PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Dark Force!

Kimil
Jan 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
Remember Phatasy Star 4? What do ou think the chances of ST bringing back Sark Force (not Dark Falze)... Infact, what stuff from old Phantast Star Games do you what to se returned?

OdinTyler
Jan 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
Contrary to what some ppl believe, it was spelled some ways in some games & other ways in other games. The name of the evil being that plagues the good ppl of Algol, then, Ragol, & now, Graal was & is: DARKFALZ. Now, should it return to a look more like what was shown in other games? Yes. I fully agree.

Sinue_v2
Jan 31, 2006, 05:05 AM
I don't think Dark Falz and Dark Force were the same type of being. Falz being a lesser demon, while Force being the greater demon (and pardon the use of the term Demon).

Essencially - The Profound Darkness's first physical extension into the Algol Solar System was when Lasheic summoned Dark Falz. Falz, though, was just a lower demon (though still quite a bit more powerful than most foes in the RIFT). You can see his kind in PSIV in the final area as an enemy called "Prophallus".

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/genesis/ps4/images/Monsterpics/prophallus.jpg
(sorry for the image size)

As you can see.. he looks identical to Dark Falz from PS1. The significance of his release is that in doing so - a dimensional tear between the coporeal world and the Rift was formed when the seal was at it's weakest. Every 1,000 years since then, the tear has re-opened and the Profound Darkness was able to extend more and more of it's power - expecially after the destruction of Palma which weakened the seal enough for it to send out three Dark Forces - and nearly cross over dimension's completely.

So I don't quite believe that Dark Falz and Dark Force are just different names for the same being. I believe they are very different forms of the extension of the Profound Darkness's power. (Who is, of course, the REAL enemy behind it all)

With PSU.. we're not sure if Falz/Force or the PD will make a return. Granted, it's almost a given that he'll be the main baddie - but we can't be sure until it's confirmed that he's there.

DarK-SuN
Jan 31, 2006, 07:41 AM
As far as I know, Falz and Force were pronnounced the same way in the Japanese versions (Foruzu if I'm not mistaken), so it's an indication that they're really the same thing; at the time of translating it, they just translated it wrong/right (depending on the point of view) in one of the games.

Considering PSO has "Dark Falz" written on the floor of the last form of Dark Falz, I'm inclined to believe Falz is the right name.

OdinTyler
Jan 31, 2006, 09:15 AM
It is the right name, DarkSun, I agree with you. He was known as DarkFalz way back in the 1st game. Given that Yuji was on the original design team, Im going to go with that. There were various translations: DarkFalz, DarkForce, Dark Phallus & Prophallus.
Sinue, I understand your reasoning, but, theres a simple reason why you saw DarkFalz looking enemies in The Profound Darkness back in PSIV. All DarkFalzes stem from one evil source, The Profound Darkness. At the time I didnt think about it, but, it would naturally make sense that youd see them there as theyre physically manifested pieces of the same dark force.
When talking about why there is more than 1 of them in PSIV, you can equate that to the seal being broken with Palma gone. However, from PSO onward, its back to 1 dark being, 1 seal. One being isnt necessarily more powerful than the other. If there were no seal at all, sure, more could come out & create havoc. Thankfully, thats not the case. Idk about you, but, to have DarkFalz in PSU (which I hope he is), he'd better revert to looking more like how we've seen him in the older games. More menacingly evil & is a truer homage to the villain of old.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 31, 2006, 09:45 AM
If I had to guess what had happened, Dark Falz of PS1 came about as Lassic had only recently come to Profound Darkness, and the minion it sent through the rift wasn't fully grown due to the limitation of how long the rift stayed open for.

Then again maybe PStrilogy will say differently, IF IT EVER FREAKING GETS HERE!!!

OdinTyler
Jan 31, 2006, 11:04 AM
There will be mistranslations there too. Im sure of it. It wouldnt be a PS game without it. LOL In the words of PS1:

"Myau flapped his wings ploudly."

Its a typo most people NEVER notice & yet, its so hilarious Idk how you could miss it.

Genoa
Jan 31, 2006, 11:14 AM
Why does it always have to be a Dark attributed bad guy =/ the final boss should be like... a super cross-breed of like... a Cybernetically enhanced Newman with heavy weaponry and high level techniques =0
Yeah... that'd be hawt.

