PDA

View Full Version : Two new scans from V-Jump magazine

Cowboy_Bebop
Jan 21, 2006, 08:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Bebop2071/phu_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Bebop2071/phu_2.jpg

Doesn't seem to have brand new informations but let's wait for translation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Jan 21, 2006, 08:26 AM
that first scan looks sweet but its too small >_<

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2006, 09:06 AM
Here are larger scans of the pages, courtesy of GameFront.de (http://www.gamefront.de/).

http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up83147.jpg
http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up83146.jpg

I don't have time to translate at the moment as I have to leave for work shortly, so I'll start on it when I get home later this evening.

Quickly, though, glancing over the pages, I noticed mention of an "extra mode." I'm curious what that is.

EDIT: Right quick, and then I have to go. I just noticed that this extra mode will allow you to create your own character to play through the offline missions as opposed to having to play just as Ethan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-01-21 06:10 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 21, 2006, 09:26 AM
An Extra Mode? I can't wait to hear more about that.

Also, those comparison pictures of where Leo and the Partner Machinery are leaping in the air with a sword are humorous.

Is the cast using a dagger on that one picture on the second page?

I can see I'll have another front page news post to put together later today...

Lord_DS
Jan 21, 2006, 09:31 AM
Awesome news this extra mode!

All people who won't be able to play online and who liked the fact that you create your own character in pso will be very, very happy with this.
(the ones who can't bare ethan's look will be happy too ^w^ )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2006-01-21 07:00 ]</font>

SirAri
Jan 21, 2006, 10:52 AM
EDIT: Right quick, and then I have to go. I just noticed that this extra mode will allow you to create your own character to play through the offline missions as opposed to having to play just as Ethan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2006-01-21 06:10 ]</font>

*sniff sniff* Thats so great... I'm soo happy... T_T

Ethan sucks.... T_T

And now I can be myself... T_T

Yes! XD

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 21, 2006, 11:25 AM
I was hoping there would be a feature like this!!
Sweet! They have translations for stupid people above the kanji on this page. I could actually translate it if I wanted to.... But I think I'll just wait for Espio to do it...XD

Katt
Jan 21, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-01-21 06:06, EspioKaos wrote:

Quickly, though, glancing over the pages, I noticed mention of an "extra mode." I'm curious what that is.

*Dies from excitement*

Dhylec
Jan 21, 2006, 12:26 PM
Heh, indeed there is an extra mode. This should give the game a heck more replay value. ;]

Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
They have translations for stupid people above the kanji on this page.

'Stupid' is quite a harsh term you are using. Furigana is for those who aren't familiar with kanji or due to its complexity. >.>

OdinTyler
Jan 21, 2006, 12:36 PM
Your own char offline? Oh boy, ST is basically just saying cmon, hack away offline, we dont do care. Am I the only one that forsees problems occuring from this revelation?

Nash
Jan 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
Offline is vulnerable to hacking with or without this feature.

Your stats, weapons, items etc. will all be saved on the memory card. All this does is let you choose your appearance as well. Maybe as a bonus when you finish the game as Ethan?

It still has nothing to do with the online game, so if people want to ruin the offline experience for themselves it isn't going to affect anyone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2006-01-21 09:46 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 21, 2006, 01:06 PM
If thats what you believe, fine. Im seeing further ahead. Maybe someone who can do something about it will listen. Maybe...

SirAri
Jan 21, 2006, 01:12 PM
On 2006-01-21 10:06, OdinTyler wrote:
If thats what you believe, fine. Im seeing further ahead. Maybe someone who can do something about it will listen. Maybe...

In Soul Caliber 3, theres a quest type mode, and the various other modes.

But when you create a charcter for quest mode, its seperate from all the other modes and completly exclusive to quest mode.

I think they are trying to do the same thing here with phantasy star.

Offline mode is entirly seperate from online.

You can create your character offline now, but its only for offline use.

You can also create the same character online, and neither will affect the other.

At least thats what I'm getting out of this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirAri on 2006-01-21 10:38 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 01:24 PM
On 2006-01-21 10:12, SirAri wrote:

Offline mode is entirly seperate from online.

YOu can create your character offline now, but its only for offline use.

You can also create the smae character online, and neither will affect the other.

At least thats what I'm getting out of this.

Yes, I agree with you. They have to have learned from their past mistakes.

Ryna
Jan 21, 2006, 03:38 PM
I think it is premature to draw some of the conclusions that people are arriving at. Let's wait for EspioKaos to finish translating the section. There is a decent chance that some of the the details/limitations of Extra mode will be revealed then.

Kayai
Jan 21, 2006, 03:39 PM
hmmm thats cool....but i wonder what there gonna do about the story....will they have different voice actors for the ofline created characters? if this is true..then we may be looking at a later release date T.T.....then again what happens happens and we'll just have to wait for it

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-01-21 12:39, Kayai wrote:
hmmm thats cool....but i wonder what there gonna do about the story....will they have different voice actors for the ofline created characters? if this is true..then we may be looking at a later release date T.T.....then again what happens happens and we'll just have to wait for it

I bet they'll just have either no cutscenes, or just simple ones in extra mode. But that is me.

Nash
Jan 21, 2006, 06:02 PM
The cut-scenes are realtime, and we know they can already alter character models in them because you can change your clothes in the offline game.

So in Extra Mode they will probably just switch the entire character model for Ethan with your custom one. It may look (and sound) silly, so that's why I think it's probably a bonus feature you open-up on completion.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 21, 2006, 06:12 PM
On 2006-01-21 09:26, Dhylec wrote:
Heh, indeed there is an extra mode. This should give the game a heck more replay value. ;]

Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
They have translations for stupid people above the kanji on this page.

'Stupid' is quite a harsh term you are using. Furigana is for those who aren't familiar with kanji or due to its complexity. >.>

Hey man, I was referring to myself, so its ok =)

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2006, 08:31 PM
Just to let you guys know, I just got home from work and the gym a little while ago, so I'll be starting on my translations shortly. I've been glancing over the article to see if there's anything more specific about the extra mode I could tell you, but so far I haven't seen anything. One thing I have noticed, however, is some changes with the character creation screen. Originally, I think we only had five different voice types to choose from, but with the female newman used here, she actually has 12. Also, a new category for voice pitch (adjusted with a slider) has been added to the bunch. And what was originally called "underwear" has now been changed to "body suit."

I'll have more later tonight. Stay tuned. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PhruitBaskit
Jan 21, 2006, 09:47 PM
This is one of the best updates I've heard! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif We actually get to create our own chars offline. I just can't believe it. This is definately going to add a lot of fun to offline. And yer damn right I'll stay tuned for some translations, Espio. Can't wait for 'em...

lostinseganet
Jan 21, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-01-21 06:06, EspioKaos wrote:
Here are larger scans of the pages, courtesy of GameFront.de (http://www.gamefront.de/).

http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up83147.jpg
http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up83146.jpg

I don't have time to translate at the moment as I have to leave for work shortly, so I'll start on it when I get home later this evening.

Jumping...JUMPING? Is that jumping I see in the second pic. Oh boy I would jump with excitement if I am seeing what I think I am seeing.

Alisha
Jan 21, 2006, 11:01 PM
im thinking that jump is a pp move

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-01-21 19:56, lostinseganet wrote:
Jumping...JUMPING? Is that jumping I see in the second pic. Oh boy I would jump with excitement if I am seeing what I think I am seeing.

I don't think so, cause we already know that there will be abilities that lift you off of the ground. I'm just assuming that that is another Photon Art assiciated with the blade.

EDIT: Crap, beaten to it.

EDIT2: Woa woa woah! I see that one of the Newmans on the bottom screen only has 63 HP at level 1, yet, if I remember correctly, a male Human has 112 HP at lv 1! That is a pretty huge difference!!

