PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this before??

Zelutos
Jan 26, 2006, 02:02 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6982094603571185940&q=Phantasy+Star+Universe

Ethan reminds me of Dante with some of the funky moves he's doing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-01-26 11:03 ]</font>

DeathMachine
Jan 26, 2006, 02:14 PM
One of the Claw PAs is to rocket them off your hands? Seems odd...

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 02:27 PM
It seems someone decided to "borrow" Jonathan F's music video:

http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/psu/trailers/psutheme.avi

Kent
Jan 26, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-01-26 11:14, DeathMachine wrote:
One of the Claw PAs is to rocket them off your hands? Seems odd...

Those weren't claws, they were knuckles.

SirAri
Jan 26, 2006, 03:33 PM
Wow.

That song was terrible.

Its sounds like something I would write, thats how bad it is. o_o

Ethan does sport some pretty cool moves there, though.

Kimil
Jan 26, 2006, 03:35 PM
hmmm, I liked it, but at times the pictures didn't fit the feel of the song.

And the Song was.... a bit stale

DeathMachine
Jan 26, 2006, 04:15 PM
Especially the dance part. Yick.

Zelutos
Jan 26, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-01-26 11:27, Ryna wrote:
It seems someone decided to "borrow" Jonathan F's music video:

http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/psu/trailers/psutheme.avi

Seriously?!?!

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-01-26 13:40, Zelutos wrote:
Seriously?!?!

Yes, that is Jonathan F's video. He took some brief snippets from other videos and arranged them so they fit the feel of the main song.

The "borrowing" of PSU content from PSOW is starting to become a problem, especially for contributor content.

Zelutos
Jan 26, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-01-26 13:43, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-01-26 13:40, Zelutos wrote:
Seriously?!?!

Yes, that is Jonathan F's video. He took some brief snippets from other videos and arranged them so they fit the feel of the main song.

The "borrowing" of PSU content from PSOW is starting to become a problem, especially for contributor content.

Do we plan on retaliating??

DeathMachine
Jan 26, 2006, 05:20 PM
Fire Artillary Rounds!

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 05:23 PM
On 2006-01-26 14:17, Zelutos wrote:

We do what we can. It just depends on the country of where the server with the content is being hosted.

If you see other things like this, I would appreciate it if someone would drop me a PM.

Zelutos
Jan 26, 2006, 05:40 PM
On 2006-01-26 14:23, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-01-26 14:17, Zelutos wrote:

We do what we can. It just depends on the country of where the server with the content is being hosted.

If you see other things like this, I would appreciate it if someone would drop me a PM.

Will do, boss! *thumbs up*

therealAERO
Jan 26, 2006, 06:00 PM
Its on google video. Google is the one hosting it now.

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-01-26 15:00, therealAERO wrote:

In this instance, Jonathan_F will have to contact Google if he wants the video removed since he is the one that made it. Google has some strict guidelines about who can make requests for removal of content.

SirAri
Jan 26, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-01-26 15:08, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-01-26 15:00, therealAERO wrote:

In this instance, Jonathan_F will have to contact Google if he wants the video removed since he is the one that made it. Google has some strict guidelines about who can make requests for removal of content.

Would it really matter though?

I mean google is a search engine, not some random guy with a website trying to get more hits by leeching off of someone elses work.

Thats like accusing an encyclopedia of copyright infringement.

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-01-26 15:13, SirAri wrote:
Would it really matter though?

I mean google is a search engine, not some random guy with a website trying to get more hits by leeching off of someone elses work.

Thats like accusing an encyclopedia of copyright infringement.

For normal site indexing, it wouldn't be a problem. In this case though, it uses the Google Video service. Users have to explicitly upload videos to that service. Google does not download videos and automatically add them to their video service. So, there is a big difference. This particular video was uploaded willfully by someone named Koneko.

DavidNel
Jan 26, 2006, 08:19 PM
watching the buttons on the bottom right of the screen, it looks like one press of the button preforms more than one attack. I could be looking at it wrong, but thats what it looks like.

