PDA

View Full Version : US Release Date Change

Nash
Jan 20, 2006, 03:47 PM
http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu

Fall 2006.

Even by Sega's standards I'm surprised at this.

Ryna
Jan 20, 2006, 03:48 PM
That was unexpected. I wonder if my email yesterday reminded them to update it? Anyways, I guess this places the US release date somewhere in Quarter 3 now.

I'll post this new on the front page in a little bit.

CyberKranz
Jan 20, 2006, 03:50 PM
damn I thought this game would be out before summer.

Alisha
Jan 20, 2006, 03:53 PM
*pulls the knife out of her heart* well at least this gives me time to level a few more jobs to 75 >.> and maybee the ffxi expansion will be out by then

ajenteks
Jan 20, 2006, 03:53 PM
Like I've said in the past, the must-have gift of Christmas '06 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SirAri
Jan 20, 2006, 04:06 PM
I died 6 times before I hit the ground.

How could sega do this to me?

I've been loyal for so long...

I even said it was a shame when games stopped being made for the dreamcast...

And now this?

Sega... Do you not love me anymore?

ajenteks
Jan 20, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-01-20 13:06, SirAri wrote:

It was never about love. It was about your money! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dre_o
Jan 20, 2006, 04:32 PM
o.O.....grrr....Well (anger shutter) I guess this will give me more time to stockpile money for the monthly fees....(anger shutter)

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2006, 04:34 PM
Id like to say Im surprised...but...Im not. Ill just sit here quietly angry about this & just deal with it.

Nash
Jan 20, 2006, 04:37 PM
I really thought the fact EGM was one of the first magazines to have information about PSU, and the fact it was unveiled at E3, that they were making the Western release more of a priority this time round.

I was expecting a couple of months gap like the original PSO. A 6 month gap means Japanese players will be so far ahead. That does spoil the international play aspect a bit, assuming it's returning. I expect the English voice-acting plays a big part in this delay.

Really hope now that there's a language-option in the Japanese version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-01-20 13:39 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2006, 04:40 PM
Thats the problem with expectations. They tend to be unfounded. Especially when you trust a mag or a website to break news to you before a dev does. Ya'll shouldve listened to me. I know how big companies work. Ive worked for a few of them (not these specifically LOL). If...IF PSU is released on March 30, the US version wont hit stateside til Sept or Oct minimum. However, if I know the game industry (& I do), theyll trend for a Thanksgiving or so release. That would put it as a Christmas/holiday release. WAY off base from what we were promised, but, what can we do?

Miyoko
Jan 20, 2006, 04:46 PM
Noooo... This means I have to put up playing crappy MMOs like Wow even longer... *Cries*

DarK-SuN
Jan 20, 2006, 04:59 PM
Ok... this was a big blow...
Damnit... oh well, it means we'll have plenty of play time with the JP version offline (in case we don't find out a way to use the online mode).

SirAri
Jan 20, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-01-20 13:29, ajenteks wrote:

On 2006-01-20 13:06, SirAri wrote:

It was never about love. It was about your money! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Just like my girlfriend! T_T

*sob sob*

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 20, 2006, 05:01 PM
This gives me more time to try and get a new Playstation 2 if I could I would get a new gamecube just to continue to play PSO for the gamecube mine broke T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: capin_bucky_ohair on 2006-01-20 19:17 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Jan 20, 2006, 05:42 PM
Disappointing news : I was hoping they would at least get it out sometime during May/June.

Kupi
Jan 20, 2006, 05:51 PM
I guess I'll finish The Observer's Test before PSU comes out after all... :/

[/shamelessplug]

QuadTail
Jan 20, 2006, 05:59 PM
It actually kind of cheers me up...
Maybe it means they spend more time on it to maybe add like... Something else neat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rabite.gif

Shadow_Wing
Jan 20, 2006, 06:24 PM
hehe well at least we have a ballpark range of when this will come out, am I dissapointed? not really, gives me time to finish a few games before it gets released lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Brus
Jan 20, 2006, 06:30 PM
Ok, time to rethink my not-importing it... done... Ok I'm importing it.

Blitzkommando
Jan 20, 2006, 06:54 PM
Hahaha, the one constant with release dates: They get changed, usually for a longer wait. This really doesn't surprise me at all. Frankly, until I see it in stores I won't believe release dates.

ANIMEniac
Jan 20, 2006, 08:05 PM
i will read the whole thread later but untill then I'll convey my feelings in the form of a poem...

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

thank you for listening -_-
- -
edit: Please do not posting a single non-reaking line - It stretches the forum table.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-01-20 18:18 ]</font>

therealAERO
Jan 20, 2006, 09:44 PM
Alright this gives me more time to cry *cries*

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 20, 2006, 09:52 PM
just in time to conflict with Nintendo Revolution....><

Kurosawa
Jan 20, 2006, 10:25 PM
Once again Sega and ST crap all over non-JP users. The lengthy delay will all but guarantee that the game will be hacked by the time of it's US release.

I had dropped FFXI since I was planning on switching to PSU, but I imagine it'll be ruined before I even get to play it now.