EDIT 3: Wait another second! I think. I THINK. I see a mechgun! Do we know if mechguns are in this game? If not, I think I see it in the first scan's third picture down. In the Newman's left hand. It is unclear though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-21 20:08 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jan 21, 2006, 11:24 PM
OK, I've finished my translation of this article. A lot of the information presented we already know about, but there's still a little new stuff about the extra mode.

p.60

Character Creation:
Step 1: Choose a race and gender for your character based on each one's strengths and weaknesses.
Step 2: Create a face for your character. You're able to customize a number of different facial features one-by-one.
Step 3: Customize your character's height and proportions to your liking.
Step 4: Change your character into your favorite outfit, mixing and matching jackets, pants, and shoes. Also, select a voice type that best suits your character, fine-tuning it with the voice pitch slider.

p.61

- You'll be able to freely choose from any area that you've been to in the story mode to play in the extra mode.
- More areas are unlocked for the extra mode as you visit them in the story mode.
- Just like Ethan, you will have a Partner Machinery to help you on your adventures. Give it items to help it evolve.
- Your PM will eventually evolve into a humanoid-form that will accompany you into battle, helping you and your teammates take down more powerful enemies.
- Your party in the extra mode can be made up of any of the characters that you've met in the story mode and received partner cards from. (The screenshot in the article shows this character, Amy, having PCs for Hyuga, Karen, Leogini, Lucaim, Maya, Tonnio, and Lou.)

PhruitBaskit
Jan 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-01-21 20:02, Dre_o wrote:
Wait another second! I think. I THINK. I see a mechgun! Do we know if mechguns are in this game? If not, I think I see it in the first scan's third picture down. In the Newman's left hand. It is unclear though.

That might be a mechgun. I'm not sure...It does look like one but it's a little too unclear to tell. These scans aren't of the highest quality. But is it a mech??? Oh I'll be looking at this for a while. Any higher res scans? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I've got to say, I'd rather hear more about "extra mode" than about mechs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2006-01-21 20:27 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Jan 21, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-01-21 20:24, EspioKaos wrote:
OK, I've finished my translation of this article. A lot of the information presented we already know about, but there's still a little new stuff about the extra mode.

p.60

Character Creation:
Step 1: Choose a race and gender for your character based on each one's strengths and weaknesses.
Step 2: Create a face for your character. You're able to customize a number of different facial features one-by-one.
Step 3: Customize your character's height and proportions to your liking.
Step 4: Change your character into your favorite outfit, mixing and matching jackets, pants, and shoes. Also, select a voice type that best suits your character, fine-tuning it with the voice pitch slider.

p.61

- You'll be able to freely choose from any area that you've been to in the story mode to play in the extra mode.
- More areas are unlocked for the extra mode as you visit them in the story mode.
- Just like Ethan, you will have a Partner Machinery to help you on your adventures. Give it items to help it evolve.
- Your PM will eventually evolve into a humanoid-form that will accompany you into battle, helping you and your teammates take down more powerful enemies.
- Your party in the extra mode can be made up of any of the characters that you've met in the story mode and received partner cards from. (The screenshot in the article shows this character, Amy, having PCs for Hyuga, Karen, Leogini, Lucaim, Maya, Tonnio, and Lou.)

Hm sounds like extra mode is just somethin fun to do after beating the game or unlocking a good portion of things at least. I don't really see any fun in this mode, if I went through this stuff through story mode why would I wanna go through it again? Just having a different character doesn't seem like enough for me. If playing through extra mode unlocks some goodies them maybe, otherwise I'll probably just play through it for a lil fun e'rynow and then when online gets boring.

Kupi
Jan 21, 2006, 11:41 PM
Voice pitch slider...?

By the Light, they've thought of everything!

DizzyDi
Jan 21, 2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah seems that way. It should be VERY hard to make a duplicate in this game. Thank the lord jeebus. Its gunna be fun to see what kinda characters people come up with. A big strong beast with a squeaky voice....heheheh, oh the possibilities.