OdinTyler
Jan 31, 2006, 12:44 PM
It also wouldnt be a final boss worthy of PS. Its always a source of evil that we fight. Your boss idea sounds good as a regular boss to fight. Just not a 'This is it!' battle.

Tkinc
Jan 31, 2006, 07:05 PM
Dark Falz in PSU most probably from what I've seen in the RPG movie preview Dark Falz is back but what also seems like the return of... Olga Flow?? What's the deal with Olga Flow anyways and how come he's much stronger than Dark Falz in PSU and from what I know, doesn't appear in the previous series?

Also, are the 3 planetary systems in PSU, Algol, Ragol, and Graal? Do you travel between the systems?

OdinTyler
Jan 31, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-01-31 16:05, Tkinc wrote:
Dark Falz in PSU most probably from what I've seen in the RPG movie preview Dark Falz is back but what also seems like the return of... Olga Flow?? What's the deal with Olga Flow anyways and how come he's much stronger than Dark Falz in PSU and from what I know, doesn't appear in the previous series?

Also, are the 3 planetary systems in PSU, Algol, Ragol, and Graal? Do you travel between the systems?

1. Olga Flow is a combination of the body of Heathcliff Flowen, a D-cell infection (a branch of DarkFalz), & the Olga AI fused together. Yes, he could wipe the floor with DarkFalz from Ep1 who was made up with the body of Rico Terrell & a DarkFalz inside her. The 2 former humans only exist in PSO because they were both on Pioneer 1.

2. There are 3 planets in the system of Graal, not 3 systems you visit. Algol was the original system in PS to PSIV. PSO is all about Ragol, one planet, hardly a system. Now, in PSU, youre involved in the Graal system containing the planets Parum, Moatoob, & Neudaiz.

_Tek_
Jan 31, 2006, 09:07 PM
dark phallus

Atayin
Jan 31, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'm gonna avoid the argument about Dark Force/Falz and talk about what I'd like to see return from the older Phantasy Star games.

For starters, I'd like them to build on some continuity. It's nice that Sonic Team is trying to leave the classics alone instead of drawing on their storylines and potentially ruining them for certain fans, but I for one think it would be pretty cool to atleast see a few references to characters or events from other Phantasy Star games. Seeing a familiar face you got attatched to having around in an older game is usually pretty cool.

OdinTyler
Jan 31, 2006, 10:21 PM
Well theres always some reference to past games, even if it is vague. Beasts were inspired by Native Motavians from past games. I just dont get why they didnt make Motavians & Dezorians as playable races before. I wished that for PSO when I was playing it. Guess this is the closest I can get for now. Another reference are Newmen. Originally spelled Numan, the original Numan was Nei, stemmed from Neifirst & then, much later came Rika.
Theres tons of references including meseta, the financial staple of Phantasy Star. As for chars, you gotta think who would you want to see again & who would be an outright nuisance? I understand theres a char named Lutz in PSU. I dont get why that is, except to say that if it is his title in PSU, it makes perfect sense. For those that dont know, Lutz means 'reverent one'. It is a title, not a name. If the Lutz in PSU is Newman, hes probably a reverent one of the COG.

Atayin
Jan 31, 2006, 11:26 PM
Right, I'm pretty familiar with the previous PS games to know that there are similarities in the latest ones. Not references, but similarities. By reference, I mean mentioning a specific hero or event from the origional Phantasy Star games on SEGA in a newer game such as PSO or PSU.

WREN-IIX
Feb 1, 2006, 12:41 AM
I would like to see the Crazy Scientist form PS1
which had the special nuts that gave Mayu wings to travel to the castle in the sky. Also, maybe a decendant of King Lassic also from PS1.

OdinTyler
Feb 1, 2006, 01:10 AM
On 2006-01-31 21:41, WREN-IIX wrote:
I would like to see the Crazy Scientist form PS1
which had the special nuts that gave Mayu wings to travel to the castle in the sky. Also, maybe a decendant of King Lassic also from PS1.

1. Dr. Mad was long since killed when he tried to capture Myau from your group. He's dead & lets just keep it that way. That bastard deserved to die.