Oh well. ST fails yet again. What's that, 8 times now and they've yet to get it right?

kazuma56
Jan 20, 2006, 11:01 PM
Well this news is disappointing...I thought maybe a "Spring 06" release would be most likely given that the JP version was delayed...but Fall? not only will I probably be playing Disgaea 2 to death by that time (or eagerly awaiting it), i'll also be going to college, couple that with work and other RPGs being released that I may or may not finish, this means i'll probably have even less time to play the game online as opposed to the amount I have now (about 5-10 hours a day now).

DaMan
Jan 20, 2006, 11:14 PM
I'm I disappointed?
Yes.
But is the end of the world?
No.

I'll just be happy that its more time for ST to add more stuff to the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaMan on 2006-01-20 20:15 ]</font>

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
On the brightside we get the game no matter what, they could have just change their minds and decide not to release to us at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: capin_bucky_ohair on 2006-01-20 20:22 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2006, 11:22 PM
Can the post above me be deleted please? That was just wrong to say. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Iecur
Jan 20, 2006, 11:32 PM
"...has been changed from "Winter 2006" to "Fall 2006."..."
Wait is it me or is Fall before Winter ? Am I reading that right ? Or am I the only one reading that wrong ? I was already lead to believe that it would come out sometime in December so now am I forced to wait less ? lol Yes I'm actually wanting it to take longer to release I still have to get some stuff worked out in my life and PSU coming out later gives me time to work those out. So whenever it comes out I'm getting it. Oh and also the longer it takes to release the closer I am to getting a better computer. This dang thing barely fits the minimum requirements and everything in it is messed up already, barely had it like two years ? I can't remember lol.

Ryna
Jan 20, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-01-20 20:32, Iecur wrote:
Wait is it me or is Fall before Winter ? Am I reading that right ? Or am I the only one reading that wrong ?

You are reading it wrong. Yesterday (before the change on the site), we were lead to believe that Winter 2006 meant Quarter 1 2006 (January - March).

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2006, 11:41 PM
Thats why it pays to be a lil suspicious. The 'info' (if you can call it that) definitely didnt seem kosher. Call me a cynic, but, I was right...unfortunately. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Iecur
Jan 20, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-01-20 20:34, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-01-20 20:32, Iecur wrote:
Wait is it me or is Fall before Winter ? Am I reading that right ? Or am I the only one reading that wrong ?

You are reading it wrong. Yesterday (before the change on the site), we were lead to believe that Winter 2006 meant Quarter 1 2006 (January - March).

So December 2006 is Fall 2006 ? Or Winter 2007 ? lol Yeah I know I suck...I never learned my months/seasons. Didn't seem important. Hmm..so why do I know them better in Spanish :?
¡Fregado! otra cosa que no se en ingles perro si en español.

Calibur
Jan 21, 2006, 12:14 AM
Sega wouldn't give a reason, according to 1up.

Website (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3147297)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2006-01-20 21:23 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 21, 2006, 12:43 AM
*whistles while thinking about everything he learned at Digital Life to put out a video captured speed run before the US release is out. (Even if it isn't accepted by Speed Demos Archive)*

Um... 6 months? Don't forget blue burst was a year apart between the US and JP releases.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-01-20 21:47 ]</font>

Russ2576
Jan 21, 2006, 12:45 AM
Oh this is just unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

The game is presumed to be done for the most part, and was pushed back to a March release for the Jp version so they can add new content and such. And they just gotta translate it, or already are in the process, meaning it's gonna take them 6 months or so to do that? I call BS. Or just outright laziness.

Man, freaking Sega and ST...when it comes to PSO/U, they can't do anything right :|

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 12:52 AM
On 2006-01-20 21:45, Russ2576 wrote:
Oh this is just unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

The game is presumed to be done for the most part, and was pushed back to a March release for the Jp version so they can add new content and such. And they just gotta translate it, or already are in the process, meaning it's gonna take them 6 months or so to do that? I call BS. Or just outright laziness.

Man, freaking Sega and ST...when it comes to PSO/U, they can't do anything right :|

Watch your mouth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Just remember, they could simply NOT be making the game!! Just be happy it is going to come out!

Zarcon
Jan 21, 2006, 01:34 AM
Seriously, they really could've just given non-JP players the cold shoulder and not bring it over.
Lord knows that there's a crapload of JP only games I'd wish were brought over.

The way I see it, if a JP game is brought over and translated it should be considered a gift.
If you knew even 1/100th of what games you're missing out on due to them never brought over you'd be much more grateful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tomeeboy
Jan 21, 2006, 01:43 AM
I'm betting they could not make the May release, and had to choose between releasing it during the summer (which is a huge dead zone for video games), or pushing it all the way back to the fall. I'm sure they also took into consideration that releasing it in the fall would put it much closer to the holiday shopping season (depending on how late in the fall they release it, the game could be REALLY close).

However, I'm not sure how good of a decision it was. The PS3 is just around the corner, and it's hard to say how many current PS2 owners will start flocking to it upon it's release. This new release date also means PSU will be coming out very close to, or even after FFXII and the WoW expansion. I can't say that's very positive. I really think they should have made sure it came out at least a month or two before those two titles, seeing as how there's probably a fairly large overlap in customer bases. Surely they must realize that putting a game like PSU on the PS2 system will mean it's competing directly with the Final Fantasy series. I guess they may not be too worried, since PSU boasts a massive online experience, in addition to the offline RPG story mode.

