PDA

View Full Version : dont show it if its not out!

antarcticaPSU
Feb 3, 2006, 10:08 PM
damn i just saw the new pics i hate that we have to wait until fall!i hate this i think sega sood show us and tell us about it close to when its comeing out!if i didnt like it too much i probably wont buy it.it makes me pissed when people do that(-_-) they make sound so awsome and cool a long long time befor it comes out!i hope sega reads our topics about stuff like this.i wanted to go nuts when i saw FALL!

Dhylec
Feb 3, 2006, 10:18 PM
Part of the 'fun' is speculate & discuss about the many aspects of game while waiting for it to be released. It's s torture for eager fans to see a delay, but there is nothing anyone can do.
Be patient, good things come to those who wait remeber?. ;]

Tystys
Feb 3, 2006, 10:34 PM
The only thing I can remember is the amount of heads that rolled once I heard PSU was delayed.

Sgt_Shligger
Feb 3, 2006, 10:43 PM
no one gets it------- dont u understand that ALL games have this dont for their sequels??? Bungie(guys who made Halo) is ESPECIALLY a mther****er for this kind of thing-- but again we are forced to wait and i am forced to not play PSO---- i dont like to play the game 'less i get 3 friends wit' me but thats a VERY rare thing considering they are jealous of my vast array of weapons and lvls---- but they want to get hype for the game so more ppl buy it--- but YOU din't fall for it u are better than all of us here (cept maybe me but then again its hardto compete with perfection eh?) i shood post me picture in the RL forums....

katera
Feb 4, 2006, 01:18 AM
I totally second what Dhylec said.
And you could always give yourself a challange of something, to pass the time waiting. Like me, I'm trying to level 6 more Characters to 200 before PSU. Lol, which proves very stressful. ._. But it's passing time. :]

Every passing day gets more exciting for PS fans, who await PSU.

Just rejoice! Come on, we have yet another wonderful Phantasy Star game on it's way. Also they're saving our Characters onto there database, and most probably uped on cheating. Rejoice again!

Just think of all the great stuff, and forget we're waiting.

-No corrupts. (Hopefully)
-No FSOD/BSODing players. (Everyone loves good clean fun, without them kids).
-New game!
-More activity (Surely?)
-3 Worlds! :D

And so much more. ^_^ Edit: ((Sorry about how long this is. Got cared away. x3))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: katera on 2006-02-03 22:19 ]</font>

Atayin
Feb 4, 2006, 06:08 AM
I completely understand... it IS torture! I can't wait any longer, I... *foams at the mouth and blacks out*

Tystys
Feb 4, 2006, 01:44 PM
Sorta off topic, but I keep hearing about this character creation thing for PSU that we can screw around with. Is there such a thing?...
By this, I meant that is there like a program, or "game' of the sort that allows you to see how much customization can go through you're characters?

DizzyDi
Feb 4, 2006, 02:05 PM
Not that I know of. People in the forum have been asking and hoping ST will release one to tide us over until the release of the actual game.

Atayin
Feb 4, 2006, 05:54 PM
I remember people were requesting the character generator be released (stand-alone) prior to the actual game in the City of Heroes community as well. And, City of Heroes has, by far, the best character generator that I've ever seen.

Cryptic Studios (dev team for CoH) replied with something that made perfect sense. They said that it would be much more difficult then it seems to just release the character generator, because it is so intertwined with the actual game. The various graphics and interfaces are all connected with the rest of the game...

I suppose it would be like trying to tear a plant out of the ground and expecting it to function. The plant(PSU char gen) is rooted into the ground(PSU itself) because the ground gives it the resources it needs to function. PSU is probably the same way...

it sure would be cool to get my hands on the PSU character generator right now, though.

wupper
Feb 4, 2006, 07:34 PM
They released a char generator as a bonus for people who pre-ordered EQ2 to tide them over when that was launched. Was a nice touch...made the wait even more unbearable though knowing your char was all there and ready to go and not being able to play it.

Still it used up a week or 2 swapping screenies of your toon to be on the forums http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

therealAERO
Feb 4, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'm waiting till March 30th than I will have the japanese one. I am looking forward to trying out the 1 player RPG, and Extra mode looks so bitchn' I really can't wait. And if there is a way for people in the US to get on short of getting a credit card in japan I will. Unless they have Wells Fargo in Japan ^_^

Lovejuice
Feb 4, 2006, 08:19 PM
Actually, going somewhat off-topic, but City of Heroes does have a stand-alone character generator, to some degree.

