PDA

View Full Version : Many Questions

Genoa
Jan 18, 2006, 11:08 AM
Some of these might have been answered... but I can't find the answers to my questions >_> so here goes:

1. Will there be teams like PSOBB?
2. Just because a race in inefficient with a type of combat, does that elminate them from equiping certain items? (like Forces couldn't use Swords, Androids couldn't use Wands, etc...)
3. Will there be "rares"? Or just rare upgrades to your weapons?
4. Will there be classes of weapons that are rare only? (like how PSO had Twin Swords, Cards, etc... they were only found as rares, not standard weaponry)
5. What time frame does PSU take place? (AUW?)
6. If PSU supposedly takes place after PSO's episodes 1-4... what happend to Pioneer 2 and Ragol? Where did this "Graal System" come about?
7. Do races have any bonus'? Like in there skills, bullets, techniques, HP/TP regeneration, etc...
8. Does Gender effect the character at all?
9. What are all the catagories of equipment? (Weapons, Armors, etc...)
10. What are all the character's attributes? (ATP, EVP, etc..)
11. Are all items bought or is there a drop rate?
12. If items can be found, is there one large drop chart or diverse ways of finding items such as Section ID's >_>
13. When did humans develop Beasts? Was it recently in the Graal system?
14. Why is it you can choose character voice types... does this mean your character will be able to speak in parts of the game online? Or is it just Battle voices during combat?
15. How exactly does the technique/weapon thing work?
16. When your "Partner Machinery" becomes high enough to take with you on your adventures... what exactly does that do for you while he's with you? Does he boosts attributes? Fight with you? What?! >_>
17. Does your character name have any bearing on the game?
18. For PS2, is a Keyboard required to play? Or just recommended?
19. Do online characters save on the server or on the PC/PS2 memory Card?... because I ph34r data corruption >_>
20. How many characters can be saved? For PS2 and PC?
21. I hear it's 8GB's to install PSU on the PC... how much space would it take for PSU on the PS2 Memory Card? Should I just go get a new card and deticate it PSU alone?
22. Which version of the PS2 is recommended for PSU?
23. I hear PS2 and PC players are connected to the same servers.... but is there any advantages/limitations to either system?

All I can think of right now... Sorry if these questions were answered somewhere else, I just couldn't find it >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-01-18 08:12 ]</font>

Yummi
Jan 18, 2006, 11:29 AM
On 2006-01-18 08:08, MegamanX wrote:
Some of these might have been answered... but I can't find the answers to my questions >_> so here goes:

2. Just because a race in inefficient with a type of combat, does that elminate them from equiping certain items? (like Forces couldn't use Swords, Androids couldn't use Wands, etc...)
4. Will there be classes of weapons that are rare only? (like how PSO had Twin Swords, Cards, etc... they were only found as rares, not standard weaponry)
6. If PSU supposedly takes place after PSO's episodes 1-4... what happend to Pioneer 2 and Ragol? Where did this "Graal System" come about?
7. Do races have any bonus'? Like in there skills, bullets, techniques, HP/TP regeneration, etc...
12. If items can be found, is there one large drop chart or diverse ways of finding items such as Section ID's >_>
14. Why is it you can choose character voice types... does this mean your character will be able to speak in parts of the game online? Or is it just Battle voices during combat?
16. When your "Partner Machinery" becomes high enough to take with you on your adventures... what exactly does that do for you while he's with you? Does he boosts attributes? Fight with you? What?! >_>
19. Do online characters save on the server or on the PC/PS2 memory Card?... because I ph34r data corruption >_>
21. I hear it's 8GB's to install PSU on the PC... how much space would it take for PSU on the PS2 Memory Card? Should I just go get a new card and deticate it PSU alone?
23. I hear PS2 and PC players are connected to the same servers.... but is there any advantages/limitations to either system?

All I can think of right now... Sorry if these questions were answered somewhere else, I just couldn't find it >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-01-18 08:12 ]</font>

I can answer four of those questions, the characters are saved server side and I think you should probably buy a memory card just for PSU considering they will store patches and what not. 8MB really isn't alot as it is, and you'll probably be able to fill the entire thing if you play for a while. Items im sure they are dropped but there are shops in the lobbies too, and as far as it's known any race can study to be any of the 3 class-types I'm sure there are restrictions but I couldn't really tell you what.

The rest I dont know, maybe you should check the compiled info under the PSU section of this site I saw a few questions of yours that could be answered in that section.

DeathMachine
Jan 18, 2006, 11:30 AM
Most, if not all, are answered in Lovejuice's FAQ sticky at the top of the topic list.

Ryna
Jan 18, 2006, 02:04 PM
1. There has been no mention of a team system yet.
2. It is speculated that races will be able to use all weapons types if their class type level is high enough.
3. There has been no confirmation of that. However, you can expect there will be rare weapons.
4. We don't know yet.
5. PSU takes place in its own universe.
6. It is a different continuity. PSU just borrows concepts from previous games.
7. Beasts will have Nanoblasts and Casts SUV-Weapons (Look at the Race-Specialties guide)
8. We don't know whether it will affects the character's stats or not.
9. Look at the Weapons guide.
10. We don't know what all of the stats are yet. We know there will be things like ATP and ATA.
11. We don't know.
12. We don't know yet.
13. Look at the Races guide.
14. I'm skipping this one.
15. Look at the Weapon and Technique guides. If you have additional questions, post after reading it.
16. We do not know the specifics yet. We know that one evolution will be able to fight along-side you.
17. We don't know.
18. Probably not required, but recommended.
19. Online characters will be saved on the server.
20. We don't know how many online characters you will have. For offline mode, you'll only have Ethan...
21. Considering that only "offline" information will be saved on the card, you probably won't need that much space.
22. You can use either version of the PS2.
23. They are connected to the same servers. What is the disadvantage of this scheme? No significant patching against hacks.

ajenteks
Jan 18, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-01-18 11:04, Ryna wrote:

23. They are connected to the same servers. What is the disadvantage of this scheme? No significant patching against hacks.

