PDA

View Full Version : do you even think theyll have secret weapons?

TheWildJoker
Feb 6, 2006, 07:59 PM
Hey do you even think they will have secret weapons in the game PSU? because in all the videos and pics i havent seen one secret weapon. theyre all the same and nothing is posted about theyre being secret weapons. I mean id love secret weapons to but do you think theyll add em?

katera
Feb 6, 2006, 08:04 PM
'Secret weapons'? I'm pretty sure you're talking about 'rare' weapons.

if so, there's a topic on rares already... "What rares would you like to see?"

And it's most likely they'll keep rares, I doubt that'd erase something like that.

In my opinion it's a 95% chance they'll have Rare Weps. (Providing thats what you're talking about).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: katera on 2006-02-06 17:06 ]</font>

Ryna
Feb 6, 2006, 08:09 PM
In this screenshot:
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/screen/universe_79.jpg

Sonic (the blue-haired) human says, "Aw... they don't have any rares for sale..." (EspioKaos translated that)

Also, we have seen concept art for some weaponry that hasn't been shown in any of the screenshots/videos yet.

Tystys
Feb 6, 2006, 08:36 PM
PSO was all about finding rares in later levels, I don't think they're going to take that away.

Tomeeboy
Feb 6, 2006, 08:42 PM
It will be interesting to see how the handle rares in the offline RPG mode. Most typical RPGs don't really have any kind of random item system with rares and you usually just upgrade equipment when you reach new areas.

TheWildJoker
Feb 6, 2006, 09:05 PM
In this screenshot:
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/screen/universe_79.jpg

Sonic (the blue-haired) human says, "Aw... they don't have any rares for sale..." (EspioKaos translated that)

Also, we have seen concept art for some weaponry that hasn't been shown in any of the screenshots/videos yet.

i didnt kno that thanks. i hope they do have rare weapons tho.the game wouldnt be all that if they dont add em.

Dre_o
Feb 6, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-02-06 18:05, TheWildJoker wrote:

i didnt kno that thanks. i hope they do have rare weapons tho.the game wouldnt be all that if they dont add em.

O.O....not to sound rude, but how dense are you? You quoted Ryna saying that Rares are pretty much guaranteed.....And we can depend on ST not being stupid enough not to add rares.

littleman2347
Feb 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
The reason you dont see any rares or many at all in the videos, is becasue the dont wanna give then away so they just use basic weps and low lvl char in videos.daaaaaa

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2006-02-06 18:19 ]</font>

Tystys
Feb 6, 2006, 10:21 PM
I guess that is why they're called rares, lol

Assmuffin
Feb 6, 2006, 11:18 PM
On 2006-02-06 19:21, Tystys wrote:
I guess that is why they're called rares, lol

Do you think they'll be uncommon?

OdinTyler
Feb 6, 2006, 11:47 PM
To ask if rares will be uncommon is like asking if meseta is the money in the game or will there be utility items like fluids again in the game? Its stuff we already know. Why would it be questioned? A more reasonable question would be: What rares exist that we know of & how do we classify them? Then, we'd proceed to try to discover their locations, drop rates, etc. You know, like before?

_Tek_
Feb 7, 2006, 12:50 AM
There are also a few piacture that show ethan carrying a some different swords, they are probably rares.

zofia
Feb 7, 2006, 07:30 PM
On 2006-02-06 18:19, littleman2347 wrote:
The reason you dont see any rares or many at all in the videos, is becasue the dont wanna give then away so they just use basic weps and low lvl char in videos.daaaaaa

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: littleman2347 on 2006-02-06 18:19 ]</font>

I think that's probably exactly it.

I remember back when the Perfect Guide came out for PSO on DC and they were only allowed to show a few rares (Double Saber, Technical Crozier, and some others) because ST wanted to keep most of them as surprises for people.

They're probably doing the same thing this time around, too.

Even more reason to NOT read the journals of importers when the JP version comes out, at least for me, since I want to be surprised.

Genoa
Feb 8, 2006, 10:36 AM
On 2006-02-06 18:12, Dre_o wrote:
O.O....not to sound rude, but how dense are you? You quoted Ryna saying that Rares are pretty much guaranteed.....And we can depend on ST not being stupid enough not to add rares.

El oh El! He made a funny >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2006-02-08 07:37 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 11:26 AM
Leave it to Dre to be even more sarcastic than me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif