PDA

View Full Version : What will you be?

SpikeWT1
Jan 28, 2006, 08:02 PM
What Race and Class will you be? This also includes what is the main weapon type you will use, and if you use techs witch type will you use most. (note: I know this is really early, but I want to get an idea of what every one will choose.)

YaLyn
Jan 28, 2006, 08:08 PM
Now let's see I want to be:

-Human
-male
-hunter with two sabers or two dualwiling guns
-only use tech for HP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: YaLyn on 2006-01-28 17:09 ]</font>

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 28, 2006, 08:17 PM
I will try newman force first then might wind up going beast hunter. If I can have more than one in which I doubt unless having to pay a fee of some sort like FFXI >.> I will have Newman force and Beast Hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: capin_bucky_ohair on 2006-01-29 12:30 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Jan 28, 2006, 08:22 PM
Me, I'll try to be a newman and try to melee it up a bit..but I feel I'll be relying more on ranger skills, seeing as Newman aren't exactly built for close combat and those monsters have to go down somekinda way when I'm low on health and pp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif..

Kupi
Jan 28, 2006, 08:36 PM
My main is definitely going to be a Newman with every single level in Force.

For alternates, I'll probably end up with a mixed Hunter/Force Newman, a Beast with mixed Hunter/Ranger, and another Beast for pure Hunter. Of course, it all depends on how the level system for Type works out... if you can advance every class to maximum on one character, I'll probably wind up making one of each race (and also be severely disappointed in Sonic Team).

Dre_o
Jan 28, 2006, 08:46 PM
Heh, this'll be the third topic of it's type. And I'll answer it the same way.

Human
THERE ARE NO CLASSES HAHAHAHAHAHHaHaHahahahahahaha
Double and Twin Sabers with a good helping of Long Range weapons added in.
Fire, Wind, Shadow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2006-01-28 17:47 ]</font>

ulyoth
Jan 28, 2006, 08:55 PM
Cast
Male
Big ass swords!!

SpikeWT1
Jan 28, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-01-28 17:46, Dre_o wrote:
Heh, this'll be the third topic of it's type. And I'll answer it the same way.

Human
THERE ARE NO CLASSES HAHAHAHAHAHHaHaHahahahahahaha
Double and Twin Sabers with a good helping of Long Range weapons added in.
Fire, Wind, Shadow.

<font size=-1></font>
By class system I mean the way you level your stats. Witch I though was said in the online section of PSU.

Anyway I forgot post this earlier
I'll be Human And a HU/FO. Probably useing twin sabers ,(or katana) and/or swords. I'll mostly being using attack tech. (wind and light)

DizzyDi
Jan 28, 2006, 09:16 PM
I wanna try to be a melee/force kinda Newman or Human...I'unno. I wanna try knuckles, claws, and polearms out. I'll probably make a few characters just that I'll probably delete later, just to learn the game and the ins and outs of each weapon and whatnot, ya know?

ShadowRaze
Jan 28, 2006, 09:37 PM
I plan on making a beast and being mainly melee.
Go Beasts!!!

MXdude
Jan 28, 2006, 09:38 PM
Human male - Hunter stats double sabers and huge swords( just cuz they make me look tough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Human female - Ranger stats( my fav calss in pso is RAmarl so i must make one)

Beast male - Hunter stats not sure on teh weapons id like to use with him tho

last one is undecided, but im leaning towards android just cuz of their kick arse SUV weapons

Kimil
Jan 28, 2006, 11:37 PM
Primary Character:
Kimil
Human or Beast (male)
Hunter and Ranger, but focus on Hunter
Dual Saber, Spear, Mech gun, Sword
Dark and Fire

Secondary (if I can):
Endrea
Human or Newman (female)
Ranger and Force, but focus on Ranger
Bow, rod and dual daggers
Ice and Support

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 28, 2006, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure, using the set up of my characters i'll end up with atleast one female newman.

Using either a slicer type weapon, or a Staff/Bo-staff.

Or dual pistols. As for type, definately a Hunter. with sub in ranger, but (Well if you can have skill in one part of magic more than other) Lighten and Healing.

Then my male...i don't know. Maybe a human? Or maybe another Newman (i need mah pointy ears...) With a iron blade/Katana handgun, or a buster sword. Dual swords, something like that.

OdinTyler
Jan 28, 2006, 11:49 PM
These are excerpts of my character profiles from our guild site:

1. Main -
Name: Masako
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Skills:
Swordswoman, particularly favoring the 2 sword style of the samurai.
Studied a blended form of Chinese/Japanese Martial Arts.
Other combat training included archery.

Special Abilities:
Trained as a field medic.
Can withstand harsh cold environments & thus, is proficient in ice & wind magic.

2. Alt (only other one for now) -
Name: Dagor
Race: Motavian (Beast)
Sex: Male

Skills:
Traditional Fighter, particularly favoring 1 handed & 2 handed axes.
Self-trained form of survival art, environmentally based.
Other combat training included marksmanship (handguns only).

Special Abilities:
Being a Native Motavian, possesses support techniques only. Nanoblasting allows for additional abilities.
Can withstand harsh hot environments & thus, possesses earth & thunder abilities.

Created by OdinTyler©2000-2006

Tystys
Jan 28, 2006, 11:55 PM
EDIT!
Human:
HUNTER
Dual combo(Sword and gun)
RA and HU points(HU mainly)

Cast:
RANGER
Shotgun or Bow(BOOM, HEADSHOT!)
RA and HU(RA mainly)

Beast
FORCE
Rod(Lol, this will be interesting)
FO and HU points(FO mainly)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-01-30 16:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-01-30 16:09 ]</font>

Atayin
Jan 29, 2006, 04:32 AM
I'm looking forward to making a Beast!
That's after fooling around with every other race's features in the character generator. That'll be fun.

All my characters will be male. I'm planning on making one of each race, eventually. Atayin, my beast will be full-out Melee.

Fyrin
Jan 29, 2006, 04:55 AM
I think that I'll be a Human for tradition sake. Every PSO game I've played my first character has always been a human hunter. Though I may eventually end up playing all the different races hopefully.

Inazuma
Jan 29, 2006, 01:30 PM
male newman w/ every pt in force.

MinscTFA
Jan 29, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not deciding until the time comes I make my character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Buddichan
Jan 29, 2006, 02:45 PM
Well I'm definatly making a female Newman with emphasis on Hunter... gotta have my HUnewearl! And I'm thinking of making a male Ranger Cast. Both of them are based off my characters I use in PSO now. I definatly want to make a Beast too, because I gotta see what they're like... maybe I'll make a Human... they're so boring! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm sure I'll end up making about 10 different characters lol. I've gotta try everything!

Alisha
Jan 29, 2006, 03:28 PM
main
name:undecided
race:beast
sex:female
affinity:hunter/2 handed weapons

secondary
name:Alisha.Exe
race:cast
affinity:guns/ranger

from my experience its not good to make a melee force until you amass a stockpile of items
so finally

Name:undecided
race:human
affinity:melee/support force/bow=yes please

Russ2576
Jan 29, 2006, 04:18 PM
Cast, Hunter type. Close combat powerhouse. Gonna try and remake my Hucast from PSO.

Tystys
Jan 29, 2006, 04:21 PM
You sure about the close combat thing, dude?
Apparently, in the description, it said they'd be best suited for long range combat, O_O

Kano-Okami
Jan 29, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-01-29 13:21, Tystys wrote:
Apparently, in the description, it said they'd be best suited for long range combat, O_O

Believe me, if the cast are anything like they were before, Their going to be 1 hell of a powerhouse, even by beast standards..and besides, the better the accuracy, the more hits they'll land.. making duel wielding an even better choice.

DamonKatu
Jan 29, 2006, 04:33 PM
1. Main -
Name: Kafie III

Skills:
Swordswoman, particularly favoring the 2 sword combo also armed with dual guns at his side.
Studied in special abbilidies are basic tecks just when he needs them.
Other combat training included archery.

Special Abilities:
Trained as a field medic.
Can withstand harsh cold environments & thus, is proficient in ice & wind magic.

2. Alt (only other one for now) -
Name: DK
Race: Forse

Skills:
Tecks tecks tecks. Tecks as far as a forse can learn. The walking fireworks show all for free. XD
Other combat training included marksmanship (handguns only sence its hard to hold the heavy arms).

Russ2576
Jan 29, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-01-29 13:30, Kano-Okami wrote:

Believe me, if the cast are anything like they were before, Their going to be 1 hell of a powerhouse, even by beast standards..and besides, the better the accuracy, the more hits they'll land.. making duel wielding an even better choice.

Yep. Hucasts were a big part of PSO, so I seriously doubt they'd make Casts "Rangers" only now.

Parn
Jan 29, 2006, 04:47 PM
The different races would simply have different growth potential, is all. A beast with all level ups put into a hunter base would probably have a higher attack power than a cast with the same level ups, as an example.

Tystys
Jan 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-01-29 13:43, Russ2576 wrote:

On 2006-01-29 13:30, Kano-Okami wrote:

Yep. Hucasts were a big part of PSO, so I seriously doubt they'd make Casts "Rangers" only now.

I see what you're saying, but what I was trying to say was maybe they were built to be best suited for Ranger.
However, with that new job point system, who knows what will happen.

MinscTFA
Jan 29, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-01-29 13:47, Parn wrote:
The different races would simply have different growth potential, is all. A beast with all level ups put into a hunter base would probably have a higher attack power than a cast with the same level ups, as an example.

As someone said previous, Casts probably would have higher accuracy. While they wouldn't have the highest ATK I seem them missing less.

Might as well cave and post some possible characters I'll make. These will be loosely based on my PSO characters.

Human
Male
Hunter/sword type

Newman
Female
Force/undecided whether she'll focus on support offensive techs. Maybe both?

Cast
Male
Ranger/shot type, maybe a little long range

and just because they're new...

Beast
Female
undecided http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
could take over the role of my old HUnewearl?

That's assuming they allow us to make numerous characters. O_o If there's space I'll make PSU versions of my old PSO characters. Even if they are just for show.

DeathMachine
Jan 29, 2006, 11:35 PM
Cast/Male
Hunter w/ a good part Ranger and a tiny bit Force (For Resta and Shifta)
Twin swords (Preferably ice, paralyze, or confuse)/Broad Sword/Rifle/Mechs
Maybe Gizonde, if I'm feelin' up to it.

Kimil
Jan 30, 2006, 01:27 AM
Someone try a Cast Force! O.O
That'd Be bitchen if someone actually pulled that off!

DeathMachine
Jan 30, 2006, 02:37 AM
Maybe for a secondary...

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 30, 2006, 04:02 AM
That does remind me, the concept of dual weilding, well that means weapons can have multiple effects.
Say for instance.

You have a saber that is a Beserker Type (uses HP for attac)

and then a save that steals like (maybe not as much as the Beserker takes away but a good enough off set.)

counter balanced weapons!

TheFluffiest
Jan 30, 2006, 04:19 AM
Name: Kitsu! (Yes, with the exclamation mark. It's part of the pronunciation, and he'll know if you don't include it.)
Species: Male Newman
Empasis on support casting and dangit I want my slicers! x_x Gonna be small as possible.

If I can have a secondary character I'll probably make a Beast... Most likely a female, unless I can make a male with a more lithe beast form like the female one we've seen previewed... That blasted super-muscular male form isn't very pleasing to me. ::shudder:: Not sure on name... Prolly focused on Polearms. :3

If i can even go so far as to have a tertiary charrie, then I'll be making a female cast named Eon ; (Yes, with the semicolon, and again, she'll know if it's not pronounced). Totally a long range user, tiny cast with the largest, most powerful guns I can get my paws on.

Yes... That sounds like a plan... :3

And all hell breaks loose if Kitsu! can't have his slicers... Oh yes, there will be much hell. >.>

Atayin
Jan 30, 2006, 05:48 AM
Purely based on the official information that has been released about Casts, they will be range-based.

Beasts will be the melee powerhouses. Casts will be the long-range powerhouses. Beasts will be like the HUcasts of PSU. Casts certainly played an integral role as tanks and smashers in PSO, but things have changed, according to the team and official information. Sure, not all of the info has been released, so we don't know for sure just how much they'll be limited in certain areas.. but what we do know for sure is that Beasts specialize in Melee while Casts specialize in range.

Another thing that supports this is how the NANO blast move differs between both races. Beasts have Melee-oriented Nano blasts where they transform into big monsters that beat things up. Casts have big huge guns teleported down to them that blow things up.

Personally, I'd really like to have a Cast that uses swords, and is a very strong character, but I'm not counting on it as of yet. The entire reason I'm even making a Beast is because I liked my HUcast so much in PSO.

Sinue_v2
Jan 30, 2006, 06:18 AM
Race: Neika
Sex: Female
Weapon: Duals Close Range Melee (Claws, Fists, Daggers)

Job: Supplimentary melee damage w/ light proficency in supportive techs.

I'm making her in the "image" of the classic Phantasy Star Numan females (Nei & Rika - hence the name), so she'll resemble them in apperance (Upright ears, skimpy clothes, red eyes, long hair, ect) and in function.

As for secondary characters - I dunno. I'll just have to play it by ear.

Genoa
Jan 30, 2006, 10:40 AM
Primary Character:
Mallow /// Newman /// Male

Secondary Character:
MegamanX /// Cast /// Male

Kano-Okami
Jan 30, 2006, 11:28 AM
If I can make a second character, it'll probably be a Human, modeled after my FOmar, Kano. I'll have him be the latter of Hunter and Force, while specializing in Double-Sabers and Barta-based meleeing.
I only hope they still "wizard's gown" in the outfit options..hehe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-01-30 08:35 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 30, 2006, 12:03 PM
Kano: If you look at some of the COG members, I wouldnt doubt it. Theyre more ornately decorated than past robes. You may want to have one such robe for your char.

