PDA

View Full Version : I just registered with Sega Direct

therealAERO
Jan 27, 2006, 09:49 PM
Can someone help out on where to go, and what their is to do? I'm slightly confused. Oh and I would like to say I had fun finding the Katakana on my Keyboard. I just learned katakana so it made me proud when I knew all the symbols ^_^

マイケル アカマン <---- My Kana name ^_^

(probably need japanese font to see it)

Tystys
Jan 28, 2006, 09:57 AM
I have all eastern language fonts, and for some odd reason, I can't see it, lol

coomdoom
Jan 28, 2006, 11:16 AM
this is slighly off topic but how do you type in japanese on the computer?

Parn
Jan 28, 2006, 12:33 PM
You need to enable East Asian language support and input through the regional settings in your control panel.

You'll probably need your Windows setup CD on hand, since your computer will ask for it to install the appropriate files.

coomdoom
Jan 28, 2006, 05:13 PM
i did that already and my pc came pre-installed with XP so I didn't get a windows xp disk.

Tystys
Jan 29, 2006, 12:03 AM
I think what you can do on Sega Direct is...play PSU online, lol.

therealAERO
Jan 29, 2006, 01:32 AM
I know its what you need to sign up with to play PSU with, but I want to know the little extra stuff. Normally I have the patience to shift through the japanese, but for some reason I just don't feel like it. Anyway you can't see the katakana...neither can I. I think it has something to do with the forum. I was able to type it, but when I posted it, it turned into all those numbers and symbols.

Inazuma
Jan 29, 2006, 02:24 AM
yea i dont think this forum supports jp chars at all. which is kinda strange since this is a video game forum...

テストです。これ見えるかな

*edit* nope, doesnt work

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2006-01-28 23:24 ]</font>

GaijinPUnch
Jan 31, 2006, 12:47 AM
therealAERO:

YOu have to have your browser setting to one of the proper Japanese encodings when you enter the text in the message box -- otherwise it gets mangled when you enter it into the database. That's what that stuff is.

If you're not in Japan, don't bother w/ Sega Direct. They will laugh at you when you ask them to ship abroad.

King_Rappy
Jan 31, 2006, 12:54 AM
Would it be possible to pay with an American credit card but have them ship to a Japanese adress?

Inazuma
Jan 31, 2006, 01:22 AM
テストです。これを見えるかな

*edit* hey your rite gaijin punch. thx ^ ^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2006-01-30 22:23 ]</font>