PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

WashuSaotome
Feb 7, 2006, 09:13 PM
You know what?

Why is it that every single time I end up doing my grandmother's / mother's / stepfather's stupid work, I get YELLED AT?

It's not my fault that can't spell. It's not my fault they don't know how to USE A GOD DAMN COMPUTER. It's not my fault they take classes and NOT WANT TO TYPE ANYTHING.

Learn how to god damn type.

Like last night...

After handing me about twenty pages of notes (that my mom wanted me to type up because she doesn't want to read her handwriting), I finished half of it. I decide to fall asleep because I'm sick and tired. LO AND FUCKING BEHOLD, she wakes me up and tells me to type up some chicken scratch her fatass husband "took the time out to" write.

His god damn spelling and grammar made it hard for me to figure out what was to be said in her paper. Still, I typed it up. All three, scribbled pages of it until three in the morning. I fall asleep and wake up at six to get ready for school.

Before I head off, I hand her the paper and lo and behold...

"Is that all?"

And I tell her, "Yes. Only one page."

"It's supposed to be double spaced."

"Why didn't you tell me that?"

So I go and fix up her paper some more and make it all double spaced and shit. She still complains, but I leave.

But oh shit, when she came to pick me up after school...

"I shouldn't have picked you up. I should have let you take the bus home!"

She tells me that the paper was butchered and that I shouldn't have bothered to type it if I "wasn't going to do a good job". I explain to her that her husband can't write for shit, and that she should have had him type it out. THEN I could have looked it over and made corrections. But no. She said I did a dirty thing and that I'm "not worth a poot".

Eh...

As I type now, she's calling me and yelling at me because she can't get the god damn computer to work. I offered to come home (I'm over my grandmother's) and help her, but all she does is dismiss me. What does she want if I can't help her? I can only do so much!

Keep in mind that I've been sick for the past few days and really stressed / overloaded with school things. I have people giving me papers to type and they all want me to do their homework, as if they are not aware of my other duties.

Screw Shara, huh? Screw the fact that she is overloaded with a god damn Spanish paper and some assignments she missed when she was absent from school. Screw the fact that she's under a lot of stress and pain and hasn't been getting any sleep. Screw her.

That's what it seems like they're telling me. "Screw you. If you can't do my schoolwork, then you're good for nothing."

...What the hell?

Sometimes I wish I was as stupid as they are for the sake of me not doing my family's work.

Eanae
Feb 7, 2006, 10:30 PM
It's not my fault that can't spell. It's not my fault they don't know how to USE A GOD DAMN COMPUTER. It's not my fault they take classes and NOT WANT TO TYPE ANYTHING.

No offense, but for a rant about grammer, might want to look at that sentance. Second of all, have you ever tried to teach them how to do it yourself rather than them having to take a class? Whenever my mom wants to learn how to do something on the computer, I teach her myself. Either that, or get her a typewriter for her birthday or something. Old people like primative things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2006-02-07 19:30 ]</font>

Skorpius
Feb 8, 2006, 12:23 AM
On 2006-02-07 19:30, Eanae wrote:
No offense, but for a rant about grammer, might want to look at that sentance.

And you might want to take a look at yours.

Maridia
Feb 8, 2006, 12:34 AM
CHILDREN! Don't make me get the hittin' stick! *shakes fist*

Man, Washu. That sucks. Sounds like how I always do all my mother's laundry, and I DON'T lose any of it, but when my mother misplaces her socks in her hellhole of a bedroom, IT'S MY FAULT BECAUSE I DO HER LAUNDRY AND I LOSE EVERYTHING!

Well, we're both doing our mothers the favors. I've told her now that if she has such a big problem, she can do it herself. I don't mind helping, but being accused and blamed and unappreciated sucks, and I suggest you try to explain that to your mother. If she doesn't listen, well, then don't type it up. She has to learn sometime, doesn't she? May as well be sooner than later. Hope things go better for you. Sucks when irritating things happen to fun people like you. ;o

KaFKa
Feb 8, 2006, 02:30 AM
Stop doing her work, simple as that.

But I know you won't take any advice from anyone, you'll go back to being mentally molested by your mother because your too scared of the unknown of what would happen if you didnt.

