PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think theyll add a mike to..

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 05:13 PM
Hey, im a really big phantasy star online fan, i had all the games, and i cant wait till psu comes out but does anyone think theyll add a mike to the game instead of typing on a keyboard? i mean wouldnt it be easier to communicate with players whill in battle?

Polly
Feb 5, 2006, 05:21 PM
It might not be supported directly in the game but there are a lot of decent third-party programs for your computer that'll allow you to voice chat with others while playing the game.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 06:21 PM
They're actually still thinking about inputting that into the game. That's probably one of the reason they've delayed it, -_-.

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 06:25 PM
thad be awsome, the thing that sucks is the delay.

DizzyDi
Feb 5, 2006, 06:38 PM
I srsly hope they don't add microphone support into the game. Have you ever played ANY game on xbox live? Its friggen horrible. People throwing out racial slurs, kids blasting music, people putting whining little babies up to the mic. Do you really want the kinda environment in lobbies? I sure as heck don't. 'Sides, I think if PSU was gunna support microphones they woulda announced it by now. Text chat is enough, kthx.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 06:40 PM
I said they were "thinking" about implementing it. Dun get your panties up in a bunch, lol

DizzyDi
Feb 5, 2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif How'd you know I cross dress? MY DIRTY SECRET IS OUT!

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 06:44 PM
O_O....
I FEEL VIOLATED!

Eihwaz
Feb 5, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-02-05 15:38, DizzyDi wrote:
I srsly hope they don't add microphone support into the game. Have you ever played ANY game on xbox live? Its friggen horrible. People throwing out racial slurs, kids blasting music, people putting whining little babies up to the mic. Do you really want the kinda environment in lobbies? I sure as heck don't. 'Sides, I think if PSU was gunna support microphones they woulda announced it by now. Text chat is enough, kthx.

Quoted for truth. >_>;

Uncle_bob
Feb 5, 2006, 07:09 PM
Mike support? God, please no. Nothing sickens me more than voice chat. I really don't want to listen to a bunch of pot-heads and pre-pubescent selfproclaimed "emos" blasting shitty rock, making annoying and tasteless comments, calling everyone a fag, and just being hell-bent on being an asshole to everyone.

Voice chat is a good IDEA. But put into real use, it's a horrible creation that causes everyone nothing but misery.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 08:26 PM
If done correctly, they could probably make it worth our while.

F-o-x
Feb 5, 2006, 08:45 PM
I'm torn...

On 2006-02-05 15:38, DizzyDi wrote:
I srsly hope they don't add microphone support into the game. Have you ever played ANY game on xbox live? ect...

Yeah I play Halo 2 a lot and I run into all kinds of idiots. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that in PSU.

Yet playing BB recently reminded me of all those years playing PSO with a keyboard... Having to take one or both of your hands off your controller to type (especially in battle) is irritating.
Voice chat could really help the game, but it'd all be in the implementation. Perhaps if it were only useable in battle... then perhaps it would be okay. Thats the only real time you'd need it anyway.

Calibur
Feb 5, 2006, 10:05 PM
with a player mute option, why not...

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 10:13 PM
yea that is true guys but id be so much easier to communicate. as easy as peopple talk garbage on the mike people can also type it . think on the positive side. Id be easier to communicate with eachother altho now i dout theyd have it because of how manny peopple will have the game. You wont know whos talking. i think they should put voice only in playable rooms were u can talk 2 ur friends or in your room. thats what i think.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 10:21 PM
I also think that a mic would be kick ass because you can actually have the ability to tell your freinds to watch out with out having to learn how to type so damn quick, lol

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:24 PM
On 2006-02-05 16:09, Uncle_bob wrote:
Mike support? God, please no. Nothing sickens me more than voice chat. I really don't want to listen to a bunch of pot-heads and pre-pubescent selfproclaimed "emos" blasting shitty rock, making annoying and tasteless comments, calling everyone a fag, and just being hell-bent on being an asshole to everyone.

Voice chat is a good IDEA. But put into real use, it's a horrible creation that causes everyone nothing but misery.