All we can do now is wait and see how things turn out. We should have a load of info pouring in over the next few months, which should give us a more accurate idea of how PSU's delay will help or hurt it in the long run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2006-01-20 22:45 ]</font>

Iecur
Jan 21, 2006, 01:44 AM
On 2006-01-20 22:34, Zarcon wrote:
Seriously, they really could've just given non-JP players the cold shoulder and not bring it over.
Lord knows that there's a crapload of JP only games I'd wish were brought over.

The way I see it, if a JP game is brought over and translated it should be considered a gift.
If you knew even 1/100th of what games you're missing out on due to them never brought over you'd be much more grateful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not really I don't play any other games but Phantasy Star stuff xD. And I don't want to play any of the other ones...well maybe PSOBB but my account was deleted! Darn poverty!! lol

Niki
Jan 21, 2006, 02:00 AM
On 2006-01-20 22:43, Tomeeboy wrote:
However, I'm not sure how good of a decision it was. The PS3 is just around the corner, and it's hard to say how many current PS2 owners will start flocking to it upon it's release.

Well, i'm not a major geek, but i'll be picking up my PS3 sometime in 2009 [or whenever Gran Turismo 5 comes out]. That is to say, i don't believe the PS3 release will be a factor.

Anyway, it seems i will have a lot more time to practice my Nihongo.

Nai_Calus
Jan 21, 2006, 04:17 AM
...Is anyone actually surprised? I mean, look at who we're talking about here. These are the same brain-dead drooling morons who decided it would be an awesome idea to not link the JP and US/EU servers on BB. Oh yeah, and look how awesomely GC and Xbox PSO were handled! And man, DC was just so perfectly done. And man, didn't PSII have a great translation?

</sarcasm>

Alisha
Jan 21, 2006, 05:02 AM
it suddenly feels like version 2 all over again

BWS-1
Jan 21, 2006, 05:03 AM
I call BS. Or just outright laziness.

Trust me, if they were lazy, they would have released it in Spring.

And you'd probably have a s***load of reasons to say the didn't do anything right with the game if it was to come out now.

Russ2576
Jan 21, 2006, 08:00 AM
On 2006-01-21 02:03, BWS-1 wrote:

And you'd probably have a s***load of reasons to say the didn't do anything right with the game if it was to come out now.

I suppose you're right. But still, how long have they been working on PSU, a year and half, two years? It's done, or pretty much done, and barring any unforseen problems, they're releasing the Jp in March. All they gotta do is translate it for the US version, and as far as we know it could already have an English option like past PSOs. But yet pushing it back to "Fall 2006"? This "delay" just seems so...needless.

I apologize for the harsh words, but I've been a PSO fan since the DC v1 days, and I guess I'm just frustrated at having to go thru all this delay buisness yet again because Sega and ST just can't seem to nail down a concrete release date, and stick to it.

Neith
Jan 21, 2006, 09:43 AM
Oh! Surprise! Another delay. It happens with loads of games.

However, pushing it back that much isn't good, for players and for Sega.

Remember the article on 'PSU will keep us entertained until FFXII?'.... Doesn't this new delay mean that PSU will be out AFTER FFXII? If so, that's going to be a blow- I know I'll now buy FFXII, and get PSU if I'm finished with XII.

Hate to say it Sega, but this is starting to look very disappointing for me. There's no way in hell that PSO XB/GC/ US BB will thrive until 3rd Quarter, sorry. GC, XB are all but dead now, except for a few loyal US/EU players, and c-moding JP players. JP BB is fine, but the US/EU version is already entering it's decline.

A lot of you may disagree with my views, but I can't see PSU hitting as hard now that it's been delayed this much.

SirAri
Jan 21, 2006, 10:58 AM
On 2006-01-21 05:00, Russ2576 wrote:

On 2006-01-21 02:03, BWS-1 wrote:

I suppose you're right. But still, how long have they been working on PSU, a year and half, two years? It's done, or pretty much done, and barring any unforseen problems, they're releasing the Jp in March. All they gotta do is translate it for the US version, and as far as we know it could already have an English option like past PSOs. But yet pushing it back to "Fall 2006"? This "delay" just seems so...needless.

I apologize for the harsh words, but I've been a PSO fan since the DC v1 days, and I guess I'm just frustrated at having to go thru all this delay buisness yet again because Sega and ST just can't seem to nail down a concrete release date, and stick to it.

Not only do they have to translate the words in text, but they also have to find english voice actors, and haven them speak every single word that the japanese ethan, karen, and various other characters spoke.

Its not as easy as it sounds.

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 11:02 AM
Jeeze....Yes I wanted it to come out earlier too, but you guys sound like it is the end of the world! So what the game versions are in decline! Play em anyways! Try something new! Go through the game without any God/items! Use a slicer through the entire thing! It doesn't matter! Just tide yourselves over. It really isn't that difficult. (at least it shouldn't be)

Neith
Jan 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
What I mean is that Sega shouldn't rely on PSO to hold them over until PSU. Yeah, the JP market will likely keep playing, but the US/EU servers for PSO aren't really that populated anymore.

It won't stop me playing, though I've been playing other games more- after Ive played the same game for around 2 1/2 years, it begins to get a little 'same-old'. A lot of players will stay, but many have moved to other MMORPG's. I guess we'll have to see how PSU is when it's released, and hope for the best.

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-01-21 08:10, UrikoBB3 wrote:
What I mean is that Sega shouldn't rely on PSO to hold them over until PSU.

