PDA

View Full Version : What's with the new beast class for PSU? (sorry)

Rekitheforce
Feb 7, 2006, 08:25 PM
i was wondering what this beast class was and what stats this class comes with.

Tystys
Feb 7, 2006, 08:31 PM
Read the PSU guides.
Welcome to PSO world

Dre_o
Feb 7, 2006, 08:37 PM
In case you haven't read the above response:
Brute force. Melee combat.
And the Nanotrance. (or what ever it is)

ajenteks
Feb 7, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-02-07 17:25, Rekitheforce wrote:
i was wondering what this beast class was and what stats this class comes with.

They're basically strong furries. I bet they smell funny, too.

OdinTyler
Feb 7, 2006, 11:04 PM
Maybe they started nanoblasting cause they got sick of bad comments like that towards them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DamonKatu
Feb 8, 2006, 12:20 PM
On 2006-02-07 17:37, Dre_o wrote:
In case you haven't read the above response:
Brute force. Melee combat.
And the Nanotrance. (or what ever it is)

Nanotrance is like specal attacks for beast. (why dose it sounds like DBZ for some reason? I guest because they are mostly inhancement and energy attacks for beast race characters...)

Kupi
Feb 8, 2006, 12:55 PM
From what I've heard and my own idle speculation:

The Beasts were created as a modified human, much like the Newmen. However, whereas the Newmen are essentially humans with genetic tweaks to give them stronger mental powers, Beasts are the result of the combination of human and animal genomes to create a physically stronger half-breed creature. Of course, humans weren't just playing around with their genetics for fun; Beasts were originally intended to be a subordinate class of workers who could survive the harsh conditions of the desert planet Moatoob. As must occur with any enslaved race, the Beasts eventually revolted and fought for equal rights, ultimately making the planet Moatoob their own home.

In PSO's terms, Beasts would appear to have the strongest ATP of any race, moderate DFP, high-ish EVP, and poor ATA and MST. As a result, Beasts make ideal Hunters but poor Rangers and Forces*. Since they are mostly pidgeonholed into this role, Beasts have the special ability "Nanoblast", in which they transform into a lion-esque creature, gaining a massive boost to physical power for some amount of time once they take enough damage. Think of the Nanoblast as a type of Photon Blast.

Nanotrance (I personally think it's supposed to be "Nanotrace") is the system by which people can miniaturize and transfer items. It's the canonical way the Item Pack operates.

* Yes, yes, yes, I KNOW. "There are no more classes." I'm saying that Beasts make better use of the Hunter type than the Ranger or Force types, and by a relatively wide margin.

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 03:50 PM
Tho I wont be mainly relying on guns with my beast, I will use handguns as an offhand. Ill prove it can be done even if it is a bit tricky. Id still like to see ppl do unusual combos like Beast or Cast Force, Newman Ranger, etc. Players shouldnt be deterred necessarily because their race choice isnt optimal for chosen type. Im sure it will work out fine. The way the types are being set up allows for a bit more freedom than PSO's class system & I believe it could actually improve our chars. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NightHour13
Feb 8, 2006, 04:36 PM
I agree with Odin, I really want to see a Cast with a robe on and a pink wand hahaha. Kireek ala priest of Parum. haha

Kupi
Feb 8, 2006, 05:58 PM
Why do I even bother with disclaimers any more? People still contradict me! >_<#

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-02-08 14:58, Kupi wrote:
Why do I even bother with disclaimers any more? People still contradict me! >_<#

Im not contradicting you. I read what you had to say. I also read up on Beasts long ago & Newmen...well, knew about them since PSII. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif We know that ppl usually equate a race with certain strengths so expect most Beasts to be attack oriented & most Newmen to be tech users. I believe that falls into the area of agreement you were stating, yes?

Kupi
Feb 8, 2006, 11:46 PM
On 2006-02-08 12:50, OdinTyler wrote:
Tho I wont be mainly relying on guns with my beast, I will use handguns as an offhand. Ill prove it can be done even if it is a bit tricky. Id still like to see ppl do unusual combos like Beast or Cast Force, Newman Ranger, etc. Players shouldnt be deterred necessarily because their race choice isnt optimal for chosen type. Im sure it will work out fine. The way the types are being set up allows for a bit more freedom than PSO's class system & I believe it could actually improve our chars. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I realize that it's multiple layers of inferred, but what I got out of this was that you were reacting to the fact that I said Beasts were pidgeonholed into the Hunter class by saying that they can be Rangers and Forces as well. I know I can't talk from real in-game experience, but so long as we're going by the general themes we've been given, Beasts really only have Hunter as a "preferred" type. They don't have much accuracy and they don't have much mental power, so (at the start, before training) they don't make good Rangers or Forces. Compare this to, say, Newmen, who have goodish accuracy and high mental power, which makes them well-suited to two types at once. That's why the Beasts get Nanoblasts-- if they're going to be good at just one thing (to start), they'd better be spectacular at it.

To reduce it to sound bytes, this is my impression of what was said:

"Beasts make good Hunters, but bad Rangers and Forces. (Yes, I know that training makes a difference.)"
"But training makes a difference!"

That's the frustrating part. I made an allowance for that view, and it was still presented as though I hadn't made the allowance. That's why I feel as though I was being contradicted.

...coincidentally, I'll be making a half-Ranger, half-Hunter Beast myself, and a friend who's going to play the game is going as a Force/Ranger Beast, so it's not as though I think it's impossible for them to go that way. I'm just saying that their statistics only make them the paragon of one type, whereas the other races generally get two really good options from the start.

(Sorry, this has been bugging me for a while. But it's off my chest now!)

Atayin
Feb 9, 2006, 01:16 AM
*head explodes*...

Err.. Actually, if it's any consolation, Kupi, I'm sure that the majority of those who read your post appreciated it. I didn't feel the need to post because you already summed up what I had wanted to say in a well written way.

Sure, people love to critisize and complain over the way certain technicalities are phrased... and, sure those very same people also contradict their own complaints by doing it themselves.. but, it doesn't invalidate the facts or constructive attempts at stating them. Thanks for trying to keep everybody happy. It was the thought that counted.

And, as for me personally, I'm looking forward to making a pure melee oriented beast. I don't just want to be better then average in that strongspot.. I want to dominate at close range. From what we know, Beasts will be built around heavy close-up damage, so I think I'll try to take advantage of that strength as much as possible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-02-08 22:18 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
Kupi, I wasnt contradicting you. Just adding my thoughts. Believe it or not, I dont actually disagree with you. Oh & Atayin needs to be fitted for a new head since his apparently exploded...