PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Trying to hard?

Sonico_Cyborg
Feb 3, 2006, 08:35 PM
Personaly, i think maybe sonic team is trying to hard for psu. I hope they dont make it so i cant enjoy playing it anymore.

OdinTyler
Feb 3, 2006, 08:36 PM
I need this topic explained to me before I can post. Im just not getting WHY youre asking this.

Brus
Feb 3, 2006, 09:09 PM
If by trying too hard you mean putting too many little details then I agree, but disagree. they are putting in tons of little details but rather than trying too hard, it just seems like sonic team really loves this project.

katera
Feb 3, 2006, 09:23 PM
I'm honestly sticking with Odin here... I don't really understand. But at the same time, I sort of do. So explaining would help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nash
Feb 3, 2006, 09:27 PM
I'd rather they tried too hard than too little http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ajenteks
Feb 3, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-02-03 17:35, Sonico_Cyborg wrote:
Personaly, i think maybe sonic team is trying to hard for psu. I hope they dont make it so i cant enjoy playing it anymore.

You could be right. Time's going to have to tell though.

Atayin
Feb 4, 2006, 06:12 AM
I see where you're coming from, Cyborg. I'm hoping that they don't go overboard as well, but from what we've seen, it really does seem like their efforts are in the right places.

Sometimes when a team tries too hard, they do it in a way that one flashy features actually starts to detract from things like gameplay and enjoyment factor. But, the developing team for PSU seems so fan-oriented. They've been paying attention to their fans and dropping inside jokes and references here and there (which loyal fans would understand), which really leads me to believe that they have a gamer's best interest in mind. Atleast, I certainly hope so.

Nash
Feb 4, 2006, 07:07 AM
The game seems like a labour of love, so I wouldn't worry too much.

BeatZero
Feb 4, 2006, 10:47 AM
All the stuff they're adding to the game are awsome. There are some really innovative features that no other game like this has ever attempted.

It's shaping up to be everything I wanted PSO to be and more, I can't wait!

Scopes
Feb 4, 2006, 10:58 AM
They jsut want to make sure it's FRICKIN SCHWEET!

Hey, in my opinion, PSU may have the potential to be the real-world equivalent of .hack//

If they could just think of something to attract all auiences... which the PS universe (excuse that) seems to do a decent job already. Gettin the RPGers, high-tech lovers, action junkies, etc.

Only time will tell
(But if they pull another delay, I vote we go raid their HQ, I'll even buy 4 pichforks for people.)

Tystys
Feb 4, 2006, 01:39 PM
Who knows...with this new PS, they might even get some FF fans to convert...
Nah...

shinobu_seta
Feb 4, 2006, 01:49 PM
So far I think they're doing everything right as for answering to people's PSO wish lists.

Most of all of my "I wish I could do this" ideas for PSO have been brought to reality for PSU.

What they really need to work on is pushing and advertising this game, to get the largest audience they can.

DizzyDi
Feb 4, 2006, 02:02 PM
On 2006-02-04 10:39, Tystys wrote:
Nah...

Its not about CONVERTING. Its just about getting them to buy the fudgin game. FF fans don't JUST play FF excusively(sp?). I'm sure this game will be pretty popular, it won all sorts of awards at E3, there have been cover stories and articles on it in several popular gaming magazines, and all this delay is just makin people want to buy it MORE. Its gunna sell like free iPods covered in crack.

Atayin
Feb 4, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-02-04 11:02, DizzyDi wrote:

Nah...

Its not about CONVERTING. Its just about getting them to buy the fudgin game. FF fans don't JUST play FF excusively(sp?). I'm sure this game will be pretty popular, it won all sorts of awards at E3, there have been cover stories and articles on it in several popular gaming magazines, and all this delay is just makin people want to buy it MORE. Its gunna sell like free iPods covered in crack.

I think that by convert, he means change their preference. Instead of people looking at an RPG and comparing it to Final Fantasy, they may begin comparing Final Fantasy to PSU. THAT would definately be a conversion. Especially getting people to realize that the Phantasy Star series deserves even more credit then FF does in being influential.

Let us convert the heathens!

therealAERO
Feb 4, 2006, 07:25 PM
I refuse to vote because I am sickened with this topic. First in PSO they aren't trying hard enough, and now in PSU they are trying too hard(thats like being too nice) Its an oxymoron.