Dhylec
Jan 22, 2006, 12:18 AM
DizzyDi wrote:
I don't really see any fun in this mode, if I went through this stuff through story mode why would I wanna go through it again? Just having a different character doesn't seem like enough for me. If playing through extra mode unlocks some goodies them maybe, otherwise I'll probably just play through it for a lil fun e'rynow and then when online gets boring.

Heh, looks like someone is being pesimetic already. ;]
Well, it's true that it'll pretty much the same as Ethan's story. But have you, & many others here, been doing the same things with PSO? I mean, people created several different characters from various classes & races to play through the same areas over & over again. Yet, they manage to play for hundred of hours.
Of course being repetitive is boring, but if this is something the game is capable of, so why not take advantage of that & give the players something extra? This adds some more replay value for a game that's already a 2-in-1.
Heh, I guess ST can't satisfy everyone. ;D

Shadow_Wing
Jan 22, 2006, 12:21 AM
I wonder if extra mode is something you can do online as well, maybe something to tie you over while finding members and stuff.

Tomeeboy
Jan 22, 2006, 12:42 AM
Maybe I missed it, but does it say anything about requiring you to play through the story AGAIN in extra mode? To me, it sounds like this extra mode is basically the 'offline' version of what you do online, just with AI characters instead of real people.

You unlock extra mode areas by reaching them in story mode and you unlock teammates by getting their partner cards in story mode. After that, maybe you can just build up whatever character you'd like and go around exploring, leveling and hunting for items. Only time will tell if this is the case, but I'm willing to bet that there's a little more to it than just allowing you to play through story mode again with a custom character.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 22, 2006, 02:12 AM
So... Can you use your online character in the extra mode? I wonder....

Voice pitch slider.... omg.... That will be the most fun customization feature ever!

F-o-x
Jan 22, 2006, 04:17 AM
I highly doubt you'd be able to use your same online character. The whole point of having the online and offline modes totally separate is to (hopefully) prevent cheating. Although it'd be easy enough to create an exact replica of your online persona.

The voice slider option is indeed a welcome addition. We will truly be able to create unique characters.

Ryna
Jan 22, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-01-21 20:24, EspioKaos wrote:
Character Creation:

Thanks for the translation EspioKaos. You're doing a good job with these scans and site updates.

I did have one question about "Step 1." Perhaps I am reading too much into the line, but it seems to suggest that your character's stats will also be based on gender. Is that explicitly mentioned in the article?

Anyways, Extra Mode sounds like a nice feature for offline-only players. Since it is likely there will not be any interaction between your offline and online character, I don't see this mode getting much attention from online players.

Saffran
Jan 22, 2006, 11:49 AM
And what was originally called "underwear" has now been changed to "body suit."

All male players may now mourn this huge loss in game features. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 22, 2006, 11:55 AM
Actually, its referred to as 'underarmor'. We just thought of it as underwear til it was explained further. Still, there arent any pics of the 'battle suits' as you put them.

Nisshoku
Jan 22, 2006, 12:08 PM
This is only more reason to torture me until it's Fall Release in North America.

But it'll be SOOOO worth it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Jan 22, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thx for the translations, Espio http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I think that "extra mode" sounds great. It will be really nice to make a char offline. And that's great for me cuz I don't have hi-speed internet...yet. It will be fun to go through story mode with your own char. But mostly I'll be having fun making my own char http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarK-SuN
Jan 22, 2006, 01:29 PM
Holy...! o_o
This is very good news!
Specially for importers (me, wheee), since it means we'll be able to try out diferent character races and the character creation features (as well as, apparently, some online features) which we otherwise couldn't since non-JP credit cards can't pay for anything PSU online related.

It'll definitely keep importers tied over till the other versions are released (so that we can play online), and it's just one more reason for the ones who will be waiting to bite their nails off with anxiety. ^_^;;

It's also nice for the offline-only players, since they'll have both a story (with Ethan) and be able to create their own characters, for two seperate PSU experiences.

Sonic Team is apparently really thinking things through with PSU, which is a good thing!