LOL You speak the truth. However, mic chat would be a great addition for PSU. I didnt play on Xbox so Idk how it worked there. If it were limited to groups only or even anyone in your room, that would work fine. Of course, if someone became a hassle, you could always Mute ppl individually. Keeping it to just groups can cut down on lag & reduce the chance of running into things you dont wanna hear. I just hope that if mics are included, that its not JUST on the PC version. Id love to play an online RPG with a mic for once. If I dont get it, at least I have my kb, thank God.

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 10:37 PM
I highly doubt that they'd only allow it on the computer, because PS2 has many online games that allow you to use the mic.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 10:40 PM
I know, but, its possible. Ppl here have mentioned that even if theres no voicechat, PC users can still use at least 2 programs to 'cheat' (its not really cheating, just me being upset that they get that & we dont http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) & use voice chat anyway. So, I pray its universal. Id love to finally do a voice chat game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 10:47 PM
LOL You speak the truth. However, mic chat would be a great addition for PSU. I didnt play on Xbox so Idk how it worked there. If it were limited to groups only or even anyone in your room, that would work fine. Of course, if someone became a hassle, you could always Mute ppl individually. Keeping it to just groups can cut down on lag & reduce the chance of running into things you dont wanna hear. I just hope that if mics are included, that its not JUST on the PC version. Id love to play an online RPG with a mic for once. If I dont get it, at least I have my kb, thank God.

i deffinantly agree with this and it would be easier to say watch out with out typin so fast . i remmeber in PSO id have 2 stop just 2 type and by then id be dead. it got annoyn sometimes. i think the mike would be a great addition to PSU.

Kano-Okami
Feb 5, 2006, 10:58 PM
well, low tech ps2 users could always try the old fashion way to communicate with close teammates; Using the telephone. I tried it for a few hilarious times with a few of my close friends. Its not as bad as you think if your using a speaker prehensile and talking to friends, although I'd be weary of who I'd give my number out to.

DizzyDi
Feb 5, 2006, 10:58 PM
Now that I think about it. Voice chat is pretty much out 100%. You can change your character's voice during character customization, right? So why would they add voice chat if you character has a voice pitch thingy. That'd be kinda redundant. You have a beast with a super deep voice and then you turn on the mic and your squeeky barely hitting purberty voice comes on. Doesn't make much sense to me. So I think that should end the speculation entirely about weather they'll add voice chat or not...At least I hope. No matter how yous guys turn it, voice chat is just not a good idear, IMO. Like someone said before me, it looks good on paper but it just doesn't work out like that.

Edit: 100th post, suckas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2006-02-05 20:00 ]</font>

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 11:01 PM
well, low tech ps2 users could always try the old fashion way to communicate with close teammates; Using the telephone. I tried it for a few hilarious times with a few of my close friends. Its not as bad as you think if your using a speaker prehensile and talking to friends, although I'd be weary of who I'd give my number out to.

LOL

Yummi
Feb 5, 2006, 11:22 PM
Certain games draw a certain audience, when you pit them against each other in a FPS you will see there are more jerks. There will be racist/sexist/retarded jerks regardless what game you play and can harass you by spamming slurs or music lyrics through typing or microphone. I think if they add microphone support the voice feature should be heard in 'party' only. On/off the ship, and In and out of your room... just those in your party can hear what you say that way if someones making you uncomfortable you can just ungroup and never party with them again.

I hope they add support for it on ps2, if not i'll just play with the keyboard-controller hybrid instead of controller.

TheWildJoker
Feb 5, 2006, 11:31 PM
Certain games draw a certain audience, when you pit them against each other in a FPS you will see there are more jerks. There will be racist/sexist/retarded jerks regardless what game you play and can harass you by spamming slurs or music lyrics through typing or microphone. I think if they add microphone support the voice feature should be heard in 'party' only. On/off the ship, and In and out of your room... just those in your party can hear what you say that way if someones making you uncomfortable you can just ungroup and never party with them again.

thats what i was saying. thad be great if they do this.