It sorta (slightly) reminds me of TOS battle system. It was a little slopy, but thats what made it fun...

Does anyone else see that.... it could be my contacts, to lazy to buy new ones.

HatMaster
Jan 26, 2006, 08:53 PM
RE: The song.

It's not that the song sucks. It's just in English. Seriously, the lyrics were ridiculous. The music and voice were fine...it's just those horrible lyrics. Put them in ANY other language and the song would be good, if only because we won't be able to understand what the heck they're saying.

antarcticaPSU
Jan 27, 2006, 12:50 PM
i didnt see that main song it sounds sorta GROSS

DeathMachine
Jan 27, 2006, 12:55 PM
Because any lousy song lyrics in a language you can understand usually sound gross

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 05:19 PM
Ain't it the truth....

Atayin
Jan 28, 2006, 05:21 AM
WONDERFUL. Now I have to un-learn english in order to enjoy that song.

Something I can't stand in the videos (maybe I'm too picky) is that their hands never move in the cutscenes! Even in the bare-fist fights, Ethan doesn't make a fist. He swings his arm around with his hand shaped like he's pointing an imagionary gun. It's not gonna affect gameplay or anything, so it's a minor gripe.. I just hope they polish that up.

Rain_1
Jan 28, 2006, 07:42 AM
Ahh... but we do need lyrics! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PS.: Somebody can fill in the blanks? I can't understand wtf they're saying..
And somebody with some musical knowledge can split the text like it's supposed to be? I never could do that correctly.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
This is something i just came up with from listening to the song for the first time... i'd guess it's somewhat correct, aside from the parts i couldn't understand.

Who said we're lost again in this lonely world..

I say we can start again
we are on the same ship
it's called starship earth

It is not to late
its our home
so don't say that it is fake

we must not give up to build our future
on our dreams

we will never lay down in life
but we'll find a way to survive
we all have somebody we love
we know that's why we're here

we battle for freedom
it is a battle against the dark
i have my dreams,
you know i'm not affraid of ???????
???? ??? ???????

we battle for tomorrow
it is a battle against time
and we can do miracles
so take my hand

we need to save this world

it was a hard time, so many tears
it's not for nothing
to give up is not a choice
it's a fight we have to win

i can not live with ???????
??????? ????? ???????
we all have save somebody we love

we battle for freedom
we all have dreams
and ???? ????? ??????
??? ????? ??????

we battle for tomorrow
so many tears have been shed
but don't say fear <- This doesn't make sense. So, it's prolly wrong.

we will never lay down in life
but we will find a way to survive

we battle for freedom
i have my dreams,
you know i'm not affraid of ??????????
????? ????? ???????

we battle for tomorrow
and we can do miracles
so take my hand

I really love the chorus.. yeah, it's kinda cheesy, but i'm sure most songs in japanese that we love are just as cheesy.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2006-01-28 04:56 ]</font>

princejake2
Jan 28, 2006, 10:43 AM
to get back on subject, I like the music but at times its kinda wierd.

DavidNel
Jan 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
music=blarg

what happened to the classical stuff? It was kinda creepy if you were playing alone at night, but it is better than this.

SirAri
Jan 28, 2006, 12:11 PM
I guess the song would probably sound alot better if it was in japanese instead of the crappy engrish.

Parn
Jan 28, 2006, 12:23 PM
If it were in Japanese, the lyrics would probably have ended up translating to the same given message. It'd just sound "exotic" to us, which is no different than Sonic Team's preference for English vocals in their games because it sounds "exotic" to Japanese gamers.

A lot of RPG and anime vocal themes have extremely corny lyrics.

DizzyDi
Jan 28, 2006, 12:37 PM
On 2006-01-28 09:23, Parn wrote:
If it were in Japanese, the lyrics would probably have ended up translating to the same given message. It'd just sound "exotic" to us, which is no different than Sonic Team's preference for English vocals in their games because it sounds "exotic" to Japanese gamers.

And the truth shall set you free.

Yummi
Jan 28, 2006, 12:39 PM
On 2006-01-28 09:23, Parn wrote:

I dont know... everyones saying that if it were in a language you can't understand it would sound better. It sounds 80's ish lol. It sounds like the songs off the sonic games and that's awful. It should be outlawed...

Sovre
Jan 28, 2006, 12:50 PM
The fight scenes are really cool though, so watching it with sound off, it's a nice video.

Lovejuice
Jan 28, 2006, 12:52 PM
One of the most interesting things about the song is the strict melody - following a couple of other PSU tunes pretty precisely. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing, or rather, hearing, what implications it shall have on other tracks within the score. When you've got people like Kenichi Tokoi infusing their own styles into the music, it'll be something to hear!

And then of course, there's the guaranteed 'slow' or 'ending' variant. Which I suspect might work to greater effect with Kelli's vocals. Especially when you consider that a large part of her work revolves around somewhat slower R&B and Latino-esque type music.

Having these cheese-riddled tunes is pretty much part and parcel of a Sega videogame (or pretty much any videogame). Learn to embrace it and wallow in it's cornyness. It'll only enhance your experience, teehee.

If you look at songs in general (regardless of region), there's not actually many that don't sound perfectly ridiculous on their own, minus the music and melody.

SirAri
Jan 28, 2006, 12:52 PM
Leave the 80's out of this...

I love 80's music... XD

*cuddles a synthesizer and a keyboard guitar*

Parn
Jan 28, 2006, 12:57 PM
Ultimately, how it sounds to my ears matters more than the actual lyrics themselves. It's precisely why I buy so much game music and can still listen to the cheesiness from games like Sonic R without a care in the world. Sonic R has some of the silliest lyrics to ever grace game music, but the melody and vocals are outstanding.

Eihwaz
Jan 28, 2006, 01:00 PM
Cool video; lame music. I also hope you guys can solve the whole content theft thing. D:

I don't see what the problem is, the English songs in PSO were all really awesome. The Whole New World was a great intro song, and Can Still See The Light was a beautiful ending song for Ep1. World With Me is also really cool, almost R&B style song, with awesome lyrics.

I miss you, Loren. ;_;

Lovejuice
Jan 28, 2006, 01:14 PM
On 2006-01-28 09:57, Parn wrote:
Ultimately, how it sounds to my ears matters more than the actual lyrics themselves. It's precisely why I buy so much game music and can still listen to the cheesiness from games like Sonic R without a care in the world. Sonic R has some of the silliest lyrics to ever grace game music, but the melody and vocals are outstanding.
What I've always found particularily fun about the Sonic R music, is that if you listen to the instrumental versions of the tracks (either via the soundtrack or through the 'Vocals: OFF' option), a large part of the experience is just completely lost. I agree, for all its lyrical nonsense, it comes together to make all-round great music.

In a similar vein, when I first fought my way to the end credits in PSO v2, I was completely blown over by the lyrical version of 'Can Still See the Light', over the previous 'La La' version of v1. They're both brilliant songs, and I still find it extremely difficult to pick which one I prefer. So much so, that I don't even bother and just love the two of them. Such is the power of melody! I'd certainly be interested in finding out what the userbase thought of each version.

I'll freely admit being guilty of buying legions of largely 'stupid videogame music'. Infact, I'm probably guilty of singing some things from Sonic R out loud back in 1997, and even so now, when the playlist stumbles across 'S'. Can you feel the sunshine?

Espilonarge
Jan 28, 2006, 03:19 PM
Not to be picky but its "We battle for true moral", not "We battle for tommorow."

As for the song, I don't think the song is bad rather the singer is to blame. Sega is hiring actors that when they sing, they don't take there job seriously or put any effort into there singing which makes them sound like a kid going off key and quite allot.

NiGHTS into dreams, Sonic R and even PSO suffer from this issue also (to many Sonic Team games to name). I don't understand how Sega could let this get through but its getting through there quility control centre.

Hire some decent actors Sega!!! *shakes fist* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

PS - Lets just hope the voice actors for PSU won't be bad as the singers, now THAT will ruin the mood and make me want to switch to the Japanese voices.

Inu_Shadi
Jan 28, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-01-28 12:19, Espilonarge wrote:
Not to be picky but its "We battle for true moral", not "We battle for tommorow."

As for the song, I don't think the song is bad rather the singer is to blame. Sega is hiring actors that when they sing, they don't take there job seriously or put any effort into there singing which makes them sound like a kid going off key and quite allot.

NiGHTS into dreams, Sonic R and even PSO suffer from this issue also (to many Sonic Team games to name). I don't understand how Sega could let this get through but its getting through there quility control centre.

Hire some decent actors Sega!!! *shakes fist* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

PS - Lets just hope the voice actors for PSU won't be bad as the singers, now THAT will ruin the mood and make me want to switch to the Japanese voices.

if sonicteam uses the 4kids voice actors for PSU in the USA... im not even gonna say anything...

YaLyn
Jan 28, 2006, 07:15 PM
........ok, do you think this music is memorable or the music from the PSO series. Mostly I would go with the PSO. (Reminds me of Harem "Sarah Brightman")

Kano-Okami
Jan 28, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-01-28 10:14, Lovejuice wrote:

On 2006-01-28 09:57, Parn wrote:
What I've always found particularily fun about the Sonic R music, is that if you listen to the instrumental versions of the tracks (either via the soundtrack or through the 'Vocals: OFF' option), a large part of the experience is just completely lost. I agree, for all its lyrical nonsense, it comes together to make all-round great music.

In a similar vein, when I first fought my way to the end credits in PSO v2, I was completely blown over by the lyrical version of 'Can Still See the Light', over the previous 'La La' version of v1. They're both brilliant songs, and I still find it extremely difficult to pick which one I prefer. So much so, that I don't even bother and just love the two of them. Such is the power of melody! I'd certainly be interested in finding out what the userbase thought of each version.

I'll freely admit being guilty of buying legions of largely 'stupid videogame music'. Infact, I'm probably guilty of singing some things from Sonic R out loud back in 1997, and even so now, when the playlist stumbles across 'S'. Can you feel the sunshine?

LoL, So apparently, I'm not the only one, atleast you don't randomly hum "Super Sonic Racing".. Ah, what times...
But when it comes to game music, it doesn't necessarily change the entire experience, and after all, we've only sampled the themesong..and it isn't that much better then PSO's..
and quit knocking the vocalist in PSU's themesong, they are good, its just..the lyrics could be better. Cheesy music makes the world go 'round..turn on your local pop station and you'll find that out real quick. Aslong as its rythmic and carries a good melody, its ok in my book...

Tystys
Jan 28, 2006, 11:57 PM
I can't talk as much as you guys do about game music, lol.
But yeah, like someone said earlier, the DMC3(Devil May Cry 3) soundtrack has some stupid lyrics, but the music is soooo awesome.

Zelutos
Jan 29, 2006, 04:28 AM
On 2006-01-28 04:42, Rain_1 wrote:

I say we can start again
we are on the same ship

It is not to late
its our home

on our dreams

we will never lay down and die

we battle for freedom
i have my dreams,
you know i'm not afraid of bleeding
it is not time.

we battle for tomorrow
and we can do miracles
so take my hand

we need to save this world!

it's all not for nothing

i can not live without faith
even if i am faced with death
we all have save somebody we love

we battle for freedom
we all have dreams
[and it's a balance to be right
it is not time!]***

we battle for tomorrow
too many tears have been shed
but don't say fear

we battle for freedom
i have my dreams,
it is not time.

we battle for tomorrow
and we can do miracles
so take my hand

I really love the chorus.. yeah, it's kinda cheesy, but i'm sure most songs in japanese that we love are just as cheesy.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2006-01-28 04:56 ]</font>

There you go, i filled in the blanks and corrected some stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

***This one still seems weird. Anyone have any ideas as to what is really said here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-01-29 01:32 ]</font>

Espilonarge
Jan 29, 2006, 06:54 AM
Again with people getting "true moral" mixed up with "tommorow." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Rain_1
Jan 29, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-01-28 09:37, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2006-01-28 09:23, Parn wrote http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif...) which is no different than Sonic Team's preference for English vocals in their games because it sounds "exotic" to Japanese gamers.

And the truth shall set you free.

Hironobu Kageyama will set you free...

On 2006-01-28 10:14, Lovejuice wrote:
I was completely blown over by the lyrical version of 'Can Still See the Light', over the previous 'La La' version of v1. I'd certainly be interested in finding out what the userbase thought of each version.

I really love the la la version.. And i believe it's mostly because i heard it first. If i heard the lyrical version first, maybe i'd like that instead.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Both area really good songs, and it really susprised me to see a fully lyrical version of the ending song.. it was really good..

One thing with psu's intro is the singers voice. It sounds good in the chorus, but everywhere else it's just a mess... old pso vocal artist was much better. This one sounds more childish.

Rain_1
Jan 29, 2006, 01:01 PM
I wonder if we trying to make up the lyrics that everybody hates is being annoying.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Anyway, another go!

-----

I say we can start again
we are on the same ship

It is not to late
its our home

on our dreams

we battle for freedom
i have my dreams,
it is not time. | it isn't time/it is our time*

we battle for tomorrow | we battle for true moral**
and we can do miracles
so take my hand

we need to save this world!

it's all not for nothing

i can not live without faith
even if i am faced with death

we battle for freedom
we all have dreams
and it's a balance to be right | and did you get these to be realized ***
it is not time! | it isn't time/it is our time ****

too many tears have been shed
but don't say fear

we battle for freedom
i have my dreams,
it is not time. it isn't time/it is our time ****

and we can do miracles
so take my hand

----

* It is not time, it isn't time, it's our time. Not sure which one. Is not time/isn't time means the same and doesn't change lyrics, so it doesn't really matter. She could be saying it is our time too. Don't know what to make up out of it.

** I'd argue she says it like "we battle for two-morrow", instead of "two-moral"... Also, i believe that battle for tomorrow/battle against time is a better match lyricaly spealing.. But i don't know for sure

I also believe she's clearly saying one word. We battle for to-mo-rrow.

*** I'm really going for the the realized part. You can clearly hear she saying "and did you get" then i don't know if it's these/those/them/their whatever, but i'll go with those, then you can clearly listen "to be real" and then something that resembles a "ized"...
Also, it would tie in with the we must not give up to build our future on our dreams line.
Not sure if these are the actual lyrics, but the message would be "we have dreams, did you get them to be realized?" and that sounds somewhat accurate and makes sense.

**** same as *. Seems to be "it isn't time"

Tystys
Jan 29, 2006, 04:09 PM
Why do we keep posting the lyrics over and over again? lol

Rain_1
Jan 29, 2006, 04:35 PM
because i'm hoping people will see it so many times and know the lyrics even tho they hate it..

either that or i tried to make one final post with all the differences that are still being discussed so we can know wtf we're talking about.

Tystys
Jan 29, 2006, 04:53 PM
Well guess what? I HAVE DAH FINAL POST NOW! MUAHAHAHA

Zelutos
Jan 30, 2006, 03:23 PM
No you don't. And the reason we keep posting it is because we're correcting it.

OdinTyler
Jan 30, 2006, 04:00 PM
Rather than take sides here, repeatedly reading the song is only gonna wear out its novelty. Any song no matter how many times you hear it is eventually going to get old. The game's not even out yet & Id like to actually be able to enjoy it when I first play the game. I understand that the lyrics are disagreed on. However, repetitive posts do no one any good. Best to leave it be.