Blackwaltz-R
Jan 22, 2006, 03:03 PM
Tightness. Tho itd be nice to have maybe a Lan Mode which SHOULD be in more if not all games in general to better serve offline players, but none of that split-screen crap.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 22, 2006, 08:39 PM
Split-screen crap!?! Multiplayer kicks ass! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'd like multiplayer offline in PSU. Though I know it won't happen...

EspioKaos
Jan 22, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-01-22 08:31, Ryna wrote:
Thanks for the translation EspioKaos. You're doing a good job with these scans and site updates.

I did have one question about "Step 1." Perhaps I am reading too much into the line, but it seems to suggest that your character's stats will also be based on gender. Is that explicitly mentioned in the article?
My pleasure, as always. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It's not specifically mentioned; that was just a result of me paraphrasing. I would assume, though, that your character's sex may have a slight effect on their stats, probably like it did in PSO.

On 2006-01-22 08:55, OdinTyler wrote:
Actually, its referred to as 'underarmor'. We just thought of it as underwear til it was explained further. Still, there arent any pics of the 'battle suits' as you put them.
Actually, it's the other way around. Translated directly from what was in the original character creation screens, it said underwear. I just gave underarmour as an alternative to those who didn't like to call it underwear, and also since that's what those pieces of clothing are more like. (I think I originally equated them to things like a sports bra and shorts for women and tank-tops and boxer-briefs for men.)

SirAri
Jan 22, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-01-22 08:55, OdinTyler wrote:

Everytime I read the term underarmor I thought of steet re-inforced underwear.

Oh the chaffing... O_O

therealAERO
Jan 22, 2006, 10:00 PM
PSU seems to be trying to compete with WOW with all this new stuff. Atleast thats what it looks like to me. But PSU is already winning in the character creation part, and winning my heart.

OdinTyler
Jan 22, 2006, 11:56 PM
Bra & boxers for the ladies huh? Interesting... LOL

Yummi
Jan 23, 2006, 12:06 AM
On 2006-01-22 20:56, OdinTyler wrote:
Bra & boxers for the ladies huh? Interesting... LOL

If the the female underroo's were too salacious i'd personally lobby ST to put the guys in various colored leopard print thongs.

OdinTyler
Jan 23, 2006, 12:57 AM
Ugh, God no. A man has to have his dignity. Its ok for a woman to wear fancy stuff like that tho. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kimil
Jan 23, 2006, 02:11 AM
Ya; when I girl does, it is fucking smexy, but when a guy does you fucking run

PhruitBaskit
Jan 23, 2006, 04:49 PM
Uh, can we get off this underarmor thing and back on topic? It was okay...Before men in leopard print thongs were mentioned. ::shivers:: Seriously, I'm ready to talk about something else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DizzyDi
Jan 23, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-01-22 21:57, OdinTyler wrote:
Ugh, God no. A man has to have his dignity. Its ok for a woman to wear fancy stuff like that tho. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Can we say....Double standard? >_> Sorry had to add my two cents.

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 10:36 AM
But, its an acceptable one, so no probs here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sinue_v2
Jan 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
Hah, if they had Leopard print thongs and bikini underwear for men - I would SO make a nekked (cept for the thong) male character and go Party Boy on the lobbies. Expecially with the new lobby dance moves we'll be getting.

Ryna
Jan 24, 2006, 11:03 AM
On 2006-01-24 08:00, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Hah, if they had Leopard print thongs and bikini underwear for men - I would SO make a nekked (cept for the thong) male character and go Party Boy on the lobbies. Expecially with the new lobby dance moves we'll be getting.

I can't believe I am saying this, but...

I agree with OdinTyler.

A man needs to preserve his dignity!

I hope Sonic Team is not reading this thread to get ideas for costumes to include in the game.

Lovejuice
Jan 24, 2006, 12:14 PM
What you mean you don't own a Leopard Print Thong? They're all the rage! Get with the times, people! 2006 is the year of the 'ME CONAN' look!