OdinTyler
Feb 5, 2006, 11:51 PM
I think the selected voice for your char will only be battle grunts & maybe a few selected phrases like maybe saying one's name? Nah, I doubt it will do that. Still tho, they could work in voice chat. You do bring up a good point why it might not be in the game tho.

Genoa
Feb 6, 2006, 11:32 AM
OR how about, if you want to talk with a player using a mic, you have to have their card and you have the option on their card to have Mic on or off with that player. If you're with your friend and you're playing with a few other strangers, you can just talk to your buddy and ignore the other players. Beats having people type all that spanish and french and what not with their friend and you having no idea what they're saying... atleast you wouldn't be able to hear what the other players are saying. What you don't know doesn't hurt you, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OdinTyler
Feb 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
On 2006-02-06 08:32, MegamanX wrote:
OR how about, if you want to talk with a player using a mic, you have to have their card and you have the option on their card to have Mic on or off with that player. If you're with your friend and you're playing with a few other strangers, you can just talk to your buddy and ignore the other players. Beats having people type all that spanish and french and what not with their friend and you having no idea what they're saying... atleast you wouldn't be able to hear what the other players are saying. What you don't know doesn't hurt you, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I guess so. We're pretty much in agreement that it should be kept to within groups, right? I mean thats what makes the most sense. Those you know youd naturally wanna VC with if you can.

Tystys
Feb 6, 2006, 06:23 PM
VC?

Xero_Silvera
Feb 6, 2006, 09:48 PM
Mics being useful or not depends on the players, obviously. The age group and type of person who plays are the two main factors.. on Counterstrike, aside from a few exceptional servers.. most servers ban people who spam, who have annoying voices or who dont use their mics properly. If you can mute people, it'd have the same effect: a bunch of pretty cool people having fun and using one of the greatest tools for online gameplay.

Dre_o
Feb 6, 2006, 09:54 PM
Xero says it very well. As long as we can mute the freaking idiots, or BAN them, mics are good. Namingly cause I LOVE XBox live.

Tystys
Feb 6, 2006, 10:20 PM
Maybe we can try to kick people off our group if they're being dumbasses, lol

OdinTyler
Feb 6, 2006, 10:33 PM
On 2006-02-06 18:54, Dre_o wrote:
Xero says it very well. As long as we can mute the freaking idiots, or BAN them, mics are good. Namingly cause I LOVE XBox live.

Hey, I think I said it well too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DeathMachine
Feb 7, 2006, 10:17 PM
Anybody see "It came from XBox Live"? That sort o' stuff makes me avoid VC like the Plauge... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tystys
Feb 7, 2006, 10:50 PM
XPLAY FTW

Genoa
Feb 8, 2006, 10:15 AM
It's the same arguement with almost any outer connection with other people. "Myspace is bad, look at all these bad people and bad comments, Myspace should be banned! It causes to many problems" >_> well that's because there are bad people in the world >_> *gasp* who would have thought that it's not guns that kill people, people kill people! =0
Connecting live over the internet via Mic... would only be "bad" if you're playing with "bad" people.... thus, the ability to mute would elminate the "bad" and give you the service you desire to have.

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 11:28 AM
Well said. Its all in how its used & how you view it. Mic usage, chat, any form of communication is good. It just matters whether you use it for the purpose intended or exploitation. Remove yourself from those that exploit it in such negative ways & its not so bad.

DamonKatu
Feb 8, 2006, 12:25 PM
On 2006-02-05 15:44, DizzyDi wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif How'd you know I cross dress? MY DIRTY SECRET IS OUT!

(Kafie falls over dead)
DK: OH MY GOD, THEY KILLED KAFIE!!!*And now everyone*

*!!YOU BASTERD!!*

MXdude
Feb 8, 2006, 03:43 PM
voice chat is good and all when you play with friends. Other then that, its pretty bad. Like many people have already said people are usually asses. I hope psu sticks to text chat only. I actually like text chat more, i dont know why. I think it just adds like a different style to the game. Meh idk i just like it more lol.