On point 1, I fully agree with you. Though ST has been making other games, they shouldn't rely on those either.

Tobal
Jan 21, 2006, 11:53 AM
I work at eb games and on our computers it said may release if it changed i'll check next time i work.

Sinue_v2
Jan 21, 2006, 12:21 PM
A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever - Shigeru Miyamoto

I have no problems with a delay, so long as we get a better product out of it. Perhaps not the PSO fans, but we PS fans have been waiting over 10 years for an offline story-based Phantasy Star game.. and I'm sure a few more months won't kill us, expecially since we now KNOW it's on the way.

Kayai
Jan 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
On 2006-01-21 09:21, Sinue_v2 wrote:

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever - Shigeru Miyamoto

I have no problems with a delay, so long as we get a better product out of it. Perhaps not the PSO fans, but we PS fans have been waiting over 10 years for an offline story-based Phantasy Star game.. and I'm sure a few more months won't kill us, expecially since we now KNOW it's on the way.

that has to be one of the greatest posts ive read! Not only is it true but...its true ^.^

Tomeeboy
Jan 21, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-01-21 05:00, Russ2576 wrote:

I suppose you're right. But still, how long have they been working on PSU, a year and half, two years?

Just be glad it doesn't turn out like StarCraft Ghost, which was being featured in game magazines in 2003 and STILL isn't out yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 21, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-01-21 15:09, Tomeeboy wrote:
Just be glad it doesn't turn out like StarCraft Ghost, which was being featured in game magazines in 2003 and STILL isn't out yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well, it sure lived up to its name. Its nowhere to be found...oooooh...spooky...

PhruitBaskit
Jan 21, 2006, 09:29 PM
Okay, now I am FUCKING pissed off!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif How the hell could ST move the date all the way to Fall!!! The wait was bad enough before but now to hear that it won't come out until after summer...Screw you ST! This has got to be some of the worst news I have ever heard! Now officially depressed ::shoots himself::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2006-01-21 20:17 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Jan 22, 2006, 12:15 AM
I just have to agree with Sinue... some of you guys need to really calm down lol.

Btw, for those people that think ST has let them down again, whens the last time you found a game company that hasn't let the NA community down. I can tell you now that it doesn't happen often enough...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-01-21 21:17 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Jan 22, 2006, 09:05 AM
Well being let down and constantly being let down are two diffrent things. Once or twice you can forgive, but Segas been doing thta more and more lately. Still I hope PSU doesn't get a running gag about delays like Star Ocean:TtEoT did.

OdinTyler
Jan 22, 2006, 09:29 AM
On 2006-01-21 21:15, Shadow_Wing wrote:
I just have to agree with Sinue... some of you guys need to really calm down lol.

Btw, for those people that think ST has let them down again, whens the last time you found a game company that hasn't let the NA community down. I can tell you now that it doesn't happen often enough...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-01-21 21:17 ]</font>

1. I think everyone who gets upset here is a right to. The game should be coming out by March the latest. We understand the delay of the JP version to March, but, Fall for the US? Thats ridiculous. Those that love PS will wait, doesnt make it right.

2. I can think of a few game companies that didnt let the US down. Unfortunately, the best of those I can think of no longer exist. The small ones tend to be the best, but, dont have the financial backing that the larger companies do. Its sad. If the large companies handled the JP version & devs from various regions handled the translations, not only would we get them quicker, it also raises the chance of getting them without fear of cancellation.

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 22, 2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah seriously I have every right to be mad about this. I see no reason why a Fall release would even be plausible we've waited long enough for PSU and they are making us wait even longer.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 22, 2006, 12:46 PM
Seriously...If this little piece of news didn't piss you off then...What the hell!?! ST is really screwing us over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'll keep waiting, but damn it's going to seem like forever (now anyways)...

Nash
Jan 22, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well I just hope the delay is down to voice-acting and not translating, otherwise the European release will be somewhere in 2007.

For a game that looked like it was going to bring back the international community aspect of PSO, it's a real shame they didn't plan this better.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 22, 2006, 01:17 PM
That's a real good point. This delay had better be for some real un-JP cut scenes and other things. I don't want to see any JP now with this wait. Even new voice-overs...

Nash
Jan 22, 2006, 01:29 PM
I have a feeling it's the English voice-acting. That's usually the responsibility of SOA or SOE to organise, and I get the feeling they didn't prioritise it. Probably too busy with Shadow The Hedgehog and other things to devote the time to PSU which would have far more voice-acting than anything else.

Or maybe they were considering a subtitled release, like Panzer Dragoon Saga, but then changed their minds. That would explain the sudden big delay.

Either way, it's probably down to bad planning hence why they've given no explanation. I'm pretty sure PSU is fully translated already, and the game and community would have benefited so much from close JP/US/EU releases.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-01-22 10:33 ]</font>

Russ2576
Jan 22, 2006, 01:42 PM
Doesn't take 6+ months to record voice-overs though. Sure it'll a little bit of time to audition and hire the VAs. But each voice actor/actress will probably get their parts read off in a day, two at the most. This ain't no big time Disney movie or something.