Sonic Team can never win can they?

lostinseganet
Feb 4, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-02-03 17:35, Sonico_Cyborg wrote:
I think they are not trying hard enough. They could make it eight player coop. Till then it will never be too much.

Tystys
Feb 4, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-02-04 14:59, Atayin wrote:

On 2006-02-04 11:02, DizzyDi wrote:

Nah...

I think that by convert, he means change their preference. Instead of people looking at an RPG and comparing it to Final Fantasy, they may begin comparing Final Fantasy to PSU. THAT would definately be a conversion. Especially getting people to realize that the Phantasy Star series deserves even more credit then FF does in being influential.

Let us convert the heathens!

Repent! Repent! lmao

OdinTyler
Feb 6, 2006, 12:02 AM
I dont think ST can try 'too hard'. If they give ppl what theyve been waiting for, ppl can only benefit. From what Ive seen of the game, its looking better & better. Keep up the good work, ST! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

YaLyn
Feb 6, 2006, 06:29 AM
You know what? I was watching G4 last week and I saw the interview of Yuji Naka and ST. About their success and what they done. Right now it made toght that they're trying their best to make this game purfect. (I got spelling problems)So I think it's best not bug them in any way now.

hypersaxon
Feb 12, 2006, 12:02 AM
I don't really care how much they throw into the game, just as long as it's funner than PSO, has good graphics, and keeps me addicted.

Tystys
Feb 12, 2006, 01:39 AM
Addiction FTW

Saraphim
Feb 12, 2006, 03:18 AM
As long as there are rare weapons to find (or make as the case may be) and monsters to kill, everything else is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.
ST is putting a lot of hype into this game, and not delivering on that would kill it fast. We will learn a lot about it when it hits Japan, and from the people who will import it and play it in the States even before it's released here.

ideal_joker
Feb 12, 2006, 08:42 PM
If I may say this without sounding like a terrible person, if you don't want to be disappointed with the game, don't put your expectations up too high. I don't expect this game to be the FF killer (or the WOW killer in the case of online play), but that would be nice. PSU has a lot of little details, but that's to add more customization to it (which is something I know PSO fans wanted). I'm sure it will be a fine game. The world is different than most RPGs and most MMORPGs, it seems to nicely blend action and RPG elements, and it looks pretty good (considering it's for the PS2).

Just don't expect the game to be revolutionary, and you'll be fine with it.

therealAERO
Feb 12, 2006, 10:57 PM
I expect it to kill WOW, and my boredom.

OdinTyler
Feb 12, 2006, 11:08 PM
Its Phantasy Star. If its true to that, Im happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Feb 13, 2006, 12:25 AM
The only way anyone can put their expectations to high is if they don't expect this game to be more of the same with alot of sauce slathered on top to cover up the stale taste which is prolly why it was delayed. The prob is alot of the consumers have accepted this as the norm and are inherently light-hearted about it and spout, "as long as its fun im happy".

Well people who suffer from down syndrome can settle for alot of things that most people wouldn't waste their time with, accept when it comes to games the majority of gamers are the equivelent of those with down syndrome and therefore are willing to settle for less. Just because you are capable of settling for what is given to you doesn't mean its good. Some of you would/will consider this hating but their will always be those who are habitually/unreasonably contrary since its easier to call someone a hater rather than evaluate their personal taste.

A common tool/crutch to use in a game is to make it "intuitive" which usually transaltes to "throw in as much bull**** for people to waste their time with as we can since this came is pretty shallow at its core" since coming with serious means of entertaining can be taxing on the mind and perception causing conceptualizing power to stagnate.

I do envy those who have bad taste tho since they are able to enjoy themselves more, the matrix illustrates these points extensively in broader terms and relates to what im saying in case some/most of what i say went over some heads.

Somethign is obviously wrong when Eps.3, a game that requires thinking and strategy doesn't do too good sais alot about the majority of fans. Sure you could say that the game wasn't good, but the game IS good, tho itd be more appropriate to say that its "different" rather than say its good since what is good or bad is a matter of opinion or moot. Different is good tho, sameness is NOT good which is similairly illustrated by the saying "The immitation of a beautiful thing is an ugly thing" which also applies to things that are repeated or reused spawning: "derivations".

When I saw how people started basiclly pining after PSU all I could think to myself was "oh my god.."

