PDA

View Full Version : lobby

littleman2347
Jan 17, 2006, 04:33 PM
Ya read the thing on the lobby and that it will be able to host up to a 100 people like regular lobby's will you make your game at a counter like in the original pso's. If that is not the case will you just leave the area and go to a city and just play. We know that we will be able to do more than just move around and talk like in PSO. we will be able to trade items buy items make party's ,but as fare as i read i dont see anything about joining a game that is why i think we just go some where else then start playing. I thing that will make the game more fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2006-01-17 13:34 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Jan 17, 2006, 04:54 PM
Well, "Lobbies" in PSU will basically be giant cities with different levels... at least from my understanding anyway. There may be levels for shopping, socializing and even one for forming parties to go hunting.

Kano-Okami
Jan 17, 2006, 04:58 PM
Uh..I believe the team counter will still exist in PSU's lobbies. It would be un-necessary having a lobby, then have to go to somewhere else entirely to create/join a team.

OdinTyler
Jan 17, 2006, 08:30 PM
Not necessarily. The lobby as ppl still call it, is a huge city. Its separated by floors that are accessible through walking (of course) & escalators have been mentioned. Each floor will have certain areas designated. One of these floors has a dedicated spaceport (this is in the GC) & of course, youre certain to find My Room & shops somewhere among this gigantic mall of a city. As for grouping up, Im sure there will only be specific places to go for that. It wont be what we're used to from PSO where you hop to a different lobby & all you get is a lil counter to stand near. Far different...

zandra117
Jan 19, 2006, 12:47 PM
I think I have an idea about how the parties will work on PSU. You group up with people while you are in the lobby by sending them party invites. Then you can go to the counter and instead of creating a party you select a quest. Then you and your party go through the teleporter that becomes active after you start a quest to begin fighting monsters. You can send more party invites while you are in the field and when the people in the lobby accept the invites they can see the activated teleporter and all the telepipes that you and the rest of your party have made in the lobby. They can then go through the teleporter or telepipes to join you in the field.

DamonKatu
Jan 19, 2006, 01:50 PM
On 2006-01-17 17:30, OdinTyler wrote:
Not necessarily. The lobby as ppl still call it, is a huge city. Its separated by floors that are accessible through walking (of course) & escalators have been mentioned. Each floor will have certain areas designated. One of these floors has a dedicated spaceport (this is in the GC) & of course, youre certain to find My Room & shops somewhere among this gigantic mall of a city. As for grouping up, Im sure there will only be specific places to go for that. It wont be what we're used to from PSO where you hop to a different lobby & all you get is a lil counter to stand near. Far different...

I wounder if there's a eatery or something fermilar in the city. That makes me wounder if I can teleport to "my room" without walking buy butt off. XD I need to work off my tubby legs; im lean but all the weaght goes down x.x (oops off subject)

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 03:05 PM
What does that have to do with your char? If you make your char fat, its not like you could reproportion him/her to lose weight like in the Addicting Food quest. That quest was high on the ridiculous meter as she suddenly lost so much weight. Pfft...riiiiiiight!

CherryLunar
Jan 19, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-01-19 10:50, DamonKatu wrote:

On 2006-01-17 17:30, OdinTyler wrote:

I wounder if there's a eatery or something fermilar in the city. That makes me wounder if I can teleport to "my room" without walking buy butt off. XD I need to work off my tubby legs; im lean but all the weaght goes down x.x (oops off subject)

That would be so cool! Perhaps it would work something like FFXI, where it would help your stats temporarily and whatnot.

On 2006-01-19 12:05, OdinTyler wrote:
...like in the Addicting Food quest. That quest was high on the ridiculous meter as she suddenly lost so much weight. Pfft...riiiiiiight!

She lost bonemass also. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif