PDA

View Full Version : ethan's little sister is she a fighter or not?

antarcticaPSU
Jan 27, 2006, 12:39 PM
i donno why i wanted to post this but ethan sister umm i dont no her name is she a fighter she looks to prissy to be 1! i no this is a stuipd topic

DeathMachine
Jan 27, 2006, 12:42 PM
There is no proof that she fights.

Buriningwolf
Jan 27, 2006, 01:25 PM
Even if she does fight, do you really her to fight with you?

OdinTyler
Jan 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
Ethan's initial goal is to find Lumia (his sister). Sure, he wants to save the day...and the system, but, thats really what he wants to accomplish. If she does, I dont expect it would be til much later. I think shes a few years younger than him, right?

coomdoom
Jan 27, 2006, 04:13 PM
She is only 13 so I don't think she will fight.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 04:29 PM
On 2006-01-27 12:34, OdinTyler wrote:
Ethan's initial goal is to find Lumia (his sister). Sure, he wants to save the day...and the system, but, thats really what he wants to accomplish. If she does, I dont expect it would be til much later. I think shes a few years younger than him, right?

Maybe she'll pull a Dominique and kick some major ass out of nowhere....
This is a referrence to a nearly unknown SE game called The Bouncer. If you didn't get the referrence, don't worry, lol

DizzyDi
Jan 27, 2006, 04:57 PM
On 2006-01-27 13:29, Tystys wrote:

This is a referrence to a nearly unknown SE game called The Bouncer. If you didn't get the referrence, don't worry, lol

Eheheh, I remember that game. Not as good as I wanted it to be, I had high hopes for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Anyways, yeah I doubt she'll fight, althought she'll probably play some major role in the story. Probably somethin like shes the key to unlock some powerful entity that has been dormant for years blahblahblah wutev.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-01-27 13:57, DizzyDi wrote:

Eheheh, I remember that game. Not as good as I wanted it to be, I had high hopes for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Anyways, yeah I doubt she'll fight, althought she'll probably play some major role in the story. Probably somethin like shes the key to unlock some powerful entity that has been dormant for years blahblahblah wutev.

If it goes exactly the way you said it would, I swear I'm gonna laugh at how predicatable these games are getting, lol

antarcticaPSU
Jan 27, 2006, 05:58 PM
ok...lumia needs saved so i think after u save her
u won the game? so if thats it she wont fight

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 08:00 PM
That better be one hell of a boss for it to end that suddenly.

DeathMachine
Jan 27, 2006, 10:46 PM
You get her back from the Vol Brothers mid-way.

OdinTyler
Jan 27, 2006, 11:07 PM
DM, that better not be a spoiler or Im gonna kick your ass. LOL I hope youre just guessing cause I dont want it spoiled. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DeathMachine
Jan 27, 2006, 11:10 PM
Espio translated that a LOOOOONG time ago. Not much ass kicking without Megid, is there...? You Megidless freak (seeing as there is no confirmation in the game).

OdinTyler
Jan 27, 2006, 11:28 PM
Who says I rely on Megid? Thats just battle mode. Ya havent seen me in the regular game, have ye? Besides, I didnt know Espio translated that. Im trying to learn about the game, but, trying to avoid plot points if at all possible. Thanks DM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 28, 2006, 12:15 AM

Dark Falz? What?

Can you smell PLOT TWIST!

Ethan: Don't worry sis' By awakening this being, everything will finally be at peace. We'll all be happy!

Falz: -yawns- Wha...? No rings? No sabers? No cute wittle sato mags? Pff where's my mail. No, nevermind. all i get is hate mail anyway...-sighs and decides to explode something killing billions of people- That makes me feel better...everytime.

OdinTyler
Jan 28, 2006, 12:23 AM
LOL Ryo. Hypothesizing what Falz might say huh? Isnt that fun to do? I do that sometimes too.

Tystys
Jan 28, 2006, 10:00 AM
On 2006-01-27 21:15, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

Dark Falz? What?

Can you smell PLOT TWIST!

Ethan: Don't worry sis' By awakening this being, everything will finally be at peace. We'll all be happy!

Falz: -yawns- Wha...? No rings? No sabers? No cute wittle sato mags? Pff where's my mail. No, nevermind. all i get is hate mail anyway...-sighs and decides to explode something killing billions of people- That makes me feel better...everytime.

MEGA QUOTE, AHOY!
Lmao Ryu, that's a good one, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lovejuice
Jan 28, 2006, 11:00 AM
- Post may contain spoilers for a few other games, mainly Beyond Good & Evil, and Skies of Arcadia -

Actually, on the note of character 'importance', I'm really hoping that Ethan isn't revealed mid-game to be some 'chosen' special superbreed. I'm all for having a main star who goes out of their way to save the galaxoids, but it's becoming dire of late, where in recent games the heroes are infact some legendary warrior awaiting the true revelation of their power/form/quest and destiny!! Unless it's planned or hinted at from the very beginning (in something like, say, Beyond Good & Evil - a game few of you will have played, and you should make a point of your existence to do such), where it has been known to work brilliantly, it just seems like a big fat dump in the middle of the script to save anyone having to explain very much. Y'know, because it was going to happen anyway, and this one guy was special, so no one cares that they couldn't do it otherwise. All hail him!

Currently all signs are pointing to the Lumia kidnapping being somewhat trivial in the grand scheme of things, leading Ethan and friends to stumble into the middle of something much much larger, which they then have to resolve to save the system and things.

For me, a shining point of PSO was literally the "you are not the only hero" tagline. You weren't the only one looking for Rico, nor were you (allowed to be) a specially destined warrior of an ancient civilization, lay to rest for a thousand years until your awakening! OK, sure, this had to exist to allow the basic logisitcs of online (and therefore offline) PSO work, but it's wholly capable of being watered down to work in a single-player gaming environment (Vyse of Skies of Arcadia, and perhaps Gordon Freeman of Half-Life, and on a very simple level, the bog standard Marine of Doom come to mind). Taking us, in a way, back to the old story staple of 'you have the power within', 'believe in yourself' lore that the Japanese are rather fond of.

It can create more work for the writers in some cases, but (seemingly more easily) gives way to much more fleshed out worlds and motives, where you actually have a character going the extra mile, to acheive something other than their 'fate', to save everybody else. And, you can still then have these 'destined hero' or 'specially required by the evilness' types feature alongside, if you wish (Fina of Skies of Arcadia, to some degree Yuna of Final Fantasy X, and perhaps even Mirei, Karen, or even Lumia, of Phantasy Star Universe?).