PDA

View Full Version : weather

littleman2347
Feb 4, 2006, 01:19 PM
Ya this is a kinda usless post but to you think that game time will change the weather.

DavidNel
Feb 4, 2006, 01:23 PM
I was wondering about this also. It may be like Black and White (at least offline), where the game uses your internet and the location you have on your computer to simulate the weather outside. I doubt this will happen though, because the planets are different. Wouldn't it be kinda weird seeing rain in the middle of a desert planet?

Tystys
Feb 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
Hmm, that'd be a nice feature.

shinobu_seta
Feb 4, 2006, 02:19 PM
Weather in the game sounds like a cool idea. Some weather could affect certain weaponry too. Like a thunderstorm could affect a certain kind of photon and either hurt or help some weapons.

I think just a random weather generator would be more financially feasable for them. For real world weather in your area, they would have to either pay someone to retrieve and upload that information, or pay a company like the weather channel or something to feed the data automatically to the servers.

We all know how sega likes their money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif all pennies must go to their pockets.

OdinTyler
Feb 4, 2006, 02:21 PM
If anything, just have weather relating to the planet. Moatoob is a rocky desert area. Expect hot harsh winds, craggy rocks, etc. Neudaiz is primarily water so it could rain alot & thus, produce alot of forestry. Overall nice weather. Parum is basically like Earth so anything can go there. Ya gotta wonder if all this weather talk was put in.

Atayin
Feb 4, 2006, 05:47 PM
On 2006-02-04 10:19, littleman2347 wrote:
Ya this is a kinda usless post but to you think that game time will change the weather.

It wasn't a useless post by any means. It's a good question. For some reason, I hadn't even thought about there being weather. It sure would be cool if they include day/night change features and things like occasional rain or snow in certain areas. It's wishful thinking, but maybe they did something like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-04 14:48 ]</font>

littleman2347
Feb 4, 2006, 07:47 PM
I think i would make the game more realistic (srry for spelling). ya and like on the desert place they could have like a sand storm and it hurt you a little or somethin like that.

therealAERO
Feb 4, 2006, 08:13 PM
Ethan was hit by a sand storm.

Ethan was injured by sand storm.

It Super Effective.

Ethan faints

Tystys
Feb 4, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-02-04 14:47, Atayin wrote:

On 2006-02-04 10:19, littleman2347 wrote:

It wasn't a useless post by any means. It's a good question. For some reason, I hadn't even thought about there being weather. It sure would be cool if they include day/night change features and things like occasional rain or snow in certain areas. It's wishful thinking, but maybe they did something like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-04 14:48 ]</font>

That night and day thing sounds hella interesting. Can you imagine how cool the major cities would look in the night? All lit up and stuff.
That'd be one really cool thing to see, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Getintothegame
Feb 4, 2006, 10:32 PM
Hm, well, it would be interesting. But I doubt that they would do it. I think PSO would have been a lot more interesting if they had random weather elements in like Forest or something.

If they did it, I would be in heaven. Just adds more realism to a game.

DeathMachine
Feb 5, 2006, 12:21 AM
Like the difference in Vhard, and Ultimate in PSO...when the light goes away, the darkness comes to stay

Zelutos
Feb 5, 2006, 12:31 AM
I'd love for it to snow on the less deserty planets during the winter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif And rain every couple of days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 03:40 AM
That'd add to the kick assery mood. You'd be fighting a huge boss in the rain, having the dramatic music play in the background. That'd be friggin awesome.

Atayin
Feb 5, 2006, 05:18 AM
On 2006-02-04 17:13, therealAERO wrote:

It Super Effective.

Ethan faints

Hahaha. Oh no, you're kidding me. If Ethan is a pokemon, who is his trainer person?

Or.. Are we ALL just pokemon in life? Who are OUR trainer persons?

I see, now AERO. How incredibly deep. Your philisophical post has confounded me. I must now go meditate over it's irrefutable complexities.

Ennie
Feb 5, 2006, 05:18 AM
That sounds like a really nice idea... I always liked weather effects in games and the rain in Forest 2 is one of the reasons why I like that area more than others.
Come to think of it there is a possibility that this is implemented in the game, since Sonic Team have added changing weather also in their current next-gen Sonic game, so we can hope they do it for PSU, too. n_n

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 06:01 AM
On 2006-02-05 02:18, Atayin wrote:

On 2006-02-04 17:13, therealAERO wrote:

It Super Effective.

Ethan faints

Hahaha. Oh no, you're kidding me. If Ethan is a pokemon, who is his trainer person?

Or.. Are we ALL just pokemon in life? Who are OUR trainer persons?

I see, now AERO. How incredibly deep. Your philisophical post has confounded me. I must now go meditate over it's irrefutable complexities.

Friggin Emo...everyone knows Ethan is Karen's bi---, lol

EDIT: Sorry, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.
Weapon effecting would be pretty awesome. That'd be the only time I'd wanta thunderstorm, lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-02-05 05:33 ]</font>

EJ
Feb 5, 2006, 06:30 AM
ok to stay on topic, weather would be a nice touch and it can affect weapons and your status such as speed and your fighting.