That's what really bothers though, all they gotta do is that, and translate it after the final product is released in Japan. That should not take 6+ months to do. This is why I imported the GC Ep1&2 back then, because I knew they'd jerk the US players around like they did with DC v2. God, I can still remember all that crap. Down to the last minute and all the stores still didn't know when they were getting it in, and all the people constantly calling them day in and day out. And all the frustration at seeing the Jp players with their fancy gold names(though that was a minor thing). And all because Sega and ST have an inability to properly communicate with their western audience. They practically give the Jp players head, but when it comes to us, we're chopped liver. We bought all the games, and paid the monthly fees just like everybody else. You'd think they would be more appreciative of that.

At least give us a reason for the delay. Tell us something. Getting bumped back a month or two I could understand, but pushing it that far back without saying a blasted thing why? Come on...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-01-22 10:46 ]</font>

Nash
Jan 22, 2006, 02:08 PM
The only other possible thing I can think of is the game's SegaLink integration. Maybe they are going to expand that to a worldwide service, and want it to be in place for PSU's release and any future online games. segalink.com forwards you to segalink.jp at the moment.

Although again, if this was the case they could have started on doing that before now.

Whatever the reason, V2.0 taught me not to rely on the Western releases as well. So fingers-crossed for a language-option on March 30th. And even if it doesn't have one, then atleast the Extra Mode in the offline game means we can play around with character-creation for 6 months http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hotsuma
Jan 22, 2006, 02:59 PM
I just hope that this delay is REALLY worth the wait... because if they delayed it for no fucking reason and their is basically no improvement, or the game isn't stellar then.. there's gonna be an old fashioned fist fight between me and SEGA and ST. If the wait is worth it and the game ends up being the best game ever in the PS series and basically the best RPG of the year then fine. If not well.. SEGA and ST need to rehash and refine their marketing strategies.

Kannon
Jan 22, 2006, 03:22 PM
Maybe they will add some extra things during US voice acting phase.

But just think if they weren't even translating it and still had the delay.

I think the delay is not just tranlation related.

And I hope they added some modes like whatever they can.
What if the PMs....nevermind

Niki
Jan 22, 2006, 04:54 PM
Just as a side note: in my experience, it takes roughly 125 man-hours to produce 15-20 hours of dialogue, including mix and master, editing, sync, re-writes, call-backs, etcetera. That is, a team of one person could handle the project in less than a month. i would have to conclude that there is more going on than English vocal recording. This is especially confusing since Sega JP has already stated that the game is more than 80% complete...

Kimil
Jan 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
Wait a second, didn't that Sega Web Site used to say; winter 2006? I thought it did o.o... I'm not gonna believe the new one, I still think It'scomeing out arround summer or sooner.

MXdude
Jan 22, 2006, 07:13 PM
ST gives a bad name to that cute speedy little hedghog.

Maybe they will move the release date up eventually, or perhaps they are pushing it back just to make us drool more and then release it on time.(*crosses fingers and hopes its true*)

PhruitBaskit
Jan 22, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-01-22 16:13, MXdude wrote:
Maybe they will move the release date up eventually, or perhaps they are pushing it back just to make us drool more and then release it on time.(*crosses fingers and hopes its true*)

So what you're saying is that they moved it back just incase they ran out of time before the old US release date and if they finish before the new date, they'll move back up a little further? If you get what I'm saying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (They didn't think they could finish in time for the old US release date so they moved it back and if they finish before the new date, they'll move it back up) Oh who knows??? Stupid ST...

If they weren't making PSU, then...

Genoa
Jan 22, 2006, 09:50 PM
The later the better I would assume. More time to produce more copies, more time to fix any bugs or what not, more time to for us to get more information on it... etc... But I must admit... patience is something hard to come by... especially for something like PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PhruitBaskit
Jan 23, 2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, the later they release it will definately be better for us. Like you said, more time to fix problems and more time to make it better in English, but damn this wait is terrible http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So really you can be mad about the release date, but don't complain about it...

Gigorman
Jan 23, 2006, 12:50 PM
I never thought about voice-overs, 'cause I hate voice-overs. I always appreciate the original voices, especially japanese because it's so fluid.
Be happy that it's delayed, because that always means that more stuff is bein' added. To me, my thoughts don't make complete sense and I don't think I finished my thought in this post. I'm sick...

Yummi
Jan 23, 2006, 02:38 PM
I think alot of the fact it's an online game as well has alot to do with it. If this were a normal game with no online components it would normally still be around 6 months wait from the original JP release. Considering now, that this is also an online game you have to understand that it takes time to plan and get everything setup. Someone mentioned the segalink thing, that might have alot to do with it. It's so much easier for a JP company to release JP content in japan, im sure they want this over and out in US as much as we do. They want our money, I don't think pride is the case.

Also there may be no reason for delay because there are just too many things they feel they have to do. Like setting up a US segalink, translations, voice actors, last minute touch-ups, maybe even waiting after the JP release to bring us the latest fixes included on the Cd we get. There are just alot of possibilities I can think of that could delay this game because it's not even out in japan yet who knows they may delay the jp version once again.

Essintrical
Jan 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
Hey, stop whining, it could be tons worse..

We could still be waiting until WINTER for the game..

Or we could have it released in March with Tons of Security Holes and hackers doing some kind of Nex-Gen SMGHWTFFSOD (Super Mega Giga Hyper 'WuT tEh FuX' Frozen Screen of Death)and destroying everyones PSU Characters.

