PDA

View Full Version : Will Offline have holiday items?

Lusky
Jan 20, 2006, 12:05 AM
Always being restricted by my "fees", I have never been able to go online, for holiday monsters. Will PSU feature "holidays" or am I stuck with offline stuff. Do you think that PSU will even have holidays?

So Discuss and Speculate please.

Dre_o
Jan 20, 2006, 12:07 AM
Well, we don't know so far. With reality aside, I hope to god that they have holidays. Being able to decorate my room with a Christmas tree and havin my friends over for a Rare Swap would be swweeeetttt.

Inazuma
Jan 20, 2006, 12:07 AM
prob not cuz its just a traditional offline rpg.

Tomeeboy
Jan 23, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'm sure the online portion of the game will have some kind of holiday features. The offline game, however, will likely have no such effects.

OdinTyler
Jan 23, 2006, 12:47 PM
Since we now have new rooms, we should be able to buy decorations for the room. Even tho outside it might be Easter, maybe you want it to be Christmas in your crib. Decorations you can have up anytime you want would rock. Lets hope so!

Nash
Jan 23, 2006, 12:57 PM
As the online lobbies now seem to be the same as the cities in the offline game, I think there is a chance you will have holiday events offline as well as online. Especially in Extra Mode.

Will just have to play with the date setting on the PS2/PC when it's released to find out. Although that would make it a bit easier to get any holiday items than online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-01-23 09:59 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
Thats it! Christmas 24/7! Jingle bells, DarkFalz smells...LA LA LA LA LAAAAA! LMAO

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 23, 2006, 01:14 PM
Would be nice but likely that will remain online only since holidays are server side anyways, unless they programed holidays in the offline version and people would change the clock on their PS2 or PC just to get a holiday.

vox3om
Jan 23, 2006, 03:55 PM
On 2006-01-23 09:47, OdinTyler wrote:
Since we now have new rooms, we should be able to buy decorations for the room. Even tho outside it might be Easter, maybe you want it to be Christmas in your crib. Decorations you can have up anytime you want would rock. Lets hope so!

This would be AWESOME! but we also must remember that since it is not solely a PC game, such items may be hard to provide for people playing the PS2 version since updates will be more difficult. Am I right?

OdinTyler
Jan 23, 2006, 04:19 PM
I dont see why it would be a problem. Something that can be graphically represented on both a PS2 or a PC. Wreaths, bells, garland & the like for Christmas, for example. With ST's mention of buying other outfits & being able to create a shop from home, why not the ability to further dress up your home right? Its already been said that you could change the look of your wall & floor. Various festive holiday decor couldnt be that far behind.

vox3om
Jan 23, 2006, 05:19 PM
Oh I understand. I'm not saying it can't happen. But the idea of them only offering those items during special seasons? Is that possible?

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 23, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-01-23 13:19, OdinTyler wrote:
I dont see why it would be a problem. Something that can be graphically represented on both a PS2 or a PC. Wreaths, bells, garland & the like for Christmas, for example. With ST's mention of buying other outfits & being able to create a shop from home, why not the ability to further dress up your home right? Its already been said that you could change the look of your wall & floor. Various festive holiday decor couldnt be that far behind.

Be realistic about it, you're a realist remember?

OdinTyler
Jan 23, 2006, 07:56 PM
God forbid Im open to the possibility of something REALISTICALLY happening, based on the info we've been given concerning My Room.

(ignores your foul mood)

SirAri
Jan 23, 2006, 08:10 PM
oooo... Negative vibes...

As for my opinion, I don't think that chirstmas things will be availible offline.

Just because.

vox3om
Jan 23, 2006, 08:56 PM
I would LOVE it if this was something that would be available on the online mode. I agree though, I do not believe that there will be any such thing on the offline mode. Just my opinion...

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 10:38 AM
LOL I wasnt paying attention to the title of the topic. I was thinking of these items for online. Still tho, there would have to be something Ethan could get to decorate. Maybe trophies or some awards from when hes training with that android...whats his name? The old man.

Lusky
Jan 24, 2006, 07:15 PM
The whole soft reset deal is just to easy right?

Lovejuice
Jan 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
I've just been drifting over some Imageboards, and came across this scan:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/273/11382850163064is.jpg

While I don't think it reveals anything overly new (and most likely comes from another article, which we'll save a new topic for should it surface, I guess), it does show something quite interesting, which I've cropped out below and fiddled with:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/75/myxmasroom1xq.jpg

Is that a Christmas themed 'My Room'? Or just a rather kitsch red, white and green colour scheme?

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2006, 11:41 AM
WOAH! HOLY CRAP! That is most definitely a Christmas-themed room...& a pretty awesome one at that. Good find, dude!

DeathMachine
Jan 26, 2006, 02:31 PM
What rare item would you get for Arbor Day? A stick?
What about Ground Hog Day? A Grounghog Mallet?

Tomeeboy
Jan 26, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-01-26 08:36, Lovejuice wrote:
I've just been drifting over some Imageboards, and came across this scan:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/273/11382850163064is.jpg

While I don't think it reveals anything overly new (and most likely comes from another article, which we'll save a new topic for should it surface, I guess), it does show something quite interesting, which I've cropped out below and fiddled with:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/75/myxmasroom1xq.jpg

Is that a Christmas themed 'My Room'? Or just a rather kitsch red, white and green colour scheme?

Complete with candy cane trim http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2006, 03:16 PM
On 2006-01-26 11:31, DeathMachine wrote:
What rare item would you get for Arbor Day? A stick?
What about Ground Hog Day? A Grounghog Mallet?

1. Arbor Day celebrates trees, not sticks.
2. The company mascot is a hedgehog. Ground Hog Day is specifically a US holiday.
3. Like before, only well known, world wide holidays would be celebrated. I do agree that more should be added to the list, but, 1&2 will not be part of that.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 26, 2006, 03:21 PM
A Valentine themed room that could be possible I think

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2006, 04:26 PM
Oh great, I can see it now: Chef's Love Shack. LMAO

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 28, 2006, 01:28 PM
On 2006-01-26 13:26, OdinTyler wrote:
Oh great, I can see it now: Chef's Love Shack. LMAO

with the wedding march music playing lol

OdinTyler
Jan 28, 2006, 01:45 PM
If you mean from PSIII, I do love that track. However, why would it play in the bedroom? Wouldnt marriage happen before...you know? I mean this is PS, things are done the old fashioned way.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 28, 2006, 01:58 PM
I mean the music played during Valentine and White Day some day in Japan) in the lobbies from PSO for gamecube and xbox.

OdinTyler
Jan 28, 2006, 02:00 PM
Oh. I remember that track then. I doubt theyd reuse the same music. New theme song may imply new songs, even if old holiday themes are used. I still believe you should be able to keep a favorite holiday theme in your room if you want. It doesnt HAVE to correspond with whats on the outside.

Tkinc
Feb 1, 2006, 07:02 PM
Maybe it might this time... Sega is delaying it's launch and we know not truely why... Co-Op- seasons?

By the way, I think ull need the PS2 Harddrive for the updates... just my guess?? or is that mem cards?

Ryna
Feb 1, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-02-01 16:02, Tkinc wrote:
By the way, I think ull need the PS2 Harddrive for the updates... just my guess?? or is that mem cards?

Updates will be stored on the memory card. PSU will not utilize the PS2 harddrive at all.