PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Carts

WraithVerge
Jan 26, 2006, 02:23 AM
This is a wierd one, and I really don't know why I'm bothered by all this but please bear with me.

So I'm driving to Wal-Mart, cruising between the parking aisles when I see an open spot. Fuck yeah! I think to myself and begin to pull into it when suddenly... I see 10 shopping carts in the parking spot. What. The. Fuck. This is insane. Why, oh sweet God, why are people so damn lazy these days? It is a simple task: you walk, you push, you leave it in the fucking marked area. An armless monkey with down syndrome and narcolepsy could do it, so there's no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to.

Seriously, is it so fucking hard to push a 10 lbs. cart to a cart storage area 5 yards away? If it is, I am eternally sorry and apologize to each and every one of you bastards.

But wait! There's more! What the fuck is up with people leaving carts in the middle of the damn road!? This bothers me way more than leaving them in parking spots for the simple fact that you can just ignore it and go to the next spot, but in the middle of the fucking road? I can't drive to the store anymore without having to participate in a fucking slalom race. I'm just about to the point where I'm going to plow into a mass pile of carts and say "Fuck you!" to everyone.

I did get the pleasure of watching a woman push a cart away, watch the cart careen downhill, then smash into a parked car. I also watched a man who parked his vehicle right next to a cart deposit area and yet... he leaves his cart in the middle of the road. What. the. FUCK.

Lazy fucking bastards...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-01-25 23:24 ]</font>

Alielle
Jan 26, 2006, 02:44 AM
It's Wal-Mart. That's probably all one really needs to say.

But yeah, people are lazy asses. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 26, 2006, 03:07 AM
Well parking next to someone isn't any better.

If you're not the lucky guy getting his car hit by a shopping cart, you might be the lucky guy getting his car hit by the car doors next to you.

PIT
Jan 26, 2006, 03:23 AM
in our country if you want to take a shopping cart, you have to insert a coin into it and you can get it back only after you'll leave the cart in a right place. that's a good idea.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 26, 2006, 01:01 PM
On 2006-01-26 00:23, PIT wrote:
in our country if you want to take a shopping cart, you have to insert a coin into it and you can get it back only after you'll leave the cart in a right place. that's a good idea.

They tried that here once. But then other people began taking the carts that didnt belong to them to steal the coin... preety pathetic.

In all truth Walmart and other "supermarkets" have employees specifically designated for the dutie of cart retrieval... they too are lazy asses. I have to say the only place I have witnessed to be efficient in this task is Costco. Man their employees huzzle to get the carts back to the docking area... so much so that sometimes they even help you unload just to get the cart back from you... now that is service.

ABDUR101
Jan 26, 2006, 01:07 PM

The local Aldi's does that, yeah. Surprisingly, every cart is always returned, whereas I figured people would still just leave their cart there and go "meh, fuck it, it's a quarter".

No one steals anyone else's carts though. o_O

"...where's my cart..?"

*Meanwhile, outside...*
"Woohoo! Quarter!"

Neith
Jan 26, 2006, 01:16 PM
The coin system's still used over here, but you get lowlifes using other trolleys to steal the money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif It's a pound for god's sake, not a 20 pound note..

Yeah, I hear you on the whole leaving carts in the road- I live on a pretty run-down estate, there's more shopping carts than cars. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

People here just take their shopping home, and dump the trolley in the alleyway, and wait for a local authority to pick it up.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Is it really so hard to take the trolley back?

Scejntjynahl
Jan 26, 2006, 01:17 PM
On 2006-01-26 10:07, ABDUR101 wrote:

The local Aldi's does that, yeah. Surprisingly, every cart is always returned, whereas I figured people would still just leave their cart there and go "meh, fuck it, it's a quarter".

No one steals anyone else's carts though. o_O

"...where's my cart..?"

*Meanwhile, outside...*
"Woohoo! Quarter!"

Funny stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But it got to the point of where homeless people would harrass you for the cart for the sake of getting a quarter. So they would congregate around the store wating. I don't blame them though, I mean you gotta do what you gotta do. And Im certain that its more cost effective to return one cart for a quarter than to collect five lbs of cans for about the same.

meh.

Just return the carts people, or just carry the damned stuff in the alloted plastic bags (non biogradeable to boot).

