PDA

View Full Version : poll: multiplay?

antarcticaPSU
Jan 27, 2006, 11:22 AM
i really want psu to have multiplayer so me and my friends could play it together but i just no if they do add it we'll be waiting A 3 OR 5 MONTHS befor we get it. so i just want it too but i donno tell me what u think?

Ryna
Jan 27, 2006, 12:22 PM
I think a multi-player mode would be nice if it was centered around the characters you created in Extra Mode. It would certainly give people an additional reason to play Extra Mode. Still, I don't think it is going to be included. If it was, Sonic Team would be actively promoting that aspect of the game.

antarcticaPSU
Jan 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
ok i think ur right multiplay isn't going to be in there. they would have told us about it $_$

Sinue_v2
Jan 27, 2006, 01:37 PM
Well, I really doubt Sonic Team could add multiplayer even if they had wanted to. PSU is already pushing the PS2 to it's limits as it is. Sonic Team wasn't even able to provide 480p support - which every single PSO game has offered. Split screen, rendereing everything twice over, would just be too much for the PS2.

You also have the logistics of controls. PSU is a 6-player game.. but the PS2 would only limit you to two people at most. (There's no way in HELL the PS2 could do 4/6-way split screen on PSU using a multitap) The PC has only inputs for one player. It's never really been a multiplayer platform, except through online or LAN.

I could see a LAN capability offering offline multiplayer - but honestly, I don't think that feature has enough demand for Sonic Team to really consider it seriously.

YaLyn
Jan 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
Well Rainbow six did prove something about multiplayer on online mode.

Dhylec
Jan 27, 2006, 02:05 PM
Heh, while multi-mode is definately a desirable mode, but can it be included?
Say, the PC has the capability to make this happen, but what about PS2? If it is possible, would ST include it? Will ST have enough time to include it? Will the players willing to wait a few extra months of delay, after this current delay?
While delays give ST more time to work on the game, delays also mean more resources & longer time for Sega to make profit.
What if ST have to compensate something else in the game to include this mode, say, extra mode? Will that be acceptable?

You know as players we want more, but even it's thought of by ST, not everything can be included. I think it's best left to the development team to plan their game. I don't think PSU is the last game in this series. ;]

DizzyDi
Jan 27, 2006, 04:59 PM
Well with the discovery of this new extra mode...We can always hope that ST implements some sorta multiplay into it? It'd make sense, wouldn't it? /sigh Probably just wishful thinkin though...

SirAri
Jan 27, 2006, 05:07 PM
The poll options made me laugh.

"games piss me off"

XD

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah, PSU just seems to be adding more and more content as the days go by. I guess this is because they want to make up for the fact that there won't be any content patches coming out for it.