PDA

View Full Version : There are some bonuses for not importing....

DavidNel
Jan 30, 2006, 06:25 PM
I was reading through PSO-world's info about PSU. There is a lot of missing information. (Rightfully so, not much has been given...) But by waiting for the US release that will come out later, you will have other poeple's opinions and advice on the areas we arn't so sure on now.

I don't know if anyone else thought of these possibilities. It is just a way to try and look at the delay in a positive way. Food for thought.

I'm still hoping for a early release, and it seems like I can't wait, but I think I will be better prepaired if I DON'T import.

Please tell me what you all think of the delay. Do you view it in a positive or negitive light?

ajenteks
Jan 30, 2006, 06:33 PM
The positive to the delay is less bugs [in theory], which is important for PS2 players. As for importers, how many bugs have been discovered in the JP version and fixed in the following U.S. release?

Importers of ST games are practically paying out the butt to be beta testers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tystys
Jan 30, 2006, 06:47 PM
While I see all the positives of the game being held back, I'm still a lil pi---- about it. Ah well, atleast we know that it'll be twice as awesome.

Russ2576
Jan 30, 2006, 11:51 PM
The delay is both positive and negative to me. Positive in that they'll fix any bugs found in Jp version.

But the negative is a big one. The Japanese players will have a 6 month or so head start, and that means lots of their Player Shops will be full of found and player made rare items. And if the US and Jp servers do get linked, lazy US players will raid those shops. It'll suck immensely to get online on Day 1 and see people already running around with all sorts of rares bought from Japanese Player Shops.

OdinTyler
Jan 31, 2006, 12:09 AM
Yeah it would. Well, from what we know, PS2 & PC servers will be linked. However, they didnt specify if regional servers will be linked. Does anyone know for sure? If we're linked to other regions, I agree, its going to cause probs for us & well, take away some of the fun of US, the non JP players, discovering items.

kazuma56
Jan 31, 2006, 12:24 AM
On 2006-01-30 20:51, Russ2576 wrote:
The delay is both positive and negative to me. Positive in that they'll fix any bugs found in Jp version.

But the negative is a big one. The Japanese players will have a 6 month or so head start, and that means lots of their Player Shops will be full of found and player made rare items. And if the US and Jp servers do get linked, lazy US players will raid those shops. It'll suck immensely to get online on Day 1 and see people already running around with all sorts of rares bought from Japanese Player Shops.

In theory that would make sense, but if each rare weapon needs you to be a certain "rank" in one of the three professions (hunter/ranger/force), then it won't be so much of a problem because we won't be seeing US/EU players using those weapons until they start to lvl up.

Russ2576
Jan 31, 2006, 12:32 AM
On 2006-01-30 21:24, kazuma56 wrote:

On 2006-01-30 20:51, Russ2576 wrote:

In theory that would make sense, but if each rare weapon needs you to be a certain "rank" in one of the three professions (hunter/ranger/force), then it won't be so much of a problem because we won't be seeing US/EU players using those weapons until they start to lvl up.

That'd be our only hope, and not like lv1 PSO characters able to use S-Rank weapons.

GaijinPUnch
Jan 31, 2006, 12:35 AM
I wouldnt' have so much faith. W/ the GC release, they fixed one duping bug, which required all JP players to either start anew, or give up their items, only to join a community of US players that was overrun with dupes from another exploit.

Their hearts were in the right place, but their brains weren't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-01-30 21:36 ]</font>

Tystys
Jan 31, 2006, 08:42 AM
If they allowed for cross regional servers, then there's a possibility that playing the Japanese imported version couldn't be such a bad idea after all, O_O.
Then again, if you can't read japanese, or don't have enough patience to do so, I think not.

RyuuHokori
Jan 31, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-01-31 05:42, Tystys wrote:
If they allowed for cross regional servers, then there's a possibility that playing the Japanese imported version couldn't be such a bad idea after all, O_O.
Then again, if you can't read japanese, or don't have enough patience to do so, I think not.

This is why i hope they add in a english option to the jp version.

vox3om
Jan 31, 2006, 12:14 PM
This is a little off topic I know, but as of today what is the official release date? It's changed so many times that its hard to keep up.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

Nash
Jan 31, 2006, 12:32 PM
JP: March 30th
US: Fall 2006

The EU date hasn't been updated yet, and is still listed as Summer 2006. Although I'd expect it to be atleast a couple of months after the US release.

Tystys
Jan 31, 2006, 09:21 PM
Might as well buy the Japanese version!

vox3om
Feb 1, 2006, 09:41 AM
Or just beg ST to make an official US release date. Fall 06 is just so unsettling. I'm hoping Fall 06 equals May 06. haha.

DamonKatu
Feb 1, 2006, 01:54 PM
In other words, we dont want psu to fall like PSO did in the late 2000's. We dont want to see players wlak though walls, get killed in one hit, walk over pit falls, and be kicked while we are leveling.

OdinTyler
Feb 1, 2006, 03:06 PM
On 2006-02-01 10:54, DamonKatu wrote:
In other words, we dont want psu to fall like PSO did in the late 2000's. We dont want to see players wlak though walls, get killed in one hit, walk over pit falls, and be kicked while we are leveling.

Basically, avoid the creeps & when you find friends to group with, stick with them. PSO online wasnt as much fun without friends to group with. Having to constantly dodge irritating hackers was no picnic either, believe me.