PDA

View Full Version : Net Cash Cards

GaijinPUnch
Feb 5, 2006, 06:28 PM
I am taking a trip to Japan next week. While there, I will be able to pick up Net Cash cards for those that are wanting to import and play the JP version online.

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if there will or will not be IP filtering of sorts to keep people out of the Japanese region from playing the game online. At the moment, it's assumed not. Your buying these cards at your own risk. There are absolutely zero refunds for any reason. If Sega blocks foreign countries from playing, then you are screwed (along w/ me, unfortuantely).

How to order: For the moment, PM me. I'm not sure how big inboxes can get here (anyone?). Until it fills up, PMs will suffice. I will need to have payment before I buy the cards.

Cards come in 3 sizes: 1000, 3000, and 5000 credits. Prices are $11, $31, and $51 USD via paypal respectively. The extra is to take care of paypal fees, foreign exchange fees, and a bit for my time.

EDIT: Money Orders will be fine as well, although I prefer not to use them. It takes me forever to actually deposit them, but there's no way I will punish people that are smart enough refuse to use Paypal.

At the moment, I'm planning to send a high-res image of cards purchased by the users. This is essentially the same as having the card. If you want the actual card, I'm sure we can work out something.

Can you get more? I will only be in Japan for about 10 days, and to be honest, I've usually got a pretty busy schedule when I go back. After I come back to the island, I'll still be able to get cards, but there will be quite a long wait. I have to pay someone to go to the convenience store, pick them up, and then post them. It can happen, but if your HL (or whatever they'll be calling it) runs out, you might be offline for a while.

I'm looking for the price structure of online pay. It seems to NOT be in 1000 yen increments. I believe it's 1200 for the first month, and 1050 for each remainder. If someone has a link w/ info, please post it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-02-05 20:24 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 06:32 PM
Sounds like an awesome offer...hmm...
Gonna have to give me some time to think about it, O_O

Nash
Feb 5, 2006, 06:54 PM
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/networkguide/

From this page, it seems you have the choice of an automatic credit-card charge of 1050 yen or you pay in periods of 30 days at a time using Net Cash for 1260 yen.

Unless I'm reading the translation wrong I think the original Magic Box article got it wrong, the different charge for the first month did seem strange to me. Unfortunately this means 4 months would come to 5040 yen, so you'd only get 3 months out of the 5000 yen card http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So the best options would seem to be:

3000 card for 2 months
3000 + 1000 cards for 3 months
5000 + 3000 cards for 6 months

GaijinPUnch
Feb 5, 2006, 08:51 PM
You are right. The translation is good.
1050 is only for a recurring credit card charge, and 1260 for Net Cash.

katera
Feb 5, 2006, 08:55 PM
Wow, such a kind offer... I'd love that, and I do have enough money now. :] But I'm honestly not sure how I'd pay you myself.. T_T; I'd even pay extra.

It's sort of complex... Hm?

Tystys
Feb 5, 2006, 09:00 PM
First, I need to get me an import, lol

Parn
Feb 5, 2006, 10:03 PM
Is there an alternate method of sending you money? I closed my Paypal account a long time ago.

GaijinPUnch
Feb 5, 2006, 11:22 PM
Yes -- money orders are fine. Just PM me and I'll give out an address it can be mailed to.

_Tek_
Feb 5, 2006, 11:28 PM
So these cards are a special promotion that lets you get subsciptions on PSU for lesser price?

GaijinPUnch
Feb 6, 2006, 04:52 AM
No. These cards are apparently the only way you can play the Japanese version of the game online without a Japanese credit card.

Lovejuice
Feb 6, 2006, 06:23 AM
You are an extremely wonderful person! Look out for my thing soonly!

Are you requiring payment and confirmation prior to you leaving for the islands of Japan? Or, do you plan to also take 'orders', as it were, once you're actually there, too? I'm just curious, as your dates of travel may possibly coincide with my (and perhaps other's as we approach the end of the month) paycheck dates. If not - then no worries.

RyuuHokori
Feb 6, 2006, 01:58 PM
EDIT:

Hmm actually i'll have to think about this myself. You said you wouldnt mind money orders so, i might do that if you dont mind >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyuuHokori on 2006-02-06 11:02 ]</font>

GaijinPUnch
Feb 6, 2006, 06:21 PM
I will be in Japan until the 21st (Japan time). As long as I check my PMs here, I can get them anytime before this date. Obviously, the sooner the better, as I don't want to make multiple trips, but isn't really any skin off my back assuming the cards are avaialable in any Lawson.

littleman2347
Feb 6, 2006, 08:58 PM
what is the current yen(that is japanesse curency right)to USD ratio right now.

Cryo_
Feb 6, 2006, 10:43 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=JPY&to=USD&submit=Convert

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 7, 2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the offer, but have we looked at all of the options? Are we sure that there is no one in the US that sells the cards? Has anyone attempted to seriously search the cards on google or something? Just looking at the net cash site, it appears they're partnered with 7-11, so i may contact their corporate offices in the US to see if they'll sell the cards to us.

Just how many cards will you be purchasing? Just how much we order for you to pick up?

