PDA

View Full Version : Cunfused about a few things...

Fredrick
Feb 5, 2006, 10:32 AM
First of all... Whats with the team system? Do you have to approve someone before they can come in? So doesnt that mean random people wont be able to join after you start?

Also is it ONLY quests/ missions?... Or can you just go to whatever area you want like in PSO?

And do we know yet how techs work? Before people were saying you might have to have specific weapons equiped to use specific techs...

If ANY of those things are true, im going to be really upset.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:53 AM
1. We dont know if the team system is applied to PSU as it was to PSO:BB. Besides, you dont have to play with team members. You can play with anyone. No one said limits.

2. Yes, you can explore areas, not just in quests. Being that the game is more story based, I guess there will be alot of quests around.

3. So far, techs are only put on weapons. Doesnt mean that theyre not usable otherwise. Its just all we know for now.

I wouldnt get worked up over this. Im sure it will work out fine.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 04:12 PM
The whole "techs on weapons" thing sounds like a bad idea, O_O. I don't wanta to carry around a weapon just so I can heal myself!

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 5, 2006, 06:34 PM
Maybe weapons will have particular tech skills, Hmmm..

For example.

"Fire Blade" - Gives user ability to use level 15 Foie skills and level 5 Resta and support skills.

Or maybe, weapons will just, i don't know.
it's hard to say.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 06:36 PM
What I meant is that if Techs are solely given by weapons, then making a FO will seem retarded, lol

DizzyDi
Feb 5, 2006, 06:41 PM
Uhm...Correct me if I'm wrong someone but I think they way they're doing techs is that you equip what spells you want to weapons. Normal weapons will be able to hold 2 techs while Force type weapons can hold 4, I think. You yourself decide what spells you equip to what weapons. I don't like the system that much myself but I'm sure that we'll all get used to it eventually. S'not like we have a choice not to anyway.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:30 PM
Im still guessing there will be something that hasnt been revealed yet to warrant someone playing as a Force. Being a Force isnt just about support & as casters, they have the right to shine. Simply delegating techs to weps without some bonus for playing as a Force-type seems wrong to me. Im sure theyll get something for it.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 10:35 PM
I want FO weapons to look cooler, that stick Ethan was using in the trailers just doesn't look all that cool to run around with.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:38 PM
If you mean the staff, believe me, its good. The damage was ok, but, hes not exactly a Force so its not as great for him. However, it having at least 2 techs on it, its good for a boss fight. The demo allowed you to use the staff with Gifoie & Resta on it. Using the right wep at the right time will help determine how quickly or easily you make it through a given area. If youre going to use long-reach weps tho, use his sword. However, he swings it slowly, so give yourself some reach room when using it.

_Tek_
Feb 5, 2006, 11:26 PM
You may get several techs on a single magic weapons I'm sure. Also, is anyone going to do the FOcast challenge?

And by teams, do you mean the system from BB, or just gathering teams as in going on a quest? I don't know.

Does anyone know if it will be like PSO, where people can just join a game, or will they be closed once they begin?

Yummi
Feb 5, 2006, 11:45 PM
Im not worried so much about how many spells you can use per weapon as I am about the charges of the weapon. A Beast using force-type to level, shouldn't be able to cast more magic than a Newman using force-type to level. Even if the Newmans techniques are more affective in my mind they should be able to cast more and stronger.

There are no limitations on having more HP and better defense if you will be able to buy/find a weapon that lets you cast just as much as a Newman or a Human. they will have to do something to greatly compensate Newmans, and make an appropriate balance associated to the races thereafter concerning magic. If they choose to severely reduce the Newmans usage of PP on the weapon when a spell is casted, or give Newmans substantially more PP on weapons i'lll be fine with it.

Seeing as there seems to be no TP bar right now it's just looking pretty bleek. I hope they go further into the technique system and it's the various types this friday on the update.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 11:49 PM
1. Well, if by teams we mean groups, its been shown you can freely roam the city or even in your room, in a group. So, thats a plus.

2. As I said, Im sure there will be some plus to being a Force. Maybe theyre allowed more PP on their weps. Maybe they can cast without always needing a Hou. Maybe they get access to certain abilities that other types wouldnt. Im sure we'll all speculate for months onward, but, as a Force player, I know that we wont get hung out like this.

3. I too am looking foward to meeting Cast Forces & maybe even Newman rangers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tkinc
Feb 6, 2006, 03:19 PM
Resta may be equippable on any weapon- since it is a very useful technique- however it might be like some said before- that you'll have to have a 'mage' weapon in order to use ANY tech - which would suck- but hey- SEGA knows what they are doing- so it will most probably work for the better

DizzyDi
Feb 6, 2006, 04:02 PM
On 2006-02-05 20:45, Yummi wrote:
Im not worried so much about how many spells you can use per weapon as I am about the charges of the weapon. A Beast using force-type to level, shouldn't be able to cast more magic than a Newman using force-type to level. Even if the Newmans techniques are more affective in my mind they should be able to cast more and stronger.

There are no limitations on having more HP and better defense if you will be able to buy/find a weapon that lets you cast just as much as a Newman or a Human. they will have to do something to greatly compensate Newmans, and make an appropriate balance associated to the races thereafter concerning magic. If they choose to severely reduce the Newmans usage of PP on the weapon when a spell is casted, or give Newmans substantially more PP on weapons i'lll be fine with it.

Seeing as there seems to be no TP bar right now it's just looking pretty bleek. I hope they go further into the technique system and it's the various types this friday on the update.

