PDA

View Full Version : PSU ported to other systems

Tkinc
Feb 9, 2006, 04:23 PM
Just wondering, do you think if PSU is over-successful, that Sega Team might even decide to port PSU to other systems like the GCN or NRev in the future? Other games did this despite previously stating that it was supposed to be for 1 system (ex. Tales of Symphonia and Capcom v.s Snk 2 which were LATER ported to other systems). What do you think the rough probability would be? Please post

DarK-SuN
Feb 9, 2006, 04:43 PM
Sonic Team already said in an interview that they were interested in porting PSU to the next generation consoles, so expect to see a PSUv2 or something along those lines for the Xbox 360, PS3 and Revolution at some point.

ajenteks
Feb 9, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-02-09 13:23, Tkinc wrote:

Just wondering, do you think if PSU is over-successful, that Sega Team might even decide to port PSU to other systems like the GCN or NRev in the future? Other games did this despite previously stating that it was supposed to be for 1 system (ex. Tales of Symphonia and Capcom v.s Snk 2 which were LATER ported to other systems). What do you think the rough probability would be? Please post

It depends. Nintendo's past consoles haven't been online friendly, and Xbox Live kind of strong-arms Sega's control. I kind of doubt it, myself. Once a game has been released for PC, it's been released everywhere it needs to be.

Tomeeboy
Feb 9, 2006, 04:49 PM
It's probably safe to say 'yes', just based on how they handled PSO. The original PSO came out exclusively on Dreamcast and five years later there have been versions of it on pretty much everything but PS2.

Nash
Feb 9, 2006, 04:49 PM
The only port I think is likely in the near future is a Revolution one.

There's quite a few people saying Sega is doing a lot of Revolution stuff, and that there's a big game amongst them. PSU would be an ideal game to launch the Revolution's Wifi service, and the game obviously has a Nintendo fanbase now because of Episodes I-III. It's also shares GC development tools so it would be easy to port, or they might have even been developing it in parallel.

I'm sure it will end up on PS3 sometime in the future, maybe 360 as well, but I think that will be in the form of an enhanced sequel and won't be for a while. Wouldn't be surprised at all to hear about a Revolution version before the end of the year though.

GaijinPUnch
Feb 9, 2006, 05:11 PM
They will port it to the most successful system. My bet - PS3. Xbox360, while the most online friendly, will not have the numbers in Japan that Sega will need to make it playable. I somehow think Nintendo's marketing of the Revolution will be something like that DS, which means traditional online games will go to the PS3.

azjazo
Feb 9, 2006, 05:21 PM
my bets on the Rev, nintendo its goin to full suport online service now, and well, if nintendo can market its accesories for THE controller, than it will be no surprise to see a wireless KB for Rev

Plus, Rev will be the most popular console if ppl open their eyes and stop playing remakes for the PS3/360 IMHO

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 06:06 PM
Why is this topic being brought out AGAIN? This is what, the 3rd time this is being created? Here are some important facts to remember:

Fact: The game isnt out yet. Quit jumping the gun, guys!
Fact: PSU was confirmed for PS2 & PC only & reasons were given by ST.
Fact: PSU would be 'considered' for next-gen. It was not confirmed. Given whats been said, IF it was ported to next-gen systems, its obvious which system(s) would more than likely get it.

DavidNel
Feb 9, 2006, 07:47 PM
I know its not out yet, but if it comes to the Revo think how cool it will be. You will have that funky controller to kill stuff, and shoots stuff, and reck stuff... AWSEOME!!

I think the Revo controler will be a great match!

DizzyDi
Feb 9, 2006, 08:04 PM
If PSU were to go to the Rev, it wouldn't use the remote controller. Yeah, it'd be cool, but its not realistic to expect the remote controller to handle all the button functions that it needs. PSU is using EVERY button on the PS2 controller. Sega would have to map PSU's buttons onto the controller cradle thingermajig that Nintendo is sopposed to release with the Rev.

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 10:10 PM
Even that wouldnt be necessary. Nintendo has already said the Rev would be fully compatible with Gamecube controllers. IF put there...& I mean IF...I wouldnt be surprised if ppl used their GC controllers. Its actually not a bad controller. I still use mine for a lil game called PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tystys
Feb 9, 2006, 10:19 PM
Bah, I just hope they atleast port it to something like the PS3...if they're going to do so.

SpikeWT1
Feb 9, 2006, 10:23 PM
I'm hopeing that if they release it on the next gen console there will be sownloadble content.

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2006, 10:28 PM
Well, it may not sound like much, but, ST's said there will be patches to download & those would be saved on the card. May not be new mazes or anything like that. Who knows what the patches would contain. Suffice to say, theres some downloading that will be happening.

SpikeWT1
Feb 9, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-02-09 19:28, OdinTyler wrote:
Well, it may not sound like much, but, ST's said there will be patches to download & those would be saved on the card. May not be new mazes or anything like that. Who knows what the patches would contain. Suffice to say, theres some downloading that will be happening.

yea, I knew that already, but you know how they released v.2 of PSO. Something like that for the next gen console (and pc)and but more along the lines of PSII. where they release new content with a new story and allow Downloadble content.

Yummi
Feb 10, 2006, 09:12 AM
It depends. Nintendo's past consoles haven't been online friendly, and Xbox Live kind of strong-arms Sega's control. I kind of doubt it, myself. Once a game has been released for PC, it's been released everywhere it needs to be.

Nintendo hasnt been online friendly in the past, but REVs biggest boasting point falls in its extensive online library database hosted by nintendo so you can pretty much say nintendo is going to be on the money this time around.

Xboxlive, will work alongside with other subscription services and vice versa as seen in ffxi case, and a few other of MMOs that are being speculated for release. One being another square-enix game that will use POL and is developed for xbox360 maybe other next gen systems too.

Tkinc
Feb 15, 2006, 03:36 PM
Hey sorry guys if this "was" a repition of another topic. I thought, when I made this topic, that no one else did so... oh well. Let me tell you. I also agree it will port of Rev. But for the time being lets see just how successful THIS port will be in the few months it is released. If it is VERY successful, then I am almost 90% sure Sega will release an upgrade (another 1 and II of PSU (lol PSU I & II)) on the Revolution- since Nintendo is now their best friend personally, though not particularily their preferance when it comes down to online play as much as the PS2. Heck. It's good Sega is making PS2 happy a bit and gives them something... its the same way Square Enix treats nintendo, by only giving them 1 FF title per system (although the first 5 FF's were on nintendo... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif atleast now Sony is known for something right?)

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-02-15 12:36, Tkinc wrote:
Hey sorry guys if this "was" a repition of another topic. I thought, when I made this topic, that no one else did so... oh well. Let me tell you. I also agree it will port of Rev. But for the time being lets see just how successful THIS port will be in the few months it is released. If it is VERY successful, then I am almost 90% sure Sega will release an upgrade (another 1 and II of PSU (lol PSU I & II)) on the Revolution- since Nintendo is now their best friend personally, though not particularily their preferance when it comes down to online play as much as the PS2. Heck. It's good Sega is making PS2 happy a bit and gives them something... its the same way Square Enix treats nintendo, by only giving them 1 FF title per system (although the first 5 FF's were on nintendo... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif atleast now Sony is known for something right?)

The main reason so many FF games were on Nintendo systems stems from the fact that Square was once part of Nintendo. Originally a dev team for them, they broke apart & became their own company. Most notable for Rad Racer (horrible) & the FF series, theyre pretty much gonna put their series where they want, regardless of what Miyamoto wants.