No significant [client-side] patching against hacks.

SirAri
Jan 18, 2006, 04:19 PM

Think soul caliber 3.

Its most likely just for battle grunts.

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 06:14 PM

Rather than read all the replies posted, just thought Id put in my 2 meseta. Here are the answers to your questions, in order:

1. Most likely, no.
2. No.
3. Most likely & yes in that order.
4. Most likely.
5. Unknown but the trend is 1000 years after, so expect AW4084 or so.
6. Everything is supposedly explained about Ragol by EpisodeIV. I dont own III or IV so I cant tell you for sure. PSU is a new series, thus, new planetary system.
7. Theres always bonuses & reasons to play a particular race.
8. Nope. Youre male or female by choice.
9. Its pretty generalized at the moment. We're learning more as we get info.
10. Unknown but it should be standard fare.
11. Both.
12. Not yet as theres no info on if theres SectionIDs.
13. Beasts were developed fairly long ago in Graal. There should be a history in the Beasts section.
14. Most likely, battle voices. Lines of speech would be a bit much to fit in (but would be great).
15. Techniques can be stored on force type weps. So far thats the only way we know of that theyre usable in the game.
16. Unknown except they can attack in battle, that much is known. As for stats, who knows?
17. Unknown. Lets hope not.
18. Only needed if you actually want to type. Pressing buttons for letters gets tedious. Best to get a kb. Trust me!
19. Chars will be server side. However, info will be stored on the memory card. If you need room, invest in a new card (as I will be).
20. Sources say 4 but at the moment, unknown.
21. We'd have to know how many chars you can get before we know how much storage space you require.
22. You can get either version as PSU doesnt use the HDD. If your system works fine, stick with it.
23. Yes, the servers are supposed to be linked. Well, with PC you get higher resolution. PS2 you can sit more comfortably & play. That & what you actually own varies from player to player.

Genoa
Jan 18, 2006, 09:37 PM
I knew if I posted my questions someone would post a smart remark... I told you already I looked... Sorry I didn't spend my whole day looking up every link? Geeze....

Anyways... thank you for those who actually gave me a response that answered most of my questions and had something significant to add to the thread...

DarK-SuN
Jan 18, 2006, 09:39 PM
It was already said that the PS2 version will have patches, much in the way games like Monster Hunter and Killzone have.
The patches are in fact new executables and scripts which are saved into the memory card, which are then loaded when you go online.
In other words, PSU for the PS2 will be just as patchable as the PC version when it comes to executable updates to fix critical problems online.

Genoa
Jan 18, 2006, 09:46 PM
So... should I get maybe one of those larger PS2 Memory Cards like the 16MB?... But I don't like the off-brand products... they're tend to corrupt >_> ... but will a whole 8MB be enough after all the patches? .... hmm... anyone have a recomendation for a good memory card with lots of space? O_o?

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-01-18 18:46, MegamanX wrote:
So... should I get maybe one of those larger PS2 Memory Cards like the 16MB?... But I don't like the off-brand products... they're tend to corrupt >_> ... but will a whole 8MB be enough after all the patches? .... hmm... anyone have a recomendation for a good memory card with lots of space? O_o?

Your welcome MMX. I wrote a long enough reply. LOL Btw, DONT get a larger mem card. Sony doesnt make larger cards so the higher capacity ones are 3rd party. Ive used 3rd party ones for an older system & all it caused was heartache in the form of erasing months worth of my data. DONT do it to yourself. Idk about you but Im getting a brand new card just for PSU. Chars being saved on the server, the card will be used for char info & online profile stuff (like with PSO) & some patch info will be stored both on your acct & possibly your card. In other words, yes, one card will be enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genoa
Jan 19, 2006, 10:43 AM
On 2006-01-18 19:17, OdinTyler wrote:
Your welcome MMX. I wrote a long enough reply. LOL Btw, DONT get a larger mem card. Sony doesnt make larger cards so the higher capacity ones are 3rd party. Ive used 3rd party ones for an older system & all it caused was heartache in the form of erasing months worth of my data. DONT do it to yourself. Idk about you but Im getting a brand new card just for PSU. Chars being saved on the server, the card will be used for char info & online profile stuff (like with PSO) & some patch info will be stored both on your acct & possibly your card. In other words, yes, one card will be enough. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alrighty, sounds like a plan. I hate 3rd party accessories... Controllers will either break or become undesirable due to malfunctions... Memory Cards will corrupt data more often... >_>

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2006, 10:45 AM
Exactly. I learned the hard way for mem cards: stick with the company brand. Yeah they charge more (& they know this), but, theyre far more reliable. I believe the PS2 card is the largest company created card I know of for any system Ive ever owned. 8MB is nothing to sneeze at for game data. Its really not bad. Considering Ill have one dedicated to one game, I think Ill be fine. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif