PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: PSU soundtrack

Parn
Jan 26, 2006, 09:25 PM
As a reminder, the first soundtrack for PSU (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WWCE-31115&ref=myp) is on sale as of February 22nd in Japan. If you haven't placed a pre-order yet, you may want to consider doing so soon. The soundtrack apparently is going to receive a limited pressing, and CD Japan has already taken the CD off the main list of "upcoming releases", as you now have to do a search for it on the website instead of it being in clear view like it was originally.

If anything, soundtracks with limited printing go for a lot on Ebay several months down the road when they no longer can be purchased. Now's the time to pick it up if you're into game music.

Edit: For those who missed it, here's the game's main theme in orchestrated form, again. (http://synbios.net/games/PSU/misc/psuthemeorchestrated.mp3) The quality sucks, but that's what soundtracks are for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-01-26 18:28 ]</font>

ZulfiqarTheIV
Jan 26, 2006, 09:31 PM
I'll be buyin this, thanks for the reminder.

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the link Parn, but, I thought you were against people getting songs online for free? Would this count as part of that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just an innocent question...

Parn
Jan 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
No, I'm against people downloading entire soundtracks that are brand new, for free. Huge difference.

You're getting gutsy all of a sudden. Good. I like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-01-26 18:34 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jan 26, 2006, 09:45 PM
Also, keep in mind it's a low-quality track. A mere sampler, to make you want the improved quality of the actual soundtrack. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 09:49 PM
What are the shipping charges for CDJapan like?

Parn
Jan 26, 2006, 09:56 PM
If you go with EMS, your CD will arrive in mere days, but it costs about $13. Registered Mail puts you at about $10 instead, but it takes several days longer. Both of these shipping methods are insured and tracked. If you get into the cheaper shipping, Air Mail is about $6, but it has no tracking or anything, and it takes a little over a week. Economy is about $3, but be warned, you get what you pay for, heh.

The CD itself is about $20.

Anytime you buy from CD Japan, it's best to buy several CDs at once instead of just one at a time, which is what I usually do. I'm expecting four import CDs tomorrow, as an example... can't wait to listen to Rogue Galaxy and Ar Tonelico's music.

Inazuma
Jan 26, 2006, 09:56 PM
the pc ver has a 8 gig space requirement rite? and we already know that large patches are impossible thx to the ps2's limits. therefore, im gonna assume that we install our psus onto our hard drives. meaning, the soundtrack is included.

so wouldnt it be a waste to buy the soundtrack if we are already getting it for free along w/ the game? it should be as simple as going to the bgm folder, and playing the music. or if you choose, copy them onto your ipod or other similar device and listen to it anywhere else.

Parn
Jan 26, 2006, 10:00 PM
Assuming the music is in an easily accessible format, then yes, you'd be correct. Personally, I'm a huge proponent of supporting game companies who make great games, and buying the soundtrack is part of that while getting the ability to receive something I enjoy.

PSO Blue Burst may have had the music available in the folders, but I prefer my audio to be a little less compressed. I'm something of an audiophile, and I'd prefer to own the soundtrack itself and encode it into a format suitable for my nitpicky ears.

Edit: Ryna beat me to it, and you're welcome Ryna, heh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-01-26 19:01 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 26, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-01-26 18:56, Inazuma wrote:
so wouldnt it be a waste to buy the soundtrack if we are already getting it for free along w/ the game? it should be as simple as going to the bgm folder, and playing the music. or if you choose, copy them onto your ipod or other similar device and listen to it anywhere else.

You're assuming that we'll be able to play the soundtrack just as easily as you can with Blue Burst. There is always the chance that Sonic Team will use a different method for storing the soundtrack on the HDD. They may use encryption or elect to bundle them all as one file. In that case, we'll only be able to play the music through the game.

Also, thanks for the information Parn.

EspioKaos
Jan 26, 2006, 10:01 PM
Question, Parn. When pre-ordering from CDJapan, will you be charged at the time of placing your pre-order or when the item is shipped? (I'm reading through the site's help section, but haven't come across that yet.)

Parn
Jan 26, 2006, 10:08 PM
You'll be charged when the item actually ships.

EspioKaos
Jan 26, 2006, 10:12 PM
On 2006-01-26 19:08, Parn wrote:
You'll be charged when the item actually ships.
Sweet. Thanks. (I had actually just found the answer on the site moments before checking back here. XD)

I guess I'll go ahead and place my pre-order for this CD tonight.

Parn
Jan 26, 2006, 10:14 PM
Heh, no problem. BTW, planning on making PSU MIDIs sometime in the future? Dunno how much fanmail you get, but I consider your Sonic Team game related MIDIs on VGMusic to be the best around.

EspioKaos
Jan 26, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-01-26 19:14, Parn wrote:
Heh, no problem. BTW, planning on making PSU MIDIs sometime in the future? Dunno how much fanmail you get, but I consider your Sonic Team game related MIDIs on VGMusic to be the best around.
Heh heh. Thanks, Parn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'll definitely be sequencing some PSU MIDIs. I've actually already got one in the making right now. It's a little section of the theme that plays in Rafon Plains (where Green Green Farm is located) on Parum. At least, I think it's Rafon Plains. If you want to hear it, check it out here (http://espiokaos.com/progress_reports/psu_parum-plains.mid).