SOME of us can't play GOOD games because MOST of you would much rather play CRAP. the fact that my and many others' enjoyment is held ransom by the tasteless is repugnant.

F-o-x
Feb 13, 2006, 04:50 AM
I've said this to you before, but why does everything have to be so different? There doesn't have to be a gameplay revolution between games in a series or a genre. Yes you are correct in saying that the majority of people want more of the same (myself included) and I do not appreciate the fact that you are calling me and a lot of other people retarded when you say we are "settling".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2006-02-13 01:50 ]</font>

ideal_joker
Feb 13, 2006, 04:38 PM
On 2006-02-12 21:25, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
The only way anyone can put their expectations to high is if they don't expect this game to be more of the same with alot of sauce slathered on top to cover up the stale taste which is prolly why it was delayed. The prob is alot of the consumers have accepted this as the norm and are inherently light-hearted about it and spout, "as long as its fun im happy".

Well people who suffer from down syndrome can settle for alot of things that most people wouldn't waste their time with, accept when it comes to games the majority of gamers are the equivelent of those with down syndrome and therefore are willing to settle for less. Just because you are capable of settling for what is given to you doesn't mean its good. Some of you would/will consider this hating but their will always be those who are habitually/unreasonably contrary since its easier to call someone a hater rather than evaluate their personal taste.

A common tool/crutch to use in a game is to make it "intuitive" which usually transaltes to "throw in as much bull**** for people to waste their time with as we can since this came is pretty shallow at its core" since coming with serious means of entertaining can be taxing on the mind and perception causing conceptualizing power to stagnate.

I do envy those who have bad taste tho since they are able to enjoy themselves more, the matrix illustrates these points extensively in broader terms and relates to what im saying in case some/most of what i say went over some heads.

Somethign is obviously wrong when Eps.3, a game that requires thinking and strategy doesn't do too good sais alot about the majority of fans. Sure you could say that the game wasn't good, but the game IS good, tho itd be more appropriate to say that its "different" rather than say its good since what is good or bad is a matter of opinion or moot. Different is good tho, sameness is NOT good which is similairly illustrated by the saying "The immitation of a beautiful thing is an ugly thing" which also applies to things that are repeated or reused spawning: "derivations".

When I saw how people started basiclly pining after PSU all I could think to myself was "oh my god.."

SOME of us can't play GOOD games because MOST of you would much rather play CRAP. the fact that my and many others' enjoyment is held ransom by the tasteless is repugnant.

It would be nice if you didn't put yourself at a higher standard than the majority of gamers. We're not idiots, we're realistic. A company can't revolutionize a genre (or be the new standard of a genre) every time they make a new game. Anyone who has actually watched entertainment trends (or anyone with basic programming knowledge) would know this.

I played Ep. 3, and I liked the concept. There were apparent flaws with this game in exicution. The main element of this game was LUCK not STRATEGY, and that got annoying after a while, especially with Arkz decks. Also there was a problem that it was too easy to play as the Heroes, especially against an Arkz opponent. That's why people didn't like the game.

Atayin
Feb 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
I have a terrible habit of getting my expectations up too high. I did with PSO by overspeculating and expecting a ton of more features that weren't even in the game.

This time around, I'm trying to keep my expectations a little more down to earth by just focusing on the facts. The game still looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good. Conceptually, it all looks wonderful, so I'm just hoping that the gameplay doesn't ruin anything.

I'm expecting this game to be sort of like.. a PSO+++, so, naturally, seeing as how I liked PSO, I'm expecting this to be even better. As far as that goes, I hope I don't end up dissapointed.

Pseudo
Feb 13, 2006, 05:13 PM

No offence but I seriously hope I dont meet you on PSU, your far too conceited. You dont want to play rubbish games because of others, well then DONT play them.

littleman2347
Feb 13, 2006, 05:45 PM
I dont think think there trying hard enough.

OdinTyler
Feb 13, 2006, 05:50 PM
Im glad Im not the only one who thought BW was way out of line. I just wanted to see if anyone else would speak up first. Im glad you all have. In the rush of expectations, sometimes its better to not place one's hopes too high so youre not let down. On the other hand, you dont wanna denounce something before its even here. Basically, just be hopeful with a tinge of realistic. Then, if we get more than we expected (& so far, we have), we as the players, win. Haters need not apply.