I'm really hoping that the speculation about different sexes (within a Race) having an effect on statistics is nonsense, though. Unless it's something that can be rectified without penalty through the statistic raising thingybob.

DeathMachine
Jan 24, 2006, 01:46 PM
I think they meant races, not SO much as sexes. *Thinks of Caseal in sexy bikini, then realizes how weird that is* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yummi
Jan 24, 2006, 03:24 PM
Male Photon G-String FTW

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 24, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-01-24 12:24, Yummi wrote:
Male Photon G-String FTW

think about fat male characters walking around in that *shudders*

SirAri
Jan 24, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-01-24 13:17, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:

Male Photon G-String FTW

Is that a rifle +9, or are you just happy to see me?

Kayai
Jan 24, 2006, 05:25 PM
On 2006-01-24 13:50, SirAri wrote:

Male Photon G-String FTW

Holy Crap i did not need to know that ><

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 06:25 PM
Oh very funny, Ryna. Turnaround being fair play & all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Thats two things we agree on. Stop the presses, I think the world's about to end! LOL

PhruitBaskit
Jan 24, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-01-24 13:50, SirAri wrote:

Male Photon G-String FTW

Okay, seriously now. Enough freakin' talk about the male thongs! It's just a bit creepy to think of. Fat guys with butt floss and a dude with either a rifle or a boner. Please get back on topic. I don't want PSOW to be giving me nightmares LOL ::shivers:: I really liked the V-Jump topic more than the male photon thong topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 08:08 PM
Yes, so we all agree that women in intimate apparel is a good thing. Men, however, is on a need NOT to know basis.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 24, 2006, 09:10 PM
You might have reached that agreement, but I don't many of us have =D *gets on topic of fat men in g-strings* muhahahaha just kidding

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 09:35 PM
So, ANYWAY, we all agree that men in thongs...well, its something we'd rather not think about. Afterall, there are ALOT of guys that post on here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DeathMachine
Jan 25, 2006, 02:00 AM
:shivers in corner afraid to read topic: Do you people relish giving small children nightmares? With my young, impressionable mind, this kind of talk will force me to blame violence in videogames, and get the media to interview dumbass parents who understand nothing about the topic. Then senators will blame ST, thusly delaying the game to late 20,015. So please, Avoid the topic of nekkid men! Only talk of nekkid women is allowed here...

Sinue_v2
Jan 25, 2006, 03:36 AM
Well.. with this kind of reaction, I'm DEFINATELY going Party Boy as a joke character for the lobbies should we be given the option.

OdinTyler
Jan 25, 2006, 03:07 PM
On 2006-01-24 23:00, DeathMachine wrote:
:shivers in corner afraid to read topic: Do you people relish giving small children nightmares? With my young, impressionable mind, this kind of talk will force me to blame violence in videogames, and get the media to interview dumbass parents who understand nothing about the topic. Then senators will blame ST, thusly delaying the game to late 20,015. So please, Avoid the topic of nekkid men! Only talk of nekkid women is allowed here...

LOL I fully agree with you, DM...except the 'young, impressionable mind' part. LOL Youre no youngin'. The game wouldnt be delayed to 20,015. If PSU takes place 1000 yrs after PSO (as past games show), then technically, PSU takes place in 6000AD or so.

PhruitBaskit
Jan 25, 2006, 06:39 PM
And back to the V-Jump scans...Who thinks "extra mode" sounds freakin' awesome? LOL

OdinTyler
Jan 25, 2006, 07:33 PM
Im probably the only one on here against this 'extra' mode. I kinda liked the idea of offline being a regular RPG for me to work on. Its nice to sometimes have static chars that go through dynamic personality changes when forced by the hands of fate to determine their destinies. Yes, Im an RPG dork & proud of it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Jan 25, 2006, 09:21 PM
I honestly don't see what you could possibly have against 'extra' mode. What if you want to play with a char that you created when you can't get online??? Now it's still a regular RPG offline, only you can replay the story as a new char after you've made so much progress. I think that it is an excellent addition to PSU. I can see the whole Ethan-only story mode as being appealing but I really like the 'extra' mode idea. And there's nothing wrong with being a dork http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Show your pride! LOL

Parn
Jan 25, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-01-25 16:33, OdinTyler wrote:
Im probably the only one on here against this 'extra' mode.
Maybe it's because it's a pretty ridiculous stance to have. Since when is having more options in a game a bad thing? No one is forcing you to play the extra mode. You could replay the story mode a million times like a total rebel, and you could be happy and everyone else who doesn't want to stick to story mode can have their fun too.

