PDA

View Full Version : PC version, Lan-able??

TaoWu
Jan 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
I wounder if PSU for the PC will have a Lan feature? because some people might not be able to aford the monthly charges for some reason so a lan feature would be really good i think. What do you guys think?

Dre_o
Jan 22, 2006, 08:24 PM
I doubt that it is gonna happen. This just doesn't seem like a game that that would make a good type of gameplay in.

SirAri
Jan 22, 2006, 08:28 PM
Also, hacking would be less preventable if this were actually implemented.

MXdude
Jan 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
Then what ST wouldnt make money for onlien play. If you can get the online gameplay for free, why pay?

SirAri
Jan 22, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-01-22 17:40, MXdude wrote:
Then what ST wouldnt make money for onlien play. If you can get the online gameplay for free, why pay?

It would be on a local network, as oposed to the web.

I still don't support the idea, though.

MXdude
Jan 22, 2006, 09:19 PM
Even so, if that was available,people would find ways to make servers accross the internet.(which i wouldnt mind cuz ST is making me mad with this delay...)

Inazuma
Jan 22, 2006, 09:25 PM
there is just no need. meet up w/ your friends online and make a password'd room.

Kimil
Jan 22, 2006, 09:27 PM
Nope, because then you would have to have your characters saved on your PC PS2, which makes them easy to hack.

But, like the guy before said, ppl could probably make their own severs but they wouldn't be connected to the main servers.

MXdude
Jan 22, 2006, 09:30 PM
Iv never liked the idea of saving characters server-side :-/ I just feel like its not truly yoru character. Like in pso for gc, you had them on your memorycard so anywhere you went, you could bring them, even after they take down teh servers. Now with PSU once the servers go down...so does all your weapons,characters, and time. I dont know maybe its jsut me but i wish there was a way to save them to memorycards, even if tis easier to hack.

VioletSkye
Jan 22, 2006, 09:47 PM
I think being able to play LAN games would be great. I used to play LAN games all the time on Diablo 2 and it was a blast. Sometimes its nice not to have to worry about password protecting your game and getting together with a small group. I doubt it will be an option in PSU though.

Blitzkommando
Jan 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-01-22 18:47, VioletSkye wrote:
I think being able to play LAN games would be great. I used to play LAN games all the time on Diablo 2 and it was a blast. Sometimes its nice not to have to worry about password protecting your game and getting together with a small group. I doubt it will be an option in PSU though.

Ah reminds me of the days when I would LAN up our computers for an all nighter of Age of Empires II or Doom II. That was always a blast.

Sure it would be nice, but since the characters are likely server-side saved it isn't likely. Unless you could have a LAN multi-mode where you could save your characters for the LAN games. That would be real neat, but would also require a bit of work on Sega's part for getting the mode all set up. The other problem, for Sega anyway, would be people buying just for the LAN mode.

Kent
Jan 22, 2006, 10:27 PM
Uh... It won't happen. As much as it would be nice, it's a bad move; nobody with the PC version would pay for online play, because they'd all be on free servers, just like RO turned out. :/ Of course, it'll undoubtedly happen to an extent, already, but if there were LAN play, people would find a way to bridge it over the internet, and it'd be much easier to just play with friends...

watashiwa
Jan 23, 2006, 12:44 AM
If they did allow LAN play, they'd have to not allow people to be able to bring their LAN characters to the official servers. (Due to cheating, item creation and the like..)

I doubt they'll allow it.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 01:25 AM
The idea seems both sweet and flawed.
Nope, nothing else to say, lol