TP is replaced by PP now, right? Just like when using weapon specialties it takes up PP, so by that train of thought, using spells on weapons will also take up PP. I think if you watch one of the videos it confirms this.

Tystys
Feb 6, 2006, 06:17 PM
I'm thinking TP is still used for magic, because I was reading a guide about Photon Arts, and it said PP determined whether or not you could use Photon Arts.

littleman2347
Feb 6, 2006, 09:27 PM
It seams that you will equip tech to weps read closly to the info.

Blobmiester
Feb 8, 2006, 10:33 AM
Actually, from the way i understand it, Techs ARE photon arts.

Given that, we can assume that(seeing as how PA level up with use) techs will level up with use. So if your a newman shooting all the time...well your techs wont get better.

The main difference i see between a "beast" force, and a "newman" force, is that a newman might start with a lot more mst, maybe making him/her have more pp on a hou(just a thought, not confirmed), and also maybe her/his techs start at a higher level.

Genoa
Feb 8, 2006, 10:41 AM
Maybe ... you have the ability to learn techs... BUT, the techs on weapons are amplified? Or... lower energy cost? I don't know... But if you had to soley rely on your weapon for your techniques... it would be hard for the tech users to multitask... >_>

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 11:25 AM
Well, it has been said that both Photon Arts & techs would improve. Not just from usage but also in leveling up. Idk how theyd level up yet. I do know that its not necessarily techs are photon arts (tho photons are in the world) as much as photon arts are a specific ability aside from techs. Maybe they could be a combination of 2 or more techs or draw from the innate abilities of each race.

Rain_1
Feb 8, 2006, 03:08 PM
Could be something like, your class allows you to learn the spell.

Ok, your character learns a spell.. right? right..

But can he use it? Maybe..

I'm thinking forces can use it no matter what, newearls can use some of it, and humans can use almost none of it (maybe just resta)...

Then you attadck with your weapon.. correct?
Then you can attach the spells you already know to said weapon, to enhance it attack..

So, instead of having to hunt down a Hell Varista or a Freeze Bazooka, you just assign megid or barta to your weapon and each attack you do will be powered up by that particular spell.

I'd also like to think that casting spells uses more TP than attaching them to a weapon (or maybe the weapon specials don't use TP at all, only PP).

Imagine a healing spread needle.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And yeah, obviously forces gain something by being forces.. first of all, they can assign 4 spells to their weapons.. second of all.. well.. they're forces.. their attacks will prolly be more powerful.
(so a human has dim handgun, newearl has dark and force has hell?)

The possibilities are endless... and i don't see what's the problem with humans (mainly Ethan, as he's the one we've seen the most using spells with canes) having to use a.. sorcery (for the lack of a better term) weapon to cast a spell.. it's not like they're... uhh.. you know... forces... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NightHour13
Feb 8, 2006, 04:05 PM
Now this is just pure speculation, but an educated guess nonetheless.

From what I played at the manhatten demo, a specific 2 spells were assigned to this staff that Ethan had. One looked like GiFoie and the other was of course Resta. This isnt anything you havn't heard before, so where am I going with this...

From what I see, you level up your specific skill area by aquiring award points from missions/quests etc. Now, these specific skill area's are what enable a player to use certain amount of tech's, and also increase learned techs power and duration perhaps.

But NightHour13, YOUR REPEATING WHAT THEY SAID!

Ahh but here is the summary: The higher your level in the skill area of Force, the more techs you can learn thus the more powerfull already learned techs become.

Everyone is talking as if there is a set force class, as if they are confined to beeing just that. In reality, some one who is a 100% force would be some one who level up only in the area of force. Essentially this would make them a "Force" and their tech's would be more vast and powerfull then some one who was 50% Hunter and 50% Force. The 100% force would have access to learning skills a lower level or split force would not. The speed and power of a higher level force skilled player would vary from race to race, that is where your judgement of play style comes in.

As far as techniques go, from what i see you "stick" them to certain staff weapons, such as wands and staffs and even bow and arrows. From what I played, each technique actually varies from weapon to weapon. Yes, that means a Foie tech on a bow might be some flaming arrow whereas a Foie on a staff might just shoot a fire ball out.

On a side note, there is no evidence that i have seen where you can "stick" a tech to any other weapon aside from force specific weapons such as staff's and wands.

All in all, no one should worry! Switching from weapon to weapon is as fast as your fingers can press the buttons on a remote, so having a nice aresenal of tech's will be accessable. This also brings some strategy into the game (even moreso) because you'll have to bring a limited amount of weapons (to save time from switching) so you'll have to know your enemy better then ever! This is especialy exciting to me because im an organized fighter, it'll be awesome to see forces who are extremely wise in the knowledge of monster weaknesses (imagine those who know the weakness of ALL of the monsters out there, praytell there will be many many many of them!)

***Edit***

To add on to this extremly long post, Photon Art's are techniques of their own, applicable to every weapon including staffs and force weapons. Yes, every weapon will have special photon arts, perhaps even more then one. How these are triggered, i'v yet to find out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NightHour13 on 2006-02-08 13:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NightHour13 on 2006-02-08 13:10 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 05:27 PM
This is what Ive been trying to tell ppl. There arent classes & its even been revealed as such. There are types. Your play style is your type. You advance what you want to advance. You class yourself, but, arent defined by a class. I'm glad you agree, NH cause I agree with you. Pure Force types would be the best casters, just as pure Hunter or Ranger types would be the best in their categories.