Atayin
Feb 13, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-02-13 14:13, Pseudo wrote:

No offence but I seriously hope I dont meet you on PSU, your far too conceited. You dont want to play rubbish games because of others, well then DONT play them.

True, he could have come across in a much more pleasent fasion, but IMHO, he has every right to be pissed off. He's absolutely right.

Just try to ignore the condescending way that he said it and think about how gaming has changed in general. Games have hit mainstream. I've said this before and I'll say it again. People who used to pick on kids and call them "dorks" for playing video games are now driving around with Grand Theft Auto bumperstickers. With a generation of gaming that is meant to appeal to the insecure conformist and the simple-minded anti-geek, naturally, video games have changed to appeal to THOSE types of people in general, DESPITE those of us who have stuck with the genre for years and years and years.

Video game companies are out to make money. Why wouldn't the be? So, if the people want crap in a box, they will start packaging rotting feces if it's what people will pay for. More and more crap will hit the forefront and actual GOOD games will be few and far between which means that in the end.. a person who can differentiate QUALITY from what is "Cool" is left with more dissapointments then they'd care to reflect on. And those crappy games will be the ones to get good reviews so that the journalists can stay in business as well (http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/07/the_pointlessness_of_current_videogame_journalism/ , because he sums it up better then I can).

The video game industry in general has changed in a way that frustrates me a lot. As for those of you who don't understand what I'm saying, or are offended by it- then don't worry about it. There are still lots of good games for people like me. The gaming industry is more diverse, and that could be considered a good thing.. I just wish that people would stop buying the really watered down garbage just because they see it on T.V.. Maybe then we wouldn't have so many sequels to games that were never even good in the firstplace.

End rant...

for now.

F-o-x
Feb 13, 2006, 06:18 PM
When you say it like that I'm inclined to agree (Although most things that were contained within BW's post I still strongly dissagree with, and it isn't just the way he said it). Gaming has indeed changed over the years and companies do want to target as many people as possible. Hardcore gamers are sadly in the minority.

On a sidenote I sometimes want to go upside my friend's heads when they talk about "graphics this" and "graphics that". I believe far too much emphasis is placed on graphics in gaming today.

ideal_joker
Feb 13, 2006, 06:25 PM
I totally agree that the quality of games has gone down lately, that's why my expectations are never too high for any game I'm looking forward to (which are few and far between). But I am looking at some of these aspects from the point of view of a programmer. It is difficult to constantly add new things to the basic genres, so developers have to learn to play off good flow, good story, and at least decent graphics to make up for what is lacking in the innovation department. Most companies focus on the graphics rather than the content. This is all just my opinion, and you can chose to ignore it.

Atayin
Feb 13, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-02-13 15:18, F-o-x wrote:

On a sidenote I sometimes want to go upside my friend's heads when they talk about "graphics this" and "graphics that". I believe far too much emphasis is placed on graphics in gaming today.

That's the truth. I still enjoy playing games that people make for RM2k, which are usually of a SNES quality graphics-wise. It's all about gameplay, and every now and then, you'll find a gem that is innovative and has a very compelling story (http://www.crestfallen.us).

I recall Nintendo releasing a few low-graphical titles like a Pac-Man game where other players could play as the ghosts and team up on one pac-man player with their GBAs. The game looked and played exactly like the old Atari one, but it was awesome.

I had a blast playing it with my friends, but the game just didn't sell at all. Nobody wanted to play a game with graphics that are over 20 years dated. Most would rather play high definition garbage with little or equal gameplay value to every other game that is vaguely similar to it.

I remember reading some professionals referring to a "gaming plateu", and how games will stop selling because graphics can't continue to advance.. but they just don't realize that if people were willing to try new and innovative game designs, graphics wouldn't be an issue. Hopefully Nintendo will succeed in their goals with the Revolution and not bomb completely. I hope they know what they're doing.

And hopefully Sonic Team won't make the mistake of putting waaaaaay too much emphasis on graphics and cinematics and end up giving us watered down gameplay and design. That'd be a total dissapointment. I don't think it'll happen... atleast, I don't WANT to think it'll happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-13 15:31 ]</font>

F-o-x
Feb 13, 2006, 06:39 PM
I hope Nintendo makes it too. I couldn't live without Link and Mario (always considered myself a diehard Sonic fan but... its the truth. Yeah Sonic kicks ass too and I'd say the same for him) at the very least.