Daikarin
Feb 8, 2006, 05:46 AM
Yeah, it's hard when you feel you're doing the right thing, and one of your elder relatives doesn't seem to acknowledge it. But if they rant at you even though you did your best, then it seems to me they are the ones feeling frustrated about something else (like, not knowing how to work with the computer properly) and are letting it out on you, since they take you for granted. And if you answer back, you're most likely to get into a fight, even if reason is by your side. The trick is not to show an emotion when you sense them treating you in that manner. It will make them think about their actions more than if you argued back, believe me.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 8, 2006, 07:56 AM
Its very unfair of a parent or guardian to force such an amount of work onto someone that late at night(then what, go to sleep?) then threaten to take away a necessity in spite of it not being done up to their standards.

Threatening not to pick you up, in order to scare you into doing more?

Yeah, that will really work and make your children listen to you. :/

But its not my mother and I won't force you to have any ill will towards her and your other guardian.

Charmander02
Feb 8, 2006, 04:19 PM
Stop doing thier work tell them to get off thier asses and work. Make the realize how screwed they are if you dont do their work, then they'll appreciate you more.

Or do their work but ask for money or you wont do it.

Rainbowlemon
Feb 8, 2006, 05:03 PM
Wait, let me get this straight...you do your MOTHER's work 'till 3 in the morning, printed and everything, and she complains about the LINE SPACING?! Geez, put your foot down! I wouldn't take that kind of shit from my mum! Not to be the devil on your shoulder - I love my mum, we get along famously, but it's because she respects my opinions, and me as a person. If you let her walk on you like that, you'll never be able to stand up for yourself.

Saying that, don't cause an uproar about it, that won't solve anything - just talk to her about it, tell her that you feel that you should have received a bit more recognition for staying up late at night doing her work. Never be afraid to stand up to people - the most likely case is that, if you're reasonable, she'll take your point on board (even if she has a go at you, your reasoning will toy with her opinions).

In any case, a phrase I'm sure you're aware of comes to mind - 'Give a man a fish and he'll eat for today; Teach him how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime'. If people know you're willing to do their work for them, they will keep coming to you and asking for you to do it. Make it clear that it is up to them to do their own work, and if they're unsure about how to word process, teach them. Or buy this game. (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4973)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antimony on 2006-02-08 14:04 ]</font>

WashuSaotome
Feb 8, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-02-07 19:30, Eanae wrote:

No offense, but for a rant about grammer, might want to look at that sentance. Second of all, have you ever tried to teach them how to do it yourself rather than them having to take a class? Whenever my mom wants to learn how to do something on the computer, I teach her myself. Either that, or get her a typewriter for her birthday or something. Old people like primative things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2006-02-07 19:30 ]</font>

Well, excuuuuuse me.

My grammar is much, much better than that. Typos can be made, but when it comes to school work or doing papers I take my freakin' time. It's the internet. Calm down.

On 2006-02-07 23:30, KaFKa wrote:
Stop doing her work, simple as that.

But I know you won't take any advice from anyone, you'll go back to being mentally molested by your mother because your too scared of the unknown of what would happen if you didnt.

Well, I did have a talk with my mom yesterday. She's pulling that, "You could have said no" stuff. The thing about that is that when I complained about me being busy and not wanting to do work (before said convo), she would get mad at me.

:/ I wish she would make up her mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WashuSaotome on 2006-02-08 17:53 ]</font>

fronebullare
Feb 9, 2006, 09:24 PM
1.Don't do their work again..ever.

2.do their work but charge up front for it and that way you can pay for the bus ride home if your mom threatens to not pick you up.

3.move if you can.

4.Talk to her about it and explain to her that you can't keep doing her work cause you won't always be around to do it for her.

5.totally explode and curse the shit out of her and walk away....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fronebullare on 2006-02-09 18:25 ]</font>

opaopajr
Feb 10, 2006, 03:37 AM
i don't know your relation with your mom, etc. but i'm just going to assume this was just a normal stupid spat that all people living together eventually have. some of the things she expected of you, and said to you during and after the work, was out of character for a mature and responsible guardian. i'd have higher expectations of adults, but we're all human, and i don't know how routine this is.

that said, the adults in the family need to get their act together and learn how to type. there's no excuse in this modern age to not know how. if they need to take a typing, computer literacy, or english course at the local community college have them sign up ASAP. they are only going to get reamed in life later if they have to rely on a minor for important written documents. literacy, basic technology and linguistic, is everyone's personal concern, and there's lots of help available.