DizzyDi
Feb 5, 2006, 12:08 PM
Weather would be a cool idea but I doubt they would go so far as to have it affect your weapons and whatnot. They could do it like FFXI and have a week system along with weather. There'd be a lightsday, firesday, windsday, etc. the spells corresponding to that day would be stronger and the opposing spells would be weaker. Monster would be affected by the weather and day too...Seems like a good idea. Again, I doubt they'd do that too. They might just add weather purely for the aesthics(sp?) and make it have no affect on anything, I think that'd be the best way to go.

Blitzkommando
Feb 5, 2006, 12:37 PM
Ethan has hit an ice patch.

Ethan has fallen down the side of the cliff into the bottomless pit of dispair.

GAME OVER
PRESS START TO CONTINUE

Ice patches are the new Ob Lily?

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 03:38 PM
And who was that about platform ideas being in an RPG? Thats a platform scenario if I ever heard one. Its funny, but, still. Ice patches would be bad here. Ironically, I love ice scenes. Go figure.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 04:10 PM
Platforming+RPG does not a good game make!
Remember FFX2? You bet your ass you don't! O_O. God that game sucked...anyways...
I don't think that they can do the spell day thing(windsday, firesday) because it'd sound way too much like FFXI, and they'd probably stumble into some legal troubles, -_-.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:32 PM
Please, lets just keep the 2 series separate. One shouldnt copy the other & for the most part, we'll be happy, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif FF should stay offline & be more like how the older games were. What made them hits should carry over to XII. As for PSU...if it brings what made PSO popular & combine it with old PS goodness, I think we'll be happy here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 11:03 PM
i think this idea with weather would be insane. that would be so cool if theyre wouuld be weather change. Id be new. Id like to see this.

DizzyDi
Feb 5, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-02-05 13:10, Tystys wrote:
Remember FFX2? You bet your ass you don't! O_O. God that game sucked...anyways...
I don't think that they can do the spell day thing(windsday, firesday) because it'd sound way too much like FFXI, and they'd probably stumble into some legal troubles, -_-.

NOT IN ALL CASES. Platforming+RPG could = fun sometimes. Anyone every play Xenogears? That game had small platforming here and there and it worked. There are a few others, I just can't think of them off the top of my head...Well ZELDA. That is an RPG to an extent, an action-rpg if you wanna get technical about it. What else? Theres others out there.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 11:58 PM
Even something small like leaves growing in or falling during various seasons would be nice. Small touches like that would really add to the environment. It doesnt have to be outright drastic weather. The lil things really add detail & pull you in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheWildJoker
Feb 6, 2006, 12:16 AM
storms would be hot. imagine storms in the levels and lobbies how hot would that be?

Atayin
Feb 6, 2006, 07:21 AM
I really liked the platforming in Xenogears, but the game also had a turn based battle system. If we had to incorporate jumping around like crazy people during a fight, the combos would probably get more complicated and ... well I think it may just be rediculous.

I always used to wonder what PSO would have been like with a jump, though.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about them messing up on is the battle system. I see a lot of fancy moves, sure.. they LOOK cool, but is the gameplay smooth and easy to control? I'm sure it is, but that's the only thing I could imagine really being messed up, here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-06 04:23 ]</font>

Kannon
Feb 6, 2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah storms I love what the do to the atomosphere
in a game and real life.

I did like the Dam in the Central Control Area
and Gal Gri... The big bird horse fight and area.

Imagine what a wheather change could have done for PSO.
Imagine going through The Temple and the sunset
gradually fades away and a severe storm rolls in
with heavy rain, wind, thunder and lightining.

I think Sonic team wanted to add Wheather effects but...
Look at forest 1 to forest 2, Temple alpha to beta
Amazing atomosphere can be added with weather...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kannon on 2006-02-06 10:53 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 6, 2006, 06:22 PM
The closest thing we'll have to jumping is a PA for a spear type weapon, -_-.

DamonKatu
Feb 8, 2006, 12:17 PM
On 2006-02-05 20:09, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2006-02-05 13:10, Tystys wrote:

NOT IN ALL CASES. Platforming+RPG could = fun sometimes. Anyone every play Xenogears? That game had small platforming here and there and it worked. There are a few others, I just can't think of them off the top of my head...Well ZELDA. That is an RPG to an extent, an action-rpg if you wanna get technical about it. What else? Theres others out there.

You have a point sence Zelda dose adopt some of those rules...

HatMaster
Feb 8, 2006, 02:42 PM
Weather would be pretty sweet. Especially rain or snow, if only because it would allow my hat to have more versatility. One weather type I would like to see is fog. Can you imagine really thick fog on an empty plain? You know some giant boss is out there but you can't see more than a few feet in front of you. Then, suddenly, the battle music kicks in and out of nowhere a ball of fire comes hurtling at you. That'd be sweet.

Oh, and on a side note, an RPG the combines platforming and totally rocks...Kingdom Hearts anybody?