With CoH/V's recent appearance in the Korean market, under the title 'City of Hero' (also added were some new 'lead' heroes to help localise the entire thing), a downloadable character creation tool is available, in Korean (http://www.coh.co.kr/multimedia/clientDown.asp) (requires registration and some degree of Korean compatability), for players overseas.

An English translation of sorts was previously available here (http://www.wrathgame.co.uk/WRATHArt/character_creator.htm), but has since been taken down due to 'legal implications'. Although, the CoH/V dev team of the US/EU game have commented about possibly making such a thing available to the english speaking market one day.

The Korean version was freely downloadable in the past, but once wind caught on in America and such, a big fuss was kicked up due to the fact you could recreate 'copyrighted characters', while not connected to NCSoft's network, giving NCSoft no power to policy the system (as they do with actual online CoH/V characters to avoid lawsuits a bundle from Marvel and the like), or somesuch.

I say they ban that wicked pen and paper nationwide. I can recreate Spiderman and do what I like with him! Stop me at once!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-02-04 17:20 ]</font>

therealAERO
Feb 4, 2006, 08:38 PM
The whole marvel suing them is just plain stupid...What about all the Goku's and Sephiroths on PSO? Should Funimation, and Square sue sega? They do have a certain likeness especially the Sephiroth guys. And with the Tsukrimurki J Sword, Forget about it.

Also Marvel employees were also making characters that look like theirs.

This law suit is stupid.

Tystys
Feb 4, 2006, 09:29 PM
Because Marvel saw a threat to their dominance. If you havn't heard, Marvel is working with some game company to come out with a Marvel Universe MMORPG for the next gen consoles.
But before we run this topic into the ground with Marvel VS NCSoft rants, I have to say that I to am waiting for the japanese release... I maybe not able to understand them, but by god, I can play it.

Atayin
Feb 5, 2006, 05:35 AM
Yes. Marvel makes me sick.
First they go after NCSoft for something people have been doing forever (recreating heroes... are we gonna get sued for doodling in our notebooks, now, too?). It's not like MARVEL hasn't gained it's success by immitating other hero archetypes in the past. Sure, Marvel was fresh and origional, but so was City of Heroes. Maybe DC should have sued Marvel for making a superhero. Period.

THEN they go and change Spiderman's costume to this crap yellow/red/tony stark thing. Hold on a sec.. *raving thrashing noises and loud crashes are heard before he comes back out of breath* ...I'll get you one day, Marvel. If it's the last thing I do, I'll get you for this..
But, first I need to see what happens next in Astonishing X-Men.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: Typos galore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-05 02:37 ]</font>

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me Tysts (excuse spelling), I need to swing this sucker back on topic. It applies to the topic, because I'm hoping that if Phantasy Star becomes a huge franchise and success that they ALWAYS pay attention to fans and don't eventually become like Square-Enix or Marvel in that regard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-05 03:24 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 05:56 AM
On 2006-02-05 02:35, Atayin wrote:
Yes. Marvel makes me sick.
First they go after NCSoft for something people have been doing forever (recreating heroes... are we gonna get sued for doodling in our notebooks, now, too?). It's not like MARVEL hasn't gained it's success by immitating other hero archetypes in the past. Sure, Marvel was fresh and origional, but so was City of Heroes. Maybe DC should have sued Marvel for making a superhero. Period.

THEN they go and change Spiderman's costume to this crap yellow/red/tony stark thing. Hold on a sec.. *raving thrashing noises and loud crashes are heard before he comes back out of breath* ...I'll get you one day, Marvel. If it's the last thing I do, I'll get you for this..
But, first I need to see what happens next in Astonishing X-Men.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: Typos galore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-05 02:37 ]</font>

Lmao, that's all good and fun, but let's TRY to stay on topic, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

antarcticaPSU
Feb 5, 2006, 09:45 PM
i just cant wait!japans date didnt changed its like sega doesnt like us i no they're trying hard but y didnt japans date chang i will only hope for them 2 say thats its comeing sooner.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 10:23 PM
Bah, I'm still thinking about whether or not I should import or not.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:25 PM
On 2006-02-05 18:45, antarcticaPSU wrote:
i just cant wait!japans date didnt changed its like sega doesnt like us i no they're trying hard but y didnt japans date chang i will only hope for them 2 say thats its comeing sooner.