OdinTyler
Jan 25, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-01-25 18:29, Parn wrote:
Maybe it's because it's a pretty ridiculous stance to have. Since when is having more options in a game a bad thing? No one is forcing you to play the extra mode. You could replay the story mode a million times like a total rebel, and you could be happy and everyone else who doesn't want to stick to story mode can have their fun too.

Maybe youre the only one seeing anything as ridiculous because you find it necessary to namecall. As usual, you minced my post & didnt quote me fully, explaining WHY I said what I did. Thats ok tho. Everyone's free to play what mode they want. I never stated anything as contrary to such. If you put as much energy into games as you do sarcasm, then, maybe you & I might have something to discuss as mature adults one day. Maybe. Maybe not.

Parn
Jan 25, 2006, 10:06 PM
I'll play your game.

Im probably the only one on here against this 'extra' mode.
Yeah, pretty much.

I kinda liked the idea of offline being a regular RPG for me to work on.
Offline still is a regular RPG to work on, no matter how many extra features you unlock. You play story mode, and it's a regular RPG. When extra mode is unlocked, you can be a total caveman and grunt in disgust, shake your fist at the gods, and proceed to select story mode again. Craziness.

Its nice to sometimes have static chars that go through dynamic personality changes when forced by the hands of fate to determine their destinies.
Because after all, extra mode suddenly makes story mode stop working.

Yes, Im an RPG dork & proud of it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
There are many things I'd call you, but then I'd be banned forever.

Did I miss anything this time? Your argument is like being against having the option of cheese on your hamburger at the local burger joint. No one's forcing anyone to get cheese, and you prefer not to have cheese, but oh, you're totally against having cheeseburgers at this place!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-01-25 19:07 ]</font>

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 25, 2006, 10:20 PM
Parn, why are you so worried about what Tyler thinks about the extra mode? He has the right to be against it just as you have the right to be for it. More than likely his view for thinking that it might be a bad thing might be truly reasonable. Quit acting like a child, and starting an argument just because he happens to see things differently than you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZulfiqarTheIV on 2006-01-25 19:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZulfiqarTheIV on 2006-01-25 19:22 ]</font>

Parn
Jan 25, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-01-25 19:20, ZulfiqarTheIV wrote:
Parn, why are you so worried about what Tyler thinks about the extra mode?
By the same token, why do you even care?

By all means though, if there's a legitimate reason to dislike this extra mode, I'm all ears. I sure as hell can't figure one, seeing how it's a completely seperate and OPTIONAL FEATURE. That's like getting pissed off that Nintendo put in an unlockable art gallery and sound test in Fire Emblem.

GOSH DARN IT I CAN'T GET IMMERSED IN THE GAME ANYMORE LOL DAMN YOU NINTENDO GRRRR

DeathMachine
Jan 26, 2006, 12:14 AM
Oooooh...burning hatred? Or just pissy fanboys...oh well. And who posted on bad grammar? About whom? Their grammar seemed fine to me. It is not as if we are the upper crust of society. Now, back to the topic. Extra mode seems interesting, whether I play it or not. Makes me wonder if there will only be one save file for offline then. My sister would want to play, and might have to end up playing my extra file due to my one story file. This is all assumation, mind you...