Im pissed that they did this, but i cant blame them. I want the best PSU experence, but im seriously pissed that ill have to play it while im in school, instead of have months off in Summer to play online without worrying about waking up the next day. >_>;

Hay, next fall im turning 16, and ill have a job this summer. At least I wont count on my parents to pay the monthly fee.

And i hope they are using this time not only to fix up the online experence, but also to add in over 800 uber Rares.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 23, 2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, it really sucks that we won't be getting it before, or even during, summer. It would be sooo nice to play all night and then enjoy sleeping in the next day. ::mind wanders out to a happier place where PSU has already come out:: LOL But you have a good point about jobs too. I'm hoping to get a job with my uncle this summer. Then I'll have plenty of money to get the game, pay the online fees, and possibly even get a new PS2. After four years, the old one's starting to go down hill http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shadow_Wing
Jan 23, 2006, 06:13 PM
Well there's still the little detail of the PS3 being backwards compatable, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem in the end.

Just make sure not to start playing the PS2 then switch over to the PS3, weeee update time XD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2006-01-23 15:18 ]</font>

vox3om
Jan 23, 2006, 09:00 PM
::EVERYONE CALM DOWN::

I JUST GOT WORD THAT...

We are all going to survive. This later release date is a blessing in disguise. Just as many of you have been talking about in this forum, there are many ideas that can be added to the game. Just imagine what things are being added right now that would not have been present in PSU had the rushed the release date?

I'm as excited as ever for this game to come out. But I'm also excited that they are postponing the release for such a great reason. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rain_1
Jan 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
Just imagine what things are being added right now that would not have been present in PSU had the rushed the release date?

Seriously... are you for real?
i'll bet my left gonad that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will be added to the US release of the game
AND, on top of THAT, the US release of the game won't get 1/50th of the attention of the japanese release..

That's how it always been, and that's how it always will be..

I'm as excited as ever for this game to come out. But I'm also excited that they are postponing the release for such a great reason. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I really feel dissapointed about not being able to buy an US version of the game alongside with the japanese one...

I'm all for the early adoption of a game.. specially an online game.. discovering things together, finding out about that new rare, finding out how ot beat that boss...

everything will be ruined by me, because i will have already read all about it with 6 months advance... I'd probably be playing PSO:BB until today if the us version came alongside with the japanese version. But no, i had 1 year to rethink the fact that actually doing the quests to unlock newer areas would SUCK ASS... i just passed on it..

I don't know if it's only me, but the excitment for the new PSU game that i have right now will not be the same 6 or 8 months from now.. if it was to come out in 2 months, i'd surely buy it... in 6-8 months? i don't know.. maybe i will, maybe i won't... Im really hoping the game is good, because if it's just a souped up pso with crappy innovations (which we will know, because we'll be reading all there is to read about it the next coming months), i might as well pass on it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2006-01-23 18:27 ]</font>

Nash
Jan 23, 2006, 09:45 PM
My other big concern about the big gap between the JP and US releases is if they are even going to bother to link the servers now. I mean Japanese players will have 6 months headstart, levelled up a lot, found lots of the rares, done lots of the quests and got the rewards etc. Will they want a load of Level 1 players suddenly coming in and hassling them about their items etc.

Also if US players can just hop over to the JP servers and buy whatever items they want from Japanese player's shops it could spoil the US community quite quickly. The fact the game lets you run shops would encourage people to go and do this to sell on to other players. So rares would be common straight away, and you'd have people with the rewards from quests before the quests are even playable in the US! Things would be even worse with the EU release, which will probably slip till early 2007 now and be almost a year behind.

I have a feeling the regions may be kept separate now, which would be a real shame. I was hoping for a return to the early days of PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-01-23 18:55 ]</font>

Russ2576
Jan 23, 2006, 11:31 PM
On 2006-01-23 18:45, Nash wrote:
My other big concern about the big gap between the JP and US releases is if they are even going to bother to link the servers now.

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they didn't link them. Never really had any reason to play with Jp players in the past, and the only time I ever saw Jp players playing with US players was CMode games.

What you said is true. What's to stop US players from cleaning out Jp player shops of stuff? Why even play if you're just gonna buy the stuff from people 6 months ahead of the game. Of course we don't know that player run shops will even make it in, but still, what you suggested is a scary and disheartening thought.

i'll bet my left gonad that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will be added to the US release of the game
AND, on top of THAT, the US release of the game won't get 1/50th of the attention of the japanese release..

QFT. It is ST after all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-01-23 20:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-01-23 20:37 ]</font>

Yummi
Jan 23, 2006, 11:49 PM
Seriously... are you for real?

If there is so much as one more polygon that wasn't there before I'm collecting your lefty.

Inazuma
Jan 23, 2006, 11:51 PM
link the servers?

do you honestly expect sega to destroy their own game like that? sega knows better than anyone the pros and cons of linking pso servers.

lets look back at pso's history here:
pso ver 1 and 2 for dc, ver 2 for pc, ep 1 and 2 for gc and xbox, psobb eng ver for pc. what do all these games have in common?

- they all have many eng players on them.
- they all are totally ruined by cheats and assholes.

and then we have psobb jp ver.

- at least 99% jp players
- no cheating, no assholes (well there may be some, but i have never heard of such a thing)

hmm, what can we learn from this?

