PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Driving Exam

Eihwaz
Jan 16, 2006, 11:59 PM
Okay! Mom got a speeding ticket, so to clear it from her record, she chose to watch the 6 hour video on driver safety, and then take the test on the internet.

The test asks the most pointless questions. Most of the questions are not questions about driving safety; most of them are about stupid little details of the video. "What was so-and-so drinking?" "What clothes were so-and-so wearing?" What the fuck does that matter? How does that have ANYTHING to do with driving safely?

Also. To mom. READ the damn materials. It clearly says on the back of the DVD to sign up online BEFORE you watch the tapes, not after. The stupid testing site is set up like thus: you register, then you have to wait an hour (assuming you're watching the video), then take the test, then take an hour and ten minutes , then take the next test, so on.

So, in conclusion: mom, read the damn MATERIAL next time. Test-making people: please stop being so fucking stupid.

Firocket1690
Jan 17, 2006, 10:49 PM
Could be worse.
Well, if she was given a choice, I assume a fine was the other option. :3

No idea where you live, but here, almost anything will result in at least a fine, no options, so consider you guys lucky.

Instructions ftw!

Oh, and firo passed a driver's exam about a month ago. firo ftw as well. :3

Jehosaphaty
Jan 18, 2006, 02:03 PM
my mom was recently in a small fender-bender, and the funny story that came out of her class she had to take to get the inncident swiped off her record for insurance purposes, was this old guy, like 78, was driving when a car passed him going like 90. thirty or so seconds later, he sees a cop's lights flashing in his rear-view mirror and a woman cop gets out and tells him she clocked him going 90 in a 55 zone. he tried to explain that it was a car that had just passed him, but she wouldnt hear of it and slapped him with a ticket. the real kicker was the poor old guy was from indiana and this happend in illinois and he wasnt sure if he could take the class elsewhere so he drove like over four hours and got a motel for the night just to take this class. now thats sucky.

Lusky
Jan 18, 2006, 10:41 PM
I'm a bit nervous about driving actually. Everytime I get behind a virtual wheel I have this feeling as if playing burnout to just take everything out. Quite sorry to hear about your problem but not sure I understood it. Your mother read the material then registered... If thats right wouldn't that be better for her to study up un what name-brand so-and-so was wearing? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

P.S. Please ignore the smiley, I just like it.

KaFKa
Jan 22, 2006, 08:51 PM
The questions were meant to ensure people were paying attention to the video, wich has subliminal messages and whatnot in them (I went to one of those driving courses to get a speeding ticket reduced).

Human conditioning and herding of the sheep.

Also, to the above poster, smack yourself into reality when you get in the simulator, you arent playing a videogame, your playing with people's lives.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2006-01-22 17:52 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Jan 22, 2006, 10:11 PM
I've never personally had to retake an exam or watch any movie of the like, but I have to agree with Kafka. The reason why the exam probably was nit-picky about minor details is to ensure that the driver is using his/her full vision to see his/her surroundings.

I remember taking the driving class in high school, and I vividly remember the instructor - both during simulation and actual driving - telling us to keep our eyes moving and not focused on the yellow lines in the middle of the road ('tunnel vision' is the technical term it's called, I think). There's a reason for this: unexpected things can, and most likely will, happen. If you're not paying attention to minor details, you may not see the shadow or the frizzy hair of a 5-year-old kid about to step out from behind a parked car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-01-22 19:12 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jan 23, 2006, 06:55 PM
Oh well. Mom passed the test. Yay! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KaFKa
Jan 23, 2006, 07:54 PM
Completely off topic, but your sig officially wins, WraithVerge.

WraithVerge
Jan 24, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-01-23 16:54, KaFKa wrote:
Completely off topic, but your sig officially wins, WraithVerge.

Off-topic response: Thank you. I like yours as well since it's also the same one you had on Rubbish's forum. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

WraithVerge
Jan 24, 2006, 01:11 AM
On 2006-01-23 15:55, Eihwaz wrote:
Oh well. Mom passed the test. Yay! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And back on topic: congrats to your mom!