PDA

View Full Version : Guests online?

Kimil
Jan 27, 2006, 05:04 PM
Hmmm... don't you think it would be feasable (sp?) to make it possible to have two ppl on one system playing online? Like having a guest like on Halo 2 Online? Because there ARE 2 controllers on the PS2 and two USB ports (so two keyboards). Why couldn't ST do this? infacct, how come you couldn't do it on PSO?

DizzyDi
Jan 27, 2006, 05:08 PM
That wouldn't make much sense to me. You can't compare PSU to Halo cause they're two completely different types of online games. I doubt ST is going to be adding any kinda of split-screen multiplayer at all. I just don't see it happening. =

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jan 27, 2006, 05:12 PM
I always wished that they had that with gc... My brother and I share a gamecube and pso, so we always had to split our online time between the two of us...
I would be for it, because then we wouldnt need to buy two copies of the game, but... I dont think they would do it due too large ram usage...

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah...splitscreen online play for a game like PSU just seems...a little odd.

Dre_o
Jan 27, 2006, 05:27 PM
I figure that in a game as detailed as PSU, split screen action would be impossible.

antarcticaPSU
Jan 27, 2006, 06:04 PM
i like playing by myself!

therealAERO
Jan 27, 2006, 07:18 PM
I think Sega doesn't want to do it because they have to change the way the game is played. That is just extra work that I'm sure they don't want to go through. Remember on the GC one when you played split screen, it would dumb down the graphics, and you could only use a telepipe when you and your partner were both on it. I don't think Sega/Sonic Team even liked the idea.

But heres to hoping ^_^

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 07:59 PM
There is also the fact that the game is basically almost done. All it needs is some fixes here, and to be translated. Which leads me to believe this whole fall 06 crap is just a load of bull...
And by that I mean, that if they were going to release it at Fall, they would've made an announcement....

therealAERO
Jan 27, 2006, 09:51 PM
Sega's US site says fall, but I bet thats because they need to have voice actors, and stupid crap like that. I don't care really I'm just going to import it.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 28, 2006, 03:27 AM
Voice actors, hah yeah...like they're hard to find.

Oh, wait, you didn't mean Good voice actors did you?
Well before the US release, they'll add content (i think) translate of course, add English VAs and subtitles (assumed)

Then of course with Japan as a test, they'll fix any bugs and problems found in that version and iron them out for the US release. it's a pretty interesting process. though it makes me wonder....

when did say.... FFXI release in japan, how much time was between Japan and the US release?

i suppose i can only compare PSU to other RPGs, the only game i have in my head at the moment is "Shadow the hedgehog" a game made in the US so Japan got it one month after us. Obviously PSU is a longer game. so it may be a little more than just "One month"

Expect PSU in the fall, as the current worse case.

However now that i think about it, PSU was originally going to be released in March, one month after the Japanese release. So we should expect it in April?

Atayin
Jan 28, 2006, 04:56 AM
On 2006-01-28 00:27, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

Expect PSU in the fall, as the current worse case.

However now that i think about it, PSU was originally going to be released in March, one month after the Japanese release. So we should expect it in April?

April? I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised to see PSU hit American shelves anytime before September. I really really really hope that I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I just wish Sega of America would give us a real PSU site sooner.. if they even decide to at all.

Yummi
Jan 28, 2006, 05:17 AM
April? I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised to see PSU hit American shelves anytime before September. I really really really hope that I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

I just wish Sega of America would give us a real PSU site sooner.. if they even decide to at all.

I agree, the acceptance of the given release date gets better with time. I honestly doubt we'll see this before september, and if we do It will be a nice surprise. The good thing is, once it's released in japan you will finally get to see all of the features on the web.

Tystys
Jan 28, 2006, 09:53 AM
What would be funny is if they finish early and just release it at the drop of a hat, lmao
That's a dream, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

coomdoom
Jan 28, 2006, 10:32 AM
Meybe the Autumn 2006 release date is probably saying that it will be released in Autumn at the latest. I don't know, this is just a guess that I hope is true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.