2. He didnt have Laerma nuts. They grow on the Altiplano Plateau on Dezoris. When put into the Laconian pot & heated with the Eclipse Torch, the nuts (berries in JP) were ready for Myau to eat & transform, thus allowing our favorite Musk Cat to fly.

3. Its been said that 2 descendents of the Lassic bloodline were aboard the fleet of ships from PSIII. Most likely, they were Orakio & his brother, Rulakir.

Ennie
Feb 1, 2006, 06:52 AM
I would really like if a continuity between the classic PSs and the new ones was established. It's not very difficult to come up with things to connect PSO; the ship that is ruins could be one of the PS3 ships and the Force in the URAending sealing DF in the column could be Rune or another Lutz descendant. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
References there are lots if you think about it... Naura cake shop, Nei's claw, Garuberk-Ruins 3 similarities, three columns representing three planets which in turn were the seal of the Profound Darkness, etc.
Setting PSU in a different universe was kinda disappointing for me, I really am a big fan of the old PSs, but then again, the Profound Darkness was defeated in PS4, so presumably it is "dead" and cannot spawn new Dark Forces/Falzes/whatever. The DF in PSO was one of the many that boarded the PS3 ships (not the AlisaIII since that one was defeated, but one of the endings suggests that there were multiple DFs, one for each ship).
I thought they could come up with some kind of "dark religion" whose goal is to "ressurect" the PD or something, not so sure about that. All this assuming PD was killed in PS4..
Surely references would be nice though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 1, 2006, 08:58 AM
The Profound Darkness was not killed. I know, its hard to believe, but, its true. Why? It was badly written dialogue following its defeat that leads people to believe this. The Profound Darkness is, in essence, pure evil. Pure evil cannot be destroyed anymore than pure good can. Good cannot exist without evil. It is a universal thought that has existed for at least as long as there has been life on this planet, if not for longer. Therefore, its a pretty safe belief that the being was defeated, not destroyed. Any number of DarkFalzes can still return due to this.
We can still speculate about which DarkFalz was on Ragol, what planet Ragol really was, & things like that. Even tho PS changed systems from Algol to the planet of Ragol, its actually closer to its roots now. Its in yet another system with 3 planets that are pretty close to the original 3 planets. Id say thats a step in the right direction. Id prefer it to be Algol (I miss it). However, I accept the change because it IS Phantasy Star. Im sure other references will emerge.

Alisha
Feb 1, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-01-31 08:14, MegamanX wrote:
Why does it always have to be a Dark attributed bad guy =/ the final boss should be like... a super cross-breed of like... a Cybernetically enhanced Newman with heavy weaponry and high level techniques =0
Yeah... that'd be hawt.

your idea sounds like castor and pollux from pso ep3 lol >.>

as for dark falz returning i see no reason why not since psu most likely takes place in an alternate universe from the main phantasy star story arc

Tkinc
Feb 1, 2006, 06:57 PM
Dark Falz is most likely back again (which side?? SEED's or another-->looks at war scene between ultimate monsters from PSO and nor-v. hard... in the PSU CG movie...) But it also looks like Olga Flow is also back (looks invisible though in the CG... so maybe he's good?)

OdinTyler
Feb 1, 2006, 10:14 PM
OlgaFlow is not back. Like DarkFalz from Episode I, OF contained a human being inside who's soul you freed when the monster was destroyed. You freed Rico, you freed Heathcliff. Theyre dead & at peace. Theyre NOT coming back. Is DarkFalz coming back? Hell yeah! Always will. It just needs to look more like classic ones...just MUCH bigger. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ennie
Feb 2, 2006, 05:48 AM
On 2006-02-01 05:58, OdinTyler wrote:
The Profound Darkness was not killed. I know, its hard to believe, but, its true. Why? It was badly written dialogue following its defeat that leads people to believe this. The Profound Darkness is, in essence, pure evil. Pure evil cannot be destroyed anymore than pure good can. Good cannot exist without evil. It is a universal thought that has existed for at least as long as there has been life on this planet, if not for longer. Therefore, its a pretty safe belief that the being was defeated, not destroyed. Any number of DarkFalzes can still return due to this.

That makes perfect sense!
Good to know, I guess I'll play through PS4 again and keep an eye out for that line of dialogue. n.n'