Do you have plans to return any time soon? Because we'll need to figure something out for a more permament answer if things are better with the game that we hope (english file included in the JP build, but just not active)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-02-06 22:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-02-06 23:44 ]</font>

littleman2347
Feb 7, 2006, 07:10 AM
Thanks CRYO

Inazuma
Feb 8, 2006, 05:03 PM
thx so much gaijin punch
ive sent you a pm

GaijinPUnch
Feb 9, 2006, 03:50 PM
Do you have plans to return any time soon? Because we'll need to figure something out for a more permament answer if things are better with the game that we hope (english file included in the JP build, but just not active)

I don't, but as stated in my intial post, I can probably get more -- there just might be a wait. I'm going to have to grease the wheels a bit and pay someone to basically do the legwork I'm doing on my vacation this time.

I've replied to all my PMs. Everyone that's PM'ed me thusfar should have my paypal address and everything. The way I will do this is I'm filtering the Paypal receipts. I will dig through them and decide how many cards I need to buy. Come back, scratch them off or whatever, take pics, and email them to each person.

For those that haven't paid via Paypal already: make sure you send payment for "Goods: Other" and that "no shipping address is required". If I anyone pulls some bullshit paypal scam on me (God knows how many there are) this party will be over very quickly. Please don't ruin it for everyone.

People sending money orders have also been given instructions.

Anymore questions... go ahead and ask!

GaijinPUnch
Feb 12, 2006, 04:07 PM
Okay, I went and bought one just to make sure it's what it was, and it is. I now have some credits in my Sega Link account. The downside is that anyone wanting a nice little card is in for a disappointment. There's not even any cards. They basically print the Net Cash number out on a piece of paper and hand it over. Oh, well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'll be getting the lot on Wednesday or Thursday.

GP

Inazuma
Feb 12, 2006, 06:19 PM
ok sweet, ill be looking forward to it. thx punch

Ryna
Feb 12, 2006, 06:20 PM
On 2006-02-12 13:07, GaijinPUnch wrote:
Okay, I went and bought one just to make sure it's what it was, and it is.

Would it be possible for you to post some brief instructions about how you enter your Net Cash Card information into Sega Link?

Saffran
Feb 12, 2006, 07:10 PM
How do we know if the regular credit card works or not? I have logged in Sega link but couldn't find any area whatsoever explaining how to purchase the Guardian License.

Ryna
Feb 12, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-02-12 16:10, Saffran wrote:
How do we know if the regular credit card works or not? I have logged in Sega link but couldn't find any area whatsoever explaining how to purchase the Guardian License.

At the moment, we don't know for sure that regular credit cards will work or not. However, based on the experiences people have had with previous Sega Link games, only JP credit cards were being accepted.

GaijinPUnch
Feb 15, 2006, 07:10 PM
Ryna:

Yes, I'll post instructions in a bit once I've sent the card info (later tonight, my schedule permitting). It's relatively easy if you can read the characters. The only thing is that there will be more steps once the game is released.

It works a lot like Japanese hunters licenses back on the DC/GC did.

Buy "Dreams" with either CC or Web Money, then buy an HL with the Dreams you have.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 15, 2006, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry, dreams? I don't remember anything like that on either v2 dricas HL or GC JP HL.

GaijinPUnch
Feb 16, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-02-15 17:46, Jonathan_F wrote:
I'm sorry, dreams? I don't remember anything like that on either v2 dricas HL or GC JP HL.

For the GC version, you had the option:
Look towards the bottom (https://charge.dricas.com/purchase_wa/pso/DCSPmenuN_PSO.cgi). Web Money is basically Net Cash. Credit Card, is what it seems like. Dreams, were money put into your Dricas account -- which you could buy with either Web Money or CC (maybe even QUO card). During the GC, you had to have a Dricas account to play online from what I remember. Looking here though (http://pso.dricas.ne.jp/pso_dricas.html) it seems it wasn't (or at least isn't) compulsory. That was a long ass time ago though.

Anyways, as for the Net Cash. Everyone that paid via Paypal (except for one person who has been informed) should have their numbers. I sent them via the email address paypal payments were registered to.

Two people have paid via money order. While they've likely arrived, I don't have them, so I will send the cards when I get home next week.

This was an extremely painful process. Each ticket is spit out of the machine 1 at a time (IE -- have to push a few buttons for each number) and have to be paid for, with cash, 1 at a time. I bought 21 cards... whole thing took like 30 minutes just to buy them, then I had to take the pictures. One thing worth noticoing, is that they come in 10,000 yen increments (why that info isn't on the website, I don't know) so I would suggest for people to get those in the future. Much easier on the poor sucker that does this for me next time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'll post instructions on how to insert the numbers a bit later tonight.

Ciao
GP

Niki
Feb 21, 2006, 10:39 PM
As of about 5 minutes ago, i just added 1600 yen to my SEGALink account thanks to NetCash [not actually a card, more like a cheque] purchased at Lawson. That is to say, as far as California is concerned, there is no IP filtering.

See you in Graal, whenever Sega decides to release the game.