Actually, it did. I believe the original date was set for tomorrow & awhile back it was pushed back to March 30th. So, it was changed, just not a dramatic push like it was for everyone else.

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 10:31 PM
They do this so you see pictures and videos and then it makes you want the game more. so much untill you would go crazy. this is annoying but in a way its good because when you get the game with no bugs and all the updates youll say it was worth the wait and youll meet cool people from this fourm online. be sure to find me online ill go by the name Snake. But am i right guys?

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 10:34 PM
It's so unfair. They get a reasonable release date, and we're stuck with fall, -_-

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:42 PM
Joker, youre from NY? Where exactly? Snake huh? So Im guessing a human ranger type, Mr. Solid Snake of Metal Gear? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 10:51 PM
yea im from NY i live in ozone park in haward beach i duno if you have ever heard of that. and yea i always played with a human ranger Ramar.

DizzyDi
Feb 5, 2006, 11:03 PM
You better claim that name quick fast. Snake might be taken even before it releases in the US. Have fun trying to get it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I'm pretty beaten up by the delay too. I was waiting for it SO MUCH! This game is gunna BLOW OUR MINDS! But not until fall? ?ftw, damn sega.

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 11:12 PM
lol yea the wait is annoyin everyone but what can you do. and ill get the name Snake trust me.and if i cant i WILL play as Joker

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 11:52 PM
Havent been to Ozone Park, but, yeah Ive been to Howard Beach. Ive been known to go to a few parts of Queens, but, havent been there in the longest. Im in NY too, not too far from Manhattan. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Wanna group up, fellow NYer? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheWildJoker
Feb 6, 2006, 12:27 AM
yea im 15. is theyre a way i can PM you or put u on my friends list or somethn u sound cool.

OdinTyler
Feb 6, 2006, 08:11 AM
[quote]
On 2006-02-05 21:27, TheWildJoker wrote:
yea im 15. is theyre a way i can PM you or put u on my friends list or somethn u sound cool.

[/quote

Well, we can talk in PMs & then go from there. Thanks for the compliment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Always good to talk to a fellow resident.

Tkinc
Feb 6, 2006, 03:09 PM
On 2006-02-03 22:18, katera wrote:
I totally second what Dhylec said.
And you could always give yourself a challange of something, to pass the time waiting. Like me, I'm trying to level 6 more Characters to 200 before PSU. Lol, which proves very stressful. ._. But it's passing time. :]

Every passing day gets more exciting for PS fans, who await PSU.

Just rejoice! Come on, we have yet another wonderful Phantasy Star game on it's way. Also they're saving our Characters onto there database, and most probably uped on cheating. Rejoice again!

Just think of all the great stuff, and forget we're waiting.

-No corrupts. (Hopefully)
-No FSOD/BSODing players. (Everyone loves good clean fun, without them kids).
-New game!
-More activity (Surely?)
-3 Worlds! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And so much more. ^_^ Edit: ((Sorry about how long this is. Got cared away. x3))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: katera on 2006-02-03 22:19 ]</font>

6 more characters huh? Well you must HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE. I have only 2 lvl 200's on the GCN because I played with my brother together for those levels and everyone else in their 45-50's in Ultimate for the good weapons only because I had time during the summer... I don't understand what's so great about making 6 more lvl 200 characters... it's pretty stupid cause nothing really will come out of it after you start PSU... It's WAAY more for making all different characters go to 40-60 into ultimate mode than 200 because the game- PSO gets VERRY boring after the first time you accomplish the 200 mark...

EDIT:
Yeah the release date sucks- they better give us some FEAKIN' RARE ITEM for those who sign up the first month for that HUUUGE WAIT- it's only fair right- what about lvl. 50-60 weapons for each particular class- like the Chamelion Scythe (spelled wrong- I know) on PSO: BB I think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tkinc on 2006-02-06 12:12 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 6, 2006, 06:20 PM
O_o
Now I'm pissed. Thanks to Odin, we now know why PSU for America is being delayed. Thanks alot! Add some more attention to the Japanese, -_-.
Sure, their from Japan, but give us some well deserved treatment!