PDA

View Full Version : CHaracter Customization Downloads?

Kimil
Jan 24, 2006, 05:20 PM
Don't you think it would be a cool idea for ST to make a demo of the Character Customization downloadable? Just to see what we could make? I mean, these delays are such bullcrap... they owe us something... I dunno

SirAri
Jan 24, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-01-24 14:20, Kimil wrote:
Don't you think it would be a cool idea for ST to make a demo of the Character Customization downloadable? Just to see what we could make? I mean, these delays are such bullcrap... they owe us something... I dunno

I agree.

On everything.

But I'm a man of action!

So I say enough of these threads!

Lets do something about it!

But what?

And how?

Kimil
Jan 24, 2006, 05:24 PM
Petition? I dunno... its not like ST has a conplaint 'in box'... not in North America anyway...

DavidNel
Jan 24, 2006, 05:33 PM
Doesn't Ryna (or something... the MOD person) have a way to contact them? He did about the release date. He could ask them. I don't know how much it would do, but it is worth a try.

So if your not to busy.... XD

SirAri
Jan 24, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-01-24 14:24, Kimil wrote:
Petition? I dunno... its not like ST has a conplaint 'in box'... not in North America anyway...

What would a petition do?

We need to specifically speak (chat?) with those in charge of making the game to get anything done.

We saw how well customer service works with sega... -_-

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 24, 2006, 05:49 PM
I would love something like that. Didint FFXI have something along those lines?

Kimil
Jan 24, 2006, 05:54 PM
No clue , but SirAri is right, we should try SOMETHING... but what?

Kano-Okami
Jan 24, 2006, 05:57 PM
I'd love to see a playable sample on a demo disc . I'm surprised ,with all these delays, they haven't sent one out yet in a magazine like Famitsu or the PlayStation Magazine. It'd be a pleasent surprise to find in my mailbox though, thats for sure.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 24, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-01-24 14:22, SirAri wrote:

On 2006-01-24 14:20, Kimil wrote:

I agree.

On everything.

But I'm a man of action!

So I say enough of these threads!

Lets do something about it!

But what?

And how?

Burn Sega Co. to the ground! and threaten slaughter Sonic team and Naka-sama!
BWaha, Bwahahahahah, BWAHAHAHAHA...

alright. maybe not that much action.

How about a letter? a very very polite letter giving them our side of the story, as loyal PSO players.

And that we would request. we DEEPLY request a Demo, Even like, a updated E3 demo.
With, say.... i donno, not a Free demo server to expirement online life, but how about a demo.
Just a Demo of extra mode so we can create a character and play the first say, two or three demo dungeons?

princejake2
Jan 24, 2006, 06:14 PM
Even the E3 demo would be fine, IMO. If someone does find out about a demo in OPM or PSM or whatever, make sure I know so I can go out and buy the mag ^_^

Ryna
Jan 24, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-01-24 14:33, DavidNel wrote:
Doesn't Ryna (or something... the MOD person) have a way to contact them? He did about the release date. He could ask them. I don't know how much it would do, but it is worth a try.

It isn't like I can just send in an email asking for them to make a character creation demonstration program. Making a program like that requires a lot of lead-time. Also, there is evidence that the character-creation system is still being developed and refined.

Still, I'll poke around and see if there is anyway to contact anyone about the issue.

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 06:19 PM
I posted about a what if for a creation demo months ago. It would be nice, but, I dont expect it. If they did decide to mass produce the demo I played for say, 5 bucks? That would be so bad. Its only 2 lvls, however, we'd be able to practice. Anything more than that would be a ripoff. Idk who has the power to talk to anyone in ST to POSSIBLY release a demo. I know I can speak for all of us here that if its entirely possible, we here would appreciate it.

princejake2
Jan 24, 2006, 06:26 PM
Well maybey if they saw the support of this many people behined it, then they might do it.

ajenteks
Jan 24, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-01-24 15:26, princejake2 wrote:
Well maybey if they saw the support of this many people behined it, then they might do it.

The game is being delayed enough because of their own stuff they want to have in and working. At this point, I don't think fan desires are being considered at all, let alone seriously.

princejake2
Jan 24, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-01-24 15:29, ajenteks wrote:

On 2006-01-24 15:26, princejake2 wrote:

The game is being delayed enough because of their own stuff they want to have in and working. At this point, I don't think fan desires are being considered at all, let alone seriously.

Meh. Just an idea.

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 06:31 PM
That has nothing to do with the game. All theyd have to do is take the char creation mode, copy it onto a DVD & release it as a demo. Its not that hard. Considering the extended delay without so much as an excuse, let alone a reason, its not something they couldnt do. Just a matter of WILL they do it.

Ryna
Jan 24, 2006, 06:37 PM
On 2006-01-24 15:31, OdinTyler wrote:
That has nothing to do with the game. All theyd have to do is take the char creation mode, copy it onto a DVD & release it as a demo. Its not that hard. Considering the extended delay without so much as an excuse, let alone a reason, its not something they couldnt do. Just a matter of WILL they do it.

Speaking from a developer's point of view, there is a little more to it than that. Besides, if they were going to release a demo, I imagine they want to their character creation system to be almost complete.

As for the petition idea, it would have to be Japanese-initiated for them to take it seriously.

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2006, 06:45 PM
Theres no point in the Japanese asking for that. Its less than 2 months away for them. Theyre not the ones waiting til almost 2007.

princejake2
Jan 24, 2006, 06:51 PM
You know, I might just import PSU for my birthday to save myself the trouble of having to wait lol

SirAri
Jan 24, 2006, 09:17 PM
I second the motion, sadly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kent
Jan 24, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-01-24 14:49, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
I would love something like that. Didint FFXI have something along those lines?

FFXI's character customization is nowhere near what PSO's was, or what PSU's is going to be.

But it did... Kinda. It was just portraits of all the different hairstyles and colors. To store pictures of every combination of character looks for PSU would probably take up more data than the game itself...

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 24, 2006, 11:07 PM
Actually clumsy doesn't know much about what's going on on the JP side of things. He didn't even know those live streams happened.

I say we just sit quietly until its out. SEGA wouldn't blunder this.

Zantra
Jan 25, 2006, 03:21 AM
It doesn't appear that you can make uber fat characters like in PSO, I wanna remake my fat FOnewm "Pancake", and I don't think i'll be able to do it with this system... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sinue_v2
Jan 25, 2006, 03:33 AM
I think you will Zan... I remember seeing a few demos from TGS that showed off PSU's network mode and it had some fairly tubby characters in it.

As for the delay... I still don't see what the big deal is. OOohhh.. it got delayed 6 whole months, when Sonic Team (if I'm not mistaken) never had an offical US release date to begin with. I think SOA just copy/pasted the JP release date "until further notice". Hell half of the "delays" aren't even delays - but rather outside media/retail sources jumping the gun and speculating.

I'm in no particular hurry to get my hands on PSU. Yeah, I want the game.. I want it bad. But I'd rather have a GOOD product, than a broken or buggy mess just because Sonic Team wanted to please the impatients. I've been waiting over 10 years for Phantasy Star V.. and you know what.. we STILL don't have it.. but PSU's offline mode is close enough to satisfy me for awhile longer.

So do what Phantasy Star fans have always done. Sit back, relax, play some PS games.. and at least this time revel in the knowladge that you will be getting something down the road at least - rather than speculation or outright denials.