Yummi
Jan 23, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-01-23 20:51, Inazuma wrote:
link the servers?

do you honestly expect sega to destroy their own game like that? sega knows better than anyone the pros and cons of linking pso servers.

pso ver 1 and 2 for dc, ver 2 for pc, ep 1 and 2 for gc and xbox, psobb eng ver for pc. what do all these games have in common?

- no cheating, no assholes (well there may be some, but i have never heard of such a thing)

Play on jp servers, and serverside character saving works?

Nash
Jan 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
llets look back at pso's history here:

The ones with the worst problems saved your characters client-side and had an offline game that shared the same savefile as the online game. That's why they were hacked to pieces. BB saves server-side so had has less problems. PSU also saves server-side, and has the added advantage of not being based of an existing PSO. The hackers already had a headstart with BB because it was based on Xbox PSO, probably the version most plagued with hacking. And as most Xbox users are American, that's why the American BB saw the problems.

PSO in the early days before it was ruined was an amazing experience, and it was the first game to encourage an international community. If PSU is meant to be a rebirth for the series, it would be a shame for it not to encourage international play again.

There's also other issues from not linking the servers - EU players are left basically stranded with a small community that will die well before the other regions, and people who import will be cut-off from people waiting for the domestic versions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-01-23 21:04 ]</font>

Russ2576
Jan 24, 2006, 12:10 AM
link the servers?

No one side is better than the other. I still remember the Jp GC Ep1&2 getting recalled within meer weeks due to a nasty duping glitch the Jp players found and apparently used so much that it required a recall.

I don't remember that ever happening to a US PSO game.

Rain_1
Jan 24, 2006, 08:01 AM
On 2006-01-23 20:49, Yummi wrote:
If there is so much as one more polygon that wasn't there before I'm collecting your lefty.

Even if there's a different polygon or a update, it's nothing that wouldn't be avaliable through a downloadable patch (on the pc version) anyway, so i'm keeping it.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And I couldn't care less about the PS2 version.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dre_o
Jan 24, 2006, 09:22 AM
My God, We, the dedicated players at PSOW, have ALREADY started useless bickering BEFORE THE GAME EVEN COMES OUT. I can see the use of discussing things, but not fighting endlessly. How about we simply say that we won't know anything more than what we know now UNTIL WE FIND OUT.

Hypocrit yes! Am I going to deal with it? No. Lets just stop it now people.

RyuuHokori
Jan 24, 2006, 11:27 AM
Well, i know what i'll be doing come March.

>.>

SirAri
Jan 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
On 2006-01-24 06:22, Dre_o wrote:
My God, We, the dedicated players at PSOW, have ALREADY started useless bickering BEFORE THE GAME EVEN COMES OUT. I can see the use of discussing things, but not fighting endlessly. How about we simply say that we won't know anything more than what we know now UNTIL WE FIND OUT.

Hypocrit yes! Am I going to deal with it? No. Lets just stop it now people.

I agree.

We, the users of the game should not be bickering among ourselves like children.

We should be demanding more fanmitsu scans from whomever provides them!

And demos of character creation and gameplay!

We demand more knowledge if we have to wait this long for the game!

Huzzah! *Angry battle cry*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirAri on 2006-01-24 14:20 ]</font>

Kayai
Jan 24, 2006, 04:59 PM
actually that would be pretty damn cool! (ponders about the thought of a character creation demo) hmmm....kinda like the FFXI thing 'cept alot more options...

Yeah, i guess i can be held over...i mean its like, every week when i get on the computer (mine at home is broken) theres always something new to read about...so the only thing thats saving me from insanity is this community http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif-b (ALL RIGHT!!)

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 08:11 PM
Are you kidding? I used to spend an hr or 2 just playing around with PSO's char creation screens. With all thats shown for PSU, imagine how much time I can waste with that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Seriously tho, it would be a good tool. Why? Well, it would give us a chance to play around with looks & give us an idea of what designs we want for our chars. That way when we ACTUALLY get the game (in whatever year that is), we can quickly design & get right into the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PhruitBaskit
Jan 24, 2006, 09:18 PM
I couldn't spend over half an hour playing around with PSO's character creation. There just weren't enough options. But I could easily imagine spending multiple hours in PSU. There's just sooo many options. There'll definately be a lot of variety with the PSU char creation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 09:33 PM
Well, sometimes I got real picky of what color clothes I wanted. Now, its a matter of where to place your ears, how wide you want your eyes...crazy stuff like that. I LOVE IT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guardian145
Jan 25, 2006, 01:50 AM
I heard today that the release date is in may now. If not then I don't think I can wait any longer. Now, we want game now.

OdinTyler
Jan 25, 2006, 03:19 PM
The May deadline is baloney. It was already revealed by ST that the US version was pushed back to Fall. No date specified. However, if I know the industry (& I do), it will be possibly Sept., but, most likely Nov. as many companies push products for this deadline. Why? Thanksgiving is the beginning of the holiday season, the busiest retail time of the year. Let's just hope it is Sept. tho.

