PDA

View Full Version : In Famitsu this week.. [ scans pending ]

Lovejuice
Feb 8, 2006, 01:21 PM
German gaming site Gamefront.de (http://www.gamefront.de), has put up a wee thing detailing what appears to be part of this week's Famitsu PSU featurette. No images are supplied, but I suppose scans may surface later this week (or, if this is correct, it'll no doubt be in this week's official update). Nothing overly shocking, but fun little things to know about 'My Room'.

Neue Infos zu Phantasy Star Universe

08.02.06 - Die Famitsu hat in ihrer neuesten Ausgabe weitere Infos zum Rollenspiel Phantasy Star Universe veröffentlicht. Den Schwerpunkt des Artikels bildet 'My Room': Jeder Online-Spieler hat ein eigenes Zimmer, in dass er bis zu sechs Freunde einladen kann.

Der Raum steht nur online zur Verfügung, sein Aussehen lässt sich verändern. Geplante Designs sind Weihnachten, Halloween oder ein Fußballstadion. In einer Umkleidekabine wechselt man seine Klamotten.

In einem kleiner Lager, vergleichbar mit der Bank in Phantasy Star Online , deponiert man Gegenstände, auf die alle Mitspieler Zugriff haben. Release: 30.03.06 (Japan)

My German has gone a bit rusty with time, but the most poignant pieces of information I can pick out are:

a) Possible Christmas (which we've previously witnessed), Halloween, and 'Football Stadium' room themes.
b) A 'changing room' (Umkleidekabine) within your own room, in which to change outfits? Perhaps we can purchase outfits or have direct access to the tailoring store? ('Klamotten' is a general word for 'clothing' and 'fashion', if I remember). Although, I'm not sure if this in reference to actual player fashion, or the 'look' of your room..
c) Your 'bank', as assumed by many, will be in your room. (I'm iffy on the second part though, it seems to say something about sharing your 'bank' with other characters? Perhaps those from your account? I guess we'll have to wait for a clear translation/article)

EDIT: Aha, here's a Babelfish translation just to hopefully verify my broken translation, although, I think Babel's is probably a tad more broken than mine, teehee.

The Famitsu published further information in its newest expenditure to the game of roles Phantasy star of university verses. ' My Room ' forms the emphasis of the article: Each on-line player has his own room, into that he can invite up to six friends.

The area is to only on-line ones at the disposal, its appearance can be changed. Planned Designs are Christmas, Halloween or a football stadium. In a changing room one changes its Klamotten.

In small camps, comparably with the bank in Phantasy star on-line one, one deposits articles, on which all fellow players have access.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2006-02-08 10:34 ]</font>

ajenteks
Feb 8, 2006, 01:38 PM
Cool, nice find.

Ryna
Feb 8, 2006, 01:45 PM
That is a nice find LoveJuice. I'll see if I can get our resident German-speaker to translate it.

EDIT:
Here is Rena-ko's translation:

New Information about PSU

Famitsu released further information about the RPG PSU in their latest issue. The article focuses on "My Room." Every online-gamer has an own room, in which s/he can invite up to six friends.

The room is only accessible online and is customizable. Planned designs include 'Christmas', 'Halloween' and 'Soccer Stadium' (Football). In a seperate dressing room one can change clothes. One can deposit items in a little depot, compareable to the bank in PSO, which all players have access to.

Release: March 30th 2006 (Japan)

[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-2-08 11:04 ]

ChronoTrigga
Feb 8, 2006, 05:07 PM
nice, account shared banking. sweetness, and might I add. uber.

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 07:00 PM
Well, Ive been hoping for a shared bank between your chars. I just hope they dont make small banks per char as that would annoy me. If the 200 item list carries over & we're only allowed 1 bank for the entire acct, figuring 4 chars per acct, we should see a bank with no less than 800 spaces, right? Or is it as Ive hypothesized before where each char gets a 200 space bank & then, you get a small shared bank that all of your chars can pull from? If so, that would be great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 8, 2006, 07:30 PM
It'll probably be closer to 2000 in total due to the fact that you can't just bring one weapon with you anymore (PP limit)

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2006, 07:35 PM
Well, I was just being conservative. Having a shared bank is great. You can put in items that any of your chars can then pick up again. However, each char should have a decently sized bank for putting their items into storage. We have a whole apt to ourselves, each char having their own. A 200 space locker in PSO is one thing, but, imagine what a whole apt would give? Probably 1000 spaces! LOL Imagine the possibilities.

DarK-SuN
Feb 8, 2006, 08:24 PM
On 2006-02-08 10:45, Ryna wrote:
That is a nice find LoveJuice. I'll see if I can get our resident German-speaker to translate it.

EDIT:
Here is Rena-ko's translation:

New Information about PSU

Famitsu released further information about the RPG PSU in their latest issue. The article focuses on "My Room." Every online-gamer has an own room, in which s/he can invite up to six friends.

The room is only accessible online and is customizable. Planned designs include 'Christmas', 'Halloween' and 'Soccer Stadium' (Football). In a seperate dressing room one can change clothes. One can deposit items in a little depot, compareable to the bank in PSO, which all players have access to.

Release: March 30th 2006 (Japan)

I honestly don't think it's shared at all, it's just saying that players have access to their own bank.
Might have been a translation quirk due to some words not translating properly (notice how Rena-ko's translation doesn't mention a shared bank, just says all players have access to it).
Mind you, a shared bank among all our online characters would be nice and would make item transfers a lot easier.

Side note, which I noticed was said in the news on the front page: "My Room" is not limited to Online Mode only, the Extra Mode character also has a "My Room", as can be seen in the Extra Mode pictures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2006-02-08 17:26 ]</font>

Russ2576
Feb 8, 2006, 08:25 PM
Wow, that's a great bit of news. Should make transferring items between our characters easier. I was wondering how, or even if we'd be able to do that. I was even flashing back to the early days of transferring stuff, make a game, get somebody to babysit it, drop your stuff on the ground, and hope your friend doesn't d/c while your switching characters. Yeah, them were the days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Now I'm curious how this shared bank will work. If char A deposits stuff in it in his/her room, will char B be able to access it in his/her room that's elsewhere on the Colony? Or does char B have to access char A's room somehow(unlikely as it may be)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-02-08 17:27 ]</font>

Ryna
Feb 8, 2006, 10:38 PM
After reading over Rena-ko's translation again, I decided that the wording was not explicit enough to indicate there will be shared banking. So, I decided to revise the news post to say that banking will be available in "My Room."

Let's wait for the scans to appear and see what they have to say.

Kano-Okami
Feb 8, 2006, 11:14 PM
hmm, I wonder what it exactly means by "all players". Everyone's assuming it means shared Player storage but it might be for those you invite to your house aswell, like a place to trade outside of selling items in your shop..hmm..well, its a thought.