44 ]</font>

Deuce
Jan 18, 2006, 02:20 PM
Try Quicktime to read it. M4V is psp format as well which plays fine on newer versions of Quicktime.