Firocket1690
Jan 26, 2006, 06:25 PM
hey! I did that whole quarter thing!
That was back when the little vending machines still cost 25 cents. Damned machnies are going up to fifty cents for a gumball or whatever's in the little capsules these days.

But then I turned seven, so go that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Otis_Kat
Jan 26, 2006, 07:01 PM
Like every Aldi's store does the coin thing, no problems in my area and never a cart left out. Shows you how greedy people are.

Charmander02
Jan 30, 2006, 12:32 PM
I used to steal shopping carts and ride around in them with my friends, then we used to tie it to the back of my bike to make a train type thing.

But for the most part i put them back.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DavidNel
Jan 30, 2006, 06:32 PM
That reminds me of wheel-chair racking in the mall. Pay $2 for one and have an afternoon of fun! We always put them back though.

Decay of sociaty is inevetable. It will happen to everyone eventually. It won't change unless we HAVE to work. My parents are even starting to get lazy. (EX: not putting the carts back.) I must pick up their slack now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DavidNel on 2006-01-30 15:32 ]</font>

Skuda
Jan 30, 2006, 06:38 PM
it's a different story when the store decides not to have any cart corals in their huge parking lot. >_>

zwandude15
Jan 30, 2006, 09:41 PM
...back on topic...

10 shopping carts in one spot?!

Okay, I might understand, one, maybe two if it was pushed/formed into the other one, but ten!?

...and a shopping cart in the middle of the road is...unacceptable. I've never, ever experienced something like that.

I feel bad for you, I see why you needed all the F-yous...

Sinue_v2
Jan 31, 2006, 06:40 AM
Noone can say I'm lazy....

I flip my cart upside down when I leave it in the middle of a parking spot.

</evil>

Tystys
Jan 31, 2006, 09:41 PM
O_o
I suppose I feel your pain...not really, but I'm here for ya! lol

Orange_Coconut
Jan 31, 2006, 10:37 PM
Actually, I am working at a supermarket and I must say that 98% of the time it's the customers that are total idiots when it comes to leaving their carts.

The thing is, we get in trouble if we don't do our best out there. Mainly because there are shifts, everyone has to go out and do it. If someone goes out and finds that there are mass amounts of carts all over the lot, then they can look up the last person who was supposed to be on duty and complain. You could call it tattling I suppose, but it's no fun to retrieve loads of carts scattered everywhere along the parking lot.

People leave them in the middle of the lot, in parking spaces, in the lot of the liquor store next door, around the lights where there is no parking allowed, by the dumpster, tipped over the hill in the back of the lot, on the curb... It's ridiculous. Actually, I remember -- Employees cannot park in the parking lot of our supermarket, so we must park either on a road near it (2 hour parking max, no good...), or by the church near it (you need a permit to park there though). I have a permit, and it's 2 roads from the parking lot of the supermarket, I remember finding a cart there once which was rather bothersome. It was either an employee or someone who was going to church after getting their goods at our store I guess.

But people also are very rude in the parking lot, there are different kinds of carts in our store (they are very different, very easy to tell apart). One is the traditional cart with a lot of space in it. The other, however, is a smaller cart with a top storage area and a bottom storage area. Now.. They can't fit on one another, despite what morons may think, and when someone tosses a cart and says "thanks!" as they run off to their car without asking if you needed it or not, it can create problems.

Since the carts aren't made to stack with eachother (and the smaller carts turn quickly without anyone on their handle), they either fly toward your stack of carts and bounce off -- which is a problem... Or they just kind of shift direction and fly into a car (if you're not fast enough to retrieve it). The worst part is, if you chase after the loose cart, you need to rush back to the stack of carts too so they don't smash into anything, or anyone. You get in trouble for anything that happens to these people or their cars. It's understandable, but people make it very difficult most of the time to make collecting carts go smoothly.

Since our parking lot is on a bit of a slant, that's where the major problem comes in. Plus sometimes people assume they have your attention and fling a cart at you expecting you to get it. There's a reason why I say "Would you like me to take that for you?" whenever I see someone with an empty cart they're about to return.. The cart bay area is there for a reason, and it's such a short walk. So, all in all, I would say it's mainly the customers fault.