CyberKranz
Jan 25, 2006, 06:03 PM
I really hope the release date is not Nov.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 25, 2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, the char creation in PSU definately kicks (PSO's) ass. All these details are just awesome. Seriously, it'll make your character that much more personalized. Being able to get every detail just right...I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!! LOL But that fall release date sucks. I'm over it now but I would really prefer September over November as I'm sure everyone else does too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CyberKranz
Jan 27, 2006, 12:16 AM
I'm still sad that they changed the release date.

kazuma56
Jan 27, 2006, 12:36 AM
My EB is outdated. Yesterday I went there to preorder Tales of Legendia and Grandia III and the clerk there was reading out some games on the PC (RPGs) that are also coming out and guess what the date for PSU was....May 6th. I didn't say anything to him because I already know about the date being pushed back but I wonder why it hasn't been "updated" in their books yet seeing as they are the ones that originally had the pushed back dates for PSU beforehand.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 01:12 AM
On 2006-01-26 21:36, kazuma56 wrote:
My EB is outdated. Yesterday I went there to preorder Tales of Legendia and Grandia III and the clerk there was reading out some games on the PC (RPGs) that are also coming out and guess what the date for PSU was....May 6th. I didn't say anything to him because I already know about the date being pushed back but I wonder why it hasn't been "updated" in their books yet seeing as they are the ones that originally had the pushed back dates for PSU beforehand.

Yeah, that's what's been making me skeptical about this whole date change situation. They havn't made any official announcements, and have only really changed the Release date on their site. Something fishy is going on if you ask me....

antarcticaPSU
Jan 27, 2006, 11:13 AM
i hope it comes out in may or my head going to start on FIRE!!!!! i waited almost a year 4 psu. i 1st found it on
8/20/05 well i need to find other things to do maybe the sims2 will help...damn i hate that!

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 08:08 PM
Let's try not to be so negative.
I havn't checked the site for a while, but I havn't heard of a big announcement of the push back...
Usually, companies will tell game stores like EB and Game Stop, so that they can make the necessary actions to move the game to it's true date. Could it be possible that is just one huge hax attack? lol

Nash
Jan 27, 2006, 08:10 PM
1Up.com confirmed the Fall release with Sega.

Although Sega wouldn't give them an explanation for the delay.

CyberKranz
Jan 27, 2006, 08:14 PM
I doubt the release date will be may. *Walks away and starts crying*

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 08:14 PM
Well, that's a nice shot of reality for ya, -_-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Tys03/OMFGDUDE.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-01-27 17:33 ]</font>

It says 5/06/06....
WHY GOD WHY!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-01-27 17:33 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Jan 27, 2006, 09:28 PM
Well I'll be bliantant again...if ST wants to be slow they had better be pulling a Working Designes delay....those people could litteraly take years to do a single game, but by god it was the most bug free game you could find...and usualy had some good English based humor in the script to boot. Not to mention all super delux (thats not an exageration, they have added Bronze/copper pendants, sterling silver rings, and wrist watches to some delyaed games) additives they had with their later releases. I miss that company. ;_;

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 27, 2006, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't count on a ST game being bug free at all.

Parn
Jan 27, 2006, 10:40 PM
On 2006-01-27 18:28, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Well I'll be bliantant again...if ST wants to be slow they had better be pulling a Working Designes delay....those people could litteraly take years to do a single game, but by god it was the most bug free game you could find...and usualy had some good English based humor in the script to boot.
Hardly. Nevermind the Lemina bug in Lunar: Eternal Blue. Nevermind the Ocarina bug in Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. Nevermind the bug where you get stuck in walls/furniture/whatever and have to hit reset due to glitching with certain NPCs in Albert Odyssey. Nevermind the music sometimes not starting properly during certain voice sequences in Magic Knight Rayearth. The list of bugs in Working Designs games goes on, heh...

I enjoyed some of their games, but I think you give them a bit too much credit. One of my favorite things was how they talked about how they were going to add in animations for status effects on monsters in Albert Odyssey and took them out at the last minute due to "bugs", but that's actually a lie, since those animations were there to begin with in the Japanese version of the game, and that they were removed to decrease the load times, which Working Designs claimed they accomplished by "optimizing code". The average gamer doesn't know any better, but that's the harsh reality of it.

OdinTyler
Jan 27, 2006, 11:11 PM
Idk the 2 Lunar bugs youre referring to, but, overall Working Designs was 1 of the best devs there was. Sure, no one's perfect. However, they did change how some ppl looked at dev companies. PSO & PSU couldve benefitted greatly from a company like them. Still, if there are bugs in the game as you say they are, Id like to see 'em. Might be good for a laugh.

DeathMachine
Jan 27, 2006, 11:14 PM
Why start with him...? We can only hope that this EXTRA delay will be beneficial too all parties involved, extra devs or not.

Parn
Jan 28, 2006, 09:31 AM
The Lemina Bug is a strange one. When Lemina leaves the party at the tower maze for a short while, the game becomes exceptionally glitchy. It is through this glitch that you are able to literally extract items in the game, including the Dark Scimitar, a weapon that is listed in the game's manual, but is impossible to obtain by traditionaly gaming means, since it is not a monster drop, available in a treasure chest, or anything.

http://static.flickr.com/18/70346142_fa0110e04f.jpg?v=0

As far as the Ocarina bug, if you played the Lunar: SSSC demo and gave Alex's ocarina to any other character, and loaded your save file from the demo to continue your progress with the retail game, the ocarina is locked in whatever character's inventory, so when you reach a certain critical point in the game's storyline and Alex's ocarina is required to progress, you're stuck. You can't beat the game since another character has it in their inventory and it can't be moved. Basically, you have to start the game all over.

Tystys
Jan 28, 2006, 09:49 AM
That's not funny, that's horrible! lol