PDA

View Full Version : PC: Believers of a Q1 2006 Release Date

Jivemonkey
Jan 21, 2006, 08:41 PM
Hey, I think that there might be a Q1 2006 release. Today I went into Gamestop to reserve the game, and I asked "When is it due out?" my response was "First week of May"
I was shocked, I expected them to say something along the lines of November or December, so here is for hoping that Gamestop is right *crosses fingers*

BeatZero
Jan 21, 2006, 08:47 PM
Theres a thread about 1 or two down that is about Sega announcing a fall 06 release. Unless they're counting May as early freaking fall, it will be out later.

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 08:52 PM
Yes, I don't mean to be rude, but reading would help.

DavidNel
Jan 21, 2006, 09:42 PM
I don't know. I went to my gamestop today and they said the same thing. I have already read the post about it coming out later, but I can hope right? Either way, if I can import it I will. I really does hope it comes out before school starts again...

Dre_o
Jan 21, 2006, 10:23 PM
You guys MUST REMEMBER, we got this information strait from ST. Stores may not get this info for several days, unless they go and look it up.

OdinTyler
Jan 22, 2006, 09:34 AM
If we know PSU wont come out til Fall, who authorized this forum being moved to PSU General? I mean, cmon we KNOW theres a delay, so what was the point? This thread shouldve been locked up when the delay was announced. Theres not much of a chance that PSU will get cancelled as...well...ST is gonna be in a s---load of trouble if they try something that idiotic.

butzopower
Jan 23, 2006, 12:19 AM
There is still the small small chance that it won't come to the US. By Fall the PS3 will be out, and SoA might decide it's a bad idea to localize it.

SoA has done these types of things in the past. Need I remind anyone of Propellor Arena :'(.

Russ2576
Jan 23, 2006, 12:22 AM
Propellor Arena was cancelled due to the events of 9/11, since in the game planes could crash into buildings.

kazuma56
Jan 23, 2006, 03:44 AM
On 2006-01-22 21:19, butzopower wrote:
There is still the small small chance that it won't come to the US. By Fall the PS3 will be out, and SoA might decide it's a bad idea to localize it.

SoA has done these types of things in the past. Need I remind anyone of Propellor Arena :'(.

I think a better one would be the fact that they didn't FINISH releasing the Shining Force 3 game(s)down hereafter just giving us SF3 chapter 1.

And we really don't know when the PS3 will release, I imagine at E3 we will probably hear of a Japan release date of maybe summer or late spring...making the U.S release around the time of late fall or december (if even that, maybe early 07.....)

tank1
Jan 23, 2006, 04:02 AM
Living in the UK makes you pretty negative when it comes to release's "OMFG they delayed it agaun" these words creep up every five minutes here. You say may for an american release? im seeing the uk release more around the time of december and thats my positive view.

Yummi
Jan 23, 2006, 02:59 PM
PSO series was pretty successful in US i'd say so I think ST wouldn't cancel just because they can see both the sales, and had servers so they actually got to see the playerbase first hand. I'm sure all of this went into their research when planning their 5th venture of this series online and saw it has potential to be pretty successful(even if it doesnt reach WoW status. When will it come out I dont think anyone knows for sure, maybe a month or two before or after maybe it will be delayed again. However, if I had to take a guess i'd guess a late october release.

butzopower
Jan 23, 2006, 10:24 PM
Really, I should expect everything PS related to come to the US. Why did we get PSO+?

Yea, Propellor Arena did get canned because of 9/11, but at that time SoA was taking whatever excuse they could not to release games here, although PA was already produced, etc. I will never let that down :'(.

More what I mean to say is that Sega was noctoriuos for cancelling games towards the end of the DC's life. With next-gen around the corner the PS2's life is slowly coming to an end. Although there are still lots of games slated for release on the PS2.

I just have a really haunting feeling.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-01-22 21:19, butzopower wrote:

Hopefully, for now it'll just be a small chance.
Also, it looks like it's being released in Fall 06....either this is better or worse, lol