DeathMachine: Now you wanna be a casting cast? Before I input that on your profile, dont you think we should be sure casts can use techs first? They have MST now so its possible. Idk about you, but, Id want to be sure.

Mewn
Jan 30, 2006, 12:14 PM
On 2006-01-29 22:27, Kimil wrote:
Someone try a Cast Force! O.O
That'd Be bitchen if someone actually pulled that off!

Hehe, my first char on PSU will hopefully be a Female Cast Ranger/Force, depending on their tech casting abilities. I wonder if it's workable...

Axel3792
Jan 30, 2006, 12:17 PM
-Beastman or Human
-Male
-Something that fits my style
-Techs for HP only (lol like the HUmars trying to use Foie... pointless!)

Russ2576
Jan 30, 2006, 05:10 PM
On 2006-01-30 02:48, Atayin wrote:
Purely based on the official information that has been released about Casts, they will be range-based.

Beasts will be the melee powerhouses. Casts will be the long-range powerhouses. Beasts will be like the HUcasts of PSU. Casts certainly played an integral role as tanks and smashers in PSO, but things have changed, according to the team and official information. Sure, not all of the info has been released, so we don't know for sure just how much they'll be limited in certain areas.. but what we do know for sure is that Beasts specialize in Melee while Casts specialize in range.

Another thing that supports this is how the NANO blast move differs between both races. Beasts have Melee-oriented Nano blasts where they transform into big monsters that beat things up. Casts have big huge guns teleported down to them that blow things up.

Personally, I'd really like to have a Cast that uses swords, and is a very strong character, but I'm not counting on it as of yet. The entire reason I'm even making a Beast is because I liked my HUcast so much in PSO.

I would go Beast for that very reason, but I'm more a robot/android type of gamer. They were my favorite type of char back on PSO, so I see no reason to change now.

And judging by this animated gif from the Character Section, it's definitely possible to make a Hucast look. Hope they still have the Samurai-like head/helmet.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/character_creation/castm_slide.gif

SirAri
Jan 30, 2006, 05:20 PM
On 2006-01-28 17:02, SpikeWT1 wrote:
What Race and Class will you be? This also includes what is the main weapon type you will use, and if you use techs witch type will you use most. (note: I know this is really early, but I want to get an idea of what every one will choose.)

I'll be a Newman, foucsing mainly on elemental techniques and healing.

As for weponds, I guess I'll use photon swords of some kind.

DavidNel
Jan 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
I will be a HUcast (or the PSU equal). I plan to focus on kicking large amount of evil creature butt using HUGE sabers.

I will also have a character that will look as much like me as possible.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but does anyone know if there will be hats, benies, etc? I want the caracter that looks like me to have the hat I always wear. XD

SirAri
Jan 30, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-01-30 15:13, DavidNel wrote:
I will be a HUcast (or the PSU equal). I plan to focus on kicking large amount of evil creature butt using HUGE sabers.

I will also have a character that will look as much like me as possible.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but does anyone know if there will be hats, benies, etc? I want the caracter that looks like me to have the hat I always wear. XD

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=107091&forum=20&5

HUzzah!

DavidNel
Jan 30, 2006, 06:35 PM
So its inconclusive... Oh well!

Maybe it will be a rare item or something. Here is for hope!

maysee
Jan 30, 2006, 07:25 PM
These are assuming I'm soloing like in PSO.

HUNTER
Human - female (for some reason I <3 Great Swords) maybe mix in guns and sabers with techs for healing.

RANGER
Cast - female (Mechguns > Rifle > Shot Gun)

PhruitBaskit
Jan 30, 2006, 08:28 PM
Using Odin's as a template...

1. Main -
Name: undecided (Diesel possibly)
Race: Cast

Skills:
Anything that you have to aim at the enemy LOL (Guns, bows, throwing shit) The whole RA...

I'll get more detailed later...Maybe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JasonWFD
Jan 30, 2006, 09:32 PM
In most games, I like to recreate my favorite old D&D character, Rogan. He was a ranger from 2nd edition, and used two swords as well as a bow and his ranger spells. Now, if the Bow weapon in PSU is based on MST and not ATA, I believe I'll go like this...

Name: Rogan
Class: Hunter/Force
Weapons/Skills: Two sabers, bow, restorative and support techs