NightHour13
Feb 8, 2006, 11:27 PM
Imagine severe whether storms such as Brush Fire's, earth quakes, hurricanes and the good ol' tidal wave? Hah they already had SEED meteor showers, might as well add these in!

Hah just kidding, i don think they want to get apocatalyptic here. Imagine leveling up and a tidal wave comes and swamps the area you were leveling in...

littleman2347
Feb 9, 2006, 07:10 AM
And ur surfing it. weeeeeeeeeeeee

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 11:50 AM
Break out the Flowders!

Kano-Okami
Feb 9, 2006, 12:26 PM
On 2006-02-08 11:42, HatMaster wrote:
Weather would be pretty sweet. Especially rain or snow, if only because it would allow my hat to have more versatility. One weather type I would like to see is fog. Can you imagine really thick fog on an empty plain? You know some giant boss is out there but you can't see more than a few feet in front of you. Then, suddenly, the battle music kicks in and out of nowhere a ball of fire comes hurtling at you. That'd be sweet.

Oh, and on a side note, an RPG the combines platforming and totally rocks...Kingdom Hearts anybody?

Ever play Monster Hunter? it has quite a few moments like that. I just wish it had an active weather though, the game had set weather conditions for each area, no variations. If PSU has weather, I hope it'd change it up a bit..even its suttle as a light haze or heavy as a tropical storm. Heck, it even gives a chance for special weapons to change efficiency with the weather.
rain= Lightning Saber damage x2?

vox3om
Feb 9, 2006, 01:04 PM
This might sound stupid...but I think it would be cool if somehow they could sincronize the game with a common city. I guess in JP would still be cool. But somehow link it to weatherchannel or something and have the weather be the same that it is actually in that city...

irun4fundou
Feb 9, 2006, 02:26 PM
I like the idea of a sort of random weather system. Weather can go a long way in affecting the mood of a game. Look at console games like Shadow of the Colossus, and it's predecessor, ICO.

I see the weather system taking a bigger role in the offline single player game. Sonic Team could better use a weather system to affect key moments in the story.

Battling a boss online during a freak lightning storm would be amazing though. The idea of weather affecting the environment is interesting too. Like someone said, a flood coming through, it could hinder your adventure through the level and you'd have to find another route.

If they bring back something like Mother Brain from Phantasy Star 2 they'd at least have a good reason to have a weather system http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 03:18 PM
Actually, I think Moatoob had a similar environmental shift, as Motavia once did. Makes you wonder with so many similarities to the original 3 planets, why the game just doesnt take place in Algol?

DeathMachine
Feb 9, 2006, 11:39 PM
Didn't the CCA have fog in the main area? Not that it had any effects on the radar or weapons. Think Onma Gog in thick fog...at NIGHT! Your experience would shoot through the roof if you won (due to the difficulty).

OdinTyler
Feb 10, 2006, 11:16 AM
Well, heres something that hasnt been done before in a city: dustclouds. In the new trailer video, you see a city in Moatoob (probably Dagora City), where dust clouds are close to the ground. Really brings out the atmosphere. If we see such things all over, the game is going to have REAL ambience. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tystys
Feb 10, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-02-09 09:26, Kano-Okami wrote:

On 2006-02-08 11:42, HatMaster wrote:

Ever play Monster Hunter? it has quite a few moments like that. I just wish it had an active weather though, the game had set weather conditions for each area, no variations. If PSU has weather, I hope it'd change it up a bit..even its suttle as a light haze or heavy as a tropical storm. Heck, it even gives a chance for special weapons to change efficiency with the weather.
rain= Lightning Saber damage x2?

Monster Hunter is like PSO in some ways. But, I think that the whole elemental thing will give a bit of an unfair advantage...I mean in PVP. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there's a battle mode for PSU. Having weather shifts would make most matches a bit one sided, -_-

_Tek_
Feb 10, 2006, 09:54 PM
Something as simple as day and night would rotation would be great. (like GTA, or Z-OoT), but quicker of course, so can enjoy both day and night at any time during the day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2006-02-10 19:09 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 10, 2006, 11:36 PM
Day & night wouldnt be bad. I dont wanna wait til Ultimate just to see the sun set like it did in the Forest. Thats a hell of a long day. What is that, Antarctica?

Tystys
Feb 11, 2006, 01:10 AM
The sun sets in Ultimate mode? Wtf? lol

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 10:01 AM
Uh, you didnt notice that in Ultimate Forest? Its daytime during other Forest runs, but, in Ultimate, you see the sun is setting. It doesnt actually set, but, it appears to be in the process of. You never noticed? Thats the FIRST thing I noticed when I FIRST played Ultimate!

Tystys
Feb 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
I'm lvl 75, O_O

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 12:21 PM
Wow, so youve never seen Ultimate? LOL Youre in for ALOT of shocking news when you hit 80! The sun that appears to set but doesnt actually set is in the Forest. But, theres alot more surprises waiting on ya. Oh & Im just warning you now...the Caves WILL scare you...

Tystys
Feb 11, 2006, 12:22 PM
Oh noes!

OdinTyler
Feb 11, 2006, 12:23 PM
Oh yes...es. LOL Whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Youll see. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!