As offtopic as this has gone I have to say this. Atayin are you playing The Way? Oh man... I just got finished with that about a month ago and... wow. I have to say it had one of the best stories of any RPG I have ever played. Seriously, if any of you here consider yourselves RPG enthusiasts, you have to play The Way. Go to that website Atayin posted. The battle systems (It utilizes two within the game) might turn some people off but I believe the story is awesome. If there was a commercial release of that game on a current gen console I would buy it in a heartbeat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-o-x on 2006-02-13 15:41 ]</font>

Atayin
Feb 13, 2006, 07:23 PM
Awesome. So, I'm not the only one here who likes The Way? Well, Fox isn't kidding, guys. I recommend The Way as well, all Six episodes. I'd pay retail price just to go through that story, but fortunately it's free. I guess it was a labor of love.

Parts of it, especially some of the dialogue literally gave me goosebumps and made my heart sink into my stomach. It's incredibly deep. Incredibly. It's a prime example of how emphasis can be put on compelling features other then graphics and a masterpiece can still be come out shining.

Maybe some developing teams, including Sonic Team should play it as well. It'd be pretty cool if it became standard for RPGs to have deep character development and storylines like this does. Sure the graphics are dated... but, sometimes you need to look back in order to move forward http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Feb 14, 2006, 01:18 PM
Excuse my tone, Sometimes when I get started on something my mood changing while I'm in the middle of making a statement since I sometimes have revelations and end up squeezing them in lol Most of my statements come from a conceptual standpoint and not an emotional one so I tend to be more.. passionate about my statements.

Tho I guess I can't complain when I don't have to shell out as much cash but I still can't get over how most games aren't very conceptually stimulating >.< PSO used to be a halmark for me since it was the FIRST online adventure game I've ever played(the first game in general i played online was q3a for DC). AFter I got to play other online adventure games I realized that their are many other online games I could be playing that are more "intuitive" than PSO.

Still to this day PSOs visual style is still my favorite since its one of the few sci-fantasy themed games around whish is why I keep my eye on PSU even tho some tho the designs look kinda of awkward for characters you create, particularly the male humans.

After playing a game I often bring up called Monster Hunter I saw alot of elements in that that I kept thinking to myself "OMG PSO WOULD ****ING OWN IF IT WERE SIMILIAR TO THIS". EVERY adventure game I play that has a good game mechanic I like I always imagine what it'd be like if PSO utilized it because. The only things I can possibly see as improvements in PSU are character creation and possibly the ecomony.

Psu has more style but less substance as the latest title in the franchise. The same appears to apply to STs latest Sonic game :/

The conceptualizing power of the Japanese has started to stagnate for a long while now.

Pseudo
Feb 14, 2006, 04:23 PM
Thats okay, i apologise for what i said earlier, i tend to get very defensive about things that i cant control. Especially the current situation within the games industry.

Atayin
Feb 14, 2006, 05:00 PM
Now that you mention PSO's unique visual style.. that's something I've had on my mind as well. Not only the visual style, but the overall style in general.

There was just SOMETHING about PSO. Does anybody else know what I mean? ..The style of music, the sound effects, the way the menus looked. None of it was cliche or haphazzardly thrown together. It all meshed so well. In my opinion, all of that contributed to PSO being way more immersive then it could have been otherwise. I really hope some of that unique style carries over to PSU. And if not THAT style, then hopefully something better.

hypersaxon
Feb 14, 2006, 05:58 PM
I usually don't fall prey to stuff like hype, I know people tend to get hyped over games and then they realize it's not that much different from the last (Halo 2 would be an example of this). However, I can't help but get hyped about PSU. After reading everything there is to read about this game on the site, I'm incredibly excited and can't wait to play it. Sure there's a few minor bummers, like the 4 characters per account thing, but if this game matches the addictiveness of PSO (and I know it will and then some) then damn, I'm willing to shell out some extra cash each month for a second account. I don't know any other game that I would do something like that, but PSU may just be that one game.

I know that giving into hype is usually a bad thing to do, but I just can't help it. This game is everything I've dreamed of in a Phantasy Star game.

OdinTyler
Feb 14, 2006, 08:08 PM
Well, Phantasy Star always had a cult following. It may never be #1 but those that love it, stick by it. I cant say Ive loved every game more than the one before it. Each one stands out on its own. Things I like & dont like about each. If theres one thing that must be in every PS game is that it must FEEL like a PS game. As long as it continues that basic connection to its roots & continues to add on to the saga, Im happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Feb 15, 2006, 05:28 PM
On 2006-02-14 14:00, Atayin wrote:
Now that you mention PSO's unique visual style.. that's something I've had on my mind as well. Not only the visual style, but the overall style in general.

There was just SOMETHING about PSO. Does anybody else know what I mean? ..The style of music, the sound effects, the way the menus looked. None of it was cliche or haphazzardly thrown together. It all meshed so well. In my opinion, all of that contributed to PSO being way more immersive then it could have been otherwise. I really hope some of that unique style carries over to PSU. And if not THAT style, then hopefully something better.

Yeah exactly, tho with PSU all they did was give us another PSO with a new look and few other new things but thats pretty much it. I'd have preffered theyed just improved PSO >.< but hopefully they'll keep that universe aorund for those who still like it. All they have to do is update/change the gameplay rather than give us something new that will end up being relatively the same. The gameplay for PSU might end up being pretty good but I doubt I'd be able to stand the theme of the game, I still for PSOs theme.

Tho for one thing PSUs theme will be more cliche than PSOs since PSO involved investigation on what happened on Ragol while PSU will be about some zealous kids on a mission to save the universe :/ I doubt PSU will be more intriguing than PSO despite it being kinda shallow in the earlier versions. Tho I guess when your conducting an investigation the story isn't fed to you like in typical adventure games, in PSO you had to go look for things to investigate on quests and sub-quests.

Atayin
Feb 15, 2006, 05:37 PM
I dunno. While, I always enjoy something that isn't cliche, I guess I'm pretty fond of the typical "Lets save the Universe!" story as long as the characters are fun to interact with. Afterall, PSO started out with just an investigation but ended up turning into a "Oh well. While we're here, we might as well save the galaxy" type of thing.

The theme is fine even if it is a little cliche.. I just hope that everything else isn't cliche. If they bring some unique characters and conflict along with interesting plot twists, the story can still be nice and fresh. I really do hope they do a good job with this.

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 05:39 PM
Well, if youre looking for PSU to have a similar theme to PSO in the 'we might as well save the day' kind of thing, that IS kinda what PSU is. Youre out to save your sister. Since you do, you might as well stop the evil around. Same thing. But then, RPGs are always about adventuring & good vs. evil anyway.

Blackwaltz-R
Feb 16, 2006, 12:16 PM
One of the draws to this game is suppsoed to be the story, but if its a generic story how can it be a significant aspect? I could understand the gameplay being relatively the same but throwing in generic story? Tho then again it is a PS game so it may end up being generic it still has its unique sci-fantasy theme so that could draw out some nice aspects.

I think why PSOs storys didn't have much of an appeal is because they were pretty convoluted. Just like how the appeal of the anime Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex turned alot of people off because of all the political, socialogical and economical issues they would get into that would be overwhleming for the average anime viewer under the age of.. 18 assuming they have developed a certain level of perspective BY that age.

PSO focused on political and military, and scientific Issues that I could barely grasped when it first came out on DC. Eps3 focused on political issues and personal convictions that I would say was the most interesting since their was quite a bit of drama. The biggest in my opinion being the fact that Kranz died and was replaced by a clone using the same technology used in the cards. That had an impact on me since Ino'lis had a thing for him, it would be repugnant to have someone you liked for so long end up dying and being replaced since regardless the person she fell for is gone.

PSU looks like itll have a focus on characters convictions and some socialogical issues between the races or their getting over those issues since their was supposed to be a celebration of how long they have established peace or something like that. I can only detect generic resolutions on these fronts so far tho >.< Their will prolly be some moderate intrigue but prolly no more than that.

Some of you may not find PSOs story that great but I liked it because it was different from most games I've played with a plot. I'd rather have plot thats moderatly good than a plot that is "good" for typical reasons.

Alizar
Feb 26, 2006, 09:03 PM
I think they're just fixing out all the bugs and crap. I'm sure it'll be good. They're probabbly adding some cutomization features and working on graphics etc.. Any way how much damage could extra customisation stuff do...