PhruitBaskit
Jan 26, 2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah, whoever posted on grammar is just trying to be annoying. I didn't see anything wrong either. But I'm sure I could. Like you said, we're not exactly the uppercrust of society. That was a pretty cool remark http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Now if Parn and Odin can set their differences aside...I too sonder if extra mode will be connected to online mode. I could see that as being better cuz you'll be able to level up your char offline but then, if it does go like that, even if they do totally block hacking online, people will be able to hack unlimitlessly offline and bring the troubles to the online community. So as great as that could be, I'd rather leave the two seperate for the good of online...

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2006, 07:29 PM
Thank you, Phruit. Thats kinda what I was trying to hint at. However, certain individuals find it necessary to pick apart what I say, rather than listen to WHY I say it. Thank you for your candor. To anyone who would correct MY grammar, candor means honesty. Maybe I shouldnt use more refined words then?

Parn
Jan 26, 2006, 08:47 PM
You're a liar and you know it. You didn't hint at crap in your post. Anyone who's been paying attention knows online and offline modes are seperate. Server-side saving would be completely pointless if you could carry character data over.

The irony is that you act as if Phruit's response is in defense of your post, but in reality, he shared the same position I did in regards to your being against extra mode:

On 2006-01-25 18:21, PhruitBaskit wrote:
I honestly don't see what you could possibly have against 'extra' mode. What if you want to play with a char that you created when you can't get online???

I didn't make it up... it's right after your own post, the one that I quoted in the first place. Go check it out, seeing how you skipped right over it. Or maybe it's that selective reading comprehension kicking in again. It's partly why I keep ending up argueing with you, and no one else.

Maybe I'll stop picking apart your posts when you cut the sweet talking bullcrap and stand up for yourself instead of fleeing the scene whenever things don't go your way. It's pretty weak when you play the coward and chime in with "yeah, that's kinda what I meant all this time lol" after someone else says something while you were hiding in the corner. You didn't mean crap. You said something stupid, I called you on it, and you don't have a legitimate retort. This is what, the fourth time?

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2006, 09:27 PM
On 2006-01-26 17:56, Parn wrote:
I love this kind of stuff. Epic struggles concerning an entire universe as opposed to some kid and his love interest... I hope they flesh it out a lot, including online quests.

Is that true? You love the offline mode? Seems to be you seemed quite mocking of me when I made comments about it like:

"I kinda liked the idea of offline being a regular RPG for me to work on. Its nice to sometimes have static chars that go through dynamic personality changes when forced by the hands of fate to determine their destinies."

Remember, you didnt agree with what I said before. But, dont take my word for it. Lets take YOUR word for it:

"You could replay the story mode a million times like a total rebel, and you could be happy and everyone else who doesn't want to stick to story mode can have their fun too."

"Offline still is a regular RPG to work on, no matter how many extra features you unlock. You play story mode, and it's a regular RPG. When extra mode is unlocked, you can be a total caveman and grunt in disgust, shake your fist at the gods, and proceed to select story mode again. Craziness."

Hmmm. Seems you like regular RPGs. Tell me, why do you come here? Do you only like online RPGs or are you willing to give anything Phantasy Star a chance. Im curious, cause Im willing. Thats a topic for another discussion. Ill just finish this post with 3 points:

1. People agree with me because I have my own opinion, state why I believe it & leave others to decide what they will. They stand by me because they choose to. I dont hide.

2. Your argument with me is an argument with yourself. You make it a point to shout me out by name. Thats what you ask for, not me.

3. Selective reading comprehension? That a fact? Mincing people's quotes is misrepresenting them. If youre going to quote someone, be respectful enough to present everything they posted.

In the words of the great Stan Lee: 'Nuff said.

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 09:43 PM
If you two want to argue, use the Private Messaging system. This thread is about Extra Mode, not what you think about each other. Any further off-topic messages will result in the thread being locked.

DeathMachine
Jan 26, 2006, 11:15 PM
So, how 'bout that extra mode...
How would you go about choosing to have the story chars join you? Would they be available for anywhere? Seems like you would only have one save file then.

Discuss!

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 01:06 AM
The extra mode sounds interesting, but it just seems a lil bit much.